Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
You should try profiling "Quit Match" as well, that action takes forever to progress.

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
Some more bugs: Blowjob misses a lot when both are standing, but the line printed is not a miss line.

Level Drain on a level 2-4 character can cause nullpointer in character.dong because it has no feats te remove.

Level Drain itself doesnt handle him/her differences.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
It's not really planned. It feels like it would be kind of weird with all the kicking and wrestling you do on a nightly basis

On a side note, I'm not dead, been chipping at the next update, but been pretty busy lately.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
It's not really planned. It feels like it would be kind of weird with all the kicking and wrestling you do on a nightly basis

On a side note, I'm not dead, been chipping at the next update, but been pretty busy lately.

Not to mention the entire game takes place in a school, which you attend in the day. Which makes me curious how is it no one bats an eye that the guy who was normal the other day has become an amazonian, big-breasted, angelic hermaphrodite a good few weeks later? Unless everyone knows about the Night Games and thus shrug because the strangeness is par for course?

Oh, and the pheremones, can't forget the pheremones you're exuding not making everyone in the day swoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
Not to mention the entire game takes place in a school, which you attend in the day. Which makes me curious how is it no one bats an eye that the guy who was normal the other day has become an amazonian, big-breasted, angelic hermaphrodite a good few weeks later? Unless everyone knows about the Night Games and thus shrug because the strangeness is par for course?

Oh, and the pheremones, can't forget the pheremones you're exuding not making everyone in the day swoon.

Obviously, Night Games has far advanced in technology and has access to magic. Because they keep these advances to themselves, they obviously give the PC a hat that makes him look just like he did when he first Enrolled. Pimples and all.

zufield

Feb 25, 2016
Jewel doesn't seem to want to use her strapon on male chars, she prefers Reverse Fuck, apparently.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
That's probably because right now, cocks are super underpowered. She doesn't want to be on the losing team!

...yeah I'll see what I can do :(

I'm in the middle of a massive refactor unfortunately, so that's why this is taking so long. The goal here is to have plugin-able skills with json files, so you can modify them yourself/add new skills. Also, to correctly tag each skill, which will make it much easier to work with. The problem is, this basically necessitates me redoing every skill class that's currently available, and there's a ton of them... D:

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015

This is one of the main reasons I haven't implemented transformations. One of the luxuries a mod has is that it doesn't need to make sense.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
This is one of the main reasons I haven't implemented transformations. One of the luxuries a mod has is that it doesn't need to make sense.

Perhaps you might be able to justify it as Night Game players use a different set of dorms, and the classes are attended by teachers and students who are aware of the Night Games? I mean with all the money they hand out and how there aren't any night guards they most likely have quite a bit of inside help.

That or they ensure competitors have ways to mask highly unusual traits as part of its secrecy, and it's handwaved off as trivia and everyone has one heck of a resistance to strangeness level S+.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
I will just point out that the mod's premise fits in just fine with a lot of school themed anime. Especially the ones that use the academy concepts while setting them in a fantasy scenario where they're actually training to defend a city or whatever. 

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
I honestly don't really think of it too hard :p

If you really want to get into it, none of the transformations are too hard to hide, assuming try can retract their wings. And there's plenty of transformatives that will temporarily change you back to a guy/girl if you really need it for school. Or maybe you reenter as a new student, god knows universities have a lot of people.

As for stuff like pheromones, how do you know that Kat isn't getting everyone hard while in class :D

Anyways, it's fun to think about, but I'm not too worried

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Kat's pheromones only trigger when she's aroused (in the base game at least), so as long as she's not daydreaming in class, there are probably only minor side-effects.

Unlike Kat's ears and tail, Angel and Reyka can hide their supernatural features at will. I'm not sure if I have specifically mentioned that anywhere yet, but if not I will at some point.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Kat's pheromones only trigger when she's aroused (in the base game at least), so as long as she's not daydreaming in class, there are probably only minor side-effects.

Unlike Kat's ears and tail, Angel and Reyka can hide their supernatural features at will. I'm not sure if I have specifically mentioned that anywhere yet, but if not I will at some point.

Hmm... maybe we can go about it like this. Cassie and Jewel look completely human so nothing wrong, Angel can hide her angelic features, the tech level of the world means Mara doesn't really stick out (Or she's a certified mad scientist girl so no one bats an eye.), Airi doesn't really hang out with the student populace and sticks to the Biology Labs, Kat passes off her feline nature as cosplay and getting into character, Eve doesn't really stand out so long as she doesn't have an erection, Reyka hides her features and I'm guessing doesn't hang around everyone else much, and Rosea... is Rosea a student or just a plant-girl who just takes part in the Night Games? Which leaves just you, so I guess the games' hosts take care of all the paperwork to give you a spare identity when you're going around from guy to bombshell.

