Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
I tried making my own reverse drain challenge before, and I ran into the issue of there not being any level-up history to deal with. Is there support for starting characters off with auto-generated level history now?

I used to have mid-combat leveling in a stash because it made level drain attacks seem like they actually transfer power instead of just taking it away - and seeing mid-combat level-up notifications of the enemy does show a kind of "well shit". I wonder how hard it is to add - my hack broke at some point, when the pets were added and the fight phases were restructured.

BelloAnatra

Dec 20, 2016
If I could just throw in a small request, would it be possible to get a separate image for 'Pin'? It's sometimes confusing for me to see the image for 'Turn over' when I'm mounting regularly then put them in a pin and vice versa.

Also, are you going to expand bondage any further? It's a fetish of mine, and even handcuffs seem rather weak, and blindfolds don't seem to do anything. IMO blind folds should increase arousal from all sources by a decent amount and drop their accuracy quite a bit. I know you've been working hard on getting traits and focuses in, and you've done quite well on all of them imo. Just curious as to what your plans are for the future (if any) in that regard. Thanks!

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I tried making my own reverse drain challenge before, and I ran into the issue of there not being any level-up history to deal with. Is there support for starting characters off with auto-generated level history now?

I used to have mid-combat leveling in a stash because it made level drain attacks seem like they actually transfer power instead of just taking it away - and seeing mid-combat level-up notifications of the enemy does show a kind of "well shit". I wonder how hard it is to add - my hack broke at some point, when the pets were added and the fight phases were restructured.

No, there is no auto-generated level history. I didn't really think about this, but I guess in RDC when you drop to a level you haven't been before you don't actually lose anything. Might be worthwhile to just take off 2 random attribute points.

Mid-fight leveling sounds good; I don't see why it wouldn't work. You can lose levels in a fight, after all.

If I could just throw in a small request, would it be possible to get a separate image for 'Pin'? It's sometimes confusing for me to see the image for 'Turn over' when I'm mounting regularly then put them in a pin and vice versa.

Also, are you going to expand bondage any further? It's a fetish of mine, and even handcuffs seem rather weak, and blindfolds don't seem to do anything. IMO blind folds should increase arousal from all sources by a decent amount and drop their accuracy quite a bit. I know you've been working hard on getting traits and focuses in, and you've done quite well on all of them imo. Just curious as to what your plans are for the future (if any) in that regard. Thanks!

Adding a new image is no problem, as long as we have a decent replacement. I'll see if I can find something tomorrow, but if you have any suggestions, then please do share.

Adding a bondage-themed starting weakness might be a quick and easy way to expand a bit in that direction. More difficult to escape bindings, increased arousal while bound, that would work. Anything more than that would start to get pretty complex, and given that I am not into bondage personally I don't think I would do a good job. Luckily, we are slowly assembling a small army of contributors here, so maybe someone can pick it up.

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
If the player assists someone in the drain challenge (when playing as the drainer) they get a ton of exp. Was that intentional? (Player.intervene3p)

Also, if the player ambushes someone who's masturbating, they gain xp for this in the drain challenge. I don't know if it will work the other way around too?

Additionally, if you use Dominate, then next turn, your opponent uses Trip and succeeds, Mount prints that it succeeds, but you end up stunned and fallen down anyway.

Defeating someone as the drainer when they are tail sucked causes this:

With Mark defeated, you don't stop your greedy hips, you are deteremined to extract all the power you can get!
Something very weird happened, please make a bug report with the logs.

(There's a typo there, deteremined -> determined)

