Sanctuary in Time - Text-based, Adult, Sci-fi Game

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
cover_art_as_patreon_banner_NEW_1110x278.png
Greetings, one and all!

I'm Max Ingram (NovusOperandi), indie developer of the text-based adult game Sanctuary in Time. There's a Free Edition available for download now, plus a Complete Edition w/ some extra bells & whistles. Check out the details below. Thank you for reading!

Sanctuary in Time is a text-based, adult game with sci-fi & RPG elements!

Your father's just been murdered. He was the God of Time. Now, it's your turn! Save damsels from dark corners of history; train them as warriors, courtesans, or workers. Build your forces. Expand & upgrade your citadel. And survive the enemies that seek your death!

Content:
m/f, voyeurism, incest, oral, anal, female masturbation, female muscle growth, genetic manipulation, female body hair, player as god.

Features:

- A text-based, narrative driven experience.

Features both a hand-crafted main story campaign as well as procedurally generated side story content that occurs randomly.

- Turn-based action.

Inspect and manage your followers, give them duty assignments to perform, then advance time to see the results of your choices.

- Customize & romance your followers.

The more devoted and loving your followers become, the more options you have for interacting with them. Unlock new choices for customization and intimacy as your followers advance in your service.

- Choose the path of strength, persuasion, or both!

Train your followers to be well-muscled warriors who fight to defend your life, or guide them down the paths of diplomacy and the loving arts so they can serve as peace-making priestesses instead. It's entirely up to you!

- Be the new God of Time.

Use the technology of your Celestial forebears to pluck women in distress from the darkest recesses of Earth's history. Save them from fates worse than death and earn their eternal gratitude!

Last edited:

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
I've written a review for this game over and over in my head, which (oddly) is kind of how the game plays!

TLDR: The game has promise. It's not developed enough for detailed long play, though the engine would allow you to play it for hours upon hours. It gets repetitive in how it approaches all the interesting bits. It has a defensive play style so far, at least I haven't found an offensive component yet. It's also fairly formula at this point, but I expect further development to flesh it out more completely.

Okay, so the normal 'in development' routine is to have a game that starts out with an initial drop of game and develops more story as it goes. This isn't that kind of game. This game is built around a turn-based engine that seems to let you play basically forever. It does this through a turn 'cycle' of events and choices that let you develop your harem of ladies to defend you and your citadel. If you love games with a sense of 'building' and repetition, this is your kind of game. If you don't like that, you aren't going to have a lot of fun here.

The engine is somewhat bare-bones but fully functional here. It needs about 5-6 times the development on the random event texts and far more random events. Get used to that word... random. RNG is the backbone of the game. It literally creates the girls off a template of constrained random stats/descriptions. This makes the girls very boilerplate. Once you figure out how to deal with them (their personalities are RNG based initially and that affects the RNG turn effects, if you get a pain in the ass girl, she somewhat stays that way), all the girls are the same to work with. They don't have any true individuality and your actions with them don't seem to have much of an overall impact on them. Yeah, you can screw up and they become less devoted to you, but that's really about it. They can be super devoted to you one moment but some RNG 'oops' and they can call kind of turn on you so there are some critical dice rolls as you progress in the story.

Where the game seriously needs some TLC is the sexual aspects of it. This area is literally scripted so tight that it's the same for every woman and your choices of how to go about it are fairly limited. This section is one of the areas where there IS NO RNG, so beyond a few text cue changes, it's very vanilla. I like vanilla, but other options are not available at this time... at all! My suggestion to NovusOperandi is to re-do this area entirely. Choices in sexual situations need to be based on some active involvement in the action, like the real thing. Your writing should tell the story of what your partner is feeling, or what she needs/wants. The choices on what to do next should include those things along what she wants with maybe an opposite thing to stymy/frustrate/surprise her; something that leads her down a different path she may not have explored yet. Those kinds of 'choices' where they are context sensitive (to use a User Interface term) not only force you to write better, they force the player to READ better or pay the price (Seeds of Chaos is a good example, screw up there and it can kill you!). The idea is, successful sexual encounters should really improve a given supplicants devotion, and a bad encounter should drop it almost as much. People like it when you think about them, as the MC you are their GOD... you need to act like one - for good or bad (yes, this side of being a God should also be in the game to attract those with darker tastes.) Also, the inspect option needs to have full sexual encounters possible, just waiting for a sex event is random and not taking advantage of the whole 'week' of engagement with your ladies. Strive for Power does sex text encounters very well and has a similar vibe to it, look into that to stir your inspiration, especially along the time tracking line, you do have a full week!

