Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@nergantre
The wiki is ready. I have a lot of minor changes that need to be made over the week, but nothing important enough to delay the launch any further. You can access the wiki at wiki.nightgamesmod.com (The base domain will also take you to the wiki).

Feel free to let me know if you want to host any other services on the server.

Awesome, thanks for setting it up! I started editing it a bit, just adding some character information for now. Will add more to it as I get the chance.

On Ass; Yes, having over have-not being acknowledged within the game's code with perhaps a few status descriptors is fine. Mentioned already; You can still add a Muscle mod later for asses to change Pliant/Jiggly to Firm/Bubble later and change mechanics instead of adding more sizes that only variate stats. Just one more small thing since it now exists; increase ass to 'Big' on the Trap start option. I still want that ass-pussy alternative, even if all it will be is raw stats.

On morphs; That's some freshly painted hell. I didn't even think about the unintended effects of just roughly applying effects to limbs, just that once you've added effects to ass; other tertiary body-parts would then be open-game for modification like a domino effect. Even if you hadn't gone through this yourself; tit morphs would've inevitably been the next requested feature.

I'm not one for traps normally, so you'll have to tell me if having a large ass is a normal thing there. I always thought traps were just girlish looking boys? It doesn't matter too much to me tbh. Ass pussy is still there as a mod. In the code it's called "SecondPussyHoleMod" lol. It's the same mod being used by mouth pussy right now, and the only effects it has is bonus to pleasure stats and changing the fluids to "juices". And overriding the description. Also, no one is going to use this by default now since apparently it offends a lot of people's aesthetics. I replaced Jewel's bonus with a "Trained" mod which provides similar bonuses, and I'm going to replace Cassie's mouth pussy mod with something like an elongated tongue. Or something else. Not sure.

Having soft-caps for Mods and then applying a limited amount on characters to indivualize them sounds nice, but be sure to include a warning for excessively applying the morph mods for parts a PC never uses.

If you want to get technical, Girls have had to deal with convenient clothes-not-hair acids for years, and is often used as a lubricant which is then shoved into every available orifice. Acid Eroticism just isn't new to me also including vore fetishism.

Is there something anywhere showing what is strong against what type?

An example character for the creator would help. My Trap NPC Elise and her scenes are acceptable although I don't have good diction variety, I just figured if anyone actually cared about that, they'd just give me an editorial run-through. I'm still lacking the three-some scenes though since I can't figure out what exactly to do there. Finished an anal scene I stopped on half-way.

Yeah that's actually what I was thinking as well. Making it so that it becomes prohibitively more expensive adding more mods after the second one. I think I'm going to limit stuff to ass tits pussies and mouths for the next build. The descriptions gets kind of weird when applying it to other stuff.

The wiki now has the weaknesses updated.

About acid, I'm almost 100% sure anything can be a fetish now. It's just nothing I feel like writing for. I'm willing to put most stuff in the game, but I don't want to be writing stuff that doesn't interest me. Samantha is a ready made NPC that seems relatively fleshed out if you want to check that out.

When I first tried running a build with Mara's octo-arm focus, I got a null exception if Mara's arms had no legal actions. I added a check for that, but it is an issue for balance- I think the arms really should have a weak backup skill if their normal skill isn't applicable (I just pushed a commit with a simple version).

Maybe tentacle Airi should get something that interacts with engulf? Bonus accuracy/effect for tentacle attacks even beyond the dom bonus maybe? Different description?

Eh, there's already a dissolve skill, engulf disolves clothes, and slime cock dissolves panties. It's already in the game, though maybe a different name would be better. If it's already there that makes it not quite right for a focus though- maybe a chemistry focus as a third options somewhere once all the two-focus pairs are done?

Maybe cap it at one, or cap at two but have a significant sensitivity cost for adding a second?

Hmmm... right now the body part type counter/matchup system is all in pussypart... if that is made to work with every mod location, then just making it so that hands have reduced effects, but amplified effects when countered might balance out some of that OPness (the effects of the mod would have to be filtered through the body part).