Something very odd happened during thrust, stance is nightgames.stance.Mount@4dc366e2
{"name":"Riritu","type":"Player","level":1,"rank":0,"xp":0,"money":0,"resources":{"stamina":80.0,"arousal":80.0,"mojo":100.0,"willpower":44.0},"affections":{},"attractions":{"Jewel":2,"Cassie":2,"Mara":4},"attributes":{"Speed":5,"Cunning":3,"Seduction":7,"Power":5,"Perception":5,"Dark":15,"Submissive":5},"outfit":["bra","panties","Tshirt","jeans","socks","sneakers"],"closet":[],"traits":["succubus","leveldrainer","energydrain","spiritphage","powerfulhips","darkpromises"],"body":{"hotness":1.0,"femininity":2.0,"parts":[{"enum":"succubus","class":"nightgames.characters.body.PussyPart"},{"enum":"demonic","class":"nightgames.characters.body.WingsPart"},{"enum":"demonic","class":"nightgames.characters.body.TailPart"},{"enum":"pointed","class":"nightgames.characters.body.EarPart"},{"femininity":2.0,"type":"face","desc":"","prefix":"a ","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":0.0,"pleasure":0.0,"descLong":"","notable":true,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.FacePart"},{"enum":"b","class":"nightgames.characters.body.BreastsPart"},{"type":"hands","desc":"hands","prefix":"","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.0,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart"},{"type":"feet","desc":"feet","prefix":"","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.0,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart"},{"type":"skin","desc":"skin","prefix":"","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.0,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart"},{"size":0.0,"type":"ass","desc":"ass","prefix":"a ","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.2,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.AssPart"},{"type":"mouth","desc":"mouth","prefix":"a ","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.0,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.MouthPart"}]},"inventory":{},"human":true,"flags":{},"levelUps":{"1":{"traitsAdded":["darkpromises"],"traitsRemoved":[],"attributes":{}}},"growth":{"arousal":4.0,"stamina":2.0,"bonusArousal":2.0,"bonusStamina":1.0,"attributes":[2,3,3,3],"bonusAttributes":1,"extraAttributes":0,"willpower":1.0,"bonusWillpower":0.25,"traits":{},"traitPoints":{},"bodyParts":{},"clothing":{}},"addictions":[]}
{"name":"Mark","type":"Mara","level":7,"rank":0,"xp":18,"money":0,"resources":{"stamina":116.0,"arousal":152.0,"mojo":120.0,"willpower":58.0},"affections":{},"attractions":{"Player":2,"Cassie":3},"attributes":{"Speed":5,"Cunning":24,"Seduction":14,"Power":16,"Perception":6},"outfit":["Tshirt","boxers","jeans","socks","sneakers"],"closet":["boxers","sneakers","socks","Tshirt","jeans"],"traits":["dexterous","insertion","polecontrol","silvertongue","petite","ticklish","cautious","freeSpirit"],"body":{"hotness":1.0,"femininity":-2.0,"parts":[{"femininity":1.1,"type":"face","desc":"","prefix":"a ","hotness":0.1,"sensitivity":0.0,"pleasure":0.0,"descLong":"","notable":true,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.FacePart"},{"enum":"average","class":"nightgames.characters.body.BasicCockPart"},{"type":"balls","desc":"balls","prefix":"","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.5,"pleasure":1.0,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart"},{"enum":"flat","class":"nightgames.characters.body.BreastsPart"},{"type":"hands","desc":"hands","prefix":"","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.0,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart"},{"type":"feet","desc":"feet","prefix":"","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.0,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart"},{"type":"skin","desc":"skin","prefix":"","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.0,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart"},{"size":0.0,"type":"ass","desc":"ass","prefix":"a ","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.2,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.AssPart"},{"type":"mouth","desc":"mouth","prefix":"a ","hotness":0.0,"sensitivity":1.0,"pleasure":1.0,"descLong":"","notable":false,"class":"nightgames.characters.body.MouthPart"},{"enum":"normal","class":"nightgames.characters.body.EarPart"}]},"inventory":{"CassieTrophy":1,"PlayerTrophy":1},"human":false,"flags":{},"levelUps":{"6":{"traitsAdded":["petite","cautious","freeSpirit","ticklish"],"traitsRemoved":["limbTraining1"],"attributes":{"Cunning":5,"Seduction":4,"Power":6}},"7":{"traitsAdded":[],"traitsRemoved":[],"attributes":{"Cunning":3}}},"growth":{"arousal":4.0,"stamina":2.0,"bonusArousal":2.0,"bonusStamina":1.0,"attributes":[3,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4],"bonusAttributes":1,"extraAttributes":0,"willpower":1.0,"bonusWillpower":0.25,"traits":{"0":["petite","dexterous","ticklish"],"33":["defthands"],"3":["cautious"],"36":["toymaster"],"6":["freeSpirit"],"39":["calm"],"9":["limbTraining1"],"42":["nimbletoes"],"12":["dickhandler"],"45":["dickhandler"],"15":["sexTraining1"],"48":["skeptical"],"18":["pussyhandler"],"51":["desensitized2"],"21":["tongueTraining1"],"24":["limbTraining2"],"27":["tight"],"30":["limbTraining3"]},"traitPoints":{},"bodyParts":{},"clothing":{}}}

I think this issue is because tail sucked is being seen as "having sex" because it occupies the penis when in fact it doesn't count.

... actually it also breaks if you're in any other stance (such as just plain sitting on top of them, prodding their chest till they cum)

... I think they're two separate bugs, though.

First, I think this

if (!getStance().havingSex(this) && !getStance().dom(drainer)) {

Combat::determineNextPostCombatPhase

should be

if (!getStance().havingSex(this) || !getStance().dom(drainer)) {

Though I'm not sure, because if I do that...

"With Casey defeated, you climb on top of her and inserts her cock into yourself."

It seems like the pronouns go wrong somehow.

It does seem to work after that, with the few typos here and there.

your succubus slit contracts around Casey's average-sized cock, reinforcing her orgasm and drawing upon her very strength and experience. Once it's over, youare left considerably more powerful, at Casey's expense.
Casey lost a level!

- Missing capital at the start
- youare is missing a space

Last edited:

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks for the report @Pim_gd, I fixed most of that as well as some drain challenge specific stuff.

Btw after trying to play-test some more, @dndw, I'm kind of leaning against making any more addiction focused specializations. It feels very all or nothing to me, plus it just doesn't do anything vs the NPCs, so she gets a pretty huge disadvantage.

I think it's okay as is for Mara, but for Reyka corruption might not be the best focus. Maybe change it to something like demonology? You can stick corrupting in there, with some other stuff that upgrades dark abilities maybe.

Some ideas:
- some kind of trait that upgrades spawn imp to spawn lesser incubus/succubus?
- have tempt/whisper/dominate trigger a Command?
- automatically summon an imp/succubus when draining enough attributes/stamina?
- summon a corrupted onahole/dildo that acts like a succubus pussy/incubus cock?
- add a skill that replaces the opponent's genitals with corrupted variants that suppress the original effects and have some kind of negative when using it?
- voodoo skill that creates phantom genitals that she can tease while not in a stance?

Some of them could even add additional corruption, but I want to make sure the traits are something that isn't player-centric if at all possible.

Anyhoo, almost finished up Airi. Just the last specialization left...