Story-wise the game has significant issues at the moment. It's got a decent main structure to the story and I've played it for a good 4-5 hours now. My issues with the story are that as the MC, you actually have very little control over things and your own personal intervention in day to day life around the Citadel is non-existent. You are a God moving your chess pieces around but you are always on the defensive. You can't control your own Citadel, you can't make offensive actions (YET, anyway. After 4 hours you'd think you could do something on the offense!) and worst of all, you don't have any impact on the story. Your job is to build up your defenses and wait for each 'wave' of story to attack your Citadel. If you script this out on a whiteboard, it's very loopy and not many loops with not many story interactions.

You have freaking time travel and portal use at your fingertips and all you can do is wait for the enemy to come and bug you? Where are the spies, your courtesans should be actively looking for the influence of the enemy in the time stream (ala Star Trek: "Enterprise" style) your knights should be putting down 'Anvil' attacks (if you don't know the reference, play the game dammit!) in the time stream. As you get stronger, the enemy should be more and more afraid of you, making mistakes that could lead you to directly attack their Citadels. This is how games work, you get reward if you risk it, nobody likes to play turtle forever- no matter how strong the turtle.

All in all, I'm being a bit harsh on an early version of a game, my apologies, but there is considerable possibility here in the game it could be a classic much like CoC and TiTs. It needs a lot of work but is very playable at this early stage... more so than most early release games, because the main engine is there and ready to take you quite a way down the path. The problem is the scenery is somewhat random and bland at this point, but that's easy enough to fix. I'll watch and play this one.

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
I've written a review for this game over and over in my head, which (oddly) is kind of how the game plays!

TLDR: The game has promise. It's not developed enough for detailed long play, though the engine would allow you to play it for hours upon hours. It gets repetitive in how it approaches all the interesting bits. It has a defensive play style so far, at least I haven't found an offensive component yet. It's also fairly formula at this point, but I expect further development to flesh it out more completely.

Okay, so the normal 'in development' routine is to have a game that starts out with an initial drop of game and develops more story as it goes. This isn't that kind of game. This game is built around a turn-based engine that seems to let you play basically forever. It does this through a turn 'cycle' of events and choices that let you develop your harem of ladies to defend you and your citadel. If you love games with a sense of 'building' and repetition, this is your kind of game. If you don't like that, you aren't going to have a lot of fun here.

The engine is somewhat bare-bones but fully functional here. It needs about 5-6 times the development on the random event texts and far more random events. Get used to that word... random. RNG is the backbone of the game. It literally creates the girls off a template of constrained random stats/descriptions. This makes the girls very boilerplate. Once you figure out how to deal with them (their personalities are RNG based initially and that affects the RNG turn effects, if you get a pain in the ass girl, she somewhat stays that way), all the girls are the same to work with. They don't have any true individuality and your actions with them don't seem to have much of an overall impact on them. Yeah, you can screw up and they become less devoted to you, but that's really about it. They can be super devoted to you one moment but some RNG 'oops' and they can call kind of turn on you so there are some critical dice rolls as you progress in the story.

Where the game seriously needs some TLC is the sexual aspects of it. This area is literally scripted so tight that it's the same for every woman and your choices of how to go about it are fairly limited. This section is one of the areas where there IS NO RNG, so beyond a few text cue changes, it's very vanilla. I like vanilla, but other options are not available at this time... at all! My suggestion to NovusOperandi is to re-do this area entirely. Choices in sexual situations need to be based on some active involvement in the action, like the real thing. Your writing should tell the story of what your partner is feeling, or what she needs/wants. The choices on what to do next should include those things along what she wants with maybe an opposite thing to stymy/frustrate/surprise her; something that leads her down a different path she may not have explored yet. Those kinds of 'choices' where they are context sensitive (to use a User Interface term) not only force you to write better, they force the player to READ better or pay the price (Seeds of Chaos is a good example, screw up there and it can kill you!). The idea is, successful sexual encounters should really improve a given supplicants devotion, and a bad encounter should drop it almost as much. People like it when you think about them, as the MC you are their GOD... you need to act like one - for good or bad (yes, this side of being a God should also be in the game to attract those with darker tastes.) Also, the inspect option needs to have full sexual encounters possible, just waiting for a sex event is random and not taking advantage of the whole 'week' of engagement with your ladies. Strive for Power does sex text encounters very well and has a similar vibe to it, look into that to stir your inspiration, especially along the time tracking line, you do have a full week!

