Return to Mareth (In Game)

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
Mia takes a small bag off her back, looking through the contents. "I've got two lots of dungeon rations, a couple of healing potions, some antitoxin and poultices and herbs." She pats the hilt of her longsword, still in its sheath. "And of course, brisingr my sword." 

[by the way is two sets of dungeon rations 10 uses?]

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Brisingr? That is a very noble name. It sounds like a blade with history. Forgive me for prying but you have my curiousity now."

[Yea, each set is 5 uses]

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
She pulls the sword out of its sheath with one practiced motion, she holds it out in front of her, checking the balance of the sword. The hilt is completely black, save for a strange emblem on the uppermost part level with the cross guard, a strap of well worn black leather wraps around the handle, the blade itself is the strangest thing, a strange gold coloured metal that seems to emanate power. "Well the legend says that it was forged in the fires of a dragon well before this country even existed, it has been wielded by many heroes over the ages."

She slides it back into the sheath with a quick motion. "Or so the story goes, all i know is that it's a fine blade and has never let me down. When i rose high enough in the ranks it was given to me as a gift for my service, it only lets those it deems worth wield it so I guess that makes me lucky." Talking about her sword seems to have improved her mood, she even manages a smile at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I think luck has nothing to do with it...more like skill and prowess. If the stories are true then it speaks well of your skills to wield such a blade."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Sounds like an odd name. Hard to pronounce, too." Elliana peeks over at the sword's hilt, ever curious.

[Posted at the wrong time, it seems]

"Perhaps it is a good thing to have someone who likes their enemies up close."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Well, this has been lovely meeting you all, but I am ready to retire for the night. If i might ask for directions to a room my lord."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Right... rooms..." Elliana shakes her head. "I assume it is possible for us to have individual rooms, or would we have to share one or two?"

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I certainly do not mind sharing a room if needed." She smiles warmly at the others.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I don't think I would mind sharing, either... maybe not with a man, though." She looks over at the sole male member of the group. "No offense." She turns back to Castella. "Perhaps we could share if it is necesarry, Castella. If the others don't protest."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Of course Elliana, it would be nice to get to know you a bit better. Maybe a little one on one talk would help with that?" She chuckles happily, obviously happy to have someone pick her out so quickly.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
With dinner and the briefing well finished, Duke Theodore bid the group goodnight, and they were led to their rooms. The night passed peacefully, and by morning the preparations had been made for their departure. The journey to Ingnam was blissfully uneventful, though s they drew closed to their destination, a feeling of unease seemed to fill the woods. Signs of animal life grew fewer by the day, and the ones they encountered seemed more skittish that usual.

On the forth day of their travels, they finally crested a hill and found themselves looking down on the small town of Ingnam. 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Elliana speaks up as they ride towards the town. "The woods around us are restless, doubtlessly from the kidnappings. Even the animals were afraid." She shudders, before shaking her head, trying to clear it. "I've never been to this part of the fief, anyone know anything about the town?"

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
she shakes her head. "No, I am afraid not. But this place feels wrong. As you said the animals are restless and there is a tense feeling all around us. We should make haste to the town. Hopefully they can fill us in more.

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"I came here once before, but it wasn't for long. My unit once came here to pick up some supplies but even for the brief time I spent here, It looked so much more vibrant than this." She rests a hand on the hilt of her sword, wary of just how quiet it is.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"Come on then" he said dusting off his white and red-trimmed robes, "search the area for any trails of clues."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She nods and gets her horse moving forward. She keeps her guard up and looks around for any clues or oddities while heading toward the town of ingnam. "I doubt whoever is doing this will target us right this instant. There are four of us and details point to them snatching lone wanderers."

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
Mia tugs the reigns gently, moving her horse forward slowly with one hand still on the hilt of brisingr, she is constantly looking around for danger. "If you want my opinion, this isn't a case of who, it's a case of what. Common bandits and slavers aren't this clinical. There has to be a far more sinister force at work here than simple kidnappings by bandits and slave traders."

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"Should we set up a temporary camp near the outskirts?"he suggests, "Then we could go in pairs to cover more ground if needed."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"No, I don't think a camp would be a good idea. Then they just wait for us to settle down and launch an attack...or whatever it is they do. We should stay mobile, but I agree that splitting into two groups would help us search faster. Mia, would you like to accompany me?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Let us just hope whatever's in the air doesn't spook the horses. Would prefer not to be thrown off in a panic."

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"Robin, the person that does magical things" he said in a smug grin.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"nahhhh...probably not...so where do you think is a good place to look? I would say the houses around the perimeter first but that's just me being thorough..."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Just don't break into anyone's homes..." She sighs. [Also, I won't be able to post for the next 3 hours or so]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[Everyone give me a discern realities roll to learn about the area as you all search the outskirts of town. It's 2d6+wis mod]