[Ren'py]Pact with a Witch [BXG? 18+][ENG/SPA][DEMO AVAIBLE]

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

v00.03.05:
. Continuation of the Story of the 4th day.

. Bad endings masturbating Didac are also avaible.

. ADVISE: The game advance slow on FREE version, you can wait to the next month if you want enjoy better the walkthrought. Your choice.

Download it on GAMEJOLT or ITCH.IO. (If one doesn´t work, prove the other one).

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

v00.03.06:
. All scenes with Didac are avaible, except "forced scene".
. ADVISE: The game advance slow on FREE version, you can wait to the next month if you want enjoy better the walkthrought. Your choice.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Gave the free version a poke, I think this is a good story with fair art, though with some grammar errors and some of the jokes/idioms not really working due to the translation. Since I think it has a lot of potential, I have a couple quick thoughts. First it's usually a bad idea to have choices that are just choosing if you want a game over or not. Especially when it's basically the same choice again and again. It isn't really a choice at that point and it often would be better to not present a choice at all than have the only other option be game over. Secondly, try to avoid having large chunks of content behind making choices that have no obvious connection to them. For example, hiding the third girl's date behind pissing off Didac enough that you don't go clothes shopping with him. Players who're looking for that content have no idea what choice would lead to it or how they get there. They either stumble into it by chance or are forced to look up a guide.

PS: Just because I happened to remember it, when the two are calling one another 'lord' and 'lady', the words you probably want for English are 'prince' and 'princess'. Lord and lady are almost always used respectfully and never sarcastically. Prince and princess are almost always used sarcastically or as an endearing term.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com
Hello TheDarkMaster,

I´m glad you spend your time to play the game and give your opinion about it.

1. With the first problem, I´m clompletely agree, I also hate those fake decisions on games where if you chosen anything else, at the end the result would be the same. Here I use points wich helps not everything goes to nowhere land, but also I would like to add new walkthroughts and more different reactions. (Something I´m doing in more advanced game), But before get back and add those lines of time, first I would like to more or less end the basic "storyline". My art-animation process is slow, and before make game more complicated, I think would be wise to first develop the main story further.

I don´t know if later I will have the will and the same desire I have now to progress on new walkthroughts or do another new game... but I like to think I will be this project for long-term. ^^

2. "Players who're looking for that content have no idea what choice would lead to it or how they get there. They either stumble into it by chance or are forced to look up a guide." Indeed that´s something I like from games. In my case there will not be "guide", but the "gallery". You´ll see unlocked images, where that indicate there are things you didn´t see or played. That girl is like "the mystery girl". I enjoy in the game there are ways, walkthroughts or hidden characters. Also is a pity most of gamers probably will not play all these things... but there are few that will enjoy unlocking every single mystery in the game... and I must admit I´m one of those... so I´m trying to do a game I would enjoy playing... even if it´s probably not worthing the effort in big public... ^^

"PS: Just because I happened to remember it, when the two are calling one another 'lord' and 'lady', the words you probably want for English are 'prince' and 'princess'. Lord and lady are almost always used respectfully and never sarcastically. Prince and princess are almost always used sarcastically or as an endearing term."

... That´s complicated... in theory is Neus who starts this kind of "game" calling him "Lancelot". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancelot ... So calling him princess, would not be correct... I don´t know if "Lord" is well used here... ^^ I´m not so good in english...

Thanks for your comment! ;)

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Having choices that lead to similar results is generally fine, what I found annoying was the choices to go to the hospital. The game asks you at least four times if you want to do that, all of which are instant game overs. So you're asking the player, "Would you like a game over?" "Are you sure?" "Are you absolutely sure?" "You know, you can still get that game over if you want." Once the player has decided to not go to the hospital, it's annoying having that choice being offered again and again and feels like you're being forced into a specific path.

Better choices are stuff like fingering the vagina or ass thing. You get similar scenes, but the characters make different comments depending on what's happening. Later scenes having different call backs depending on previous choices ("You're doing a really bad job at trying to stop me getting pregnant.") are good ways to give choices without making the game much bigger. Then you only get annoyed when you have something specific in mind you want to do, but that option does not exist. For example, I was looking for the option where you don't finger Didac, but also don't stop him from touching the player in the change room. That choice doesn't exist, but that's an author limitation. You simply don't have the time or ability to write absolutely every possible option in the game.

