one handed caster main weapons?

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
I just want something to match with my fire jade, preferably something unique

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
well i know most spell weapons that are one handed are gonna be hard to find but a good one early is the mage wand, from the kitsune den you can pick up scrolls from kohuko's shop

thought it looks like the only one handed unique spell caster weapon is the control rod from the princess blade side quest with kinu part 1 (also the best caster weapon in the game with 15 spell power and spell penetration)

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
well i know most spell weapons that are one handed are gonna be hard to find but a good one early is the mage wand, from the kitsune den you can pick up scrolls from kohuko's shop

thought it looks like the only one handed unique spell caster weapon is the control rod from the princess blade side quest with kinu part 1 (also the best caster weapon in the game with 15 spell power and spell penetration)
I have a kitsune scroll currently, shame for lack of other ones

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
yes i know there are some 2 handed caster weapons with 20 spell power, but the control rod and bull totem combined is 30 spell power and 25 spell penetration making control rod the best caster weapon and bull totem the best caster second hand

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
By caster weapon, do you mean anything that has the Catalyst tag, or only things that have Spell Power/Penetration?

The unique one-handed catalysts, that haven't already been mentioned, are:
-The Bone Seax from the Winter Wolf quest, but it has no power/penetration bonus. It has big accuracy (which applies to spells, since it's a catalyst) and evasion bonuses, instead
-Flametongue Blade is sold by Vitruvius in Khor'minos. Fire theme would line up with the Fire Jade.
-Harp of Waves, from Livrea in Khor'minos after she gives birth to your child (might have changed?). Also boosts Leadership and Sexiness.

Every other unique catalyst is two-handed.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
By caster weapon, do you mean anything that has the Catalyst tag, or only things that have Spell Power/Penetration?

The unique one-handed catalysts, that haven't already been mentioned, are:
-The Bone Seax from the Winter Wolf quest, but it has no power/penetration bonus. It has big accuracy (which applies to spells, since it's a catalyst) and evasion bonuses, instead
-Flametongue Blade is sold by Vitruvius in Khor'minos. Fire theme would line up with the Fire Jade.
-Harp of Waves, from Livrea in Khor'minos after she gives birth to your child (might have changed?). Also boosts Leadership and Sexiness.

Every other unique catalyst is two-handed.
I am not really following a fire theme, I do have the Bone Seax, but, everything and anything that requires the champ to impregnate someone is fully locked out for me as I refuse to have anything phallic attached to my champ

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
everything and anything that requires the champ to impregnate someone is fully locked out for me as I refuse to have anything phallic attached to my champ

Getting the Control Rod requires impregnating Kiyoko (but can be done by getting a magic fake dick from Evergreen) and going through her entire questline, then going through Kinu's questline. You'll have to settle for the Seax, the Blade, or using the non-unique catalysts you can buy from Kohaku or the magic shop in Khor'minos.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
Getting the Control Rod requires impregnating Kiyoko (but can be done by getting a magic fake dick from Evergreen) and going through her entire questline, then going through Kinu's questline. You'll have to settle for the Seax, the Blade, or using the non-unique catalysts you can buy from Kohaku or the magic shop in Khor'minos.
settled for the metal rod, while the kitsune scrolls have a neat vibe, not fully what I want plus no spell power/pen from them, metal rod 's my best choice

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
The Control Rod has been the best caster main hand for a very long time now, and they've added a bunch of weapons since then. Even if the combat rebalance delays things a bit, it shouldn't be too long until a good main hand caster weapon is obtainable from a "standard" source.

Maybe a caster neck piece, too.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
I mean, the Wooden Rod and Metal Rod are both quite good and in-game currently. They may not be unique, but they're easily attainable, with one being given to some backgrounds and sold by Ivris while the other is sold by Gianna. Plus there's the fire rod, as sold by Nieves.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
I mean, the Wooden Rod and Metal Rod are both quite good and in-game currently. They may not be unique, but they're easily attainable, with one being given to some backgrounds and sold by Ivris while the other is sold by Gianna. Plus there's the fire rod, as sold by Nieves.

I haven't played in a couple months and I know the wiki isn't too reliable. Are those new, or is that about the Wooden Pipes and Metal Wand? Or has their stats changed with the recent combat changes?

The Wooden Pipes is an offhand, but even if it were a primary... let's say you merged both the Metal Wand and Wooden Pipes into a single primary weapon that has all of their stats combined:

The WoodMetal WandPipes would have +15 SpellPower, +10 SpellPen and +10 Crit.