I changed the parasitism focus into a slime focus. Mostly because having an entire focus based on one status effect feels kind of odd.

Volatile Substrate - Makes it so whenever you make contact with her, she leaves some of her slime on you (adds the slimed status). Slime skills/upgraded skills will leave more stacks than normal.
Parasitic Bond - While slimed, it drains some stamina as mojo for her every turn
Petrifying Polymers - After reaching the maximum number of Slimed stacks possible, you are plasticized. This is a new status effect that works like a very long stun that does not prevent pleasure/temptation like a normal stun. Generally if you get plasticized, you'll probably lose the fight, so you'll want to manage your slime stacks relatively carefully.
Enduring Adhesive - Slimed status lasts longer

The transformation line got reworked a bit too. It now focuses more on mimicry than straight up transformation.

Imposter - Still works the same way as before. Mimicry skills are now locked behind this trait, so she wont be copying other characters without taking this focus.
- Moreover, Imposter will allow Airi to use the out of combat action "Disguise". This makes her transform into another NPC competitor in the match. She copy everything about the target: same name, same lines, same body, same attributes, and same traits.
- The disguise is only revealed when she cums, or when the combat ends. If the disguise is broken by her orgasming, it will leave you flatfooted for 2 turns and she'll instantly shift into slime form.
Unstable Genome - Still works the same way, upon any kind of transformation, she will gain some attributes at random.
The Prestige - Upon unveiling a disguise, if you're close to her (eg not standing over or in a neutral stance), she will instantly engulf you. So be careful who your opponent actually is :D.
Masquerade - Imposter will gain extra attributes and Mimicry will gain bonus traits

The Slime Queen specialization is still relatively similar to the original idea and is focused on generating clones.

Slime Royalty - Unlocks the Divide skill. This uses some mojo to create a weak version of herself (at half her level)
Rapid Meiosis - If she receives or gives cum in a sex stance, it will instantly impregnate the receiver with a clone (basically summoning a Division)
+ Slime focus:
Sticky Finale - Clones explode when they are destroyed, covering the opponent with slime.
+ Mimicry focus: (haven't done this one yet, just a tentative idea so far)
Mimic Body Part - Clones can use a skill that destroys themselves but either TFs the opponent into a hermaphrodite or replaces their genitals with a slime parasite version of it. I'll probably leave this one configurable.
- TF version will add a slime parasite cock to you if you don't have a cock, or slime parasite breasts + slime parasite pussy if you don't have them. The parasited version will be extremely sensitive, and drain a bit of stamina every turn.
- Normal version will just transform your existing genitals to the slime parasite version.
Hive Mind - When orgasming, a clone will orgasm instead, destroying it. If there is overflow arousal, it can destroy more than one clone if she has them. Airi will not lose willpower for the arousal spent on the clones.
Noblesse Oblige - Divisions are a bit stronger

This line feels a bit too powerful right now though, so I'll have to see what I can do to nerf it a bit. Lots of the time it ends up being that Airi generates 2-3 clones, which begins to orgasm lock you down, so you can't do any actions because they make you cum every turn before you can even act. What makes it worse is that half the time, this is while you're fucking her, which spawns even more slimes every time.

For the last specialization though... I'm not too sure about it.

I'm not actually sure I want to try implementing the slime carrier. It's a bit... difficult :D. I'm trying to think of another path to go here. I like logicalkink's suggestion, but the adhesive focus kind of got rolled into the slime focus when I changed it from the parasitism focus so I don't really want to do that one. And acidity focus... feels kind of weird to me. Do you really want to stick your dick into acid...? I kind of like the idea of a pure-human focus, but that kind of makes the first focus trait line kind of weird if she's no longer a slime, especially if it's the slime focus.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@nergantre
I agree with your point on addiction-based focuses, but wasn't it your idea to shift addiction into them so people wouldn't have to deal with them if they don't want to?
Anyway, your suggestions for a replacement seem fine, personally I was leaning more towards a pet-focused build. I haven't worked it out in detail, though. Summoning extremely vulnerable genitals onto people sounds like fun, too, though... But that's basically what Mimic Body Part seems to do. On that topic, Airi's upgrade looks really good. For a final idea, maybe try something like Slime Manipulation:
Thousand Pinpricks - Create a bunch of tiny tentacles to distract (and tempt?) the opponent to get an advantageous position.
Slippery Slope - Spread slime out on the floor. Lasts a few turns. Every turn do a Speed check to see if the opponent slips and falls. Make getting up more difficult as well.
??? - At the cost of some willpower (10%?), turn any dominant position into Engulfed. At a higher cost (20%?), do the same for submissive positions. Basically, temporarily reduce the consistency of Airi's slime to let the opponent sink inside.
With Slime focus: Remote Manipulation - Built-up slime now causes temptation per turn because it vibrates. Maybe it can (also) dissolve clothing?
With Mimicry: Slime Sculptor - Create a slimy clone of another combatant to fight as a pet. (Maybe this is too similar to Angel?)

Edit: Here's a fun bug I just found. You only get your bonus payment for accepting handicaps if you win the match:
Code:
int bonus = score.get(player) * condition.bonus();
>>>>winner<<<<.modMoney(bonus);
if (bonus > 0) {
    Global.gui().message("You earned an additional $" + bonus + " for accepting the handicap.");
}
That only took us, what, two years to discover?

