Revival questions.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
There's some stuff for Adrian planned/in the works, but it'll be a while still. Current content is focused on expanding the farm. Nothing for TFs or hair atm.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Are there guidelines for writing our own stuff and submitting? I have no plans currently, but I might... and more relevant, others may be interested

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Are there guidelines for writing our own stuff and submitting? I have no plans currently, but I might... and more relevant, others may be interested

I haven't had time to write an updated parser doc/contributors' guide.

For now, if you are interested, contact me directly through PM (preferrably before starting to write). I probably won't have time to review things at the same rate I used to before.

Reactions: Raindrops

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Ok, I’m trying to get a 16” horse cock on my character and cantaloupe sized balls, though the measurements of the balls seem weird, maybe it’s because I’m used to how coc, coc2, and tits do it, but my question is, is there a easier way to revert the horse tfs like ears, face, etc. back to human?

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Ok, I’m trying to get a 16” horse cock on my character and cantaloupe sized balls, though the measurements of the balls seem weird, maybe it’s because I’m used to how coc, coc2, and tits do it, but my question is, is there a easier way to revert the horse tfs like ears, face, etc. back to human?

Jeanne can teach/brew Homos, which is the "human" TF.

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

Omnibomb

Aug 14, 2016
I am very much looking forward to this getting more work, especially with the classes, I LOVE JOB SYSTEMS

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
Old saves should work fine; do report if something is not loaded correctly though.
Speaking of reporting.
I just did SVN checkout to update the game, and running foe.html just gives a black screen on both firefox and chrome

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Speaking of reporting.
I just did SVN checkout to update the game, and running foe.html just gives a black screen on both firefox and chrome
Due to the restructuring of the game code, FoE needs to be built now before it can be played if you are checking the code out from git. To do this, you need node.js installed and some kind of terminal. Instructions are in the Readme file. If this is too much hassle, I'd suggest sticking to the release builds.

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
Due to the restructuring of the game code, FoE needs to be built now before it can be played if you are checking the code out from git. To do this, you need node.js installed and some kind of terminal. Instructions are in the Readme file. If this is too much hassle, I'd suggest sticking to the release builds.
Ah thank you. I missed that change being made.

I noticed there is a sticky for android builds in this forum, but not one for PC builds. Where is the best official source for builds?

Or should I use this?
https://github.com/AlderArts/foe/releases
edit: nope, that is just source code not builds

Shardperson

Jun 24, 2020
Would it be ok to grab the source code from github and use the framework of the game (UI, savefile system, scripts, all that) to make a new game, not using any of the content in FoE? I'm interested in making a game of this kind but my experience with programming is limited and i don't have the energy to learn enough to make a similar framework, and game engines like Quest just don't cut it for a game like FoE/CoC

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Would it be ok to grab the source code from github and use the framework of the game (UI, savefile system, scripts, all that) to make a new game, not using any of the content in FoE? I'm interested in making a game of this kind but my experience with programming is limited and i don't have the energy to learn enough to make a similar framework, and game engines like Quest just don't cut it for a game like FoE/CoC
I don't have an issue with it. There might be some difficulty separating the "engine" from the content, however. FoE isn't really a clearcut framework, and the rendering code is pretty messy. In the end you might need to build something of your own anyways, but grabbing some snippets here and there is fine. Please do not use any of the written content in anything you plan on releasing.