Missing mom/Inheratance

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
So what ever happened to your biological mother in this game? The only "mother" you have is the nurse droid in the nursery. Its very strange that after giving birth to the future company owner she just vanishes without a word or email from her. Also speaking of inheritance, the game will tell you Victor also had other children all over the galaxy but I want to know why you specifically was made into his successor and not the other children who we will soon meet?

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Momzilla would likely be a vary bess-like character, not to mention substantially increasing the work needed to impliment new starting races.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
She was handwaved in and out. Just wait for Briget for your mommy needs.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Your biomom is pretty much just a well paid donor of half your genetic material. Dad mentions having made sure she was well taken care of in his will or in an email. I forget which.

Also one of your half-siblings is already in the game and she has a brat your age that is going to get into the game eventually. I'm pretty sure that our Steele is the baby of the bunch and that all of Vic's bastards are all older than them.

Reactions: CloudStriker

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
Your biomom is pretty much just a well paid donor of half your genetic material. Dad mentions having made sure she was well taken care of in his will or in an email. I forget which.

Also one of your half-siblings is already in the game and she has a brat your age that is going to get into the game eventually. I'm pretty sure that our Steele is the baby of the bunch and that all of Vic's bastards are all older than them.

Alright then makes sense. They could have at least told us what made this bitch so special! Maybe they were a high status person or something. They should give a backstory to each of the mothers so they don't appear to just be common nobodies that he decided to use their genetic material for something important like this.

Also I think this game needs more conflict with the bastard children! I wonder if they will make a half sibling in the game that's angry that he or she does not get to have the company and feels neglected and will try to kill you and your cousin to get the probes and win the space rush to prove his self worth. Because the cousin by itself is not cutting it on the antagonist role and I think we need a bit more push back. Maybe you can take bastard Steele down together with your cousin and the both of you fighting a shared enemy will help you guys bond and grow together or some shit.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Alright then makes sense. They could have at least told us what made this bitch so special! Maybe they were a high status person or something. They should give a backstory to each of the mothers so they don't appear to just be common nobodies that he decided to use their genetic material for something important like this.
Whatever our real mother was before Victor, I get the feeling it might've been a close friend. Or I'd think something along the lines with that baby photo of her cradling us.
Also I think this game needs more conflict with the bastard children! I wonder if they will make a half sibling in the game that's angry that he or she does not get to have the company and feels neglected and will try to kill you and your cousin to get the probes and win the space rush to prove his self worth. Because the cousin by itself is not cutting it on the antagonist role and I think we need a bit more push back. Maybe you can take bastard Steele down together with your cousin and the both of you fighting a shared enemy will help you guys bond and grow together or some shit.
I think I've heard rumors of this, and I honestly expect something might happen. What with how we go blabbing about the probes to every shop clerk and bar attendant about what we gotta do to prove ourselves... All one would have to do is track our ship, and tail us.

zelda_fan6284

She is probably omitted for laziness sake. Momzilla would likely be a vary bess-like character, not to mention substantially increasing the work needed to impliment new starting races.

Yep, very much laziness sake.

I agree there should be some backstories behind the birth mommies' seems very odd to be just some randoms. I know also if I only knew one of parents' I'd wanna know more about the other.

Yes, I agree that would be great and very interesting plus it would give some meatiness to sink my teeth into.

Last edited:

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
It's actually kind of sad. Vic had tons of sex but no waifu.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Apparently not enough to have a legitimate child with though.

F

Franks

If you really want to write mother variations for every race we have in game complete with appearance, personality, talk, history and sex scenes(because people will want sex scenes) - for every playable race in game, again - you be my guest. It'll be entertaining to watch your sanity fade.

Just something to consider before you attribute this to laziness on the part of the dev team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Steele mother was meantioned as some sorta randomn girl that Vic picked that he thought...she will be great incubator for PC :p Plus I assume she was quite a beauty of her repsective race too (I eman Vic wouldn't fuck some ugly human/bitchkitty/puppyslut/almostdragon/almostfemale girl for a sake to have that special child that ended up been PC, would he?).