Else no, I'm pretty sure you haven't mentioned that part before.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
...Kat passes off her feline nature as cosplay and getting into character...

Actually, Kat just wears her hat and baggy pants all the time. Since she's shy, she doesn't undress in front of anyone. If you go down the animism training path, she talks a little about needing to hide her cat features.

This is something I've kept in mind throughout development, so anything that appears in the base game should be narratively consistent. Things that only appear in the mod don't need to make narrative sense. Unless people write scenes specific to the mod, it's not going to be consistent anyway.

Crimsonshadow

Mar 3, 2016
Hello I might be new to this site but I'm not new to the game. I have question in the past when I played this game I found Debug Codes for the credits tab in the gui. I was wondering where did those disappear too? I use to use them in the past and I enjoyed having fun losing or winning depending on my mood. So is there anywhere that I can find the debug codes?

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
It's still there afaik. Are you playing the mod version or the original? The original does not have the debug console

Crimsonshadow

Mar 3, 2016
I'm playing the mod version. I remember putting in codes to level me up and money codes but it's been sometime since then and I forgot it.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Oh did you just want a list?

I think these are available:

Player.setXp 10000

Player.setMoney 10000

Player.addTrait 10000

Player.removeTrait 10000

Player.addItem Beer 10

Player.ding 5

Player.list

You can replace Player with any of the NPC names. (eg Angel, Cassie, Eve, Jewel, Mara, Reyka). For the JSON character like Samantha, you can open the json and check the type (I think they are NPCSamantha and NPCRosea).

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Quick update, this refactor is eating up waaaaaaaaay too much time lol. What do you think about a intermediate release for some bug fixes and small content update?

Also was thinking of seeing if I can add some pictures for the scenes... do you think something like this fits?

P0v08Vm.png

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
I'd be up for an intermediate update; I'm feeling the urge to play NG rise again. I'm liking the art too.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Also was thinking of seeing if I can add some pictures for the scenes... do you think something like this fits?

Thematically, I think it fits just fine. Spatially, I've always had trouble finding room for images. I've scaled all my images to fit an 800x260 pixel area. It's an awkward size to work with, but I find that any taller crowds out the text on low resolution displays.

Mavalon

Sep 8, 2015
Assuming you mean the victory/defeat scenes. I'd say that would be pretty awesome. As for Silver Bard's concern, I generally play maximized on a fairly large monitor so screen real estate is something I've got in spades.

m00k00

Oct 15, 2015
Assuming you mean the victory/defeat scenes. I'd say that would be pretty awesome. As for Silver Bard's concern, I generally play maximized on a fairly large monitor so screen real estate is something I've got in spades.

I agree, seeing that a 1080p monitor costs something shy of $100 nowadays I think it's safe to assume mostly everyone has a 24"or larger screen unless they use a laptop.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
I agree, seeing that a 1080p monitor costs something shy of $100 nowadays I think it's safe to assume mostly everyone has a 24"or larger screen unless they use a laptop.

I don't have a 24" monitor on my gaming rig.

I did a poll of my users last year. 20% of them were at 1024x768 or lower, so I think it's a legitimate concern.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I don't have a 24" monitor on my gaming rig.

I did a poll of my users last year. 20% of them were at 1024x768 or lower, so I think it's a legitimate concern.

Yeah, before I got my new gaming computer, almost all of my adult related stuff was on a laptop.  Screen resolution is an issue and a good developer will never limit their game from operating on all standard resolutions.  That includes laptops.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah that was a concern of mine too... I remember getting PM'd when I added some UI before and broke the game for him. Turns out he had a 800x600 monitor, which I didn't know still existed in 2016 :\

I'll see what I can do. I might just disable the images for tiny monitors.

Legion

Aug 27, 2015

Yeah, I must say, I use my laptop for most stuff at the moment (gotta love internet in bed), and that the resolution isn't exactly huge.

I might just disable the images for tiny monitors

While I am not sure this solution is perfect, I do play with the images off sometimes anyway. That said they are quite useful for knowing certain moves have happened or when you wind up in a certain stance so I would miss them in that regard.

Finally, I'm not against an intermeidiate release. Always happy to see new content. :p