Shou's TiTS Busts

Discussion in 'Art' started by Shouyousei, Oct 11, 2015.

  1. Woider

    Woider Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Yeah, having to scroll that bloody far each time gets annoying, especially when they load as you scroll, making shit jump up and down.
     
  2. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    I would like to point out that this thread IS in fact a home for Shou's art.
     
  3. Woider

    Woider Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    I hadn't noticed that, thanks for the clarification.
     
  4. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    Well sarcasm begets sarcasm :p I'm just trying to point out that the art is the priority.
     
  5. Emerald

    Emerald Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2016
    Even if it's a thread for the art it'd still be nice to not have to scroll so much to get to the bottom of the page. Plus like Woider mentioned, pictures loading as ya do, so it messes up the scrolling abit. ^^' Thumbnails could work too. Buuuuut that's just me ignore meh.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Woider and Kesil like this.
  6. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    I guess, I'm just trying to see this as Shou's place to put art for HER to see and manage and secondarily to get feedback about. I could be wrong about the purpose though.
     
  7. noobsaleh

    noobsaleh Captain Shitpost

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Compare to Shou's first post in this thread.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Shouyousei

    Shouyousei Eccentric Artist
    Creator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2015
    You are correct in the comparison. But that is only because the forums changed halfway through the posting on this thread. They were full sized on the old forums, and there specifically for that reason. The thread is a nice place to gain feedback, but it's mostly just a place you guys can see the busts in full. And as a side note - I don't use forums often. I have no idea how to make the image a spoiler. So I apologize, but I cannot.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. RanmaChan

    RanmaChan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    Just write: {spoiler}image here{/spoiler} but replace { } with [ ]
    Or use the little 'plus' button on the bar above the text box, and select 'spoiler'. It is between the buttons that look like a film reel and a floppy disk.
     
  10. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    I just had a moment of deja vu to every time I've watched someone try to teach an artist how to do something that they are uninterested in. It made me laugh.
    @Shouyousei What Ranmachan says is relatively accurate but just like coding, even simple things can get quite complex. I will not hold it against you if you choose to not devote quantities of energy, that could be used drawing more awesomeness for us, on learning how to post to other people's standards or desires.
     
    ShySquare likes this.
  11. Draconoid

    Draconoid Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2017
    I wonder whether said artist works so much she needs other people to speak for her...
    Wait nvm
     
  12. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    I don't actually understand the necessity of this post. I can't tell if it is designed to chastise me for speaking in defense of Shou or if it was meant to bolster me for doing such, or maybe backhandedly do one while appearing to do the other, or maybe something else entirely? I have been confused. Thank you for that, but I would love some information with which to interpret this situation more aptly.
     
  13. Draconoid

    Draconoid Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2017
    I was backhandedly questioning the neccesity of your repeated attempts to speak for Shou instead of, ya know, letting her speak for herself, which she is obviously capable of doing re: the cited post. Good on you for picking up on my negative tone.

    Do you really think she wants other people to respond to suggestions meant for her?
     
  14. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    I have not and do not hold any intention of "speaking for Shou". I have only ever been asking other posters, from time to time, whether they had fully thought out what they were asking of the person they are asking; often, more importantly, if they'd thought out the implications of the questions/suggestions. I try not to presume my own correctness, but that can creep in on anyone. By the same logic you are using I could easily ask the question, "Don't you think that she wouldn't inform someone they are in the wrong for trying to keep her from having to deal with every distraction from actually doing her work." It's just as presumptive of her decisions and just as reinforced by a lack of response from the actual center. The kinds of things that you are saying are also exactly the kinds of things used to isolate victims from other people in order to force them into social circumstances that the victim will become uncomfortable enough to make mistakes in. Should I presume that? Or perhaps we could all START from a position that no one is out to get anyone else? Of course, Shou is capable of answering "suggestions meant for her". This is a forum though, if the question/suggestion were PURELY for Shou it should have been done in a message not a post. The tools at hand define the communication in this case. I or anyone else on the forum have the ability to comment on a post or even to attempt to answer a question presented to another member. This is the inherent NATURE of a forum. It is defined in the modern forum that we should avoid off topic conversation, or derailing the thread (which this is fast approaching); with the understanding that, some deviation from topic is inevitable. I feel I have spoken all that I have to say regarding this topic, and barring some other salient point being brought forth that I feel I must address I done speaking about this. I hope that understanding has been achieved and that unpleasant feelings are explained if not ameliorated.