Last edited:

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
@nergantre
  • What is the maximum number of slime stacks, and what can you do to manage/reduce these stacks? I assume you wait and they fall off over time, but almost every skill makes contact with your opponent, so the balance here seems precarious if that's the only way.
  • Airi transforming her opponent with her slime is interesting, but have you considered how it interacts with Stable Form?
  • What skills would pure human Airi have? Her background says she's a biology major or something, right? Maybe you could cannibalize Rosea and her Bio skillset, if she's still sitting around half-finished somewhere.
  • Doesn't Airi have super high Willpower as a nod to that time she had 500 for testing? Does this interact ok with Hive Mind?

For the final branch...
  • Maybe a stealthy trap-focused build that litters minor slime traps everywhere to nickle and dime opponents (and provide bonuses to Airi during battles in those locations?) and sometimes those item drops or even the resupply stashes could really be Airi playing mimic with a powerful opening trap/ambush.
  • A build that lets her transform her opponent's clothing into/create slime clothing with detrimental effects. Lots of creative opportunity here.
  • High-risk, high-reward milking build that sees Airi attempt to immobilize and massively overflow her opponent's arousal with slimy edging to one-shot all their willpower? Milking seems like a slimegirl thing.
  • Very resilient slime build focused on tanking/reflecting/flowing around incoming attacks to frustrate Power-heavy builds. You could also apply to physical arousal stuff if that's too specific, but what I'd probably do is have the slime focus apply Slimed stacks when you do pleasure-based skills under the pretense that you make lingering contact when kissing or fondling someone (giving the slime time to creep to its new owner), but not when slapping or kicking them, and then have this advanced style provide an effective defense against physical attacks so as to encourage the opponent to engage Airi with pleasure attacks.
  • Offensive breath control flavored build with heavy emphasis on smothering/suffocation attacks and heavy-duty positional dominance for slow and steady wearing down of opponents.
  • Airi grows large and forms a slime prison around opponent that slowly collapses inward, turning the battle into a race against time to break free before it's too late? Kind of overlaps with the slime build though, and it would probably be pretty awkward with the regular mechanics. More of an idea for Final Boss Airi than anything, I guess.
  • Um... tentacles. Everything is tentacles. Kind of a Dark/Fetish thing, but just throwing it out there.

Draonir

Jan 16, 2016
@nergantre

For the final Specialization. Slime Monster have beside the themes we already have also water and healing ones. This could use for example with fluids that change the body from inside if drunken or some powerful water based traps (thinking of "tsunami of love" ;)).

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I thought it would be a nice side project to see how far we could take the idea of new match types (and fix FTC while I'm at it). Turns out it can go pretty far, and without too much trouble.
I've adapted and added stuff so we can now 'easily' add new matches which:
  • Have fully customizable pre-match and post-match scenes and effects.
  • Can have their own map (but don't need to).
  • Can supply their own Encounter type. (Want something special to happen when you stumble upon someone in a particular area? Maybe some trap acts differently if it's set up in the Dorms?)
  • Can have a custom scoring system. (Well, still some work to be done here, if I'm being honest. Won't be too difficult, though.)
  • Have lots of hooks to allow special code to run at predetermined points in the match. (Before every turn, after X's turn, right before the match starts, etc.)
  • Can define a list of CombatListeners, which have lots of hooks to help detect basically anything which can happen in combat. Want people to score points for giving orgasms with their mouth? Get a point deduction for voluntarily getting out of a dominant position? Automatically switch to the Neutral position before every turn (for some reason)? You can do any of these, and basically anything else as well.
Now, I hope I haven't given the impression that this all has a JSON interface. It doesn't. But it does make coding new matches very easy, as long as you have a good idea for one. Which I don't really do, sadly.
So if anyone does have a good idea for a new match type, I'm all ears. Like I said, you can define a new game world, apply pretty much any new rules, probably even swap combatants during the match. If not, well, at least the match code is a tad cleaner now. It really needed some cleaning.

Have a look, if you'd like one: https://github.com/dndw/nightgamesmod/commits/really-custom-matches

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Typing from my phone atm, can't see the link. So let me suggest maybe a few...

How about Juggernaut-style matches? Normal points per win, 2 or 3 per win vs a Juggernaut, Juggernaut is obtained by being score leader, but you get a constant beacon (?) giving away your position, and a constant arousal DoT like the vibrating cock ring, and...maybe inability to resupply? It's awfully close to FTC though in spirit, perhaps. Also programming AI to actively hunt, or realise they can't fight the one 5lvls above them...

Team battles are also something... but is heavily biased on current levels. Pity the underlevelled Jewel...

Checkpoint racing and King of the Hill combined?Location announced, players must race then hold for 4-5 turns without loss? Longer to allow resupply, threesome scenes are not allowed to actually give fair fights and not just have a One Trait Rules Them All situation...

Hunting partners vs Super NPC? Higher players partner with lower players to hunt for, say, Maya? Maya can use Hypnosis to force partner to join her side for a few brief turns at a time, to level the playing field, and remaining under insertion forces the forced player to remain under hypnosis (might be too strong).

What could also be interesting is forced blindfolds, and have all players "stumble" around, perhaps a permanently oiled area, and fight. Blindfolded. Includes Exploring body...to actually determine what you can do. Threesome encounters can work...but main opponents will be Ines with more speed or the first to find each other. The third player will act as a pet...but this might need more coding as now you may have to think about sub-pets (Yep, find Airi, Angel pet, summons a follower, foursome ensues).

