PLAN B

BadDragoon

Apr 19, 2021
The direction you went with Berwyn's transformation is as good as it get imo. I was sceptical of the idea to change a character's established identity at first but I like how it doesn't feel forced with the way you frame his reconstruction to be from Berwyns POV to make the choices that the player takes seem like Berwyn's own. If I understand correctly though, Berwyn can still identify himself as masculine even if you were to give him a pussy and/or tits right?

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Oookay, now I understand the size of a Kobold queen.

Crikey, Kobold mama is Gigantic.

Lyric growing that much would indeed be a ... problem. Poor champion wouldn't even be able to satisfy her anymore...

Certainly wouldn't fit in the backpack anymore. Worldn't even fit in the inn/tavern.

I'm also amazed that the demons didn't make into that cave. She'd be a sitting duck.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
I think the whole Build-a-Berry approach seems well-balanced and I appreciate that Berry will still have his agency no matter what choices he may make. (If there's one thing that I don't feel comfortable with, it's forced transformations.) When the time comes, I think I'll pretty much keep him as he is but make his penis more proportionate to his body. Also, I'll be keeping him as a him because there are few enough sexable guys in the game as it is (even less so sexable male companions). Overall, I think that B has done great work and I cannot wait until Berry Quest is in the game!

Lone Wolf115

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I know I've said it before but some scenes, interactions and NPCs don't take into account the height of the champion. Obviously it's only a small amount but the scenes with Lyric is 0retty funny as my champ is basically the same height.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Will be even funnier if we get that alchemy feature for making Lyric taller...

A 4ft champion say... carrying a 6ft Lyric inside his backpack... that's silly mode grade stuff

LonelyHydra

Apr 26, 2020
1) He was originally full fur, right? Is he/she going to keep being half fur?

2) Would this scene be repeatable if the player wants something different? The name is great stuff, that can be permanent, but can he/she change anything else later?

Lone Wolf115

2) Would this scene be repeatable if the player wants something different? The name is great stuff, that can be permanent, but can he/she change anything else later?
He/she is a half Lupine.
Idk.

BadDragoon

Apr 19, 2021
I'll be keeping him as a him because there are few enough sexable guys in the game as it is (even less so sexable male companions).
Thats so true, among the male companions there are so little to choose from. Brint is nice but he's not really my type and with the fact that he has to be replaced to have best girl Brienne in my party means -1 option for male companion. Quin is physically appealing to me but I don't like his personality so he rarely gets picked, which leaves Berwyn as the only male companion that I'd like to have in my party although it comes with the downside that he get outclassed by other magic users. I think we should maybe have the option to turn Ryn into a femboy to balance it out a bit.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I think we should maybe have the option to turn Ryn into a femboy to balance it out a bit.
Savin has stated (repeatedly) that he's uninterested in anything like that or giving Ryn a vagina and even if you don't pay attention to things outside the game, in-game Ryn makes it clear she's perfectly happy with herself the way she is (cage excepted) and that while she wouldn't mind some minor TFing to give her bigger breasts, she doesn't want a vagina and is horrified at the thought of removing her penis. Making her more masculine is even more of a non-starter.

Also, the devs have no obligation to 'balance out' the proportion of content that caters to any given demographic.

Lone Wolf115

Savin has stated (repeatedly) that he's uninterested in anything like that or giving Ryn a vagina and even if you don't pay attention to things outside the game, in-game Ryn makes it clear she's perfectly happy with herself the way she is (cage excepted) and that while she wouldn't mind some minor TFing to give her bigger breasts, she doesn't want a vagina and is horrified at the thought of removing her penis. Making her more masculine is even more of a non-starter.

Also, the devs have no obligation to 'balance out' the proportion of content that caters to any given demographic.
In short like it or don't.