Story-wise the game has significant issues at the moment. It's got a decent main structure to the story and I've played it for a good 4-5 hours now. My issues with the story are that as the MC, you actually have very little control over things and your own personal intervention in day to day life around the Citadel is non-existent. You are a God moving your chess pieces around but you are always on the defensive. You can't control your own Citadel, you can't make offensive actions (YET, anyway. After 4 hours you'd think you could do something on the offense!) and worst of all, you don't have any impact on the story. Your job is to build up your defenses and wait for each 'wave' of story to attack your Citadel. If you script this out on a whiteboard, it's very loopy and not many loops with not many story interactions.

You have freaking time travel and portal use at your fingertips and all you can do is wait for the enemy to come and bug you? Where are the spies, your courtesans should be actively looking for the influence of the enemy in the time stream (ala Star Trek: "Enterprise" style) your knights should be putting down 'Anvil' attacks (if you don't know the reference, play the game dammit!) in the time stream. As you get stronger, the enemy should be more and more afraid of you, making mistakes that could lead you to directly attack their Citadels. This is how games work, you get reward if you risk it, nobody likes to play turtle forever- no matter how strong the turtle.

All in all, I'm being a bit harsh on an early version of a game, my apologies, but there is considerable possibility here in the game it could be a classic much like CoC and TiTs. It needs a lot of work but is very playable at this early stage... more so than most early release games, because the main engine is there and ready to take you quite a way down the path. The problem is the scenery is somewhat random and bland at this point, but that's easy enough to fix. I'll watch and play this one.
Thank you for playing the game! I also want to thank you for the in-depth feedback & review. You brought up some really excellent points & have given me some good food-for-thought.

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
Thank you for playing the game! I also want to thank you for the in-depth feedback & review. You brought up some really excellent points & have given me some good food-for-thought.
You're welcome, take the review with a grain of salt. Don't read too much negative into it, I had a hard time trying to describe and review it at the same time. It was very interesting to figure out how to play it, there are some twists to figure out but pretty straightforward most of the time.

Some additional thoughts:

Since you are using technology to give the MC their 'powers', they aren't really a God. You might consider giving the MC some actual powers over time to figure out if you want to maintain the idea that you are playing a God. If not, you're more like the Wizard of Oz, just a person with some cool toys.

If you do give the MC some real powers, they could be loanable to the ladies as they do your work. Titles like Holy Paladin, Matron of War, High Priestess etc. then confer real power to the person wielding them. The ladies on normal mission status would still need to call for help like they currently do. The higher titled followers could get direct power intervention, which would show whomever they are working with that you mean business. Those followers should also lose devotion very slowly if at all. Wielding direct power means they know for a fact you are powerful; a crisis of faith would not really happen to them much.

You might also consider a benefit to the ladies from sexual encounters, kind of like a 'power up' or even a mana kind of stat for them to wield power for the higher ups and higher devotion for the more normal troops. I'm also assuming you are going to have a form of pregnancy process as well and that could confer other kinds of power and trials for the MC and the ladies.

You have a ton of options to explore, and your writing is nicely compact and clean. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Thank you for taking the time to accept feedback.

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
You're welcome, take the review with a grain of salt. Don't read too much negative into it, I had a hard time trying to describe and review it at the same time. It was very interesting to figure out how to play it, there are some twists to figure out but pretty straightforward most of the time.

Some additional thoughts:

Since you are using technology to give the MC their 'powers', they aren't really a God. You might consider giving the MC some actual powers over time to figure out if you want to maintain the idea that you are playing a God. If not, you're more like the Wizard of Oz, just a person with some cool toys.