I haven't really tested the octo-arm stuff yet, but you're probably right. I think they are supposed to be using the Idle skill whenever they're not doing anything.

Tentacle Airi currently has the clinger arms which can pull you into engulf. But right now it doesn't actually do anything different during an engulf. Maybe it should.

It definitely doesn't make much sense for the squirter to keep throwing slime at you when you're completely inside her. Maybe it's actually okay to have the arms just idle when engulfed. You're pretty fucked already when you get engulfed...

On the topic of acid, I said it above, I'm not against it, it's just something I'd have trouble writing.

And yup on the cap, I think we can soft cap it by just making it super expensive past 2. Like 1500 for the first one, 15000 for the second one, and multiply by 10 each time after that. If you really want to do it, you can cheat for it, but there shouldn't be any realistic way to get more than two.

The problem with counter effects is that it's all based on what kind of cock you have. It doesn't do anything if you're fonding their tits or something like that. I thought about reduced effects on non-genitals, and that may be an option going forward. Right now though, I don't think I'll have it be applicable on hands and feet in the coming build.

Which btw I'll push now so you can start experimenting with it. Airi is still very WIP though.

Also, I'll probably be relatively busy this week, so I don't think I'll get a release done until this weekend. Things may change, I can't be sure. The coming build will be relatively massive, which is why it's taking so long.

A short list of what's going into the next build:
1. Most body parts are now moddable
2. Airi's specializations
3. Mara's specializations
4. Some updates to Jewel's anal specialization (makes it so she gets all the ass fucking traits as well, so she's be good at giving and receiving)
5. Some extra Ki skills
6. dndw's reverse drain challenge (quite fun)
7. Some fixes for pronoun usage for drain challenge (Cassie -> Casey now starts with a masculine face so he wont be called she now lol)
8. Advanced starts now automatically generate level up data so you can be drained below your starting level and actually lose stats.
9. Futa time should now apply to advanced NPCs
10. Some gui fixes for OSX in case you have a mac

Last edited:

Vintrion

Sep 15, 2015
Edit: Well, I only complained with the word aesthetics two times on /d, but there was at least two other anons with the same opinion. But I guess it was basically just memetic parroting. But w/e, at least it's done, glory to ass.

More or less normal for traps. There is some divide over what quantifies a trap but thanks to recent disassociation with the term trap due to it being considered offensive, it's more commonly used by perverts to imply either the androgynous asian body-type depicted in most japanese art, or the feminine big-butt body-type depicted in most western art. Majalis' game Tales of Androgyny also helps to push the ass-agenda among the ero-game trap fanatics, even if they distanced themselves from the word 'Trap' too.

On other dickgirl terminology; Tomgirl is the politically correct term for trap, Shemale is still a war-zone with no survivors, and Futanari has become a more vague concept with recent years due to over-use causing dilution. The fact 'futa' on it's own has become a main-stream concept has not helped. If anyone cares enough to say I'm wrong about traps having booty, I'm sure a lurker will suddenly pop-up to disagree with me.

I had already been using Samantha for a base; but I suppose I should've realized to use her in the creator as well.

I've noticed when loading characters and they are already 10 to get past the auto-level; their stats would normalize and it's somewhat annoying. Support for preferred attributes and maximums in the creator would help however, but I'm going to end up making something ridiculous.

Last edited:

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
I'm going to replace Cassie's mouth pussy mod with something like an elongated tongue. Or something else. Not sure.

Magic/Aphrodisiac lipstick is the only other option I can think of aside from elongated tongue for mouth mods.

Also Reyka's art makes her look like she has an longer tongue, so not sure if that automatically means she should also get that mod if it becomes a thing that exists.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Just curious about something:

I may have seen it earlier in the thread, but what is the best way to use eclipse to download and build the current master branch? (I know YMMV between releases)

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@LogicalKink
'Delegating' Angel's followers in that way would certainly solve the minor issue of the mechanical difficulty, but leave the larger issue that the 3v3 fights I'm testing are already very hectic. Add Mara's robo arms, Angel's followers and Airi's clones (if those are still a thing), and you've got a complete mess. I might just give her an attribute boost to compensate instead. Pretty lame, but trust me, it's better than a grand melee with ten combatants. Using a follower to balance out a 5-combatant match would also be a good partial solution.