    Humbly and sincerely,
    Onyx.
     
  15. noobsaleh

    noobsaleh Captain Shitpost

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    @Draconoid: I noticed your post count and am assuming you're new here. Don't bother trying to argue with Onyx, he'll just stonewall you with an overly verbose and condescendingly intellectual essay, lol. I mean seriously, "Humbly and Sincerely", fucking hypocrite.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #375 noobsaleh, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Night Trap and Draconoid like this.
  16. Draconoid

    Draconoid Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2017
    @OnyxDrakkenblade
    While we're on the topic of giving unwanted public criticisms on each other's post etiquette, I've noticed a trend in your frequent and lengthy comments. For an informal porn discussion, you sure use a lot of unnecessarily large words. You know those are for condensing complex concepts into less bulky sentences, right? Bloating your character count and inflating your vocabulary in public doesn't win you respect, it just makes you look insecure about your perceived intelligence and discourages people from actually reading what you're saying.

    You could've conveyed the same meaning in your last post that I am restating here: "I think it's unreasonable for people to make public requests of artists because I believe those artists should have to deal with as few distractions from art as possible. So I felt justified in responding to those requests on behalf of the artist (without checking with said artist first) because my belief about artists and distractions is more important than whatever the artist herself thinks about those requests. Also, forums are spaces for public communication."

    Edited for readability, because wow I'm a hypocrite too, nice. :smuggo:
     
  17. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    First, of course I'm a hypocrite, I'm a living human. I could have carried the same meaning as you desired me to, by simply choosing to hate myself and use every sentence as a passive aggressive deprecation of my self. Sure I could absolutely do that. I do NOT use big words, as you say, to shorten the length of a comment or to condensing complexities, because that is NOT the only purpose of them. Perhaps it is the only one that you can come up with. I use big words when I want to, but more to the point, I also use them when I need to be precise with my language and use words that carry specific meanings. It's almost like I speak a language that is rife with words that carry a subtle and nuanced set of definitions, maybe even . . . a subtle inferred joke in the midst of such meanings. I will NOT change the way I communicate simply because you define my writing patterns as something to bulky or, lord help us, filled with distinct meanings. Finally, now that you have turned out minor misunderstanding regarding a conversation that wasn't about you into a form of aspersion upon me, I shall walk away from this conversation. Good day to you, and many blessings.
     
  18. Ethereal Dragon

    Ethereal Dragon Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2015
    Guys can you like take this elsewhere please? I don't think Shou would like to see this thread inundated with an argument between two members. I don't think ted would appreciate it either with the way things are going, it looks to me as if this is getting inflammatory.
     
    OnyxDrakkenblade and ShySquare like this.
  19. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    Yeah I see it going that direction as well and have walked away. Sorry if I helped to make your experience less pleasant.
     
  20. Shouyousei

    Shouyousei Eccentric Artist
    Creator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2015
    Right-o. So. *Claps hands*. Sit down and buckle up, fuckers. We're going on a journey. I will quite happily be addressing each post from the point of my last one - in order. Assuming I am like most females, or most artists, is your first mistake.

    @RanmaChan Thank you very much, I appreciate the knowledge and I'll endeavor to try and fiddle with some of the things to make it easier on users. I do honestly appreciate the help.

    @OnyxDrakkenblade To be fair - I'm not uninterested in doing things I don't know how to do, I like learning, and I like learning code. I just rarely have personal time to do so. The simple answer from Ranma was appreciated and simple enough that I can take an extra minute from my day to make posts easier for mobile users.

    @Draconoid Heart is in the right place, but you don't need to defend me and/or dress someone down in a thread of my own making, I don't mind policing when I need to.

    @OnyxDrakkenblade Back to you, my dear. I have indeed noticed the lengthy and verbose comments that have been given by you in the past, and while I applaud your use of language, and nuance, it is - ultimately - inflammatory here. The grandiose way you type, while appreciated by some, appears to be more a way to dissociate from the regular "rabble" of the forums. And while I could easily keep up with it, I'd really rather not have to deal with the headache that such arguments will bring about. Not because I am incapable, mind you, but rather because I need not unsheathe my sword to surmount every obstacle; I will tell the truth wherever I please and fear not the pen, the sword or the scaffold.