OR just give the player a challenge for permanent blindfold... or some kind of blindfold that shows the environment...but not the opponents. So it's as if you're fighting blind (And Airi mind-fuckery ensues with Mimicry).

Perhaps a regular match with environmental twists - the water is laced with strong(er) aphrodisiac (Pool, Shower, Laundry room?!).
Quad will announce any players within the area.
Engineering/Chemistry lab/Workshop is a trap area: has numerous traps already set up, randomised (perhaps 3 checks, can only trigger twice until you leave the group of areas, re-entering the group of areas reset trap checks).
Library increases trap efficiency in the area, and increase Hiding ability.
Liberal Arts always has a gold challenge letter, should you not have an active uncompleted challenge.
Dining Area, Kitchen, I can't think of anything except increased mouth/tongue attacks. Yep.
Tunnels drains stamina severely as you go through it?

Or, we can go and give matches for fun when we get rid of Willpower, like in the base game. Just drain willpower to 0. But then those willpower bugs might visit again...

Jesus, a long post. Ideas galore...

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Bronzechair
Maximum stacks is 25 right now, but I'm still trying to figure out a good balance there. It used to be at 50, and I literally never got plasticized ever, even if I tried. Slime stacks doesn't last too long (4 turns without adhesive, 6 with, but I'm thinking of making this even lower to 2/3), so it should start falling off as long as you can manage to get away for a bit.

Also, if you are slimed, you get access to a "shake off" skill that removes 10 stacks at a time. It's not too difficult to not get plasticized, but the slimed status effect also drains your speed as well, so it's not completely useless

AFAIK stable form doesn't prevent transformation, it just prevents permanent transformation. Or at least that's how I coded it up a while ago. Maybe that changed since then?

Her willpower is higher than normal but at most it's like 2x normal not something ridiculous anymore. Plus, you have to remember that she doesn't come in slime form all the time, so her willpower is going to really start at 60% or so once the fight actually starts.
I feel like hivemind is relatively ok, because the clones destroy themselves pretty fast, so it actually doesn't trigger as much as you'd expect. I'll watch this space though.

I'm honestly not sure what pure human Airi would do. Maybe use some of the medical skills that never got implemented into legion's old NPC? Maybe some bio skills like you said? Dunno. I just feel that it wouldn't work well with either of the level 10 focuses, since slime focus assumes that she's a slime and mimicry focus makes her instantly turn into a slime if she's disguised.

For the other suggestions, I like a lot of the ideas, but it feels difficult to extract a theme from them. It feels more like separate skills that she can just get normally...? Tentacles might work, but as you said it could be a bit uninspired...

I like the idea of mimicking objects though, it would be hilarious to open a box and find Airi instead of items, or resupply and find Airi instead. Maybe if you aren't careful and resupply with a camouflaged Airi, you can accidentally put her on as clothing, leading to some fun.

@Draonir
A body fluid build could be interesting... maybe have all her body parts use slime as a "body fluid" and have it do weird things to the opponent? hmm...

@dndw
Nice, the match was always a bit weird. It'd be nice to undisable FTC after all this time.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@ScarredEyes

I like the Juggernaught and King of the Hill ideas. They are quite similar, though, so I'm going to go with one of those at first.

Team matches should be possible, in a way. I could set up two or three teams with a captain in each. The captain is the main combatant, the other(s) act as pets. Out of combat, the team members follow the captain around and maybe give them items or something. 'Take the edge off' if the leader should leave a fight with high arousal. The player would always be a captain, since they cannot be a pet. Actually, I think I might do this first. Sounds like fun.

Permanent blindfold would also be nice, especially if we could leverage the new Impostor mechanics to hide who you are fighting against.

A 'Classic Mode' without Willpower would be perfectly possible with the new mechanics. I won't be making it right away, but maybe at some point.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@dndw, is your branch stable enough for merging? If so I'll try pulling it in. Might be annoying to merge if I end up refactoring a lot of stuff again.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@dndw, is your branch stable enough for merging? If so I'll try pulling it in. Might be annoying to merge if I end up refactoring a lot of stuff again.
My master branch is up-to-date with yours, and the new one is fully mergeable right now. The new match system looks like it works fine, but I haven't had the time to test it extensively. If you're getting ready to get a build out this weekend (I believe you've mentioned doing so), I'd suggest to wait until after you do so. If there are any weird merging issues then, I'll take care of them.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
I had an idea for a more dungeony type of match where one player goes through a linear path (or not so linear with twists and turns and traps) and has to beat multiple opponents in succession to reach a goal, so a sort of boss-rush type of match.

Another idea would be 1 vs 1 match types vs certain characters with a matchroom layout that plays into their strengths (a large body of water you have to swim through vs. Airi where she gets bonuses in combat; or a house with lots of traps set by Mara which only trigger when you walk into them; a sex shop where Angels friends run around and give you penalties when you encounter them; and so on)

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
@MutoKuchoma

I like your idea of 1vs1 matches. Perhaps some kind of Gauntlet or Takeshi's Castle-like gameplay (last round...Maya:"SURPRISE!!!"). They could also be amazing daytime scenes instead of night games - perhaps minigames you might want to play with your preferred person. Or even as Affection gates, where passing such checks would grant access to next levels of Affection. Perhaps even working towards endgame...but Silver Bard would probably have ideas about that.

Speaking of which, excited for his future work.

