Revival questions.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
Hello I have a few questions about the come back of this game: One. Are any writers who previously worked on the game (and are still around) confirmed to be making any sort of new content for it even if minor?
Two.Which npc are you most excited to expand upon?
That's all my questions. I have not played the game in some time and I wish you luck with it's rebirth.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
First welcome back, please feel no pressure and enjoy.

You mention a lot of under the hood changes, will old saves still work [ I've a lvl 203 on an old memory stick somewhere]?

And just so you know when I discovered you were thinking of returning I had a little Desk Disco [people were watching]:rolleyes:

Regardless

Jul 20, 2018
I've not as yet spoken with any of the old writers (besides Observer,
This is actually the point I'm most interested in. What are the chances now that Obs is working on CoC2 that what he had already written for Cveta will make it in? Will she end up removed or a dead end? She was/ is my favourite of the tbc in the game tbh. Not to insult any of the other current or planned content.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
You mention a lot of under the hood changes, will old saves still work [ I've a lvl 203 on an old memory stick somewhere]?

Old saves should work fine; do report if something is not loaded correctly though.

What are the chances now that Obs is working on CoC2 that what he had already written for Cveta will make it in?

I'll talk to him. I'd be glad to have more content from him. I won't remove any of what's already in there.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I will be releasing it here on Fenoxo.com, there will be another blog post and the game will return to the Play page.

Well that's good. I'll probably restart it as it's been so long since I've played it, even with a saved file.

SnowVilliers

Dec 31, 2015
I'll talk to him. I'd be glad to have more content from him. I won't remove any of what's already in there.

Do let me know how that goes. I hope the verdict is yes, I might be too sad to interact with Cveta anymore otherwise. She's one of my favorite characters, I'd hate to see all that content he already wrote for her go to waste. Same with Moira, she seemed pretty cool too.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
I have far too much to deal with and it is almost certain Cveta will never be continued.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Even though the content is already written?
1. The content was intended for Act 2, which will be some time off yet and it is likely essential storydetails have changed; furthermore, with the loose ends presented which will never be wrapped up, it would only make things worse.

2.Much of the content involved has been broken down and retooled for use elsewhere. I am not a person to waste writing.

SnowVilliers

Dec 31, 2015
1. The content was intended for Act 2, which will be some time off yet and it is likely essential storydetails have changed; furthermore, with the loose ends presented which will never be wrapped up, it would only make things worse.

2.Much of the content involved has been broken down and retooled for use elsewhere. I am not a person to waste writing.

I see, is the same true for Moira as well?

sluncuts

Oct 14, 2016
First of all welcome back Alder, we missed you. I was wondering if the bruiser class would get a nerf because it is OP as hell, or if you plan to implement more enemies with higher physical resistances, or make other classes up to par with bruiser? I do remember there being a warlock and elementalist class (and I think there might have been an alchemist class at some point or I might be full of shit) do you plan on reimpleinting them in the future?

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I have just dug out an old save and copied my jobs see below
alchemy is an ability not a job

Available jobs:
Fighter (MASTER)
Scholar (MASTER)
Courtesan: level 7 (exp 535/640)
Bruiser (MASTER)
Rogue: level 7 (exp 786/1280)
Ranger: level 7 (exp 671/1280)
Mage: level 7 (exp 235/1280)
Mystic: level 7 (exp 502/1280)
Healer: level 7 (exp 503/1280)
Elementalist: level 4 (exp 90/320)
Warlock: level 4 (exp 190/320)
Hypnotist: level 7 (exp 589/2560)

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

sluncuts

Oct 14, 2016
In one of the older versions there was a goat alchemist that had that class. Whether it was playable or not I cannot remember.

Edit: It was unique to the goat alchemist but it was still a pretty cool class. An artificer/tinker class would be a cool class too

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
You gonna look at more writers to help out, given the loss of others?

Zach Crimson

Aug 10, 2019
Eventually, yes.
i have always liked ur game and being able to use that chest in debug mode to get all the transformative potions was fun since gave me the ability to customize my character even more after the base character creation. one thing though, i would love to see something done with character creation involving special names like in CoC cause it's a concept i've never seen in a game before playing CoC and i think it's a fucking awesome idea since it's a unique idea.

Bre Karn

Aug 31, 2015
I won't remove any of what's already in there.
I'm glad. I wasn't a huge fan of Birb, but cutting content is always a bit meh in my book. I still remember the, I think, otter girl that was a cool encounter but was cut off at some point?

SnowVilliers

Dec 31, 2015
I'm glad. I wasn't a huge fan of Birb, but cutting content is always a bit meh in my book. I still remember the, I think, otter girl that was a cool encounter but was cut off at some point?

I thought so at first too, but then I started thinking about how a good chunk of her current content hints at further interactions and expansions, and said expansions are officially dead in the water, I wouldn't be totally averse to not having to be reminded of what could have been.

I believe you're thinking of the ferret girl mercenary that got cut a long time ago, back when the game was still active. There was an otter girl companion planned, Mayflower, but depending on who was writing her she may be dead in the water too.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, with Cveta I feel we have seen the extent of her content. The most useful aspect of her character is she gives access to the Bull Tower quest.

Going to admit though, I do hope that the original plan of having her teach the singer and bard jobs still happens, as the more jobs the PC gets the better.

Also, will Layla ever get a 'release' option, like the other characters?

SnowVilliers

Dec 31, 2015
Yeah, with Cveta I feel we have seen the extent of her content. The most useful aspect of her character is she gives access to the Bull Tower quest.

Going to admit though, I do hope that the original plan of having her teach the singer and bard jobs still happens, as the more jobs the PC gets the better.

Also, will Layla ever get a 'release' option, like the other characters?

If teaching those jobs was part of Cveta's Act 2 content, that's gonna be a hard no. As for your second question, again it depends on who wrote her, can't remember right now. If it was Alder, yes. Anyone else, no.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
The authors of the respective projects were:

Cveta: The Observer

Kyna (ferret merc): Reaper

Mayflower (never in), Layla: LukaDoc and QuietBrowser