Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Eh, the lancer is good, but I wouldn’t call it a the best gun, there are a lot of guns that are just as good, and better looking guns, like the n7 weapons, I like to keep switching weapons depending on what I’m in the mood to use

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
The N7 weapons are good, except the Valkyrie, It's just personal preference. I don't like the typhoon's startup and the revenant is to inaccurate over longer ranges. I'd prefer the harrier but it has too low capacity. The lancer is the best of all worlds once fully upgraded. Give it a thermal clip capacity attachment and a piecing mod and it'll stomp almost any enemy. 3 was the best for weapons though. They all function differently and have a lot of variety. The weight system was kinda lame though but I only ever benefitted from it since I always carried 2 weapons as a soldier.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Lol the typhoon start up isn’t all that bad for me, and the Valkyrie is burst fire, it’s ok, but there’s more assault rifles that are good, there’s the turian assault rifle, and I use the indra too for long range, and has good damage

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Yeah but it's just a two fire burst and is too heavy for it's overall performance and is in the worst dlc. The turian AR is bland and I just don't like it's design. The indra is good though. I'm just a disgusting barbarian who can't aim for shit and has to get in my enemies' faces. Shockingly, I only got insta killed doing that once. The crusader is best though. All hail the mighty slug.

• Haha

Lone Wolf115

Guardian armor is too chonky and forces a helmet. The hide helmet option only works in some cutscenes too and that sucks. And fully upgraded Lancer is best gun.

James didn't suck but they really dropped the ball with his introduction. And by introduction, I mean James is just there now. Ending will always be shit and would've been an easy fix. I stopped trusting Bioware in part because of that ending.
Lancer well you know how to use it so that recharge when you overheat it, yeah no I used I once and didn't like it but I can manage it in the first one. My favorite armor is the hahne kedar armor pieces. AR Avenger, sniper Widow, handgun, carnfeix.

I liked the ending personally, go out with a bang.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Lancer well you know how to use it so that recharge when you overheat it, yeah no I used I once and didn't like it but I can manage it in the first one. My favorite armor is the hahne kedar armor pieces. AR Avenger, sniper Widow, handgun, carnfeix.

I liked the ending personally, go out with a bang.

Once you upgrade it and increase its capacity, the overheat stops being an issue. And I gotta disagree, that ending was wasn't a bang. It was barely a whimper. And poorly handled and nonsensical. They really dropped the ball and could've easily fixed it but refused at every opportunity. ME3 wasn't perfect, but whoever made those dream sequences and ending should be blacklisted.

TheShepard256

I find the Lancer's drawbacks are mitigated by only firing it in short bursts; it's an ideal weapon for those (like me) who want to use powers often while still dealing significant weapon damage while on cooldown.

As for the ending, I'm not sold on the Reaper's driving force being based on the premise that synthetic life will always try to overthrow and eradicate the organic life that created it, because the geth are proof that that premise is false. Even if we take it to be true, the only ending that arguably truly solves the problem (Synthesis) won't necessarily work, since fully synthetic AIs can still be created and the role once held by organics will instead be held by the organic-synthetic hybrids created by the Synthesis. And it's entirely possible abiogenesis will create fully organic life later.
Here's my custom ending:
Shepard looks like they're going to pick Control, but instead they contact the geth and use their omni-tool as a 'server' or 'gateway' or something for the geth to hack into the Catalyst, then Shepard changes the Catalyst's definition of life using their own as an example. The end result: the Catalyst realises the impossibility of protecting all life, 'breaks', and immediately calls off the entirety of the Reaper forces so as not to cause any more deaths (since killing pretty much anyone would go against its redefined directive). Shepard is injured but survives, as does Anderson; he merely fainted from exhaustion and blood loss.

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
Yeah, the ending of Mass Effect 3 was the worst of whimpers
It had been building for a glorious climax for the whole game as a desperate fight was going towards ahead.
Then they killed that climax like a bitter lover and broke it with a hammer

There were some kinda bad things in the plot already like the Illusive Man's dumb schemes and Kei Leng, Kei Leng, and how could I forget, fucking Kei Leng!
But the ending was truly bad and the star baby killed all the forward momentum and they gave the Reaper's, these unfathomable genocide machines from beyeond the stars such a stupid motive instead of keeping their motivations unfathomable save for just the joy of reaping. (Also the whole if you destroy us you destroy all other synthetic life to was also a hearty fuck you moment.)

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I try not to think about Kai Leng. He gives me an aneurism. And that vent kid was dumb enough, but making his image become techno Jesus was just stupid. And that motivation. Out of every option, that's what they went with. Not unfathomable cosmic horror, not beings that think they are bringing life to its pinnacle, not that dark matter plot, but they went with "Yo dawg I heard you like synthetics. So I made synthetics to kill you into becoming synthetic so that you don't make synthetics that kill you!"

I don't even hate the crucible. It could've worked. Just make it so the higher galactic readiness, the better the outcome. High readiness gives them enough time and resources to make the crucible fine tuned to only kill reapers and husks. Mid readiness disables the relays and kills all synthetics. Low readiness blows up the relays, wiping out everything and effectively resetting the Milky Way. End 1 and 2 could've done a Fallout New Vegas style slide show. It'd have been light years better than what we got. And remove Kai Leng and and that stupid vent boy too.