Meanwhile, that damn Control Rod has +15 SpellPower, +15 SpellPen, +15 Crit and +15 Accuracy.

Even compared to both weapons combined, the Control Rod is still much better! That's pretty nuts, right?

With the weapon being so much better than any other caster weapon in the game, I'm not surprised people are complaining that it's locked behind the Kiyoko content. Especially since the upgraded caster neck piece is Kiyoko content as well. Especially with Kiyoko content being exclusive to impregnator PCs, which a lot of players are not comfortable playing.

I realize it's not always going to be like this, and I personally don't have much of a dog in this fight. I don't even really play the game much, I'm just super into game mechanics.

I'm just saying... this is why people are frustrated.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
fire rod is pretty lame if I am honest, wooden and metal are a lot better despite being early game content, yes they are good but unique weapons often have super nifty little special effects

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
I haven't played in a couple months and I know the wiki isn't too reliable. Are those new, or is that about the Wooden Pipes and Metal Wand? Or has their stats changed with the recent combat changes?

The Wooden Pipes is an offhand, but even if it were a primary... let's say you merged both the Metal Wand and Wooden Pipes into a single primary weapon that has all of their stats combined:

The WoodMetal WandPipes would have +15 SpellPower, +10 SpellPen and +10 Crit.

Meanwhile, that damn Control Rod has +15 SpellPower, +15 SpellPen, +15 Crit and +15 Accuracy.

Even compared to both weapons combined, the Control Rod is still much better! That's pretty nuts, right?

With the weapon being so much better than any other caster weapon in the game, I'm not surprised people are complaining that it's locked behind the Kiyoko content. Especially since the upgraded caster neck piece is Kiyoko content as well. Especially with Kiyoko content being exclusive to impregnator PCs, which a lot of players are not comfortable playing.

I realize it's not always going to be like this, and I personally don't have much of a dog in this fight. I don't even really play the game much, I'm just super into game mechanics.

I'm just saying... this is why people are frustrated.
metal wand is metal rod yes, and yeah, all of that is true and I agree but I've already learnt that I am not the target audience to this game so not like it matters

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Also, yes, the Control Rod is crazy overpowered. Balak is the dev leading a game-wide rebalance that is tackling things like 'some items are just insanely better than others' and it's still in progress, so rest assured the nerfhammer is coming for the Control Rod, Galon's Griefmaker, and other various best in slot items.

If you've been paying attention to the bows, you'll have seen some rebalancing already. Bessy Mauler and Taeleeran Longbow aren't obscenely better than everything else in the slot anymore.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
metal wand is metal rod yes, and yeah, all of that is true and I agree but I've already learnt that I am not the target audience to this game so not like it matters

Well... the game attempts to cater to a very wide range of tastes, and that means any single player will usually only end up liking a small portion of the content. Makes you feel like the game wasn't made for you, but it's really not personal. Everyone has something they like, they just have to dig through all the stuff that they don't.

Admittedly, seeing awesome equipment gated behind particular sexual preferences/fetishes/identities that you don't share would further make you feel like you're not "part of the club". But I don't think that was intended.

If you've been paying attention to the bows, you'll have seen some rebalancing already. Bessy Mauler and Taeleeran Longbow aren't obscenely better than everything else in the slot anymore.

Oh, cool. I hadn't realized that. The wiki still lists the old stats. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Emerald

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
Also, yes, the Control Rod is crazy overpowered. Balak is the dev leading a game-wide rebalance that is tackling things like 'some items are just insanely better than others' and it's still in progress, so rest assured the nerfhammer is coming for the Control Rod, Galon's Griefmaker, and other various best in slot items.

dont know if i would call galon's griefmaker best in slot ... guard captain's sword is over all better impho

though hope they dont nerf dawnsword

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
Well... the game attempts to cater to a very wide range of tastes, and that means any single player will usually only end up liking a small portion of the content. Makes you feel like the game wasn't made for you, but it's really not personal. Everyone has something they like, they just have to dig through all the stuff that they don't.

Admittedly, seeing awesome equipment gated behind particular sexual preferences/fetishes/identities that you don't share would further make you feel like you're not "part of the club". But I don't think that was intended.