Like nergantre said, arms should use the description-less Idle skill when not doing anything. I don't think I've seen an error there for quite a while, but I'll have another look.

@nergantre
I'm not sure how to feel about mods for every body part, but that is more because of the increase in complexity than any ideological qualms. I reserve the right to curse you in exasperation the day I need to take twenty different combinations of mods into account in a skill description.

@DarkSinfulMage
From the start, skip whatever you've already done:
  1. Optional: Make an account on https://github.com
  2. Download Eclipse, run it, create a workspace when prompted.
  3. Go to File > Import... > Git > Projects from Git and click Next
  4. Select Clone URI and click Next
  5. Copy https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod into the URI field, and then your account information down below (or don't if you don't have an account).
  6. Click Next three times (assuming you want the master branch)
  7. Wait a bit for the files to download, then click Next again when it's available.
  8. It should show three projects: NightgamesMod, NightgamesTests and NGCreator. Select at least NightgamesMod, optionally the other two, and click Finish.
  9. Done. Occasionally, or when you know there's new goodies, update it by right-clicking the project and clicking Team > Pull.
I made Reyka's Seduction focus today. Refreshingly simple after the team matches and robotic arm madness of the past few day/weeks. It's exactly as previously described for now (pending balancing), except that Come Hither also triggers a Kiss and, if the player selected both level 10 options, also wraps the target with wings.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Testing current build:

Mara scene while doing Drain challenge:

"You tell him there would be no point to slavering away on mediocre devices. Instead, he should devote himself to one, truly inspired invention to show his true prowess. "Yes... You're right!" {self:pROUNOUN} reaches down and sticks a finger into your still-bare, still-wet succubus slit, wriggling it around a bit inside."

Crashy problem at nightgames.characters.Character.eot(Character.java:2070) when fighting Casey in drain mode - I think it's the iterator and parts.

selfOrgan = c.getStance().getPartsFor(c, this, opponent).iterator().next();

I also don't seem to be gaining any experience in "very fast" mode in drain challenge. The NPCs are now level 30 and I'm level 1, LOL! Gotta drain them FAST!

Last edited:

crimsiden

Jul 4, 2016
Currently playing the hard verison of night games omg its fun but ya lol def challenging . Usually by 34 all the girls are ez to beat except kat, but with that build every day i am just glad i made it back in one piece . Overall really fun game love the hard version .

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Team fights are almost ready, and I'd like to get some opinions. It's at risk of being a bit over the top, I think, especially in 3v3 fights.

https://mega.nz/#!BVQGEbCT!LV4-9hi7zaOkXbn5iIA1BG2PeIauxCZYfSLtUWt54o0

I'm not entirely sure pets of 'pets' are handled correctly in every case, so I still need to look into that. Everything else about the fights themselves should be done (except that the initial character quotes don't get formatted properly), but there's still work to be done outside of the fights. I want the team members to help the captain between fights, for example by giving them restorative items, spare clothes, and 'relief'. That's not in yet. Scoring is also not implemented properly. Eventually everyone will get paid for their team's wins, but right now it's only the captain. Your teammates should follow you around without question, although right now you might see messages of them moving away. You may also run into another team's non-captain as they are moving to their captain, and you won't be able to fight them directly. Instead, follow them to where their captain is.

All matches are team matches right now, except the first match. If you load a save, it should be a team match. If you can't load your save, it's probably due to the fact your Cassie has a mouth pussy, and those are no longer a thing. Open your save file, search for 'mouth', copy the mouth section of another character, then search for 'mouthpussy' and replace it with the stuff you just copied.

