Return to Mareth (In Game)

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"Well that isn't ominous at all." She says in a sarcastic tone. Mia stands up and stretches, ready to go. "So, when do we leave?" She certainly doesn't seem happy to be here.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"when we know the actual directions to Ingnam, Mia, or would you like to leave without that information?"

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"I've been around that area more than a few times." She rests against a wall. "But sure i'd like any more information we can get."

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Here you are, Madam," said the chamberlain, Handing Mia a pair of rolled up scrolls, before scurrying back to his lords side. In response to her questioning stare, he continued, "This is all the information we have on the town of Ingnam, as well as a list of all those reported missing."

As Mia scanned the papers she had been handed, she found that the list of missing persons was indeed made up almost entirely of lone hunters, couriers, and the odd merchant. A shiver ran down her spine when she realized that some of them were people she had met before.

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"A list of people.... people who've gone missing around there." She says in a sad voice, she hadn't known any of these people very well besides just seeing them but the massive loss of life around there is staggering. "We have to go as soon as possible, before more are hurt." She passes the scrolls to the ranger.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"Right then, mind if we grab a ration or two, kind chamberlain?" He says in a subtle voice.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Yes, of course, you will be provided with provisions for the journey, and horses will be readied for you, but..."

"Are you certain you want to leave tonight?" Theodore cuts the chamberlain off. "It's pouring outside and the sun has already begun to set. I can provide you with rooms for the night if you prefer. You can get a full nights rest and a fresh start in the morning. After all, even under the best conditions, it's a four day ride from here to Ingnam." 

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"Very well, but we should leave as soon as possible." The disgruntled knight turns to the lord. "So, where are these rooms then?"

[Perhaps we can pause it here, give floozer a chance to post]

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"As much as I like the rain and darkness of night... you are probably right, my Lord. We wouldn't make much headway at this time, and if you be gracious enough to provide for us, I see no reason to not take you on your offer." She nods respectfully.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[This is where we'll pause for the time being. Once Floozer has had a chance to post again, we'll work on advancing to the next scene.]

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Cassy has been taking in all this information in silence. The pentagram made an her frown with uncharacteristic anger in her eyes. The list of people who have gone missing being simple lone travelers and hunters certainly didn't help her mood. But facts were facts, the rain was coming down hard and she leaving now would not be wise. "I am afraid I must agree, to leave in the rain would only put us and the horses and greater risk should the terrain become uneven. Though we should leave at first light."

[Sorry guys, you all picked up when I went to bed!]

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
A puzzled look crosses Derek's face "Whats with the "I'm gonna kill this drawing" face, Cassy? it didn't touch you, did it?

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Not the drawing it'self but the meaning behind it. A pentagram is a demonic sign and I will not abide by demons. They are foul, evil and cunning creatures who prey on mortals. They will use honeyed words to fool you into accepting their deals...then they steal your immortal soul, making you their slave for all eternity! The moon will not tolerate their taint...and neither will I."

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"An expression is a fickle tool, remember to not use it so obviously when we enter uncharted land, anything can trigger anyone."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Oh I am well aware of that. But we are not in uncharted lands right now, so make angry faces I shall." her tone has returned to her motherly default. 

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"Oh how I love it when skits work."

"So, what's our equipment?" Derek said,revealing and spreading his Disposable items for inspection. Spell Tomes, 3 healing potions, and 3 antitoxins.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She casually places a simple steel mace on the table next to a kite shield. Next is a large bag stuffed to the gills with rations and various traveling supplies. "I like to be prepared. I am also wearing a chainmail shirt under my robe. As for the most important piece." She reaches for the medallion hanging from her neck. One side is made of silver and designed to look like the moon, she then rotates it to show the other side made of gold and designed like the sun. "My celestial amulet, never go anywhere without it."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Elliana leaves for a brief moment and comes back with a well-kept bow and a few bundles of arrows, along with a spear and some general Adventurer's gear. "This is what I got, aside from the clothes off my back, but I don't feel I need to lay those on the table, right now." She gives a little chuckle at that. "Is there something special about the amulet, Castella? You know, like an enchantmant, or something. Or is it just a personal trinket?"

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Oh yes! It is very special! This amulet allows me to commune with the moon goddess! Without it I would not be able to receive her blessings. Every night I pray to her with this amulet clasped tightly between my hands. Without it...well, I would feel very naked!"

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"Best not to keep wearing it as you are now,"Derek said,"something so valuable shouldn't be so visible."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"To hide it would be an insult! If someone wants to take it from me I will not simply let them!" She sighs heavily while looking at her beloved amulet. "Then again, I would hate to attract the attention of thieves. I suppose I could put it under my robe."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
She crosses her arms. "Something tells me robbing people of faith is seen as a mark of disgrace, but perhaps you have personal experience on the subject, Mister?"

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"All just speculation friend, simple opinions, take them as you wish."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She chucks and waves her hand dismissively. "I thank you for the defense, but he has a point. The celestial faith is not wide spread, so to many this would just be an expensive amulet made of gold and silver. I imagine it would sell rather well in most places. Best not to tempt thieves of an unknown land yes?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Perhaps you will have time to proselytise, should our task be simpler than I suspect." She gives the kindly lady a smile. "I sure haven't seen any of your kind around my home town, nor heard of any."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I am not surprised. the celestial faith is an old belief. Most have forgotten it by now. I think it was only my little village and maybe two others that had any faithful. That is fine though, the value is in the faith itself, not how well known you are. Do you hold faith in anything?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Perhaps to nature itself, but it's less about prayers, and more about respect. We live off the land, so we ought to take care of it, and be thankful for it's bounty. If not, we may exhaust it's resources and face drought or famine." She ponders for a moment. "But I don't know if there's any god or goddess involved in that."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I am not sure. I give thanks to the sun for providing the light of life that every living thing needs to live. As for natures itself, I am unaware of its power. Maybe there is a great nature god or goddess, who am I to say? But the sun and the moon, that is a power I can see and feel every day and night."