More future Kiyoko content planned?

bigboss919

Nov 24, 2021
Hello all, new user here. Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm just curious if there has been any talk of future Kiyoko content planned? Specifically things like more dates and just romantic stuff planned? Thanks, and sorry again if it's already been asked

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I think the focus for Kitsune right now is everyone else getting more content and KinuQuest, Kiyoko is already one of the most established companions so far.

Reactions: bigboss919

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There's definitely more content that Tobs has talked about for Kiyoko but IIRC all the stuff that we know about is plot-related and is gated behind KinuQuest (which also involves her, albeit peripherally) so that has to be finished first.

bigboss919

Nov 24, 2021
There's definitely more content that Tobs has talked about for Kiyoko but IIRC all the stuff that we know about is plot-related and is gated behind KinuQuest (which also involves her, albeit peripherally) so that has to be finished first.
Actually one quick follow up question. If you know, any idea of what that content will be? Basically curious if it'll be more romance stuff or, possibly dealing with the outcome of KinuQuest, hopefully a good outcome but that's neither here nor there. If you don't, don't worry about it just curious.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Actually one quick follow up question. If you know, any idea of what that content will be? Basically curious if it'll be more romance stuff or, possibly dealing with the outcome of KinuQuest, hopefully a good outcome but that's neither here nor there. If you don't, don't worry about it just curious.
I know that Tobs has said publicly that the resolution of the whole arc started with KinuQuest will be done as a family and take place in the Astral Plane. Kiyoko's design doc (here) mentions a bit more about that, but we don't know how much of that initial plan is going to happen or if it does, how it might change by the time it gets in the game from what the doc says. By way of example: The whole thing about potentially siding with Taoth against the kitsune that's mentioned in Kiyoko's doc was jettisoned quite some time ago because nobody wanted to write it and given the amount of content on the 'Keros' side it was considered too much of an uphill climb to balance out the alternative route, so that branch was just cut entirely. Character docs (or at least the ones people not part of the core team can see) don't necessarily get updated so don't take it as guaranteed that what it says is what we'll get, but it's something to think about at least.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
CHaracter docs by all mean are just a outline, sometimes you gotta cut off the rotting limb like the thing in the spoiler. But reading the doc can give you a very rought outline.

bigboss919

Nov 24, 2021
I know that Tobs has said publicly that the resolution of the whole arc started with KinuQuest will be done as a family and take place in the Astral Plane. Kiyoko's design doc (here) mentions a bit more about that, but we don't know how much of that initial plan is going to happen or if it does, how it might change by the time it gets in the game from what the doc says. By way of example: The whole thing about potentially siding with Taoth against the kitsune that's mentioned in Kiyoko's doc was jettisoned quite some time ago because nobody wanted to write it and given the amount of content on the 'Keros' side it was considered too much of an uphill climb to balance out the alternative route, so that branch was just cut entirely. Character docs (or at least the ones people not part of the core team can see) don't necessarily get updated so don't take it as guaranteed that what it says is what we'll get, but it's something to think about at least.
Sorry to come back to this again, lol, but from reading this again, and when I'm actually awake enough to understand, there's more content planned eventually, but what it is isn't really set in stone? Or basically her events and story and such will end with KinuQuest? Sorry again, just trying to wrap my head around it

bigboss919

Nov 24, 2021
Okay I got it, it is what I thought it was. She will, probably, have more content and events in the future, but we have to further the story of our family first, as well as the other kitsune in the colony. Thanks for the upteenth time! :)

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
To be clear, just because we know that Kiyoko's future story content (at least, what we've been told of it) is gated behind KinuQuest doesn't mean that Kiyoko isn't getting more content before then. Schedule and interest permitting Tobs is free to write whatever he feels like before that. Also, companions are all potential or mandatory participants in quests and the main plot, so they'll get content reflecting their presence in those wherever it's appropriate.

bigboss919

Nov 24, 2021
To be clear, just because we know that Kiyoko's future story content (at least, what we've been told of it) is gated behind KinuQuest doesn't mean that Kiyoko isn't getting more content before then. Schedule and interest permitting Tobs is free to write whatever he feels like before that. Also, companions are all potential or mandatory participants in quests and the main plot, so they'll get content reflecting their presence in those wherever it's appropriate.
Ah fair point. I doubt that it'll be the stuff that I'm looking forward to possibly coming, but who knows. Guess I'll just have to keep my eyes up and watch for anything that comes our way.