I also don't seem to be gaining any experience in "very fast" mode in drain challenge. The NPCs are now level 30 and I'm level 1, LOL! Gotta drain them FAST!
That's correct; level drainers now only get XP from draining their opponents. I should probably add some of the same benefits the npcs get in the reverse drain challenge to the regular one as well.

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
@dndw

Getting some repeating encounter triggers
Code:
You hear something in the Workshop.
You run into Angel and you both hesitate for a moment, deciding whether to attack or retreat.
She is completely naked.
She looks eager and composed.
Angel dashes away before you can move.
You are in the Science and Engineering Building. Most of the lecture rooms are in other buildings; this one is mostly for specialized rooms and labs. The first floor contains workshops mostly used by the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering classes. The second floor has the Biology and Chemistry Labs. There's a third floor, but that's considered out of bounds.

You run into Angel and you both hesitate for a moment, deciding whether to attack or retreat.
She is completely naked.
You are in the Science and Engineering Building. Most of the lecture rooms are in other buildings; this one is mostly for specialized rooms and labs. The first floor contains workshops mostly used by the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering classes. The second floor has the Biology and Chemistry Labs. There's a third floor, but that's considered out of bounds.

You hear something in the Chemistry Lab.
She is completely naked.

And so I mashed FIGHT until

Code:
You hear something in the Quad.
She is completely naked.
Angel tries to run, but you stay right on her heels and catch her.

Which softlocked the game. Probably due to some error.

jskil5

May 17, 2016
@dndw

Getting some repeating encounter triggers
Code:
She is completely naked.

She is completely naked.

i actually had the same problem even with the same character too

You hear something in the Chemistry Lab.
She is completely naked.

And so I mashed FIGHT until

Code:
You hear something in the Quad.
She is completely naked.

Which softlocked the game. Probably due to some error.
i had the same prob even with same npc as well

jskil5

May 17, 2016
ok team matches have a fairly consistent crashes after just a few turns log included

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    786.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Man this new patch is taking forever. Just checking in to make sure no one thinks I'm dead or anything :p

Airi is all but done now, pending some scenes that needs to be written.

Spent a bunch of time debugging some issues with her new traits and mara's new stuff from dndw (btw if you read this dndw, order of operations for java's logical || and && operators is left to right D:!)

Additionally, I tweaked some of Cassie's and Jewel's focuses since they seem a bit lackluster now with everyone else's crazy skills.
Cassie got a bit of an change in her level 20 focuses.

Submissive-breast focus got a new trait instead of augmented pheromones. It now gives you Kat's "Rut" trait without the arousal suppressing bonus if you drink her milk.

Enchantress focus got a new trait as well. "Illusionist" gives Cassie bonus Hypnotism attributes equal to half of her Arcane.
Hypnotism got two new skills as well:
1. Imaginary Bonds - basically same old bondage, except it's mental and requires you to be hypnotized first (charmed/lovestruck/drowsy/trance/enthralled).
2. Deepen - applies lovestruck if you are charmed, trance if you are lovestruck, enthralled if you're entranced.

Deepen might be a bit too powerful right now, but we'll see

For Jewel, she just received a bonus to the anal focus line. Mostly, all her traits now applies to facesit as well as receiving anal.
The Ki line now has two more skills:
1. Ki Shout - basically dominate, except has an accuracy and causes pain whether it hits or misses.
2. Pressure Point - applies a debuff to the opponent. If they get stunned (or enthralled/tranced), they orgasm immediately and the debuff is removed. It has a hefty cool down.

Pressure point is pretty strong, but Jewel is pretty weak so I guess I don't feel too bad. Players may end up abusing it though... We'll see how it plays out.

Also the fiery mod has been buffed to inflicting pain each turn just by being inside her. Plus, if the opponent is disabled, it does massively more pleasure damage.

I'm going to hold off on merging dndw's stuff, looks like there needs to be a bit more stabilization that I can't really do right now.

Vicvictorw

Jan 16, 2017
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I've had a long recurring bug with this game and I'm not sure if it has a fix. Very shortly into gameplay, the action buttons at the bottom of the window will corrupt on mouseover and display incorrectly, mirroring either the buttons or the main display's text where a mouseover tooltip would be.