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
My sense for people with a sense of entitlement is ringing bells in my head. To OP and others, if you've never even tried to write the story and/or code the game you don't get to come in and talk about laziness or to say with bitterness how crappy it is that you don't have the special cookie that would make your life complete in game. May as well ask for anatomically correct pics of captain Steele.

There is EXACTLY as much backstory and meaningful dialogue regarding these characters as there CAN be without spending a solid month of writing and coding (not to mention loss of sanity).

To Nonesuch, Savin, Fen, hell anyone who actually works hard on this game; I'm sorry you guys have to deal with this crap so much.

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
My sense for people with a sense of entitlement is ringing bells in my head. To OP and others, if you've never even tried to write the story and/or code the game you don't get to come in and talk about laziness or to say with bitterness how crappy it is that you don't have the special cookie that would make your life complete in game. May as well ask for anatomically correct pics of captain Steele.

There is EXACTLY as much backstory and meaningful dialogue regarding these characters as there CAN be without spending a solid month of writing and coding (not to mention loss of sanity).

To Nonesuch, Savin, Fen, hell anyone who actually works hard on this game; I'm sorry you guys have to deal with this crap so much.

Excuse me? Only one person even said anything about laziness and it was not even said in a super negative way. I also did not say anything negative at all about the creators I just felt like we need more "polish". Learn how to read for gods sake! Anyway about the shit I was talking about before. You guys are making this harder than it needs to be. I liked the idea that another poster said about each of the potential mothers should be Vik's close friends. So when the player clicks on them it tells you how close they are to Vik and what they did for him or whats so special about them in particular. And you never have to have them interact with the player because you can hand wave it with an email or some shit. It does not have to be long or anything.

Vio

Feb 24, 2017
i don't even think he banged her, prob just inseminated
9T5Em5c.png

Logboss

Sep 28, 2015
It's been mentioned that Victor went around the galaxy fucking everything in sight much like we do in our own save games. The reason that Captain Steele is the successor rather than any other of their siblings is because they're literally raised and molded to be Victor's ideal heir to the throne. He decides on a race and calls up one of his old fuckbuddies. The entire character creation scene takes place right after insemination with Victor picking and choosing the genes he wants lil' Steele to develop. The PC's entire conception was based around the goal of them coming out on top during this current planet rush. The mother isn't exactly a necessary part in the childhood development, especially since she had literally nothing to do with the Steele family from a company standpoint.

Literally all of this stuff is gone over in the game's intro, anything more is superfluous. The mothers don't need to have backstories and they don't have to be anything more than "common nobodies that he decided to use their genetic material for". It's not like we're lacking in some critical information. What you're essentially asking the writers to do is develop 6 different OC's that have no impact on the story until you actively seek them out.

Maybe there'll be some optional quest in the future that involves finding Steele's mom, but that seems like it'd need a backstory that is not only interesting, but also flexible enough to fit into the timeline of the story and meld with the rest of the current plot... which just sounds like a huge fucking headache to deal with...

She could also just be dead lol

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Excuse me? Only one person even said anything about laziness and it was not even said in a super negative way. I also did not say anything negative at all about the creators I just felt like we need more "polish". Learn how to read for gods sake! Anyway about the shit I was talking about before. You guys are making this harder than it needs to be. I liked the idea that another poster said about each of the potential mothers should be Vik's close friends. So when the player clicks on them it tells you how close they are to Vik and what they did for him or whats so special about them in particular. And you never have to have them interact with the player because you can hand wave it with an email or some shit. It does not have to be long or anything.
Um yeah . . . trivializing the character that you want so much more depth to by calling her a bitch isn't in any way negative. We're not making it harder than it needs to be we're doing two important things. We're NOT writing up every possible scenario for, I believe it's, six different racial mothers. Also, we're not setting up a scenario where the same scenarios will become obsolete by the addition of ANY new playable race. Think before you aggress and mock. YOUR negativity started this, YOUR derision continues it, and YOUR blind ignorance carries the necessitated response that you are missing the picture.