BadDragoon

Apr 19, 2021

Well if Ryn's writer isn't interested in adding content involving her changing her gender then it is what it is I guess. However, I don't think using Ryn's ingame gender identity as a reason why she shouldn't have gender TFs content is a good argument considering that ingame Berwyn clearly identifies himself as a male and never really expresses interest in TFing into a full female afaik.

And of course, I am aware that the devs aren't obligated to cater to anyone at all. I am merely stating what I think would be a good addition to the game. Whether or not they consider adding it to the game is entirely up to them.

Lone Wolf115

Well if Ryn's writer isn't interested in adding content involving her changing her gender then it is what it is I guess. However, I don't think using Ryn's ingame gender identity as a reason why she shouldn't have gender TFs content is a good argument considering that ingame Berwyn clearly identifies himself as a male and never really expresses interest in TFing into a full female afaik.

And of course, I am aware that the devs aren't obligated to cater to anyone at all. I am merely stating what I think would be a good addition to the game. Whether or not they consider adding it to the game is entirely up to them.
Well considering Berry for a minute he had Hugs as his creator and B took his leash as owner and B is making the Berwyn's quest to deal with Mathia so it's how B is handling Berwyn from now on.

Reactions: Mr. Grau

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
However, I don't think using Ryn's ingame gender identity as a reason why she shouldn't have gender TFs content is a good argument considering that ingame Berwyn clearly identifies himself as a male and never really expresses interest in TFing into a full female afaik.
Aside from Berwyn's writer changing, there's the fact that as a character he always had the 'body was magically modified' thing hanging over him, so expanding on that isn't really as big a change as taking a character for whom her status as a half-sexed is a core component of her character and changing that. Ryn also has by far the most variables to account for already and you know what they say about straws and camels' backs. You might also find the end of this post by The Observer worth noting.

But I think the real reason why Berwyn is getting such extensive TFing is that B not so secretly enjoys the challenge of making characters who work with a ton of variables.

Lone Wolf115

Seems like a long shot but I hope after Berwyn's quest with dealing with Mathia Berwyn's attitude changes afterwards.
If it doesn't happen it is what it is and I accept that.

Reactions: Mr. Grau

LonelyHydra

Apr 26, 2020

This is why I think attaching a name-change to the gender-hop was super clever. He really has to change who he is to accept himself as herself, even as a G-cup No Dick.

No really, would anyone here after giving him the full femme physical workup, stop at that last step?

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated BerryQuest with 2,220 words! This update focuses on finding Berwyn (the narration continues call him Berwyn until he says otherwise, if applicable) and Matiha - and discussing what you two should do with her.
You stand, quickly checking yourself once over for any major injuries[pc.isDK||[pc.hasCompanions| before tending to [comp1.name] and [comp2.name]]] before turning your attention to the courtyard itself. You were in a bricked dome before whatever happened with Matiha had happened; if you’re in the courtyard now, then maybe Berwyn is, too. And you don’t see Matiha’s gigantic, hideous body anywhere.

Berwyn isn’t difficult to find: he lays in the middle of the walkway of the yard, near the wooden fenceposts that mark the limits of the fortress.[berwyn.cupRange 0 1||

Or… <b>is</b> that Berwyn? Whoever it is, they’re wearing Berwyn’s clothes…]

He isn’t moving and from your distance, you can’t tell if he’s breathing. You rush to his side, to get a better look at him and to try and resuscitate him if you need to.[berwyn.cupRange 0 1||

