Think-tank: Adding new races, TFs and locations to CoC

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Interesting setting. You could make some other sheets for some other changes you plan make involving races. I mean it won't be a harm to make such to later look back for them to use as references or smth. WOuld later go to beach/ocean gdoc to make few comments on few things I thought since last time.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
These are my favourite items out of that list.

• New encounters: giant bugs, reverse mermen (I’d personally like something closer to sahagin or deep ones), crabs... Above all, I'd like to see turtles, orcs and lacta bovines since members of those races are already around. The tentacle girl follower, Brianna and Captain Bloodbeard sound interesting as individuals.

• Expansions: Ro’gar (and giving him nonsexual scenes for feminine characters, please!), Bianca (naga), demon tribe, Followers of the Fetish

• Misc: Cephalopod Armor, Tel’Adre prostitution

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Muffdiver884 Ohh so many ideas here xD And somehow more than "few" f them are the same ideas I come over while I'm sure I barely read most of those ideas...I think so well looks like others have siilar thoguths how to expand CoC. Surely would be possible to work on some of those to use them in one of mods ^^

@Kesil What would happen with desert naga if we expand Bianca? I assume X-pack would involve taking her to camp. Or just replacing her with some simple explanation by another naga?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I haven't read Bianca's doc to be honest, but I don't think that giving her more interactions should necessarily equate to CampPal #495896758. Same could apply to Ro'Gar, the Minotaur Sons or the Musician Satyr (just to name a few encounters I personally like). Ideally, it'd be all kinds of cool if you could customise your follower list, but alas...

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
Looking through some of those ideas, it's a shame so many of them failed or didn't even get off the ground, the orc npcs, Brianna, and wild labovines looked the most promising.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Such is the sad reality of things.  An idea gets the attention of the coders and writers, or it remains in creative perguatory.  

FolsomC

Jun 10, 2016
I do love the idea of the Orc scenes in that doc, plus the idea of expanded content with Ro'gar.  Even without the addition of other Orc types, it'd be fun to have him eventually offer to transform the PC into an orc, go through the Bro Brew process himself, etc.

Delightful content.

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
well im wondering if adding a orca/killer whale tf item could be done as id like more sea creatures to be added myself also for a mob could have them rivals of sharks who where once in the lake but pushed out by the sharks and now live somewere else maybe the swamp or something (or you could just have them at a beach or sea place if you add one)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
well im wondering if adding a orca/killer whale tf item could be done as id like more sea creatures to be added myself also for a mob could have them rivals of sharks who where once in the lake but pushed out by the sharks and now live somewere else maybe the swamp or something (or you could just have them at a beach or sea place if you add one)

Given that I need ocean location to be added at latest in 0.7c Xianxia mod version both beach and ocean will be added by then there. At first it may be both quite barren counting enemy enc places but in 2-3 more builds I would add more enemies there to get around 2-4 enemy enc in each location so adding those tpyes of races won;t be a trouble with adding of ocean (jsut someone or me would need to write it first so I later code it all ^^)

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
To all: If you think, that a race, location or potion should be added to the list, please point me to the post or the Google Docs document, wiki entry, trello page or whatever. So I can add this to the list

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Ive been considering your krakken as ive already made scylla I think kraken should have slippery rubber like skin instead of fish scales.

i also discussed bioluminescence and a trangular hood with ormael

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I updated this post where I had those few position you linked from main post so you can in spare moment update also main post meantiong them there with link.

Kharn

Mar 27, 2016
Hm, how about Gryphons? I know beaks aren't a supported mouth type due to the odd things with kissing in scenes, but an option for those who just rather use the game as a character builder than a waifu simulator. Plus I must be in the rarity, but after reading the scenes years ago I just skip over them now after reading them once or twice.

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
Hm, how about Gryphons? I know beaks aren't a supported mouth type due to the odd things with kissing in scenes, but an option for those who just rather use the game as a character builder than a waifu simulator. Plus I must be in the rarity, but after reading the scenes years ago I just skip over them now after reading them once or twice.