@dndw

The only concern I have with team matches is with level disparity. You're always going to have some disparity, and I'd go as far as saying that's a Jewel(tm) guarantee... Also, how to deal with pets of pets? Will Angel be able to summon pets? Will this mode hit her hard if she follows the Followers aspect?

As for team fights, I was under the impression there's only 5 players per match? Will you...increase number of players at that time? (If Airi is planned to be behind a gate later, this may not work, lack of players)
...2v2? Score leader is constantly penalized somehow (arousal over time, irrespective of Calm? Perhaps increased sensitivity would allow more interactions between partners - she can take the edge off),
...Make 2v3? You'll require foursome scenes...as if three wasn't enough...,
...you could work with recruiting followers. But the rules behind such a mode would be messy, since fairness is hard to get...

Either way, will definitely look forward to this if you go through with it.

It would be interesting if Angel could actually summon you, especially in her Hard Mode. As if you had a choice. You'd get nerfed during that match, get stripped naked, will fully materialise if you win, will give away a point and return to your original spot if you lose. Or even assault Angel instead, but that wouldn't make as much sense.

Also, a game mode could be gaining one or two followers during a match. A follower is gained by beating them. However, the twist is...the follower helps the enemy during a fight. Say I walk into Dorms, and beat Angel. Angel follows me, and in Quad, I meet Cassie. Suddenly, as soon as Cassie fights, Angel fights on her side. Your followers last for one or two orgasms in case she inserts. If I somehow beat Cassie, I gain both as followers (max 2). If you lose, your follower walks away. You can reduce number of followers to one to avoid foursome fights. Turn restrictions can be arranged, and fleeing invalid, to force fights instead of hiding. Since that holds back your follower too. Maybe after three/fiur turns, she gets a point, teases you for 10 minutes, and any opponent can have an easy time taking care of you.

We can take that mode one step further. Only YOU can gain followers, and everyone else can work to free each other from your evil grop---grasp.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@nergantre Uhmmm, no. Oops.

@ScarredEyes
I'm going to pair up the strongest combatant to the weakest and the second strongest to the second weakest (etc?). Pets don't get to have pets of their own, so that will be a disadvantage for a follower-focused Angel. The captains will be allowed to summon pets (probably). I shudder to think what will happen with Angel's followers or Airi's clones if that happens. Battle Royale, probably.
If there are four or five competitors, it's going to be 2v2, with the fifth kicked out. If there are six, I'm still deciding whether to do 3v3 or 2v2v2. Something like 3v3v3 should also not be as big of an issue as it might seem, as that still means there are only three 'main' competitors. On that note, team matches will probably take place on a reduced map and will not use the mercy system. Instead, there will be an X-minute time out after each fight. Probably no traps either, and certainly no 'two teams gang up one a third' shenanigans.

I'm taking notes of all these ideas, but when I said it would be easy to add new match types, I didn't mean it would be feasible to do one every day. Slow down already!

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
I sometimes have a poor memory of ideas, so I'll say the ideas while I still can, and let the thread act as an idea repository.

Speaking of repositories, I remember reading a short story from LostBoy's website, branching out from ASSTR.org. It was a story similar to the fighting in this game - a man was forced to fight in a ring like MMA vs a woman, and they were both transformed sexually. It was heavily in the woman's favour, since his modification was to make it easier to cum after the first...until he dies. Very similar to Animism's Feral mode. Guess we can't use the idea of increased sensitivitY after cumming as a separate game mode, favours Animism users too much.

That said... *gasp* You can't do an idea a day? (Puppy eyes) A JSON a day keeps the doctor away. Thanks for all your work.

Draonir

Jan 16, 2016
@nergantre

Well im thinking about something like blood bending from the avatar series. But instead of blood the body fluids you are forced to drink

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@nergantre
Are you strongly opposed to 'pets' fighting each other? 3v3 fights are pretty fun, but less so when only the two captains get attacked. It's a little buggy still, but all in all much simpler than I had expected. Now if only pets could get each other into positions...

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@dndw

It'd be nice if they could fight each other, but there's some really funky stuff that can happen when they do. Stances in particular. You'd have to restrict what happens very carefully.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
The easy option would be to simply block side characters from getting into stances with each other. That's trivial. It would lead to some weirdness where the text would say something like 'Angel knocked Jewel' down, when that is not actually the case. Good for a quick-and-dirty solution. I don't think it would be too hard to adapt the stance system to allow multiple stances, the problems begin to arise when adapting the current code to that new system. That said, it can hardly be worse than spectator mode. We'll see what comes of this.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
I kind of want to reduce the number of half implemented stuff in the game if at all possible. There's a lot of stuff that was added in a quick and dirty way, and makes adding new content difficult. I know I'm pretty guilty of this :\

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Hmm so I might get to release the new build I wanted to do today. The reason being that I wanted to add in some of the ass changes that's been sitting in a branch for a while. While I was at it, I thought that I may as well make asses able to be modded the same way as other genitals. Then I realized it wouldn't be too difficult changing stuff around so you could mod *all* body parts. Multiple times. I have to admit though, after you use 2+ mods, it's gets much less erotic and way more comedic:

You are standing over Mara, who is helpless on the ground.

You are only wearing a pair of sneakers while your chest and crotch are clearly visible.
You don't feel quite ready to get all hot and heavy yet.

Mara is short and slender, with a small heart shaped face. She has dark skin, and short, curly black hair. Her size and cute features make her look a few years younger than she actually is, and she wears a near constant playful smile. She's far from physically intimidating, but her sharp eyes reveal her exceptional intellect.