And once you arrive at his side, you can’t help but notice that he looks… <b>rather</b> different. You’ve known Berwyn for some time, [berwyn.cupRange 1 2 3|and you think you would have noticed if he had breasts by now, even if they were A-cups|and you very much don’t remember him having some… <b>considerably</b> sized breasts straining his top by now|and, well, if Berwyn had breasts as <b>fucking enormous</b> as the ones he had now, there’s a nonzero chance you would have known him even better by now].][berwyn.cockSize 2 3|| And now that you’re here, you can’t help but notice that he seems… a bit ‘looser’ in the pants. Had something happened to his masculinity? He’s not going to like that when he wakes up…][berwyn.cupRange 0 1||. You always knew Berwyn to be a man, but you’ve never seen him with breasts – you figure you should probably continue to refer to him <b>as</b> a man, until he corrects you, if he ever does.]
Just as you reset his clothes, Berwyn begins to stir: his eyes shut tighter, his lips purse, and he moans deliriously, trying to rouse himself from whatever has him in his sleep. After another moment, his eyes slowly blink open, his pupils going in two different directions before focusing on you again. “[pc.name]…?” he says drowsily, trying to get a grip on himself as he comes to.

“[pc.dcb|Yeah, Berwyn,” you reply. While you’d rather he didn’t die on your watch, you nonetheless make no outward expression.|Yes, Berwyn, it’s me,” you say, smiling in relief that he’s coming back to you.|That’s me!” you cheer, excited that Berwyn’s smart enough to remember who you are. “And you’re Berwyn! I remembered too!”]{name is Wynne|

Berwyn blinks twice, trying to adjust his eyes to the dim light of the Ways Between. “Berwyn…?” he asks confusedly, his eyes going from yours to the clouded grey ‘sky’ and back again. “Oh… right.”

You weren’t expecting that response. Are you somehow not speaking with Berwyn? Perhaps you should keep referring to him <b>as</b> Berwyn, at least in your head, until he corrects you, if he ever does.}
After everything that’s happened – the teleporting tower, the meeting with Astraea, the journey through the transforming fortress, and the culminating battle with… <b>whatever</b> Matiha had transformed into – you ask him if this is the life he had wanted to live.

Berwyn’s eyes stay on Matiha for a long moment as he considers the question. “In a way?” he asks, his eyes lifting from hers to yours – and a slight smile spreads across his lips. “Yeah, it is. My grandfather was a battlemage, and I’d always heard such <b>amazing</b> stories about the adventures that he had. I wanted to live that for myself. I wanted to have a story or two of my own to tell someone. And after all of that? Everything that we’ve been through?” He smiles wider – a genuine, enthusiastic smile that displays his teeth. “By Nareva, there isn’t a bard in the world that would believe me.”

The silence hangs in the air between you two for another moment as he recollects himself. “I care about Matiha, [pc.name],” he says eventually, stopping just short of admitting something stronger. “If I were… a little more selfish than I am right now, I know what I’d like to do with Matiha now that she’s not crazy and hopped-up on the unlimited mana of a weird enchanted rock.” His brow furrows. “Presumably.”

But he stops short of saying what it is his heart wants for him to do. His mouth hangs open, but the words won’t come out. It’s clear that what he wants <b>is</b> selfish.

“But maybe… this <b>isn’t</b> the woman that I cared about before,” he eventually continues, chewing through his words. “Maybe this isn’t the same Matiha.”

His eyes turn to yours, gently moistening along their bottoms. “Way back when, I came to you for help. Matiha… she was turning into someone I didn’t recognize. Someone I didn’t like. And you were the first person I could think of that could help me with her.” He chokes through a single laugh. “And I’m very lucky that you did. I accepted this damn journey from the beginning not because I cared about Matiha sucking the mana out of Savarra or because some Astrida cultist asked me to, but because I… I wanted Matiha back. And now that she’s here…”

Berwyn casts his eyes back down to Matiha’s comatose body sadly. “What if… what if she’s <b>not</b> back? What if she’s still crazy? What… what if… she wakes up, and she’s mad that we broke that rune, or that we had put a stop to her crazy plan to suck Savarra into the Ways Between? I mean, she wielded a <b>lot</b> of power, thanks to that rock, and I had lost her for a long time – what if she doesn’t forgive me?”

He stops his ranting, standing over Matiha with his hat still against his chest. He takes another deep sigh, in through his nose and out through his mouth, as he wrestles with the questions he had just asked.

It’s clear that he’s waiting for a second opinion.