I've grepped through the code for FACE_SHARK_TEETH, FACE_SNAKE_FANGS and FACE_SPIDER_FANGS and AFAICS only a few scenes handle them. e. G in UrtaPregs.as:

if (player.faceType == FACE_SHARK_TEETH || player.faceType == FACE_SNAKE_FANGS || player.faceType == FACE_SPIDER_FANGS) outputText(", always minding your sharp teeth");

So I guess, handling beaks in terms of coding it would be the least problem. Well, I guess even writing the corresponding text would be a rather easy task. However: if anyone has an idea, how the texts have to be altered to handle kissing with a beak, than please tell us, but I'd suggest not to make it to complicated.

Personally I'd just handle it for example in UrtaPregs.as like this:

if (player.hasBeak()) outputText(", always minding your beak"); // Its not in the way, you just have to be veeery careful ;)

Aaand I guess we all know, that lovaing birds are kissing themselves, too :)

If you wanna see for yourself, I've attached the result of me grepping through the code: View attachment fangs-n-shark-teeth-scenes.txt

Kharn

Mar 27, 2016
Either that or 

if (player.hasBeak()) outputText(", always minding your beak");

more towards if player.hasBeak())) outputText(", intimidated by your beak instead opting to give you a kiss on your forehead");

But either could work in scenes really.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think Obsever from FoE section was dealing with beaks for Cveta so you can tlak to him how to deal with this @Stadler

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Since the fudgy details are more or less dealt with, i'll put the completed concept here for the sake of having it all in one place

morph's name: Shandian (simplification of Shǎndiàn, google translate's chinese equivalent of lightning)

Horns: One pair dragon

Antenae: whiskers.  +1or2 additional racial score

Face: Dragon, whiskers if they cannot fit into antenae for whatever reason

Tongue: Dragon

skinFurScales: Fur or scales (Don't want to limit to one or the other) 

Wings:  None

Tail: Dragon

Dick:  Dragon, sheathed

Legs: Human like, padded, claws

Arms: Human like, padded, claws

Additional note:  Mane like full dragon ember + 2 hair extension between head and tailtip.  Not sure what body part that should be in yet.  Also, want it to go into rut if possible for ember's dragon reproduction drive. 

Perk*: Lightning special attack(0.8 whitefire damage, high stun ratio(diminishing returns), electricity damage properties), passive soulforce regeneration

* dependent on whiskers

Xianxia Statpack:  -20 str, +10 speed, +50 int, +200 fatigue, +20 lust

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
Added Shandian to the list:

Antenae: whiskers.  +1or2 additional racial score

Face: Dragon, whiskers if they cannot fit into antenae for whatever reason

I'd suggest using
Antennae: None (existing antennae gets removed)
Face: Shandian (derived from dragon face. with whiskers)

PS: I googled for pics of Shandian, but I only found those silly One Piece pictures. TBH: I don't want to TF into one of these o_O

Additional note:  Mane like full dragon ember + 2 hair extension between head and tailtip.  Not sure what body part that should be in yet.  Also, want it to go into rut if possible for ember's dragon reproduction drive. 

I have implemented the rearBody property for this into my mod:

Code:
// rearBody
public static const REAR_BODY_TYPE_NONE:int            =   0;
public static const REAR_BODY_TYPE_DRACONIC_MANE:int   =   1;
public static const REAR_BODY_TYPE_DRACONIC_SPIKES:int =   2;
public static const REAR_BODY_TYPE_BEHEMOTH:int        =   3; // NYI, Its just there as an example.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
@Stadler Its an eastern dragon transform, but i don't think it would suit CoC's themes if we just called it that straight up.  

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
@Stadler Its an eastern dragon transform, but i don't think it would suit CoC's themes if we just called it that straight up.  

Aah, thank god.

And I even have an example picture for that, too:
Chinese Dragon tf Commission 4 by Ageaus.jpg
Chinese Dragon tf Commission 4 by Ageaus on DeviantArt

Oh and btw: I have a hard time to describe the shape of the underbelly.