    @noobsaleh Unless you can hear the sincerity - or lack there of - in something someone is 'saying', it's assumptive to call them a hypocrite without knowing if they are honestly lacking in sincerity. You could unintentionally call into question someone who is actually being sincere.

    @Draconoid Now then! On to your comment, which amounts to a TL;DR on Onyx's post. I appreciate the need for shortened comments, and concise information delivered quickly. However, though they could have used one short post to do they, they didn't feel that the information they wanted to say would come across in the way they wanted. You wouldn't mock someone who spoke properly in person would you? Not everyone reacts/ types/ speaks in the same patterns.

    @OnyxDrakkenblade While your response again, is verbose that isn't a bad thing. (See my above comment to you.) That being said, keep in mind the comment I made to Draconoid as well. I am not attempting to tell you not to type/speak however you like, please, continue to be as loquacious as you like, just don't use that same garrulousness to cause arguments.

    @Ethereal Dragon Thank you very much, I appreciate the polite manner in which you asked them to stop. <3
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    NotYouNorI, Draconoid and Lkynmbr24 like this.
  21. RanmaChan

    RanmaChan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2017
    @Shouyousei No problem, always happy to help. Looking forward to more of your art!! :D
     
  22. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    Thank you for all of that. I feel clear in regards to you. I really do wish that this had never even gotten close to this point. I am sorry that you had to step in to say anything about it at all, and my part in that.
     
    #382 OnyxDrakkenblade, May 23, 2017 at 2:11 AM
    Last edited: May 23, 2017 at 6:19 AM
  23. Ethereal Dragon

    Ethereal Dragon Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2015
    @Shouyousei Hey no problem I try to remain as civil as I can when it comes to that stuff, I remember having to moderate shit like this before on a forum, usually if the offenders couldn't resolve their differences and kept bashing each other I gave them a week or two's vacation to cool off :p
     
  24. Draconoid

    Draconoid Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2017
    @Shouyousei
    Fair points, all. I pretty much did the same thing that I accused my interlocutor of doing, policing on your behalf, and threw fuel on a smoldering argument in the process. And I definitely wasn't nice about it. None of this belongs in your art thread, I apologize for allowing my personal feelings at relatively insignificant forum crap motivate me to post bad and make the problem worse. I'll follow my own advice and quit playing forum officer. Unrelated but more on topic: I have no idea who that Sean dragon is, but your rendering of him has me psyched to see him in-game and I'm really fukken jealous of your ability to draw dragon muzzles from a straight-ahead perspective. Also makes me double hype for your version of Chaurmine!

    @OnyxDrakkenblade
    Thanks for implying that I lack appreciation or knowledge of the semantic possibilities and nuances of English, you can keep believing that as you wish. Have a good one.
     
  25. bukacain

    bukacain New Member

    Joined:
    Monday
    Well, it feels a little awkward after all of the above... But, I just wanted to say I had a fun time browsing your thread! I really like your art style. : D
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  26. OnyxDrakkenblade

    OnyxDrakkenblade Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    Someone had to break the tension right :D you did an admirable job.
     
  27. Shouyousei

    Shouyousei Eccentric Artist
    Creator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2015
    Salire (One more to be added soon!)
    14.1.png 14.0.png
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nik_van_Rijn, ShySquare and MistyBirb like this.
  28. MistyBirb

    MistyBirb Harpy Princess
    Creator

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2016
    ... Who is this? >_>

    Is she a fish girl? Is she just a blue girl? Whatever she is, she's cute as a button! :eyepop:

    I have a special weakness for ponytails, but this character has a refreshingly simple and "to-the-point" design that I quite like all around. Good job as usual, Shou! :p
     
    Nik_van_Rijn likes this.
  29. NotYouNorI

    NotYouNorI Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    She is the replacement for Yammi.
     
  30. Lkynmbr24

    Lkynmbr24 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2016
    I think what Misty was moreso referring to is what species Salire is. I'd love to know this myself, as she has quite a unique look to her unlike anything I'm familiar with seeing on TiTS. She does look like an aquatic species from first glance though.