I think you misunderstood me about prince and princess? Perhaps better nicknames would be, "knight" for the player and "princess" for Neus. Lancelot was a knight and the player is the 'knight in shinning armor' who came to rescue the 'princess' at the start of the game. That's the cliche (overdone story) in English.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the English honorific for a knight is 'Sir'. So 'Sir Lancelot'.

Last edited:

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com
Hellow The DarkMaster.

Indeed, the choice to go to Hospital is asked several times just to show the player there´s a risk going there. In fac it´s asked 2 times, one before the shower and other after the shower, one time more in every part to show the player the risk to go there.

"It´s annoying having that choice being offered again and again and feels like you´re being forced into a specific path." I must admit that probably the second time was not really necessary, but for the story I found Didac could be still intrigued to go to the hospital for the circunstances, so sometimes I give more importance the "story" itself than the "gameplay"... probably my mistake.

"but also don't stop him from touching the player in the change room. That choice doesn't exist, but that's an author limitation. You simply don't have the time or ability to write absolutely every possible option in the game."

I must admit I didn´t thought about that possibility... also I must admit, that time is running up and I´m focusing myself more on the main storyline right now and leaving open paths for further future where I could get back and work on those timelines with better circumstances, I´m already called slow developer (since I draw every single detail, and then I program it, and keep rewriting the story... ^^).

I hope in future I will still have the will to keep expanding the universe of possibilities, I like that kind of games and I´m trying to do a game I would love to play. ^^

"I think you misunderstood me about prince and princess? Perhaps better nicknames would be, "knight" for the player and "princess" for Neus. Lancelot was a knight and the player is the 'knight in shinning armor' who came to rescue the 'princess' at the start of the game. That's the cliche (overdone story) in English."

EDIT: Oh yeah, the English honorific for a knight is 'Sir'. So 'Sir Lancelot'.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, my english level is not so high afterall... specially with "honorific English spelling" ^^

Miscellaneous Forum Viewer

Apr 6, 2016
It's been a lil while since I last played but it's good to see that you're still at it. I think it's a good idea to focus on the main storyline until ya get to the end and then go back and add alternate paths or side stories in later updates, it'll let your audience know you can deliver and then you'll be bringin'em back with the additional replay value. Although, I'd caution ya not to do it like the mainstream where it's "paid DLC" since the consumer base has different expectations and much lower tolerance for it. Not that you were going to, just my thoughts on going down that path if it crosses your mind.

Again, gotta say I'm a fan of your work so far and you're currently an excellent example of the potential in this art form. So just remember that when times get tough and don't get discouraged.

Reactions: jonnymelabo

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com
It's been a lil while since I last played but it's good to see that you're still at it. I think it's a good idea to focus on the main storyline until ya get to the end and then go back and add alternate paths or side stories in later updates, it'll let your audience know you can deliver and then you'll be bringin'em back with the additional replay value. Although, I'd caution ya not to do it like the mainstream where it's "paid DLC" since the consumer base has different expectations and much lower tolerance for it. Not that you were going to, just my thoughts on going down that path if it crosses your mind.

Again, gotta say I'm a fan of your work so far and you're currently an excellent example of the potential in this art form. So just remember that when times get tough and don't get discouraged.

Game will always be free... just Patrons will have earlier access to the game. ^^

and about that, is something I will ask them.. if they prefer I add different playthroughts to the game, complete more the game itself, or start a new whole new game. (Thing I will do sooner or later, but it can be later if Patrons want more ways in Pact in a Witch).

So... since Patreon is going pretty well, posibilities are there. Thanks for your comment! ;)

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

v00.03.07:
. You can continue seeing the "forced scene".

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

v0.3.8:

. You can see what happens if you don´t grab hard his/her mouth (in forced scene).

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

NEW PUBLIC UPDATE: v00.03.09:
. You can cum outside Didac (in forced scene).

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Huh, ANOTHER small update? I appreciate you keeping people up to date with what you're doing, but honestly it's rather frustrating constantly downloading a new version every week or two just for a single new scene (that you may not be on route for). I'd space the releases out more to get more new content into each one, make them more meaningful. Maybe one a month.