You know: These uuhm ... thingies separated by uhm ... whatever-stuff-thingies .... Uhm, could anyone help me with that, please? ^^

And now, that I see that: In CoC Revamp you can have beards, so I'd probably go for the beard. Would be a beard, that magically regrows, when you cut it off or try to change its shape. Probably the Salon would just refuse to meddle around with an eastern beard. ^^

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Oh and btw: I have a hard time to describe the shape of the underbelly.

You know: These uuhm ... thingies separated by uhm ... whatever-stuff-thingies.

All the art i found was either uniform scales, uniform fur, or alternating fur/scales (like provided picture).  For simplicity's sake, methinks we should have the transform offer both standard fur and scales, with either one contributing to the racial score.  

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
D'oh, you were faster on the draw. I edited my post, while you were already replying to it:

You know: These uuhm ... thingies separated by uhm ... whatever-stuff-thingies .... Uhm, could anyone help me with that, please? ^^

And now, that I see that: In CoC Revamp you can have beards, so I'd probably go for the beard. Would be a beard, that magically regrows, when you cut it off or try to change its shape. Probably the Salon would just refuse to meddle around with an eastern beard. ^^

All the art i found was either uniform scales, uniform fur, or alternating fur/scales (like provided picture).  For simplicity's sake, methinks we should have the transform offer both standard fur and scales, with either one contributing to the racial score.  

Uhm, yeah. I guess, you're right. Maybe later we could make this more complex, if we have figured out how.

[Edit:] btw: I'd suggest to start a Google doc for that race. While this thread is a think tank, I think, that matured races and locations should go to either a new thread or (better) to a Google doc.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I was hoping that Ormael could refine the idea past this point.  Snakepocolypse has pretty much demonstrated that i can't get ideas well past the think tank stage.   I'm more of a coder than a writer, but even that skill needs a great deal of refinement before i can contribute more directly.  

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
I was hoping that Ormael could refine the idea past this point.  Snakepocolypse has pretty much demonstrated that i can't get ideas well past the think tank stage.   I'm more of a coder than a writer, but even that skill needs a great deal of refinement before i can contribute more directly.  

Yeah, I assume we have similar problems, when it comes to be creative, right? ^^

About the scales vs. fur problem. I guess the most simple and stupid solution for that would be the following (new body part):

// underBody
pubilc static const UNDER_BODY_TYPE_NORMAL:int = 0;
public static const UNDER_BODY_TYPE_DRAGON:int = 1; // dragon scales (= skinType) but a different underBodyColor, that changes along with the skinTone
public static const UNDER_BODY_TYPE_EASTERN:int = 2; // dragon scales or eastern dragon scales (in player appearance), skinType = SKIN_TYPE_EASTERN, underBodyColor = skinTone

Q&A:

• Q: Why a new skinType?
    A: Because of the scales at the underbelly. I see then a bit different from dragon scales and probably different from lizard scales, too. Some kind of magical scales, that give you a different bonus. e. g.: +5~10 INT.
  • Q: Why an extra skinTone aka underBodyColor?
    A: Look at Ember's appearance, especially how her/his skinColor is described:
    Ember is covered from head to toe in shield-shaped scales.  "His/Her dorsal scales are silver and reflect the light well, while His/Her underbelly is a rich golden color that stands in stark contrast.  These metallic-colored scales are large and prominent on Ember's back and the exterior of his/her limbs, but, on his/her face, the interior of his/her limbs and the front of his/her body, they are very small and fine, giving them a smooth and silken texture.

But, like I said: This is for later, so don't nail me on that. Maaaaybe, I'll implement this into my mod as a POC-implementation for later use.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Zevos No worry I would refine them into fine new race...as I said before I already gave some thoguths as much as planning new area for thunder/electics-like races to live like we got location for ice and fire lovin races ^^ Same with perk for making use of combo from lighting attacks xD and that spell IU feel should replace Blizzard.

So a little bit and I would make those eastern dragons you put together more pretty too ^^

@Stadler Am I getting it ritght this underbody would allow us to get skin on PC in two areas so like 'outer' parts looking more tought when 'inner' ones looking more delicate? Cool should be something that people would love to have.