Should I not be using the default Java client?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 19

Vicvictorw

Jan 16, 2017

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 15
  • sys-info.zip
    658 bytes · Views: 4

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@Vicvictorw
There seems to be nothing weird... Your Java is up-to-date and if Windows 10 caused any problems I'm sure someone else would have reported that by now. The only thing I can think of is that your resolution is slightly lower than mine, but that shouldn't matter. Could you try running Newlife (the first Swing-based game I could think of other than Night Games) and see if there's anything weird there? If there is, there's something wrong with your Java installation. I don't think that's likely, though. And if it isn't, I really don't have a clue.

Just to make sure, If anyone else can run the game properly on Windows 10 with a non-full hd resolution, could you please say so?

Vicvictorw

Jan 16, 2017
@Vicvictorw
There seems to be nothing weird... Your Java is up-to-date and if Windows 10 caused any problems I'm sure someone else would have reported that by now. The only thing I can think of is that your resolution is slightly lower than mine, but that shouldn't matter. Could you try running Newlife (the first Swing-based game I could think of other than Night Games) and see if there's anything weird there? If there is, there's something wrong with your Java installation. I don't think that's likely, though. And if it isn't, I really don't have a clue.

Just to make sure, If anyone else can run the game properly on Windows 10 with a non-full hd resolution, could you please say so?

Can confirm that Newlife works just fine- no graphic abnormalities even in long-term play. Odd.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Vicvictorw
That's really weird, not sure what to say :( Almost seems like the window style manager is getting screwed for some reason.

...Shit I had a huge wall of text written then I accidentally closed the window.

Not going to type it all out again, but the gist was that this patch is fucking huge.

The diff stat since the last build:
570 files changed, 11609 insertions(+), 5932 deletions(-)

Obviously this isn't all me alone, but it's still a pretty big number.

Almost done with the changes. I spent today generalizing pussy part to take multiple mods like all the other stuff. This has some interesting implications such as Angel getting a ridiculously overpowered divine succubus pussy when using a succubus draft. Oh well.

Airi is just missing four scenes now. I'll try to get those done before releasing. That should be the last thing I need to work on for this coming patch. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Technicolour

Apr 14, 2016
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I've had a long recurring bug with this game and I'm not sure if it has a fix. Very shortly into gameplay, the action buttons at the bottom of the window will corrupt on mouseover and display incorrectly, mirroring either the buttons or the main display's text where a mouseover tooltip would be.

@Vicvictorw I think have experienced this before. However, the only time it fixed itself is when i created a new save instead of using an older one
I don't know if that's what actually fixed it, though.

Last edited:

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
So Cassie had me in a 69 position, and I was unable to use "Lick Pussy" because she "Pushed my head away" 3 times in a row before I lost since It wouldn't work.
How..?
It is right in my face, and I don't think her arms reach that far back right?
No idea if it helps, but this was my just made new game as a female character.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@ThatOneJester,

Hmm guess it should be guaranteed accuracy unless they can reach your head. Fixed in the next version.

Anyways, it's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time coming, but here's version 2.5.0.rc.1. Please note that your old saves will NOT be compatible. In fact, they'll probably just immediately choke and die :\

I actually wanted to play test this some more, but I think it's at a point where I need some more eyes on it. I think I've put over 50+ hours into this patch already... Refactors all around :/
This one is marked as rc1 because I suspect bugs will be found pretty quickly. I did some play through and fixed what I could, but I bet someone is going to find something within a day of release :D

One more thing, I think all the body mods broke the creator GUI. Sorry about that. I'll hop back and fix it when I get a chance.

https://mega.nz/#!VtARXLrS!y99oVRy6h0ciZhEYNGmXQvmqPdHKTuL8B8h9WwlyGBU

v2.5.0.rc.1
Code:
Quality of Life:
- Colorized more text in the combat window to make it easier to read
- Squashed a few messages together to reduce the amount of text