If you do give the MC some real powers, they could be loanable to the ladies as they do your work. Titles like Holy Paladin, Matron of War, High Priestess etc. then confer real power to the person wielding them. The ladies on normal mission status would still need to call for help like they currently do. The higher titled followers could get direct power intervention, which would show whomever they are working with that you mean business. Those followers should also lose devotion very slowly if at all. Wielding direct power means they know for a fact you are powerful; a crisis of faith would not really happen to them much.

You might also consider a benefit to the ladies from sexual encounters, kind of like a 'power up' or even a mana kind of stat for them to wield power for the higher ups and higher devotion for the more normal troops. I'm also assuming you are going to have a form of pregnancy process as well and that could confer other kinds of power and trials for the MC and the ladies.

You have a ton of options to explore, and your writing is nicely compact and clean. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Thank you for taking the time to accept feedback.
Those are some fun ideas. I'll keep them in mind going forward. I'm glad you're having a good time with the game.

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.1 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public in the Standard (Free) Edition. It features a whole host of new updates, including personality types for followers, highly requested new accessibility features (Hello, Dark Mode!), a new recruitment origin that lets you rescue a woman on trial for witchcraft, as well as several balancing tweaks & misc updates to boot! So, dive in and check it out.

Download the game on Itch.

Read full changelog here: Changelog: 0.3.1 Sanctuary in Time - Sanctuary in Time by NovusOperandiGames (itch.io)

Above all else, have fun!
Max (Novus Operandi)

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
Hello Novus...

Thank you for the update, I noticed several changes made and all of them were definitely for the better. I do have a few suggestions for you that might smooth things out a bit and give you some more writing room (aka: descriptive writing opportunities!)

First, there is a bit of a 'public' element to the inspection concept based on the writing. If you think that is a part of it, then you should probably make a new stat of "Exhibitionist", but it can be a hidden stat randomly generated along with the characters. I would probably make it a -5 to 5 stat, with zero being neutral, negative more private seeking, positive more public seeking. Doing this would let you directly affect the writing during the inspections. The way it would go up or down would be HOW you conduct the inspections. If you ask them to redress, this is an indicator that you frown on them being nude in public and it would go down one. If you just 'end the inspection' with them nude, it sends the opposite intent and should increase it one. If they have a shy personality, half it for going up, and a seductive one, half it for going down.

Second, move the "Take to Private Quarters" DOWN one level to Deeply Trusting. That setup belongs there and makes more sense since it makes a clear change at each level from Very Trusting on up. At the 'Unquestioning' level (and mind you this word implies fanatic... ie. you can't take their devotion down from that level- EVER!) you provide at least a "Inspect Privately in Quarters" from the first button... they are already nude in front of everyone and doing the 'typical' first round is meaningless, a waste of 8 clicks. If you are using the exhibitionist stat I mentioned, you can also have a 'Inspect Intimately in Public' at a high level of exhibitionism, with all the normal sex options available but on the building's 'altar' with everyone around. This would SHOW your followers you intend for them to be sexual, you reward Unquestioning loyalty, and encourage them to be the one with you on the altar.

This way the player has a choice of what kind of god they want to be, showy or behind the scenes sort. This also links into what I mentioned before, if they get benefits from sex with their god, your descriptions can show that and even if alone, behind closed doors, it becomes obvious to the two of them in the room. In public, even more so, so devotion might increase just from witnessing it.

All in all, I don't think either of those suggestions would be that hard to implement, the first might impact saves so you'd have to either randomly create the stat from an older save that didn't have it, or just set it to zero if it doesn't exist. The other stuff is more of a writing burden but I think it would end up giving you more tools to make your descriptions even more unique going forward.

P.S. (additional thoughts) I don't think you should punish moving a worshipper from a combat or an intelligence spot to a non-combat (medic/caretaker) spot so much. You are currently subtracting 100% of whatever contribution they made. If they have a skill that adds 2 or more, at least let it continue to add 1 to the spot they are skilled in. It's not like they can't pick up a sword or use their intel skills in case of an attack just because they are assigned someplace else. They can still hop in with their skills if need be, but maybe later to the fray so they aren't full 'strength' or 'persuasion'.
P.P.S. You need to have a 'Chief Medic' slot, call it Holy Healer or something. This slot should add +1 Strength and +1 Persuasion if someone occupies it in a given building. This would mean someone is so skilled their very presence gives the combat and intel forces a willingness to be bolder and braver knowing that someone has their back. It also frees up the 'Medic' slot to be a more active position, like Knight Errant or Courtesan. Medics can go on mercy missions and be healers to worlds. They could also add +1 healing effect to any incursion/offense as a battlefield medic in case of injury, reducing injury levels. Yes, they take up an additional slot if you have both at the base room of 3, only 1 patient allowed, but that makes the player need to upgrade medical facilities which is a good strategy thing, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: NovusOperandi

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Hello Novus...

