Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Aside from Yui having at least 10 affection for the player (not the other way around; pperhaps this is the problem), you need to be not bound/stunned/etc, and you also need to be mobile and not prone.
Is that YuiAffection at the bottom of the save file? That's also over 30. In-fight statuses aren't a problem.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
It's not. You're using an old save file then. YuiAffection shouldn't be even used any more. It's the affections map in the Yui character that affects it.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Huh. It should be the save file that was created with the update that added Summon Yui, but I guess not. New patch to fix falling and all before you leave for the holidays? I'll start fresh then.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015

https://mega.nz/#!FpJSjDDT!vNWTSQBhlvkTpa_08Z2Je3iatljIgkM1cP3tbGQ1RyU

Code:
Balance:
- Heavily nerfed Kat's pheromones. Also nerfed feral, so she actually now loses more willpower in an orgasm than she gets back.
- Biological damage modifiers have been halved (affects pheromones and sedate)
- Biological defense now includes attributes in Seduction as well as Cunning/Science/Bio/Animism.
- Knockdowns now has a new formula so that having over 300 stamina doesn't just make you immune to knockdowns.
- Yui now gives 5 affection per visit, but caps out at a maximum of 20.

New
- Map now highlights cache drop locations
- Orgasms done by pets will now skip the turn for the players.
- Turned on system messages by default. Please note that you can turn it off in the options.

Bug fixes:
- Having a trap of your own will no longer make you unable to get cache rewards
- Cassie, Angel and Jewel will no longer require an additional level up before getting their new Class traits after hitting 10.
- Fixed an unintended bug where the match timer would increment every time phases changed, triggering the 0 willpower tiebreaker way too fast.
- Fixed a bug where knocked downs never happened.
- Fixed a bug where holy waters was not being consumed by Angel when training Divinity.
- Fixed a lot of typo bugs (thanks for the bug reports as usual!)

blegar1

Sep 1, 2015
@nergantre it's not perception thing cause it was at the start of the game romantic is my main skill and did not change much they hit me more often by a longshot

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
Code:
Current phase = P2_ACT_FIRST
Player uses Drain Kiss
Rolled 25 against 55
Angel resists Addicted (Caroline's Protection).
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at nightgames.characters.body.MouthPart.applyBonuses(MouthPart.java:59)
    at nightgames.characters.body.Body.pleasure(Body.java:507)
    at nightgames.characters.body.Body.pleasure(Body.java:465)
    at nightgames.skills.Kiss.resolve(Kiss.java:110)
    at nightgames.skills.Skill.resolve(Skill.java:204)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.resolveSkill(Combat.java:858)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.doAction(Combat.java:711)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:575)
    at nightgames.gui.GUI$NextButton.lambda$0(GUI.java:1415)
    at nightgames.gui.GUI$NextButton$$Lambda$432/1327857950.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

Code:
            FluidAddiction st = (FluidAddiction) self.getStatus(Stsflag.fluidaddiction);
            if (st.activated()) {

st is null, apparently.

gameroy

Nov 23, 2016
Is anyone else running into the problem of losing all the clothes they aren't wearing between loads?

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Minor update fixing the aforementioned issues.

Note from now on, I will only increment the second number for save game-breaking changes.

2.4.x save should work with any of the patches. You may see a bit of funkiness with the pre official 2.4.0 patch, but otherwise you should be good.

https://mega.nz/#!8t5HCQqZ!OkPsp4EWUyLnJ2Vwr-acolSvYPUHvfBKxdyeNXwbrtw
Code:
Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug where Caroline's protection can cause fluid addictions to crash.
- Fixed a long standing bug where outfits were never being loaded from saves.
- Fixed a label issue with the clothing change UI (both the closet and the current outfit were being labeld closet)

Last edited:

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
Was just fighting Cassie and her fairy can one-shot me through pants with 293 Orgasm overflow (209 arousal cap, level 20 range) - what is this lunacy

EDIT: Same now with Mara's Slime, what the heck

Last edited:

Atlas1965

Aug 28, 2015
So, something broke my Java or something, and Windows lost the connection between the JRE and the jar files in the download. Manually reset the JRE to read jar files after re-installing the latest version of Java, and am getting a black command line window that closes itself almost as soon as it opens whenever I double click the jar file provided. This may just be Java doing something screwy with a recent update, as all of my jar files appear to be doing this. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

EDIT: Trying to use javaw instead of the java executable did nothing. Any help?

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
Don't know why but sometimes when I run into someone and press fight and they don't try to run there isn't any words it's just blank but the buttons are still there so I can move forward.