New:
- Body part modifications have been generalized to other things.
    - Added some new body modification options for most NPCs
        - Cassie now offers arcane lipstick and runic ass tattoos in addition to her old options
        - Reyka now offers devil's ass and demonic mouth options in addition to her old options
        - Angel now offers sacred ass in addition to her old options
        - Jewel now offers molten ass and retraining (reset your levels) in addition to her old options
        - Mara now offers biomech ass and prosthetic mouth upgrades in addition to her old options
    - Body modification options now cost money, but you can now apply more than one mod at once.
        - The $ cost will go up dramatically with more mods.
        - It's currently balanced around having two, maybe three mods at most.
        - The developer will not be held accountable for what happens with more.

- Added a few new start options
    - Added reverse level drain challenge (big thanks to dndw)
        - In this mode, all NPCs will gain the "Level Drainer" trait.
            - This trait makes it so that they will not receive experience normally
            - Instead, every time they make another non-leveldrainer combatant cum while having sex,
             they will steal a level from their victim (limited to once per fight on non-hardmode variants)
            - If they win a match without draining a level, they will automatically do so
            - If you lose a match to a level drainer, you will not get experience for that loss.
    - Added futa and hardmode versions of the reverse level drain challenge

- Added a new match modifier
    - Added Level drain match modifier
        - This has a chance of appearing if you out level the competition by a couple levels
        - It has similar rules to the reverse level drain challenge

- Airi    has been completely revamped (and retconned a bit. Sue me.)
    - She now has new trait focuses.
        - Level 13 focuses consists of slime/stickiness or mimicry.
        - Level 22 focuses consists of replication/cloning or tentacles (developer's note: don't choose hardmode here... oh god)
    - Her traits have also been rebalanced to accommodate this
    - There's a few new scenes for her when she wins before transforming or while disguised.

- Mara has been completely revamped (thanks dndw, you're the best :D)
    - She now has new trait focuses.
        - Level 10 focuses consists of a new harpoon toy or an arsenal of gadgets
        - Level 20 focuses consists of mind control or autonomous robotic arms
    - Her traits have also been rebalanced to accommodate this

- Jewel's anal focus line has been changed a bit. Most of her traits now apply to face sitting as well as anal sex.
    - This is to buff her a bit more vs female characters.
    - She will also get the molten ass mod as a part of this line.
    - Fiery Pussy has been buffed
        - It will now inflict pain every turn in addition to when fucking with it.
        - If the target is stunned, it will gain a heavy bonus to pleasure applied.

- Cassie got a few more changes for her focues.
    - She gets the new Illusionist trait in the enchantress focus, which adds half of her Arcane attribute as hypnotism
    - In her mouth specialization focus, she will no longer have the mouth pussy mod.
        - Instead she will get an extended tongue at 25 and arcane lipstick at 57

- Added ass sizes
    - Currently you can modify them in the body shop
    - This affects your feminity/hotness/bonus seduction/speed a bit currently

Balance/Mechanics changes:
- Struggle/Escape will now pleasure both combatants when used in a sex stance.
- Pole control/Hole control and Tight has been nerfed to be half as effective when in a submissive position
- Ass/Cock/Pussy handler and Anatomical Knowlegdge traits have nerfed to only apply when not in a submissive position
- Kat's feral ignore orgasm has been nerfed. It actually was just coded incorrect, and had an insane chance to ignore orgasms, especially when her animism was low (???)
- Attribute scaling formulas were nerfed a bit

Bug fixes:
- Start options with elevated attributes now will automatically generate levelup data so level draining actually does stuff.
- I can't even remember. It's been too long.
- I know I pulled in some fixes from logosK, so thanks for that

Reactions: Bronzechair

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
One more thing, I think all the body mods broke the creator GUI. Sorry about that.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- Mara has been completely revamped (thanks dndw, you're the best :D)
Awww. Ok. I forgive you.