Thank you for the update, I noticed several changes made and all of them were definitely for the better. I do have a few suggestions for you that might smooth things out a bit and give you some more writing room (aka: descriptive writing opportunities!)

First, there is a bit of a 'public' element to the inspection concept based on the writing. If you think that is a part of it, then you should probably make a new stat of "Exhibitionist", but it can be a hidden stat randomly generated along with the characters. I would probably make it a -5 to 5 stat, with zero being neutral, negative more private seeking, positive more public seeking. Doing this would let you directly affect the writing during the inspections. The way it would go up or down would be HOW you conduct the inspections. If you ask them to redress, this is an indicator that you frown on them being nude in public and it would go down one. If you just 'end the inspection' with them nude, it sends the opposite intent and should increase it one. If they have a shy personality, half it for going up, and a seductive one, half it for going down.

Second, move the "Take to Private Quarters" DOWN one level to Deeply Trusting. That setup belongs there and makes more sense since it makes a clear change at each level from Very Trusting on up. At the 'Unquestioning' level (and mind you this word implies fanatic... ie. you can't take their devotion down from that level- EVER!) you provide at least a "Inspect Privately in Quarters" from the first button... they are already nude in front of everyone and doing the 'typical' first round is meaningless, a waste of 8 clicks. If you are using the exhibitionist stat I mentioned, you can also have a 'Inspect Intimately in Public' at a high level of exhibitionism, with all the normal sex options available but on the building's 'altar' with everyone around. This would SHOW your followers you intend for them to be sexual, you reward Unquestioning loyalty, and encourage them to be the one with you on the altar.

This way the player has a choice of what kind of god they want to be, showy or behind the scenes sort. This also links into what I mentioned before, if they get benefits from sex with their god, your descriptions can show that and even if alone, behind closed doors, it becomes obvious to the two of them in the room. In public, even more so, so devotion might increase just from witnessing it.

All in all, I don't think either of those suggestions would be that hard to implement, the first might impact saves so you'd have to either randomly create the stat from an older save that didn't have it, or just set it to zero if it doesn't exist. The other stuff is more of a writing burden but I think it would end up giving you more tools to make your descriptions even more unique going forward.

P.S. (additional thoughts) I don't think you should punish moving a worshipper from a combat or an intelligence spot to a non-combat (medic/caretaker) spot so much. You are currently subtracting 100% of whatever contribution they made. If they have a skill that adds 2 or more, at least let it continue to add 1 to the spot they are skilled in. It's not like they can't pick up a sword or use their intel skills in case of an attack just because they are assigned someplace else. They can still hop in with their skills if need be, but maybe later to the fray so they aren't full 'strength' or 'persuasion'.
P.P.S. You need to have a 'Chief Medic' slot, call it Holy Healer or something. This slot should add +1 Strength and +1 Persuasion if someone occupies it in a given building. This would mean someone is so skilled their very presence gives the combat and intel forces a willingness to be bolder and braver knowing that someone has their back. It also frees up the 'Medic' slot to be a more active position, like Knight Errant or Courtesan. Medics can go on mercy missions and be healers to worlds. They could also add +1 healing effect to any incursion/offense as a battlefield medic in case of injury, reducing injury levels. Yes, they take up an additional slot if you have both at the base room of 3, only 1 patient allowed, but that makes the player need to upgrade medical facilities which is a good strategy thing, right?
Thanks for checking out the new release! I'm glad you're enjoying the updates. Thank you also for the feedback & suggestions. Those are always very helpful & very much appreciated. You've got some great ideas in there. I'll keep them in mind going forward.