Literally all of this stuff is gone over in the game's intro, anything more is superfluous. The mothers don't need to have backstories and they don't have to be anything more than "common nobodies that he decided to use their genetic material for". It's not like we're lacking in some critical information. What you're essentially asking the writers to do is develop 6 different OC's that have no impact on the story until you actively seek them out.
Yes, this! If people choose not to read the story in a LITERALLY text-based smut game. I'm gonna have to call "SHENANIGANS" *reaches for her broom. Again though the 6 OCs is reliant upon there not being any additional playable races in the future. Savin in particular has indicated strongly that Nanny-bot extreme (sorry her name escapes me at the moment) is more of a mommy figure than any genetic donor may have been. I'm not sure about the "...calls up an old fuck buddy...", pretty sure he just walked up to her and said, "I'll pay you over 9000 unobtanium nuggets to have my baby, on the condition that I get to enjoy the insemination method." To which we already have the response in game of her being "..., quite flattered...".

She is probably omitted for laziness sake. Momzilla would likely be a vary bess-like character, not to mention substantially increasing the work needed to impliment new starting races.
I have to address this now even though I didn't want to before. Laziness is NOT an appropriate choice of words. The fact is that the amount of work to do this sort of thing is just not worth the return in story terms, full stop.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I have to address this now even though I didn't want to before. Laziness is NOT an appropriate choice of words. The fact is that the amount of work to do this sort of thing is just not worth the return in story terms, full stop.

I apologize. I realize that my previous statement was poorly worded. The added value of the content would almost certainly outweigh the time and effort, and i tried to convey that in possibly the worst words possible.

Reactions: Daitya and Logboss

Logboss

Sep 28, 2015
I'm not sure about the "...calls up an old fuck buddy...", pretty sure he just walked up to her and said, "I'll pay you over 9000 unobtanium nuggets to have my baby, on the condition that I get to enjoy the insemination method."
The part I'm talking about is right before the race selection screen. It goes like this:

"The real question is, who should the mother be? Many lovers spring to mind, both human and alien. After all, he has no shortage of them. Should his offspring be a pure human, like himself, or perhaps something a little more exotic? Decisions, decisions...

(You pick a race)
Victor approaches the lady in question. Without hesitation, she agrees, quite flattered to be chosen to sire his child and heir. The sex is amazing, and with the use of special Tamani-brand fertility agents, pregnancy is assured."

When he mentioned the 'lovers' bit I assumed that he was talking about people he'd actually met rather than their race in general, it's vague enough to go either way. Just the thought of Victor randomly picking first lady he sees is easily my new headcanon though.

KidRodent

Sep 29, 2016
I don't think that momzilla would be Bess-like at all. The devs, intentionally or not, dodged that bullet with the way they set up the customization screen— genetic splicing. Thanks to what we know from Punnett's work, we know that a child with two blue eyed parents with Bb genes for blue can still have the possibility of coming out with two other eye colors, namely, BB and bb. Because of how the PC had their genes spliced, the mother could have purple hair and eyes, and the child could come out with blonde hair and blue eyes. So, by that logic, if Momma Steele was coded and the mom turned out to look completely different, the only excuse anybody would have to dish up is "splicing."

But then again, I don't know what it's like to code, so I could just be spewing shit.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
I don't think that momzilla would be Bess-like at all. The devs, intentionally or not, dodged that bullet with the way they set up the customization screen— genetic splicing. Thanks to what we know from Punnett's work, we know that a child with two blue eyed parents with Bb genes for blue can still have the possibility of coming out with two other eye colors, namely, BB and bb. Because of how the PC had their genes spliced, the mother could have purple hair and eyes, and the child could come out with blonde hair and blue eyes. So, by that logic, if Momma Steele was coded and the mom turned out to look completely different, the only excuse anybody would have to dish up is "splicing."