She has an almost boyish face full of expression. A womanly slit is nested between Mara's legs. A average-sized girl-cock hangs between Mara's legs. B Cup boobs adorn Mara's chest. Overall, her half-naked figure is quite attractive, although not particularly outstanding in any regard. (1.8)

Mara is wary of you.

Mara is wearing a T-shirt but her crotch is clearly visible.
She is also wearing a pair of boots.
She does not seem particularly passionate yet.

You use Oral Pin.
You bow Mara over, and settle your head between her legs.
You suck on Mara flaccid little penis until it grows into an intimidating large erection.
Plugging her girl-cock into your fiery divine arcane cybernetic gooey succubus plant mouth leaves her gasping from the heat.
Mara was hurt for 20
Mara has calmed down by 6
Your tattoos surrounding your mouth light up with arcane energy as Mara is inside you, channeling some of her energies back to its master.
Mara was drained of 5 mojo by you
Your hot flesh kneads her average-sized girl-shaft as you suck her, drawing gouts of life energy out of her girl-phallus, which is greedily absorbed by your fiery divine arcane cybernetic gooey succubus plant mouth.
Mara was drained of 10 stamina by you
Mara's average-sized girl-dick was pleasured by your fiery divine arcane cybernetic gooey succubus plant mouth for 125 base:17.0 (17.0) x multiplier: 7.34 (1 + sen:0.1 + ple:4.2 + per:2.0 + stage:0.00 )

Mara tenses up as her hips wildly buck against you. In no time, her hot seed spills into your pulsing hole.
45 arousal overflow
Your fiery divine arcane cybernetic gooey succubus plant mouth clenches down hard on Mara's girl-phallus. The suction is so strong that the cum leaves the shaft in a constant flow rather than spurts. When her orgasm is over, Mara is much more drained of cum than usual.
Mara lost 10 willpower.
Mara lost 25+13 (38) willpower.
"Aw man, that one didn't count! Come on, let's go, I'll fuck your brains out!"

You spent 5 mojo.

The small rough fibery filaments inside your flower mouth wrap around Mara's cock. A profound exhaustion settles on her, as Mara feels your insidious flower leeching her strength.
Mara was drained of 20 stamina as 25 mojo by you
Mara lost 5 willpower.
The slimy filaments inside your fiery divine arcane cybernetic gooey succubus plant mouth constantly massage her average-sized girl-shaft, filling every inch of it with pleasure.
Plugging her girl-phallus into your fiery divine arcane cybernetic gooey succubus plant mouth leaves her gasping from the heat.
Mara was hurt for 20
Mara has calmed down by 6
Your tattoos surrounding your mouth light up with arcane energy as Mara is inside you, channeling some of her energies back to its master.
Your hot flesh kneads her girl-dick as you suck her, drawing gouts of life energy out of her girl-dick, which is greedily absorbed by your fiery divine arcane cybernetic gooey succubus plant mouth.
Mara's average-sized girl-cock was pleasured by your fiery divine arcane cybernetic gooey succubus plant mouth for 58 base:7.0 (7.0) x multiplier: 8.34 (1 + sen:0.1 + ple:4.2 + per:2.0 )
Mara was healed for 1
You were healed for 1

On the plus side though, in the coming build, you should be able to modify your ass size (doesn't do too much right now other than add a bit of bonus seduction and hotness while decreasing some speed), as well as apply the some of the same mods that the girls get for their class genitals.

Theoretically you could apply the same ones to other parts of the body suck as your hands and mouths, but I haven't come up with a system to do that in game yet. Plus it's pretty overpowered on your hands:

You use Finger.
You locate Mara's clitoris and caress it directly, causing her to tremble from the powerful stimulation.
Your tattoos surrounding your hands light up with arcane energy as you touch her, channeling some of her energies back to its master.
As your hands touch her, you draw large gouts of life energy out of her vagina, which is greedily absorbed by your trained arcane succubus hands.
Mara's Seduction is now sapped.
Your Seduction is now augmented.

Mara's slit was pleasured by your trained arcane succubus hands for 58 base:17.0 (17.0) x multiplier: 3.39 (1 + sen:-0.5 + ple:0.8 + per:2.1 + stage:0.00 )

Mara shudders as you bring her to a toe-curling climax.
32 arousal overflow
Mara lost 25+10 (35) willpower.
"No fair! I'll get you next time!"

As to Airi's last focus, I ended up just making it tentacles. It's a bit boring, but I can take advantage of Mara's Robo arm framework to add some stuff pretty easily.

Probably going to add these tentacles:

Injector
- Applies Aphrodisiac, Hyper Sensitive, Lactation, and grows cocks/breasts at random
Clinger
- Binds the opponent and slowly drags them into being engulfed while bound
Impaler
- Functions like a cock
Sucker
- Functions like a pussy/mouth

With Slime focus:
Squirter
- Applies Oiled, and throws Slime

With Mimicry focus:
No bonus tentacle types, but Impaler and Sucker can get random cock/hole mods

With Slime Queen focus (yes hardmode only):
Birther
- Implants slime eggs that turn into clones after a few turns.

Last edited:

7N24

Dec 11, 2016
@nergantre
The wiki is ready. I have a lot of minor changes that need to be made over the week, but nothing important enough to delay the launch any further. You can access the wiki at wiki.nightgamesmod.com (The base domain will also take you to the wiki).