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.2 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public in the Standard (Free) Edition. It features a whole host of new updates, including opportunities for voyeurism, an overhaul to how orgasms work, significant refinements for follower inspections, as well as several balancing tweaks & misc updates to boot! So, dive in and check it out.

Read full changelog here: Changelog: 0.3.2 Sanctuary in Time - Sanctuary in Time by NovusOperandiGames (itch.io)

Max (Novus Operandi)

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
Novus, really nice work this time. Playability is very smooth now and the writing is even more engaging. I look forward to reading the passages and their depth and feeling is much more expanded on. Keep this up!

I also wanted to let you know that I really appreciated the shout out. It isn't necessary for you to do so though. I recognize the implementation of some of the suggestions I gave, but I gave them to not just help you but to, selfishly, help me enjoy the game even more! It's becoming a much easier game to play and enjoy. Your work is appreciated, and I look forward to the updates because I enjoy it. That's the best acknowledgement I could ever get is seeing an idea looked at, changed to fit your vision and implemented. As such, it's your game though and I'm happy to provide ideas but you shouldn't feel any pressure to implement them, they're just ideas and yours to use as you like.

The new 'voyeur' feature is really nice. The shower implementation allows for the player to not just look but also gives an opportunity to be intimate with a follower. That's a huge improvement as you can't always be locked into intimacy with just the inspection. Adding other opportunities would also help, when eating, join them and have a meal with them. When drowsing in bed, you should be able to knock on their door and ask to come in for a chat, nightcap (drink), or even to seduce them into being in their bed for a while. The implementation of the devotion increase is very well done here and seems to be working perfectly. More opportunities to engage with the ladies is a very desirable thing. You might consider other activities like, 'in training', 'instructing others', etc.

Thanks again for the update, I'll post more as I run across ideas or fixable stuff.

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Thanks for the feedback, To&Fro. I'm glad you're enjoying the update. I think the voyeurism opportunities are also one of my favorite new additions to the game. They've been playtesting really well.

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.2b of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public in the Standard (Free) Edition. It features a whole host of new accessibility updates, designed to enable text-to-speech functionality throughout the program and make the experience more enjoyable for our visually impaired fellow players. Plus, keyboard shortcuts! So, dive in, check it out, and let me know what you think.

Read full changelog here: Changelog: 0.3.2b Sanctuary in Time - Sanctuary in Time by NovusOperandiGames (itch.io)

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.3 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public in the Standard (Free) Edition. It features new side story events, a new weight-lifting activity for followers, updates to diet & exercise regimens, follower surveillance, personalities, accessibility & more! So, dive in, check it out, and let me know what you think.

Read full changelog here: Changelog: 0.3.3 Sanctuary in Time - Sanctuary in Time by NovusOperandiGames (itch.io)

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.4 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public in the Standard (Free) Edition. We've got tons of updates this month, which include extensive changes to how personalities affect both skills & duty assignments, a whole new "coaching" feature that allows the training of a follower past their natural inhibitions, newly recruitable historical figures, new Gene Lab options, and much more! So, dive in and check it out!

Read full changelog here: Changelog: 0.3.4 Sanctuary in Time - Sanctuary in Time by NovusOperandiGames (itch.io)

Max (Novus Operandi)

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
I am still playing through the latest update and while I haven't hit all the content yet, I'm mostly there. I do like the new coaching feature and the personality options, which make it less 'cookie cutter' in nature. Great job there Novus. I'm also liking the increasing events both going into end turn and coming into next turn. It's far more interesting and you have to think harder about your actions because you can end up not having resources available if you use them up before. It would be a good idea to add the option of going in 50% support of a follower that's in trouble in case you get a double event so you could send the other 50% to back up a second follower that gets into trouble. I'm not sure if that is possible at all, but it seems like it could be possible given how many followers you have out in the field at once.

I haven't had much work in the Gene Lab yet because all the genetics stuff is pretty expensive energy-wise to do. I think there needs to be R&D and/or discovery events that let you improve your tech base (beyond just the normal upgrades) so you can leap forward in your ability to create energy and rev up your followers.

Nice work (as usual) Novus. I'll keep you all posted on what I come across.

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.5 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public in the Standard (Free) Edition. Love is in the air at the citadel, and we've got major changes coming to the game because of it. We've got infatuation, romance, love, and yes, even marriage! And a whole host of new side story events to support them. Plus, bug fixes, balancing updates and more! So, dive in and check it out!