Good. You opened this message. This isn't actually about spoilers and hot takes.
Everyone knows about the series plot and Bioware is too busy cleaning up what's left of their reputation to change anything.

So you survived reading through Winter's whiny text in this thread. You're not as weak as I thought.
But never forget that your best wasn't enough to save Mass Effect. Now an entire franchise is dying because you lacked
the strength to win. The legend of Shepard needs to be rewritten with a better finale. I hope I'm there for the last
chapter. It ends with Mass Effect 4 getting lukewarm sales and reviews and EA killing Bioware.

-Edgy Douche that Literally No One Liked.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Ikr, the build up to the ending was good, like the last mission, even though the last part was annoying

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
First DLC in the franchise where you could get your own apartment. Somewhere out in the boonies.

Cripes, that guy was insufferable. A poster boy villain that was shoehorned in from the novels. Only thing he was good for was getting "renegade-triggered" into oblivion.
You and theshepard256 are talking about the same dlc

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Pinnacle Station was more fun than it had any right to be. It's a shame they lost it's files. That apartment got me the spectre master gear earlier than I should've been allowed.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
I don’t buy anything in me1 unless I really need to, like if there’s good turian, krogan, and quarian armor, other than that, I wait till after vermier to buy the level 10 specter weapons

the best weapons inside the specter weapons are the Russian sounding weapons

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
You ain't ever getting good alien teammate gear on a first playthrough. But if you want Colossus armor for a human, then you're in luck. And the black spectre master gear is the best. They're fun to shoot, have best damage, have best accuracy, and best capacity. I put those thermal sink thingies that increase capacity and damage and then put explosive rounds on the rifle. Combined with overkill and Shepard becomes the living incarnation of "Fuck around and find out". Sucks that they removed those god tier guns and explosive ammo afterwards.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Then you had bad luck, I found plenty, and the Russian sounding guns are the best, cuz it’s not worth buying lower their specter weapons, plus you can find them in the world, or buying them and they are much cheaper, it’s best to save your money for the level 10 specter weapons, and after vermire, you can get the full set of level 10 specter weapons

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
WAT...they did?

Yeah. The weapon system was changed so it makes sense. And explosive ammo is only mentioned. It sucks but it makes sense for balancing. It'd have been fine if gun customization extended to appearance and different firing modes were available.

Then you had bad luck, I found plenty, and the Russian sounding guns are the best, cuz it’s not worth buying lower their specter weapons, plus you can find them in the world, or buying them and they are much cheaper, it’s best to save your money for the level 10 specter weapons, and after vermire, you can get the full set of level 10 specter weapons

They're best until spectre master gear is unlocked. The HMWA X is the best AR in the game. Same for the others. Money isn't an issue later on anyway. If anything, I was suffering from success. HMWA X is best girl. Forget Liara and Tali, get you a girl with no weaknesses and 2 modification slots. There's nothing sexier than an OP gun spitting explosive bullets.

And the good doctor Conrad was right. Cooldown may have been annoying, especially when hit by sabotage. But thermal clips are a regression.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I know I just don't remember the names. But as far as rifles go, if you're talking about the Kovalyov or other stuff named similarly, it's inferior in every stat to the spectre master gear.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Yea that’s the one, I know they are inferior, I use them while im saving for the level 10 specter weapons

Got ya. I prefer the Breaker ones for that because they have more accuracy. Gotta compensate for my piss poor aiming.

Anybody else hate the Omega DLC? That was a slog. And poorly written. It was pretty much a warning to not let them make Andromeda.

Lone Wolf115

Got ya. I prefer the Breaker ones for that because they have more accuracy. Gotta compensate for my piss poor aiming.

Anybody else hate the Omega DLC? That was a slog. And poorly written. It was pretty much a warning to not let them make Andromeda.
The Geth Pulse Rifle is accurate as fuck just can't add mods to it in the first one, sucks that there's not one in the second one.

I found the combat pleasing, the Adjutants had me shiting myself until I beat it and used warp ammo bonus power, then they were tissue paper, than again everything turns into that when you have that power.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
It wasn't difficult, just boring and poorly written as hell. The environments were nice though, I'll give them that. That general guy was kinda lame though. Not Kai Leng level but still not good.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018

I love it actually

who did you romance?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
who did you romance?

The revenant obviously. Although I cheated in 3.

Seriously though, I play femshep and am only attracted to women so my options are limited. I usually just romance Traynor. I'd go for Miranda otherwise and am eagerly awaiting when the modders enable her romance for femshep.

Lone Wolf115

Seriously though, I play femshep and am only attracted to women so my options are limited. I usually just romance Traynor. I'd go for Miranda otherwise and am eagerly awaiting when the modders enable her romance for femshep.
I read somewhere that femshep is actually canon, but I'm not sure if that's true,

TheShepard256

I read somewhere that femshep is actually canon, but I'm not sure if that's true,
In EU materials (e.g. the books), the writers have gone out of their way to not mention any attribute of Shepard that could invalidate any possible playthrough of Mass Effect; that includes gender. Maybe you're thinking of KOTOR's MC/Revan, another BioWare protagonist who the writers of both KOTOR and KOTORII considered to be canonically female*?
*This was before later works established them to be male.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
The revenant obviously. Although I cheated in 3.

What about liara?