But then again, I don't know what it's like to code, so I could just be spewing shit.
The only thing we know for certain is the species mom is, which all differ sometimes radically in physiology and temperament. There's no 'one size fits all' solution here.

Maybe some day when everything else is done, about a decade from now, we might have a chance.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
The issue is more six plus species of mom that also might interact with your backstory set up. That's a fair shake of distinct characters, which would be worse then Bess - and might grow over time if more options are added.

All for backstory considerations that are purposefully kept largely vague to facilitate the player making it up for themselves. And incest kinks, too, sure.

As it stands, there actually is a footnote for a mom, though with a specific (not released) species for a specific reason and it's a pretty old footnote, now.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
I apologize. I realize that my previous statement was poorly worded. The added value of the content would almost certainly outweigh the time and effort, and i tried to convey that in possibly the worst words possible.
Your candor is appreciated, but I disagree with your assessment of the value of the content.

When he mentioned the 'lovers' bit I assumed that he was talking about people he'd actually met rather than their race in general, it's vague enough to go either way. Just the thought of Victor randomly picking first lady he sees is easily my new headcanon though.
While there is a subtle implication that the mother might be a current/former lover, as you mentioned yourself there's nothing concrete. Papa Smu-, ahem, Papa Steele could just as easily chosen a breeder for us because he saw her at a party, or because of any number of variables that no one can completely take into account.

Yeah, and everyone here that knows something about coding, hell even about writing for the game is saying that it would be a nightmare. I suggest that everyone pay attention to the people who DO know.

And Ted. Well Ted manages to say everything I've been trying to say in three lines, and somehow manages to be absolutely unoffensive too >.< Not sure if I should be screaming, "Teach me sempai!", or crying in my pillow at failing so miserably to be an elegant and graceful communicator.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
The issue is more six plus species of mom that also might interact with your backstory set up. .
Wait, what? I thought Victor just paid to have us born and sent mother dearest on her way while Victor chose our path. How does [insert PC Mom here] affect our backstory? By describing Victor's, or something?

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Well the lazy choice that can be taken is to just make 1 mom NPC, whose appearance changes depending on what you choose at the start, but with no other real changes between how she acts or speaks.

That way you only really need to create 1 NPC, instead of 6+, and all you'd need for the appearence is a set of tags like [SteeleMom.Height] or what have you. That way if a new choice of starting race gets added there would be very little work needed to update Steele's mom to deal with the new race traits.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Steele's ma always reminds me of ME1 where you choose the past that means Shepard's mum is still alive, and the increasingly and hilariously perfunctory reminders that she exists.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Yeah, but if you're going to do it that way, then why even bother? That is, imo, worse than just having her be faceless/nonexistent.

Like, bugpony mom would be significantly different from doggo mom would be significantly different from catte mom would be significantly-- you get the point. The reason being is that all of the starting races have pretty significantly fleshed-out lore. If catte mom was really a full-blood kaithrit woman, wouldn't she be pretty dommy? She'd be tall and fit and probably a bit bossier than doggo mom would be. And she'd have nowhere near the huge butt that bugpony mom would have. Also there's two starting races that are herms, which complicates things even more because her sex scenes (because what's even the point of writing her otherwise?) would have to account for all that variance.

If we're just looking for a lip service scene mentioning that your mom exists, I'm sure something could be thrown together just for shits, but it'd be a really low priority at best.
Yay the Misty comes in to point out all the things I can see as problems but not put into words!!!! *MWAAAHHHH!*

Personally, I think it's a much tidier way of dealing with the whole "mom" loose end, but I know lore-only rewrites aren't the most popular of suggestions...
But can you REALLY see Big Daddy Steele NOT taking the opportunity to put his dick into someone?