Read full changelog here: Changelog: 0.3.5 - Sanctuary in Time - Sanctuary in Time by NovusOperandiGames (itch.io)

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.6 of Sanctuary in Time is now available! We've got a bunch of cool new stuff for this update, including a new type of event (Boon event) w/ multiple variations, an overhaul to the visual interface of the game, refinements to the dating activity, and more.

This also marks the release of the Complete Edition of the game which can now be purchased from the Itch store page and contains all content previously reserved for the monthly Patron Editions. (A free demo version is also still available.) The Complete Edition is available for a one-time purchase and is currently 15% off for a limited time!

Read full changelog here.

Dive in & check it out!
Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.7 of Sanctuary in Time is now available! This is a smaller update, but a good one, with new options for managing relationships, coaching improvements, new cosmetics, and more.

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount!

Dive in & check it out!
Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.8 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to patrons! This is a nice, big update with new dismissal options, outposts to build, balancing changes, a barber shop and more! So, dive in and check it out!

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.8 of Sanctuary in Time is now available on the Itch storefront! This is a nice, big update with new dismissal options, outposts to build, balancing changes, a barber shop and more! So, dive in and check it out!

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount!

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.9 of Sanctuary in Time is now available on the Itch storefront! We've got a great update this month, with the biggest emphasis being on a complete overhaul of the tattoo system in the game. Plus, we've got some bug fixes, corrected typos, and assorted changes as well. So, dive in, check out the changelog and let me know what you think.

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 20% discount! We're celebrating the one-year anniversary since Sanctuary in Time was launched. My, how time flies, when you're forging dreams on the digital landscape.

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.0 of Sanctuary in Time is now available on the Itch storefront! We've got a BIG update this month with a lot of changes, most of which focus on improving sex scenes and adding more choices to them. But we've also got new, spicier outfits added to the game, an update to the cover art to make it look sexier, and a whole bunch of other miscellaneous stuff designed to heat things up a bit. So, dive in, check it out and let me know what you think.

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 20% discount!

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.2 of Sanctuary in Time is now available on the Itch storefront!

Things have been hectic lately with the release of my new book, Traveler's Rede, so we've got a smaller update this month, but one that still packs a punch. Upgrades to existing events, a few new side story events, a new coaching action, and an assortment of bug fixes & balancing updates as well. So, dig right in & let me know what you think.

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Sanctuary in Time is NOW AVAILABLE to purchase on Steam w/ all-new, quality-of-life updates! Plus, a limited-time 15% discount! It took quite a bit of work to make it happen, but I'm hoping the results speak for themselves. If you're so inclined, please head over and check it out. And remember, reviews are VERY MUCH appreciated. Thank you!

Steam Store Page

Exclusive benefits of the Steam release:
  • Cloud back up of save files.
  • Automatic game installation via the Steam client.
  • Automatic, smart updating of game files from one version to the next. (Which can also result in smaller download sizes for updates.)
  • Automatic migration of save & settings files from Free Edition (demo) to Complete Edition.

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.3 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public! We've got some exciting changes for this release, including the chance to save family members from the clutches of cruel slavers (and then romance them), new cosmetic updates, balancing changes, bug fixes and more!

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount (on Itch & Steam)!
Read the full changelog on Itch, Steam, or Patreon.

So, dive in, check it out, and let me know what you think. But remember...

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.4 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public! We've got some big changes in this release, including a complete overhaul of the undressing system used in the game (yes, it's item-by-item now), more control over when dating happens, more individual sex responses, balancing changes, bug fixes and more!

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount on Itch!
Read the full changelog on Itch, Steam, or Patreon.

Max (Novus Operandi)

NovusOperandi

Sep 26, 2022
US
www.patreon.com
Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.4.5 of Sanctuary in Time is now available to the public! We've got some cool changes for this release, including two new outpost types to unlock (w/ game-changing mechanics and brand-new Templar and Cleric assignments), plus changes to how and when outposts in general are revealed to the player; significant changes to Strength & Persuasion stats, game interface improvements, and more!

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount on Itch & Steam!
Read the full changelog on Itchio, Steam, or Patreon.

Max (Novus Operandi)