MB_The_First

Nov 14, 2016
How do you meet Yui? I'm assuming it involves leveling Martial Arts, but I've seen some clothes tagged as Ninja, so. Also, is there a list of perks and their requirements? There is an XML file showing some of the unlockable perks, but I know it isn't complete.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
For some reason, the AI likes to throw bewitching draughts at me. This actually gives me my first comeback potential in match 3ish when the slapping and shoving has been shitstomping me! LOL! This behavior persists into late game, sometimes. NO idea why the computer believes the draught is detrimental to me.

Maya is strange. Is her thing that she has a huge arousal or willpower stat?

I think that, among some other things, we should break down the task of post-level 50 stuff that happens. The expansion of options and power of moves should be plotted out somehow.

Since the prospect of a character editor is increasingly real, I'd like to structure out what each character can have in terms of assets, quotes, menus and scenes.

I've started a temptation quote document, but I don't think I understand all of the characters enough to bang out these lines quickly, since I'd like to account for changes during the course of the games.

BPIdev

Nov 12, 2016
One of the AI problems is that the girls like to use FemDraft from time to time, which makes their advanced classes weaker since their pussy mods are replaced with regular pussies.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Atlas1965
Almost sounds like you're using the wrong version of java or linking the wrong one. I said you, but probably just windows freaking out like normal.

can you copy this to a text document and save it as run_nightgames.bat? Then drop it in the same folder as the NightgamesMod.jar and run it.

Code:
java -version
java -jar NightgamesMod.jar
PAUSE

If it says something about java not found, try this instead (replace the path to java.exe with whatever is on your system)
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin\java" -version
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin\java" -jar NightgamesMod.jar
PAUSE

Check if that opens anything or if the window displays any messages.

@tjmac124
That sounds like a crash. Can you post your logs somewhere? or PM me them if you don't want them publically available

@MB_The_First
Yui is met by exercising after level 10. I think the traits in the XML is actually an exhaustive list, since that's where the game is reading them from.

@DarkSinfulMage
Yeah throw draft and drink draft are pretty broken AI wise. They're... not very smart about what they throw. Go figure right. Maya I have actually not play tested much. In the base game, she was an event encounter and was always level 50 or something like that, with very high stats. In the mod, she retains high stats and is always +20 levels compared to the levels of the current competitors. May need to revisit this actually.

I'm not actually sure I want things to go too far past level 60ish. Even if the silver bard wasn't going to, I wanted to start adding some endings to the game because at some point we're going to start running out of content.

About characters and their scenes, I do want to start moving them to json again. I've introduced a lot of custom stuff in the last patches and haven't fully supported them with data loading yet. It's just another stop on the roadmap right now.

@BPIdev
Yup draft usage is kinda borked like I said. lol. I'd like to fix this some time, but have not gotten to it yet.[/code]

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
I've been playing Maya at level 80 so we're technically outside the bound of normal balance. TBH this is probably something to plot out in excel later once things settle in.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Out of curiosity did you actually grind up to 80 or did you save edit/use the debug console?

Got to 50ish then cheated items via save editing to bypass item grind.

Didn't know there was a debug console! How to access it? XD

If you need feedback on 1-50 I'm gonna do a drain challenge tonight.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Info on debug/cheat console:

debug console is in the credits menu
credits -> debug -> type in the text box

you can do stuff like
Player.addTrait energydrain
Player.removeTrait romantic
Player.addAtt Divinity 4
Player.ding 5
Player.addItem HolyWater 2
Player.setMoney 10000
Player.setXP 5000

Replace Player with the type of npc to modify the NPCs. (eg Angel.ding, Mara.ding, NPCSamantha.ding for custom npcs)

Btw question for you guys,

Do you feel like items are useful? Do you use them at all? High science/animism/bio sedate is pretty strong, but are the other ones even useful past the first 10 levels?

Are there any items that you would like to see in the shops or the NPCs using?

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
So, been doing some testing with the Debug console - gave myself 2000 willpower and gave angel 100 Divinity and 50 levels.

This would be a good test to do with the other addictions and the new behavior route choices. See if they generally stick to the plan in different circumstances.

It doesn't seem like her behavior is changing very strongly between her choices.

If I understand the choices right - she essentially has 4 possible combinations of strategy based off these choices (Same as Jewel and Mara).
Not sure how well the others tested, but the worship option doesn't seem to have her do much to give you faith or hit you with the addiction.
On more normal playthroughs it seemed like she wouldn't use her abilities much at all.

EDIT: I'm feeling productive and helpful. If there's any strings or data/design organization needed, I'm already working on a spreadsheet and some lines.

Last edited:

Atlas1965

Aug 28, 2015
@nergantre That fixed it. Turns out it was trying to use jre 1.8.0_60, but the version I had installed was jre 1.8.0_111, so it got very confused. Using the .bat file to manually make it use the updated version fixed the problem.

BPIdev

Nov 12, 2016
Do you feel like items are useful? Do you use them at all? High science/animism/bio sedate is pretty strong, but are the other ones even useful past the first 10 levels?