Oh, cool. I hadn't realized that. The wiki still lists the old stats. Thanks for the info.
it is sadly not just that, a very ridiculous amount of content is locked behind penis only, whereas I am pretty sure the only content that requires pure pussy is lesdomme Rina, Janeen, and I am unsure if Liaden 3some also locks out if you have a dick. The game is very biased to penis havers but that is fine, I'll enjoy the content that caters to me and encourage those writers to make more of it if I can

Reactions: Baggrin

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
i just found a rather interesting caster one handed called blank scroll in kitsune den's kohaku's shop, 10 accuracy, spell power and spell penetration, a rather decent upgrade for a spell caster locked out of the control rod

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
i just found a rather interesting caster one handed called blank scroll in kitsune den's kohaku's shop, 10 accuracy, spell power and spell penetration, a rather decent upgrade for a spell caster locked out of the control rod
blank is off-hand sadly

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Are those new,
The wooden pipes are not the wooden rod. It's new, released in the combat rebalance part 1

dont know if i would call galon's griefmaker best in slot ... guard captain's sword is over all better impho
I
Okay, this is quite possibly the most absurd take on the entire forums and I am hoping to god that you're trolling
Especially because the captain's sword is literally intentionally bad right now. It'll be better once its quest is complete, but right now it's literally awful on purpose.
Galon's, for the price of 10 less crit, has 5 more accuracy (which is damn near enough to negate that crit loss), 10 focus (the rarest of the Armor/Ward/Defense triad), has replaced 20 of its penetrating damage with Frost (a significantly better damage type because it's less resisted outside of literally one area, and even then it's fucking close there), and 50 ARMOR PEN. 50 ARMOR PEN IS FUCKING OBSCENE. 50 armor pen alone functionally replaces the 20 frost damage on most enemies. Like, for example, on an enemy with 70 armor, the Captain's Greatsword does 29 penetrating damage. Galon's? 25 penetrating damage, and then the frost damage (which is another 16 or so). It's... it's not close.

Last edited:

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
The wooden pipes are not the wooden rod. It's new, released in the combat rebalance part 1

I
Okay, this is quite possibly the most absurd take on the entire forums and I am hoping to god that you're trolling
Especially because the captain's sword is literally intentionally bad right now. It'll be better once its quest is complete, but right now it's literally awful on purpose.
Galon's, for the price of 10 less crit, has 5 more accuracy (which is damn near enough to negate that crit loss), 10 focus (the rarest of the Armor/Ward/Defense triad), has replaced 20 of its penetrating damage with Frost (a significantly better damage type because it's less resisted outside of literally one area, and even then it's fucking close there), and 50 ARMOR PEN. 50 ARMOR PEN IS FUCKING OBSCENE. 50 armor pen alone functionally replaces the 20 frost damage on most enemies. Like, for example, on an enemy with 70 armor, the Captain's Greatsword does 29 penetrating damage. Galon's? 25 penetrating damage, and then the frost damage (which is another 16 or so). It's... it's not close.
i'm just going off the demonstrated damage numbers in battle, i see the griefmaker dealing 80-100 points of damage on average and the guard captain's sword dealing 90-105 points on average (this is ignoring crits on both accounts) though i have found neither competes with the swift blade (averaging 75-95 damage with out crits) for over all usefulness (basically leech on crits is pretty good on harder difficulties) or duel balanced blades for over all damage out put (+ 20 total crit and 15% more damage on crits (dont know if this stacks to 30% for all crits or if its 15% only when each one crits) is pretty nice) but either way the numbers dont lie the guard captains sword edges out just slightly on a strength cunning build for over all damage output

damage numbers presented are the lowest and highest i seen dealt to each enemy type avalible then averaged out yes i will concede on enemies weak to frost damage the griefmaker edges out over the guard captain's sword, but most enemies the guard captain's sword seems to edge out over all, not to discount the other bonuses the griefmaker gives either

Last edited:

EvilK

Aug 14, 2020

I do hope not too many things get nerfed.
While I understand the desire to make every item viable it should not come at the cost of entirely removing a sense of progression.
Otherwise there is hardly any reason to seek out rare and unique equipment.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
it is sadly not just that, a very ridiculous amount of content is locked behind penis only, whereas I am pretty sure the only content that requires pure pussy is lesdomme Rina, Janeen, and I am unsure if Liaden 3some also locks out if you have a dick. The game is very biased to penis havers but that is fine, I'll enjoy the content that caters to me and encourage those writers to make more of it if I can