Seriously though, great job on this. I won't be testing it myself any time soon, seeing as how I have precious little free time at the moment. Things will die down a little soon enough, and then I can get back to work here. This would be a good time to give a status report on where things are right now on my end, I suppose:

Reyka has two focuses up and running (but not balanced): Disabling and Seduction. I listed these earlier and I don't think I deviated from those plans. As always, I'll do a full write-up once the other two are also in.

Team matches work, but I want to add some more stuff before merging them in. I did not end up allowing pet-on-pet stances, and I don't think I will. It can be done, but it would take a lot of time and most likely introduce a host of new bugs, all for a somewhat minor improvement. They can attack each other, though. Any stance changes resulting from those attacks are simply ignored.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
I'm doing a run right now. Here are some quick findings.

EDIT: Found the first gamebreaker.
Jewel enters Engineering: []
Airi enters Dining Hall: []
Bee enters Pool: []
Airi enters Quad: []
Airi enters Engineering: []
Mara enters Pool: []
Mara enters Workshop: [Spring Trap]
Jewel enters Quad: []
Airi enters Workshop: [Spring Trap]
Jewel enters Student Union: [Strip Mine]
java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class nightgames.json.PartModAdapter can not access a member of class nightgames.characters.body.CockMod with modifiers ""
at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at nightgames.json.PartModAdapter.deserialize(PartModAdapter.java:21)
at nightgames.json.PartModAdapter.deserialize(PartModAdapter.java:16)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TreeTypeAdapter.read(TreeTypeAdapter.java:69)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:41)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:82)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:61)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:129)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:220)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:887)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:952)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:925)
at nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart.fromJson(GenericBodyPart.java:202)
at nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart.instance(GenericBodyPart.java:376)
at nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart.applyMod(GenericBodyPart.java:380)
at nightgames.characters.body.Body.updateCurrentParts(Body.java:154)
at nightgames.characters.body.Body.temporaryAddOrReplacePartWithType(Body.java:220)
at nightgames.characters.body.Body.temporaryAddOrReplacePartWithType(Body.java:184)
at nightgames.skills.ToggleSlimeCock.resolve(ToggleSlimeCock.java:67)
at nightgames.characters.Decider.lambda$rateMove$439(Decider.java:394)
at nightgames.characters.Decider.rateActionWithObserver(Decider.java:432)
at nightgames.characters.Decider.rateAction(Decider.java:413)
at nightgames.characters.Decider.rateMove(Decider.java:392)
at nightgames.characters.Decider.prioritizeNew(Decider.java:335)
at nightgames.characters.BasePersonality.act(BasePersonality.java:113)
at nightgames.characters.NPC.act(NPC.java:315)
at nightgames.characters.NPC.act(NPC.java:271)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.pickSkills(Combat.java:836)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:771)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.act(Combat.java:980)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.pickSkills(Combat.java:834)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:768)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.next(Combat.java:1350)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:814)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:809)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:791)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:783)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:775)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.pickSkills(Combat.java:839)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:796)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:804)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:763)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.go(Combat.java:247)
at nightgames.combat.Encounter.battle(Encounter.java:486)
at nightgames.characters.NPC.move(NPC.java:479)
at nightgames.global.Match.round(Match.java:106)
at nightgames.global.Match.resume(Match.java:127)
at nightgames.gui.ActionButton.lambda$new$763(ActionButton.java:18)
at nightgames.gui.RunnableButton.lambda$new$762(RunnableButton.java:15)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
  • "You are straddling Cassie, with your back to her. Cassie uses Struggle. Cassie struggles to gain a more dominant position, but with you straddling her sitting on her chest, there is nothing she can do."
  • Instead of a sex scene, the game says your opponent has leveled up (or nothing at all, if they don't level) after your fight. The attribute points I selected went to me as normal.
  • The text when your opponent asks you to choose their focus doesn't display.
  • The text that says your opponent approaches you immediately prior to a fight doesn't display anymore.
  • When on top in the 69 position you can use Fuck, Slap, Bind, Fondle Breasts, and Strip Top, all of which seem like odd choices, and I'm pretty sure you had much more limited options before. Perhaps its being mistaken for another stance?
  • Riding Crop sometimes hits twice. Is this ever supposed to happen?
  • Minor clothing articles aren't removed when NPCs (and presumably the PC) bathes/showers. It's a bit weird to take a shower with your shoes and socks on. Presumably they also keep the minor articles on after losing a fight, since I've found opponents wandering around naked save for their footwear.
  • "Airi uses Struggle. Airi attempts to twist out of your grip, but you wraps your legs around her waist and digs your heels into her pussy, making her yelp." From the heel grind stance.
    • Your opponent using an energy drink in battle says you open it up and drink it.
    • "Cassie uses Struggle. Cassie tries to peel you off your legs, but you hold on tightly. After thoroughly exhausting her attempts, you smile smugly and gives {self:possesive} clit a victorious little lick." From the Oral Pin stance.
    • "Mara uses Stick Bomb. Mara takes out a small, round device and sticks it onto your chest. Knowing she, it would probably be best to get it off quickly. "
    • Your opponent can use Hand Lock on you when you're Oral Pin-ning them down, which itself is new, and it doesn't block you from using stand up.
    • Mara used Sleight of Hand on me during a nude match. I think I might have had shoes/socks on, which weren't removed since the creation of minor articles of clothing.