Incidentally, I'd been wondering for a while about how unfair Neus was being to Didac, turning him into a woman and then making him a nymphomaniac- but then it hit me and I realised I was looking at it the wrong way. A smart person once said "A nymphomaniac is a woman as obsessed with sex as the average man", and I realised that Neus didn't mess with Didac's head in any way except giving him a female mindset to match his body- he (or rather she) is simply as horny for men as he used to be horny for women, and the reason she's so forward with you is that nothing's changed about YOU, so she feels there's nothing unnatural about her lusting for you (presumably if you'd been a woman all along he would have been as eager to nail you then too, "childhood friends" be damned). Clever. Very clever. Nice way of exposing the double standard between male and female sexuality.

At least I HOPE that was the intention. I'd hate to be putting more thought into this than the game's own creator.

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com
"Huh, ANOTHER small update? I appreciate you keeping people up to date with what you're doing, but honestly it's rather frustrating constantly downloading a new version every week or two just for a single new scene (that you may not be on route for). I'd space the releases out more to get more new content into each one, make them more meaningful. Maybe one a month."

Yeah, all are little updates. Is made this way. If somebody wants a major update they only have to wait one month and not just one week. ^^

"he (or rather she) is simply as horny for men as he used to be horny for women, and the reason she's so forward with you is that nothing's changed about YOU, so she feels there's nothing unnatural about her lusting for you (presumably if you'd been a woman all along he would have been as eager to nail you then too, "

I´m sorry, but that´s wrong in my opinion.. I met really horny girls, even more than average men... And I´m sure most of men who could be turned to a woman, never ever would try to fuck his best friend in any way... So no... There´s something else with Didac. ^^

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

NEW PUBLIC UPDATE: v00.04.00:
. You can inseminate Dídac (in forced scene). All scenes with Didac are done, Next one starts Neus 2ndDate.

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

NEW PUBLIC UPDATE: v00.04.01:
. Start the 2nd Date with Neus.
. By my mistake this version has several scenes painted, they will not be in color in next updates, but in this one... yes. (Like Neus).

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

NEW PUBLIC UPDATE: v00.04.02:
. Vegan Speech in 2nd date with Neus.

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

NEW PUBLIC UPDATE: v00.04.03:
. Start of interrogation of Neus in 2nd Date.

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

New Public Version: 0.4.4

Advise: Neus here is in color because in recent updates has color, but in this version is still in black and white... I don´t have the black and white anymore... but that is the scene. :p

Changelog 0.4.4:
. End of interrogation with Neus in 2nd Date.

Click here to download it in GAMEJOLT or ITCH.IO.

jonnymelabo

Sep 21, 2016
Barcelona
www.patreon.com

Click here to download the last Public version on GAMEJOLT or ITCH.IO
---
I NEED HELP ON TRANSLATING THE NEW DATE WITH BUTSY MYSTERY GIRL.

I finished WRITING the first date with the butsy mystery girl, Now I will go illustrate the second option on the outside option in the final part of the second date with neus.
The thing is, all my translators are now busy and it would be really intresting to have a more or less nice translation for the next update, so that mean I should have it translated over Wednesday or at most on Thursday...

It´s over 3.000 words (I don´t exactly know how much, but there are quite a lot), and not an easy conversation...
If you know something about renpy or have any experience about translating a renpy game, that would help!

It doesn´t have to be a perfect english, just understandable, since I still have to illustrate it and many things probably will be changed, and after all this is done, I can always pay a professional profreader...

So now I´m asking for someone who can do something fast and readable...

I can offer the 10$ version 0.5.8 of the next Friday and 100$ throught Paypal after sending the file and seing everything is fine.

I know I´m asking too much and I´m ofering probably bullshit... ^^

But if there´ s anyone interested, please, send me an e-mail here: johandarkweb@gmail.com

If you know any one who can be interested, let him/her know!

Thanks!! ;)
----
New FREE version 0.4.5
Changelog 0.4.5:
. End of Dinner with Neus in 2nd Date.
Click here to download on GAMEJOLT or ITCH.IO