Janeen and the Liaden threesome rely on how feminine you are. Having a dick doesn't lock you out of them. Also, the magic (Ghostlight) dick was added specifically to allow access to dick-locked content (Kiyoko, primarily, because she's an entire companion locked behind getting her pregnant) without having to grow a real dick.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
i'm just going off the demonstrated damage numbers in battle, i see the griefmaker dealing 80-100 points of damage on average and the guard captain's sword dealing 90-105 points on average (this is ignoring crits on both accounts) though i have found neither competes with the swift blade (averaging 75-95 damage with out crits) for over all usefulness (basically leech on crits is pretty good on harder difficulties) or duel balanced blades for over all damage out put (+ 20 total crit and 15% more damage on crits (dont know if this stacks to 30% for all crits or if its 15% only when each one crits) is pretty nice) but either way the numbers dont lie the guard captains sword edges out just slightly on a strength cunning build for over all damage output

damage numbers presented are the lowest and highest i seen dealt to each enemy type avalible then averaged out yes i will concede on enemies weak to frost damage the griefmaker edges out over the guard captain's sword, but most enemies the guard captain's sword seems to edge out over all, not to discount the other bonuses the griefmaker gives either
yeah no this info is just objectively false. I went ahead and tested both weapons on a number of enemies removed companions and daily buffs no crit attacks on easy mode.
2022-07-20 07.41.29 (2).png
2022-07-20 07.44.58 (2).png
2022-07-20 07.48.33 (2).png2022-07-20 07.49.53 (2).png
2022-07-20 07.53.26 (2).png2022-07-20 07.54.54 (2).png
2022-07-20 07.56.25 (2).png2022-07-20 07.57.40 (2).png

the only one where grief maker didn't out preform are the selkies who have a significant amount of frost resist never the less it was still on par with CG.

Reactions: Baggrin

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
neither competes with the swift blade (averaging 75-95 damage with out crits) for over all usefulness (basically leech on crits is pretty good on harder difficulties) or duel balanced blades for over all damage out put
This is wrong. As stated by Balaknightfang, the Griefmaker IS the best melee weapon in terms of raw dmg. The swift sword cannot outperform it.

Sadly, the balanced blade is the weakest light weapon. It only outdmages the throwing knifes with crits. all other light weapons outperform it both on regular attacks and even WITH crits.

I get that many people think, that the balanced blade outperforms other light weapons on crits. But that is simply not true.

I thought so as well, until I compared all the light weapons. In this thread I posted my findings in a google docs.

I also want to say that I simply wish to deliver objectively correct information. This post is not made to call out or offend you or others for not knowing these things.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
yeah no this info is just objectively false. I went ahead and tested both weapons on a number of enemies removed companions and daily buffs no crit attacks on easy mode.

the only one where grief maker didn't out preform are the selkies who have a significant amount of frost resist never the less it was still on par with CG.
so you...... preformed one attack with each on 4 seperate enemies and that was your testing...... i did 20 attacks of each on EVERY avalible enemy in the game at the time, then averaged out the lowest seen number and highest seen number from each test, ignoring crits (so 20 attacks that landed that were not crits took about 73 attacks per enemy to get the 20 non crit attacks around 106 on enemies with fly)

under no companions, and only attack power boosting effect coming from song of courage and the veteran perk and conclusively the captains great sword edged out by a small margin, as demonstrated by the number ranges i posted earlier so over all the two weapons are on par based on the character build, i have seen no conclusive evidance the grief maker is overwelmingly better then the captains great sword or the swift blade for that matter

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
so you...... preformed one attack with each on 4 seperate enemies and that was your testing...... i did 20 attacks of each on EVERY avalible enemy in the game at the time, then averaged out the lowest seen number and highest seen number from each test, ignoring crits (so 20 attacks that landed that were not crits took about 73 attacks per enemy to get the 20 non crit attacks around 106 on enemies with fly)

under no companions, and only attack power boosting effect coming from song of courage and the veteran perk and conclusively the captains great sword edged out by a small margin, as demonstrated by the number ranges i posted earlier so over all the two weapons are on par based on the character build, i have seen no conclusive evidance the grief maker is overwelmingly better then the captains great sword or the swift blade for that matter
Really? then show me.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
Really? then show me.
i have it all written down in note books but i am willing to redo all the testing for you and video it

just tell me the build you want it tested with

i have a strength/cunning/presence build (build i used for the testing with numbers i listed)

i have a strength/agility/cunning build

a strength/willpower/toughness build (testing will not ignore crits)

a strength/toughness/agility build (testing will not ignore crits)

and a willpower/cunning/presence build

i put a lot of work into find the most effective primary and offhand weapon combination for the most damage output for each of those builds

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
Well alright then do a strength/agility/cunning build. with no buffs or crits.
by no buffs does that mean no song of courage or veteran perk attack power boost aswell?

also what difficulty? dark, normal, easy or story