Last edited:

7N24

Dec 11, 2016
I tested 2.5.0.rc1 for about 30 minutes before encountering a crash. I had been hiding at the time, and the game froze upon clicking Wait. I believe I was in the Student Union. The game log is unusually verbose, so I've attached the entire thing.

Start: Futanari Time
Sex: Trap
Strength: Dexterous
Weakness: Ass Addict
Exp: Normal
Difficulty: Normal
NPC Bonuses: Off
Level at the time of crash: ~10

Overall, the new build is quite fun. The colorized text definitely makes important areas much more visible. This is also the first build in several releases where the action buttons are not hidden behind each other. Great work.

One thing I did notice, which didn't seem to be in the changelog, is that the Kiss/Deep Kiss action is unavailable while standing. However, it is available while mounted. This is reasonable from a realism standpoint, but I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    392.6 KB · Views: 8

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Ah goddamn, didn't see those somehow.

Will put out a fix tomorrow. Thanks for the reports as always!

Draonir

Jan 16, 2016
One more thing for the Bug List:

- The Faerie Summon (male and female) are somehow bugged (EDIT: is) gamebreaking. You can press those multiple times without happening something, but if you choose afterwards another action you see those are summoned (as often as you pressed the buttons) but those went not into the pet mode. (Im on Arcane 3 right now so i didn't expect those to show up anyway)

Last edited:

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
Haven't had it crash yet but the words disappear sometimes, buttons are still there though so I can keep playing.

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 1

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Here's rc2:
https://mega.nz/#!hpREWZzL!0XHmzblHQqM-lCGd78lrfcl-8w32JUZRcgLQkm7jEH8

I'm finding it pretty difficult to reproduce the text disappearing bug. I'll keep an eye on it for now...

2.5.0.rc.2
Code:
2.5.0.rc.2

Bug fixes:
- fixed some crash bugs relating to body part mods
- fixed start configurations not loading correctly
- fixed a bunch of scene/grammatical errors (thanks bronze chair)

Minor/Balance?/Making things make sense:
- kiss can no longer be used in the neutral position
    - To compensate, it has been buffed slightly
    - This actually was in the last patch, forgot about putting it into the patch notes
- changed submissive hold to only be usable when having sex (you could use it in titfuck pin/oral pin, since now they are considered "inserted")
- changed 69 stance to have the participants not able to "reach top".
- removed facefuck/facesit's "reach top" requirement

Things to look out for:
- I've seen the text disappear at times with no crash. I haven't been able to consistently reproduce it unfortunately.
    - Please try noting what was going on at the time/and or playing with the DEBUG_SCENE option turned on in the debug menu (credits -> debug)
    - much appreciated :D