Are there any items that you would like to see in the shops or the NPCs using?
The only item I use consistently is Dark Talisman. Everything else, traps including, I usually forget about. Dark Talisman outlives its usefulness by the time I reach 50 Seduction.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
The only item I use consistently is Dark Talisman. Everything else, traps including, I usually forget about. Dark Talisman outlives its usefulness by the time I reach 50 Seduction.

Yeah, I agree - Dark Talisman is key to getting yourself back on track until your Dark or Seduction can give you charm, Deep Kiss, or Eyes of Temptation.

Manipulating character state via stuff like lubrication, buffing or debuffing via various potions, etc definitely outlives its usefulness as you gain utility. As well, as turn order starts mattering, using an item may not deliver bang for the buck you need if your turn never happens due to something the enemy got off first.

Fem Draft has its usefulness, as does Priapus (for farming semen and draining stats), but juggernaut and bewitching do not have any usefulness. Raw Aether has trouble delivering consistent results for me.
I'd like to see the demon juices more consistent with the holy water's effects - holy water on Reyka is pretty useful. Damage/stunchance based upon level of Dark would be nice.
Consumable items are interesting, but items like the simple traps should have some sort of sell value or conversion if you want them to be useful later on, especially if Item Caches aren't going to change.

Speaking of which - how do I open and get the ninja caches? I've never seen a button.

Perhaps Item progression/levels or improvement would help, but I think that any expansion of the item system will require adding features to the GUI to accommodate the expansion and compression of items, states, and data on screen.

As an aside: I've noticed that drain mechanics and reporting as an incubus are not consistent with the mechanics for succubus. Are they working 100% the same?

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
I was still able to keep playing after the words vanished after pressing fight, so i'm not sure where in the log text it will be.

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    688.6 KB · Views: 2

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@tjmac124,

Oh looks like it's not a crash.
Yeah I think I've seen that bug too. It's a bit hard to find though, may be a race condition.

Anyways, on vacation now, probably wont be able to update until about a week later.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
I'm gone for 5 days, and when I can get on my laptop again I see a huge amount of updates.
Thank you for your hard work, and I saw something I brought up being fixed (It made me feel like I did something helpful?).

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I've sort-of finished Mara's first two specializations: Harpoon Toy and General Tech (the latter of which may need rebranding). There are still some weird issues to sort out, but here's the gist of things as they stand:
Harpoon Toy:
1st trait: harpoon - Unlocks 'Launch Harpoon', which fires an onahole/dildo at appropriate opponent genitalia. If it hits, it is added to the opponent's outfit as hard-to-remove clothing, much like the Living Clothes stuff. It causes passive pleasure damage every turn until it's removed. If the target is in a submissive position, Launch Harpoon always hits. Every further trait increases the accuracy of Launch Harpoon and the damage caused by the toy itself.
2nd trait: yank - Unlocks 'Yank', which makes the target stumble to the ground. Only usable when the target has the harpoon toy on them, but always hits. May remove the harpoon toy.
3rd trait: conducive toy - Causes Stun Blast to always hit and consume no batteries if the target has the harpoon toy on them.
4th trait: intense suction - Target has a 50% chance of cumming twice if the original orgasm was caused by the harpoon toy (this stacks with Carnal Virtuoso, should Mara acquire that trait somehow). Also makes Yank more accurate and less likely to remove the toy.

General Tech:
1st trait: pheromone bomb - Unlocks a skill which places a small device on the target's naked chest. The target has a few turns to remove it, but the device will try to discourage this using a high-voltage shock. That is assuming Mara doesn't stop them first. If the target cannot remove the bomb in time, it will cause very major temptation damage as well as a 10-turn Hypersensitive and Frenzied.
2nd trait: maglocks - Unlocks MagLocks, which Mara can place on a target in lieu of regular zip ties/handcuffs. One MagLock does nothing, two act as a very strong binding, and three are completely immobilizing and impossible to remove. Having two or more MagLocks active will drain batteries from Mara per turn, and all MagLocks disappear when she runs out.
3rd trait: training collar - Unlocks Place Collar, which Mara can only use on an incapacitated target. The Training Collar will shock the wearer if they act aggressively, if they try to struggle/escape from anything, if they try to remove a Pheromone Bomb (synergy!), or (sometimes) if they are in a dominant position. In the last case, Mara gains the upper hand instead. Every time the collar does something it consumes one or two charges. It starts with 10, and Mara can spend 5 batteries to add 10 more if she can use Place Collar again.
4th trait: roboweb - Improved Spiderweb trap which keeps the victim in place for 10 turns and tempts them for 25% of their maximum arousal each turn. So if the victim were found, a single touch would probably drain all their willpower. This required some changes to the way traps and statuses are handled, and consequently the way in which non-combat actions are picked, so there may be some new bugs to squash.
If anyone thinks anything needs changing, now is the time.