[=Talk To Her=][=Wayfort=]
I'm glad everyone appreciates the Build-A-Berry idea! For the longest time, I was actually struggling with how to handle TFing Berry for the same reasons everyone was worried about it: I needed to frame it in a way that made it seem like it was Berwyn's conscious decisions to become what he is, rather than just giving himself tits for the PC's amusement or something. After talking the problem out with some other writers, I realized that it was the PC that was making this a problem at all, and once I removed them from the equation, the idea came pretty naturally and it's been overall very well received.

1) Berwyn is half-lupine and will always be half-lupine. The goal of the TFing part of the project was never to change his general body shape (svelte, lithe, pear-shaped, animal limbs, etc) and to only focus on the sexy bits.
2) No, the scene is one-time. You get one opportunity to Build Your Own Berry.
Will be even funnier if we get that alchemy feature for making Lyric taller...

A 4ft champion say... carrying a 6ft Lyric inside his backpack... that's silly mode grade stuff
idk, Lyric is 4ft tall and only takes up one slot. It stands to reason that an 8ft tall Lyric would just take up two. Seems like a legit trade to me.
If I understand correctly though, Berwyn can still identify himself as masculine even if you were to give him a pussy and/or tits right?
Correct.

BadDragoon

Apr 19, 2021
Ryn also has by far the most variables to account for already and you know what they say about straws and camels' backs.
That's actually a fair point. I suppose having gender TF added would be too much extra work.
We all got our kinks and apparently iirc the games aren't attracting straight women wanting to romance men.
I don't think straight women are the only demographic who would be interested in having more romancable male characters. One of the main appeal of these games is that they have a little bit of something for evererybody and imo the reason why they don't attract straight women is simply because there aren't enough content for them.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated BerryQuest with 2,120 words! Here, you discuss what you should do with Matiha, now that she's defeated and unconscious, followed by a discussion with Berwyn on what happened after she had squished him and why his body is what it is.
“You’re suggesting we move Matiha to the Wayfort?” he asks, and you confirm. It’s a fairly tame location, at least by Matiha’s standards: there isn’t a lot that she can use there to practice her magic and become another threat, but she’ll also be close enough to home that, if he ever changes his mind and wants to visit her, she won’t be too long of a walk away. And the longer you’ve been going on your journey, the more and more populated it’s become, so it’s not like she’ll be wanting for company.

“Don’t try to sugarcoat this,” he snaps. “You want her displaced and thrown into an open-air prison with a bunch of other freaks and weirdos. And let’s make one thing clear,” he says, pointing his finger at you accusatorily, “Matiha <b>isn’t</b> a freak.”

You ask him if he has any better ideas. He asked for your opinion, and you gave it.

He stops, his fingers clenching into tight fists as he considers your words. Eventually, he lets out a frustrated, almost pained grunt, letting his hands fall to his sides again. “You do it,” he says. “There’s a waypoint portal just outside the fortress’ walls. Use it to take her to the Wayfort. Don’t make me do this to her.”

It’s the least you could do. Matiha doesn’t stir when you hoist her onto your shoulders, carrying her piggyback out of the fortress’s boundaries.
Maybe he didn’t realize it in the excitement of the moments, but from the second you two had met Matiha in her office and from the first few sentences she spoke, there was one thing that was made obvious to you: it’s that she cares about Berwyn, too. She was borderline begging him to stay with her, to rejoin her and her studies, and she wanted him to be a part of her grand, master plan, as insane as it was. Even when she was a big, gross, undulating flesh-monster, all she wanted was for Berwyn to be a part of what she had.

Berwyn visibly shudders at the thought of ‘being a part’ of that.

Yes, you admit that it’s not a pleasant thought, but he’s thinking about it on a surface level. Matiha’s one wish was to be with him. Maybe that was bullshit, and she was trying to get him to stay with her so she could suck the mana out of him or abuse his ‘potential’ or whatever – but maybe it wasn’t. Maybe she was sincere.