Detailed Wiki Information:
Registration
I need to manually edit the wording on the registration page to reflect the wiki's actual configuration. But for now, go by this:
  • Username: A single word composed of letters and/or numbers, all lowercase.
  • Password: No restrictions that I'm aware of.
  • Real Name: This is the name visible to others on the wiki, and it may contain spaces and capitalization. Please do not use your real name (unless you actually want to).
  • E-Mail: The server is not setup to send email. You can enter anything you want here ('my@email' is perfectly valid). No confirmation emails are sent, and there is no benefit to entering a valid email here.
  • There is a hidden captcha that is automatically filled by your browser via JavaScript. This limits bot registrations. If you normally have JS disabled, it must be enabled to register. The captcha is not used beyond this page.
Wiki Usage
The wiki is running a modified version of DokuWiki. The full manual is available Here, though people that have used other wikis may only be interested in its Syntax and Namespaces. No analytics services are being used on the wiki.

The wiki has no terms of service nor a code of conduct. You may upload anything related to the project on the wiki, including (legal) adult content without restriction.

The wiki was tested on a desktop. I have no idea how it looks or performs on mobiles.

Security
The web server's TLS setup is very secure, which also means it is a bit restrictive for older browsers by nature. If you are running the latest (or a recent) version of your browser, you can ignore this. For those using older browsers or mobile devices, the oldest compatible clients are:
  • Firefox 27
  • Chrome 30
  • IE 11 on Windows 7
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Opera 17
  • Safari 9
  • Android 5.0
  • Java 8
If your browser cannot access the wiki, please let me know. If the security configuration is the cause, I can loosen it a bit.

Support
For wiki related help and questions, I am available both here, and by email at sysadmin at nightgamesmod.com.

When required, extended server maintenance will be done during the evenings on Saturday and/or Sunday (US TZ). The wiki may occasionally need to be offline briefly during this time.

Feel free to let me know if you want to host any other services on the server.

Reactions: nergantre

Vintrion

Sep 15, 2015
Ass Size and morph mods to all body-parts
On Ass; Yes, having over have-not being acknowledged within the game's code with perhaps a few status descriptors is fine. Mentioned already; You can still add a Muscle mod later for asses to change Pliant/Jiggly to Firm/Bubble later and change mechanics instead of adding more sizes that only variate stats. Just one more small thing since it now exists; increase ass to 'Big' on the Trap start option. I still want that ass-pussy alternative, even if all it will be is raw stats.

On morphs; That's some freshly painted hell. I didn't even think about the unintended effects of just roughly applying effects to limbs, just that once you've added effects to ass; other tertiary body-parts would then be open-game for modification like a domino effect. Even if you hadn't gone through this yourself; tit morphs would've inevitably been the next requested feature.

Last edited:

LogicalKink

Jan 7, 2016
Pets don't get to have pets of their own, so that will be a disadvantage for a follower-focused Angel.
Can't you just have Angel's summoning mechanic check if she's a pet, and if so summon who she would be summoning as her pet instead as a pet for whoever's pet she is?

If there are four or five competitors, it's going to be 2v2, with the fifth kicked out.
How about if there are 5 competitors, change it to two teams of two and Angel and one of her friends (could make sense even without follower focus)?
And if there's no Angel, then someone else with permasummoned pets? E.g. Cassie with two automatically summoned faeries or an automatically summoned fairy with 1.5x normal level?

When I first tried running a build with Mara's octo-arm focus, I got a null exception if Mara's arms had no legal actions. I added a check for that, but it is an issue for balance- I think the arms really should have a weak backup skill if their normal skill isn't applicable (I just pushed a commit with a simple version).

Maybe tentacle Airi should get something that interacts with engulf? Bonus accuracy/effect for tentacle attacks even beyond the dom bonus maybe? Different description?

And acidity focus... feels kind of weird to me. Do you really want to stick your dick into acid...?
Eh, there's already a dissolve skill, engulf disolves clothes, and slime cock dissolves panties. It's already in the game, though maybe a different name would be better. If it's already there that makes it not quite right for a focus though- maybe a chemistry focus as a third options somewhere once all the two-focus pairs are done?

I have to admit though, after you use 2+ mods, it's gets much less erotic and way more comedic:
Maybe cap it at one, or cap at two but have a significant sensitivity cost for adding a second?
Plus it's pretty overpowered on your hands:
Hmmm... right now the body part type counter/matchup system is all in pussypart... if that is made to work with every mod location, then just making it so that hands have reduced effects, but amplified effects when countered might balance out some of that OPness (the effects of the mod would have to be filtered through the body part).

Vintrion

Sep 15, 2015
Having soft-caps for Mods and then applying a limited amount on characters to indivualize them sounds nice, but be sure to include a warning for excessively applying the morph mods for parts a PC never uses.

If you want to get technical, Girls have had to deal with convenient clothes-not-hair acids for years, and is often used as a lubricant which is then shoved into every available orifice. Acid Eroticism just isn't new to me also including vore fetishism.

Is there something anywhere showing what is strong against what type?

An example character for the creator would help. My Trap NPC Elise and her scenes are acceptable although I don't have good diction variety, I just figured if anyone actually cared about that, they'd just give me an editorial run-through. I'm still lacking the three-some scenes though since I can't figure out what exactly to do there. Finished an anal scene I stopped on half-way.

Right now it's less character creator and more character outliner; requiring me to manually insert certain bits of data where necessary. But I also hardly did anything either, so w/e.

Last edited: