Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Laughingfox

Dec 16, 2016
Odd question, but is there any perk/ability whathaveyou to potentially make pets unstable when summoned/difficult to control? For some odd reason, a double edged sword ability that makes 'pets' just as likely to spitroast you or the enemy (and vice versa, to be completely fair) seems horribly amusing.

requiredinformation

Dec 15, 2016
Any interest in a UI update?

I was thinking of some things like
  • tabularize player traits in status view (done)
  • overhaul the competition info screen (show one competitor at a time and just generally make it more readable, like tabularizing traits) (done)
  • filter inventory to remove non-useful info (probably display things like underwear count somewhere else)
  • add a table (under the map maybe?) that shows a list of contestants and their levels (maybe a score counter too)
  • overhaul the combat ui: group into dropdowns (dropups?) based on group (power/seduction/cunning/arcane/etc) and have the main button face be the last used from that category (not sure how difficult this will be)
    • sort the contents of each dropdown by mojo cost/gain and show skills regardless of current mojo
    • similarly, group daytime activities into people/places/actions

Last edited:

jskil5

May 17, 2016
consistent crash when fighting jewel ( i picked hard mode for everyone that i can atm) anyway log attached

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    433.6 KB · Views: 12

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
So it's in there now, but it doesn't do what it says on the tin. According to the description, I assume the point is that it can 'overwhelm' a calm character, affecting them despite their calmness. But unless I'm terribly mistaken what you've just uploaded gives a 25% boost in pheromone strength against non-calm targets.

It should be there right? If you have Piercing Odor it adds a status flag to the pheromones status, which disables status blocking from calm.

@jskill5, wow that's weird. I'm not sure why that's happening...

Would you be willing to share your save? Something about the combat is getting badly cloned for some reason...

Edit: nevermind, found the problem. The addiction was the thing that was getting badly cloned. goddamn.

- Minor fix to fix addiction related crash

https://mega.nz/#!gwwFTLqI!Grcza3xTx9H43zqxNrYQDPNrRmz9CkE4JUacGYmJKaw

Last edited:

Draonir

Jan 16, 2016
Well i dont think Reyka shouldn't be able to foot pump with pleasuring my DD-cup breasts if i dont have any boobs.

EDIT: The Sex Training bug still exist. You need a pussy to get it

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    52.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Hmm...I went for hard mode with Cassie for level 20 (I think this may be where the problem was) but as someone that took breastobsession as my starting weakness, when I go into a titfuck pin, what should normally hit for 100+ pleasure dmg + 300 or more temptation damage is now hitting for a measly....53 damage. System message says that the base damage is being reduced ("base:17.0 + -7.0"). Is that from having her submissive trait show up too, and with her being on top, drastically reduces every damage she has? Even her blowjobs are hitting for 25 damage - with a Perception of 9, and no Reyka to get the desensitized trait from, I don't think that quite works out.

I am working with higher xp rates, and my character is levelled much higher, but still... Nurse still works fine though. Temptation damage from that still definitely hits REALLY hard....

Darkki

Sep 16, 2015
After testing the threesomes for a while, trying to get the MFM versions mentioned and failing I checked the repository a bit and seems to me like they can't actually be used as is.

From PetThreesome skill "BodyPart selfO = getSelfOrgan(fucker, c);", the selfO gets checked if it's pussy or cock later, but getSelfOrgan ever checks for the "fucker" to have a pussy. Likewise with the target having a cock.
At least if my java reading skills aren't failing me, it's been a while.

Testing it with angel and Simulacrum, seems the Simulacrum is also a bit buggy, it brought forth a "idealized female" version of a female player character, when I finally got Angel to use it, whom *still* had the cock.
Which led to the game mentioning it being "your clone's error girl-dick" or somesuch. It worked better when I tried the PC having a cock, then it worked on the simulacrum clone and didn't mention errors.
Also Angel using Simulacrum only ever produced Level 1 clones by the description, being herself lvl 12 or more, and my PC using it did have a lvl 10 clone at player level 12 as the code would suggest if "power" is the level; "int power = Math.max(10, getSelf().getLevel() - 2);"

On the pet subject still, also had occasional bugs with the humanoid ones, simulacrum and angel's friends where they disappeared and yet were holding the PC down which gave me the option of "Recover" and never "getting up" since the recover option remained, and Angel could not grab a hold of me then, as I was essentially held.

Nov 29, 2016
After testing the threesomes for a while, trying to get the MFM versions mentioned and failing I checked the repository a bit and seems to me like they can't actually be used as is.

Ditto. Tried it with just about every pet and upped the move priority so they get summoned consistently. Couldn't get them to trigger. The FFM ones work fine.

Unrelated, the main thing I'd like to see interface wise is ability tree tabbing or drop downs. Anything to organize them and reduce clutter. It's to the point where I actively avoid learning new skills due to how the paging is setup.

Atlas1965

Aug 28, 2015
On a related subject, can we get a scrollbar in the part of the status window where our traits are? My high level characters keep running out of room there.

Eld

Dec 16, 2016
For a couple of patches now, there's been some really strange behaviour with enemy AI using the Oral Pin (with female PC; don't know about anything else). It seems like they consider the position disadvantageous or something; they do go for Oral Pin but instead of actually using any of the Lick-skills they just tend to leave it the next turn. Just now I had a match where Reyka kept going from Face Riding to Oral Pin and back without doing anything in either position. Many opponents have seemed to even prefer Stand Up to using moves in the position.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
To report another bug...

I've had problems with a particular save (NPC bonus + hard mode on the characters) in which I keep crashing when fighting Angel. At that time, I'm afflicted with addiction - not sure if it is something to do with it though. During the first round of combat, the Next button disappears. It happens consistently with Angel.

Pulling out the nightgameslog.txt shows, apart from:

"Tried to get an opponent for --- which does not exist in combat."

This also appears:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: nightgames.characters.NPC cannot be cast to nightgames.characters.Player
at nightgames.status.DivineCharge.tick(DivineCharge.java:46)
at nightgames.characters.Character.lambda$7(Character.java:1040)
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at nightgames.characters.Character.tick(Character.java:1040)
at nightgames.characters.Character.eot(Character.java:1922)
at nightgames.characters.NPC.eot(NPC.java:770)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.doEndOfTurnUpkeep(Combat.java:416)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:648)
at nightgames.gui.GUI$NextButton.lambda$0(GUI.java:1426)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at nightgames.gui.GUI$2.keyTyped(GUI.java:635)
at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Previous occurences also include...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: nightgames.characters.NPC cannot be cast to nightgames.characters.Player
at nightgames.status.DivineCharge.tick(DivineCharge.java:46)
at nightgames.characters.Character.lambda$7(Character.java:1040)
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at nightgames.characters.Character.tick(Character.java:1040)
at nightgames.characters.Character.eot(Character.java:1922)
at nightgames.characters.NPC.eot(NPC.java:770)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.doEndOfTurnUpkeep(Combat.java:416)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:648)
at nightgames.gui.GUI$NextButton.lambda$0(GUI.java:1426)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I can't be bothered to read and check each quote, but they look roughly the same, and something to do about her divine charge.... the sadness of not being able to be completely ruined by a nymphodeity is killing me...

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Hey guys,

thanks for the bug reports as always. I'll try to fix the issues asap.

@ScarredEyes, I see the issue, divine charge was checking the affected person (Angel) instead of the opponent (Player)

About the threesome thing, I completely forgot to add the "Reverse Threesome" skill, which is what Threesome should be right now.

I added it now, and changed threesome to use the pet's cock if one exists.

So I checked the Simulacrum skill, and it's technically doing the correct thing. The messages are just screwed up. The skill looks in your global flags to check whether females should TG into futas or males. I think I left that on by default. If you want to remove it, just go in and edit data/globalflags.json

change "femaleTGIntoHerm" : true, to "femaleTGIntoHerm" : false

and it should turn the clone into a male.

I'll fix the messages so it doesn't tell you you had a dick in the first place.

About the submissive thing, yeah submissive reduces her damage when in a dominant position by 2/3rds.

Now that I think about it, it may be a bit too much.

Last edited:

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Sorry for the double post, but was wondering if anyone had an image of reverse-mount, guy on top. I've been looking for the last 30 minutes and couldn't find anything :\

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
The new advanced start Futa++ doesn't seem to work. It just goes to a blank screen when I hit start.
There are two small issues. I'd post a fixed file, but it's easy to do yourself: First, find Jewel's section, and remove "heatedsemen" from her trait list. That trait doesn't exist. Also remove the comma on the preceding line. Next, near the end of the file, remove "isFuta" from the flags.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Cassie's submissive trait is ObsequiousAppeal, right (iirc)? Instead of reduced damage dominant stances and increased damage during submissive stances, you could make it so that Cassie can learn the Submissive tree? Her arcane abilities with Bind and her energized state would make her work in a dominant fashion, but if you make her be more submissive, the 100% accuracy, zero cost (apart from 1-turn/2-turn delay, or 3 if followed with hand/leg lock) of Stumble, Cowardice and Offer is a pretty good thing to go into, no? Even worse if she binds, invites/stumble-offer, but that requires...70 Mojo...or 20 with the Submissive skill tree. This is actually wanting to make me give her that tree, see how she does with it,

Or, another possibility is some kind of temptation move, similar to Beg, involving teasing the opponent and offering to take the submissive position...after taking the dominant position. Not sure how that would work... Perhaps even a lower-cost Invitation, stronger Invitation? I get the feeling submission is not the easiest thing to balance in this game...

I just hope that she gets balanced - her Oral/Titfuck pin is a good strat, but when she hits for peanuts compared to...practically everything else (even Bind -> standing blowjob/handjob (?) hits for more), the hard mode becomes...easy. Kind of.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
I kind of brute forced it, I made it so she picks up a new Trait "Flexible roles" when you pick the "both" options.

It removes the submissive penalty

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
*facepalm* Of course. Why not? How the hell did I not think of that...

Looking forward to the next patch. In the meantime...I might have to start a new game, and not pick Angel's Worship lvl20 route just to not get the bug.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
FWIW, I'll probably have a patch out this evening.

Still looking for a male reverse mount image though... if I can't find anything, I'll have to try and draw it myself :|

7N24

Dec 11, 2016
Still looking for a male reverse mount image though... if I can't find anything, I'll have to try and draw it myself :|

I'm available for image hunting; a considerable portion of my evening usually goes towards it anyway.

Could you be a bit more specific about what you're looking for? I'm not quite certain what a 'reverse-mount, guy on top' would look like. Is this basically a male riding a futanari in a reverse cowgirl position, or am I way off?

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
I'm available for image hunting; a considerable portion of my evening usually goes towards it anyway.

Could you be a bit more specific about what you're looking for? I'm not quite certain what a 'reverse-mount, guy on top' would look like. Is this basically a male riding a futanari in a reverse cowgirl position, or am I way off?

Nope in this case it's going to be a guy on top of a girl, facing her feet while not having sex. It's... oddly hard to find :\ (it's supposed to be for the reverse mount position, currently it's using the same image as guy on top, facing).

7N24

Dec 11, 2016
Nope in this case it's going to be a guy on top of a girl, facing her feet while not having sex. It's... oddly hard to find :\ (it's supposed to be for the reverse mount position, currently it's using the same image as guy on top, facing).

Ah, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll scour some imageboards and see what turns up.

Edit:
Roughly two hours into the search. You're definitely right about it being hard to find. Still looking.

Edit 2:
After nearly four hours of searching, I've found nothing. Sorry about that. The closest I came was two images showing the correct mounting orientation. However, both involved a sexual act beyond simple mounting.

Last edited:

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
No prob, sorry to send you on a wild goose chase.

On another note, I'll be releasing a new build in the next 20 minutes. This one was a bit larger than I expected, but should have some good QoL changes.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
(Was originally 2.4.4.3, but I figured that there was enough changes to bump the version)

Offtopic: for versioning, I go by this:
First number = major version, if this changes, all bets are off. Stuff like custom NPCs/starts and anything else will break
Second number = major mechanic change, if this changes, no guarantees that you saves will work at all. They'll probably end up crashing the game.
Third number = content update, new game suggested, but old saves could work with some quirks.
Fourth number = bugfix update, old saves should work

https://mega.nz/#!J0xHTCJL!35ANLoZQbF0F3qtEwG8Z_ac0X6nP2J65beHfFjeNLlI

Code:
New:
- Added a new skill Reverse Threesome which does exactly what the current threesome does (use pet's pussy if it exists to fuck the opponent).
- Changed the Threesome skill to use the pet's dick if one exists to penetrate the opponent.
- The 4 starting girls will now use their respective cock mods when they get to level 10 if they are already hermaphrodites
- Reworked some of the UI. You can now filter skills by tactics as well as use more keys for hotkeys.
    - Switch between tactics with 0-9
    - Pick skills/commands with qwerty,asdfgh,zxcvbn.
    - for those with azerty/dvorak keyboards... I'm sorry :\
- Made your attractiveness display a bit more apparent in the combat and status descriptions, since it now factors more into the damage formula
- Added a new Weakness: "Unpleasant"
    - lowers your attractiveness by 25%
- Added a new Weakness: "Buttslut"
    - drastically increases anal pleasure damage received
    - chance to become entranced when receiving anal pleasure
    - upon seeing a erect cock or a strapon for the first time, automatically offers your own ass
- Added some more stance images, mostly for futas/shemales

Balance:
- Changed the tempt modifiers of statuses to only apply to temptation damage instead of to any arousal based damage.
    - This changes Bondage, Charmed, Cynical, Enthralled, Frenzied, IceStance, InducedEuphoria, Lovestruck, Shamed, Stunned, Winded, and MagicMilkAddiction
    - More specifically the damage message should actually tell you how much damage you did, instead of pleasuring someone for 100 when they're stunned, but they actually take 0.
- Desensitized 2 will no longer affected arousal over time / pure arousal damage.
- Made temptation damage respect the staleness modifier like pleasure damage does
- Made non-pheromone arousal over time not compound when from the same source.
    - Each source of arousal over time will be replaced with the newest one when applied.
- Submissive now only reduces your pleasure damage when in a dominant position by 1/3rd instead of 2/3rds.
    - Now only increases pleasure in a submissive position by 50% instead of 100%
    - Added a new Trait "Flexible Roles" that will remove the dominant penalty from the Submissive trait.
        - This is only used by Cassie when you pick "Both" in her second specialization
- Dark Tendrils now cost 20% of your maximum arousal (minor nerf from 15%)
- Nerfed seduction bonus to charisma. It's still useful, but hopefully not as overwhelming as before
    - A quirk of this is that being more attractive is now more effective, since it accounts for a bigger portion of the pleasure/temptation formula
        - Nerfed most of the underwear "hotness" parameters so that keeping them on isn't always way more attractive than taking them off even for the most basic types
    - Changed the attractiveness formulas a bit for breasts and cocks.
        - They are generally less than they were before, but get bonuses from being completely uncovered (completely topless/bottomless)
- Nerfed Angel's and Reyka's attractiveness (lol)
    - Reyka's face in particular had such a high "hotness" rating that it was single handedly doubling her early game damage.
    - Angel's face was in a similar situation but not quite as bad (or would you say good?).
    - So I had to hit them a bit with the ugly stick. Sorry dndw.
- Made shemale start's breasts a bit larger (b -> d)
- Made herms and shemale start's faces a bit more feminine (this affects no parts of gameplay yet)
- Made shemales start with bra + panties instead of boxers
- Changed maneuver's mojo cost to 15
    - Also merged it with Flash Step (uses flash step if you have > 15% stamina and at least 6 Ki)
- Merged Purr and Charm

Bug fixes:
- fixed a bug where everyone was getting the effects of "Brute's Charisma"
    - Added some of your Power and Ki to your effective seduction when determining pleasure and temptation damage while dominant.
- fixed a bug where temptation damage outside combat wasn't using the oblivious / unsatisfied traitsS
- fixed a crash bug related to Angel's Zeal addiction
- fixed a bug where pets that are player based (simulacrum mainly) always display as level 1
- fixed bug with simulacrum where it would mention dicks when you didn't have a dick (used on a female PC)
    - Note that by default simulacrum creates a hermaphrodite copy of females. If you would like it to create a male version instead, you can edit the data/globalflags.json file
        - Change "femaleTGIntoHerm" to true
    - Eventually this will have a UI for it.
- fixed a bug where thrusting as a hermaphrodite in a threesome will rub your pussies together instead.
- fixed a bug where the Futa++20 start would crash the game

7N24

Dec 11, 2016
2.4.5 is looking great so far.

However, I seem to have encountered a minor UI bug:

QTP2bt.png

As seen in the above screenshot, I'm occasionally seeing one or more actions hidden behind the others. That particular action was a link to the Engineering Building.

Although I'm running the game on a smaller screen with a resolution of 1366x768, this doesn't seem to be a factor.

This bug produces no logs:

Code:
=============================================
Night games
2016-12-18 01:05:12.721
Loaded samantha.json
Loaded rosea.json

devron

Jun 19, 2016
Hello,

Noticed that tooltips are not showing during level up ability selection. Have not tested extensively - happening on drain challenge mode at least.

*Edit - also having trouble leaving stores if there are too many items. Regardless of what hotkey the leave button is, if there are too many options (seems to be when there is a second page), leaving causes a blank screen with no options to continue. For me, has required exiting and loading a save. Buying items down to one screen seems to prevent the leave issue, but if out of money...

Thanks to everyone for continuing this great game!

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
I sometimes get some really bad text misalignments. Text will display in a column on the lower right while some text is stuck on the top left.