Berwyn pauses, absorbing the words that you’re saying. The only times you ever see him this focused and determined are when he’s nose-deep in his studies. “Do you really think so?” he eventually asks, his voice rising an octave – you’ve only said a few sentences, but you’ve already given him hope, and he wants to believe in it.

You reason that if Matiha were really so far gone that she wanted him back for purely selfish reasons, she probably wouldn’t have jumped on that rune when he made it fracture. He would have been the first one in the mana blast if she hadn’t.

“I… well…,” he stutters, his mouth moving but his words not coming out. “I <b>probably</b> would have survived that blast, but…”

Berwyn’s tail swishes once behind himself. It was a slight motion, but it was enough to catch your eye. “Maybe… maybe you’re right. Maybe the Matiha I knew is still in there.”

There’s only one way to find out. You simply need to wait until she wakes up.
“I don’t know the specifics. After she had collapsed on top of me, all I remember was that I was somewhere dark and cold, and… at some point, I… realized that I didn’t have a body.” He extends his right hand, splaying his fingers and flexing them all individually. His left hand feels along his right, where the fur meets his elbow and up to his shoulder. “But somewhere in there, I also realized that I had access to an <b>enormous</b> amount of mana. More than I had ever felt before. It might honestly have been endless. So… I reconstituted myself from my memories. I used the mana that was available to me, and I completely remade myself.”

Berwyn faces you directly, his hands on his hips and his hips twisted to one side. His tail makes a long, stylistic flourish as he does. “Pretty good, right?” he asks with a coy, wry smile.

[pc.isBimbo|Berwyn’s consciousness absconded from his mortal shell, and, upon being given a near-limitless supply of mana, he remade his physical body, out of nothing but mana, using willpower alone?

Fuck, that’s <b>awesome!</b>|Hold on – Berwyn means to say that, after Matiha collapsed on top of him, his body, but not his mind, was destroyed. And given access to a near-infinite amount of mana, presumably from Matiha’s body, he used that to literally recreate a physical form? Out of nothing but <b>ether</b>?

If that’s true – and that’d only be moderately less believable than everything else that’s happened so far – wouldn’t that mean that Berwyn created life?

Is… is Berwyn a god?

You keep that question to yourself. You don’t want to risk inflating his ego any more than it already is.]
So, wait. He had the opportunity to remake his body however he wanted – but he looks almost exactly as you remember him. Didn’t he tell you once before that he used to be far manlier and far more ‘strapping’ before he met Matiha? And even then, he could have remade himself to be whatever he wanted – eight feet tall, jacked with muscles, whatever. He could have given himself wings. And yet…

Berwyn frowns. “I wasn’t really thinking about what I <b>could</b> be at the time,” he admits. “I was thinking about what I was. What I remember myself to be. And yeah, I could have gone back to my old body, but… I don’t know. My thoughts went to this one.” He opens his hands and stares down into his palms for a moment. “I guess, in a way… this is who I’m comfortable being as, now.”

When he looks back up at you, his expression is softer: his eyebrows raise slightly, revealing twinkling, confident eyes holding a light that you’ve never seen inside Berwyn before. “Ever since Matiha started changing me, my body and my identity had been, well… not an easy topic to talk about. I would always say that I never minded being called ‘cute’ – and, hell, it probably got me more attention than being a real manly-man did – but, honestly, you don’t just go through something like that without asking yourself some questions about who you are on the inside. Questions that I couldn’t ask anyone else. Questions that I’ve never thought to ask <b>myself</b> up until I was given the opportunity to decide who, and what, I was.”

His lips spread into a wide, genuine smile. “And I’ve decided.”}

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
The real reason Berry would shift his body into a busty woman is simple. Berry loves big breasts, as has been established. Now Berry has easily accessible breasts that can be played with without upsetting anyone. Except maybe Garth if done in his brothel bar.