Kineticist Feedback Thread

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
When you use a crushing attack on an opponent inflicted with deep freeze, it does bonus damage at the expense of getting rid of deep freeze. It's in the tooltip of deep freeze itself.
I see what you're saying. Then yes, the proc is definitely not working appropriately since damage is not doubling and the deep freeze affect is unchanged by crushing damage.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Are you using a weapon or Telekinetic Warrior? Custom Shock Gear & Rough Leash both interact with Deep Freeze properly (LM19 “Entropy” Kinetic Decelerator). 0.9.067-PUBLIC#3772

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
Are you using a weapon or Telekinetic Warrior? Custom Shock Gear & Rough Leash both interact with Deep Freeze properly (LM19 “Entropy” Kinetic Decelerator). 0.9.067-PUBLIC#3772

Telekenetic warrior. At the moment, neither the procs that should work with concussive augmentation or the skill Mind Crush appears to properly interact with Deep Freeze.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Trip stand-ups: There are two NPC AI places that can drive a character to stand, and I only changed one of them. I've corrected this as well as ensuring that even very very intelligent enemies have a chance to stay down at least one round, and even the dumbest enemies will only stay down 3-4 turns.

Reactions: Ovid

Fenoxo

Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Figured out why my changes to telekinetic warrior weren't proccing correctly - I added the "CRUSHING" damageFlag to weapon instead of weapon's "baseDamage" object, which doesn't generate errors but fails to proc properly. This appears to be a fairly common mistake that I am addressing across the codebase now.

Reactions: Medge and Ovid

Fenoxo

Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Got the mind crush + deep freeze proc working. Needed to tweak the code that handles the deep freeze shatter proc to apply to more kinds of attacks.

Reactions: Medge and Ovid

Zerotheglitch

Nov 15, 2022
seems the accessory to generate 25% additional energy doesn't work correctly since i'm only getting the 5 and 10 energy respectfully from the entropic leach and vitality siphon; if it should be my fault it would be due to me spawning it in to try it out without getting it.

Edit: It Does Work at least with entropic leach it just doesn't display in the log.
Edit Again: I Did not check Vitality siphon When i checked the gain of entropic leech for the second time and still haven't at this point of time.

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Now that Resolve doesn't boost maximum Willpower, should Sensory Dampener be boosted to +10 like the other Implants?

Tigirus

Feb 9, 2020
@Fenoxo As an aside how is the accuracy for Force Darts calculated? It says int for accuracy and will for damage but is it still boosted by things like the eye piece?

I am just curious as it seems to be one of the highest damage skills that the kineticist gets but can be a little varied in damage (which is fine) but it could be an interesting tradeoff to take an aim increasing accessory rather than an energy boosting one if you want to do a pure psychic build.

Reactions: Ovid

Boshe

Apr 4, 2022
@Fenoxo As an aside how is the accuracy for Force Darts calculated? It says int for accuracy and will for damage but is it still boosted by things like the eye piece?

I am just curious as it seems to be one of the highest damage skills that the kineticist gets but can be a little varied in damage (which is fine) but it could be an interesting tradeoff to take an aim increasing accessory rather than an energy boosting one if you want to do a pure psychic build.
I'd assume it's similar to the TW weapons, which is just a +INT/10 to accuracy.

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
To speed up combat, could we maybe have a quick ability button or two that allows you to cast the last ability you cast without opening the specials menu? Would probably be best to do 2 or more so you can alternate skills easily. It's not that big of a deal, but over a full playthrough, the extra time menuing does add up, and minimizing that a little would be nice.

Jan 29, 2022
Reminder for all you lucky backers: You can switch Perks in the Level Up menu if Cheats are enabled.

Sunder only works on Defense from Armor, I think. I'm not sure how useful that actually is.

Disarm is a borderline worthless status. When I tested Disarming Shot, I found most enemies were either immune or had significant backup attacks. In many cases, they didn't lose any attacks at all.

Tripped enemies always stand up at the end of their turn, so it's impossible to set up combos with it. Even so, Trip would be a lot more reliably useful than Disarm (or Sunder).
I would like to know, just as to how one is able to swap, because I have cheats enabled and no such features happen on the app version.

Duskein

Jun 30, 2023
@Fenoxo Attacking with the quarterstaff crashes the game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230728_214258_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_214258_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230728_214249_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_214249_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 5

Napargonaga

Dec 7, 2021
It seems that gravity crush and psychic slam only work on enemies that are between 5'6" and 6'0" tall. From what I can understand, the code tries to get the tallness property of an integer, making the tallness multiplier NaN

Reactions: BonkersDark

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Tripped enemies attack themselves. I don't know if allies do too. Not sure where to test that.

Duskein

Jun 30, 2023
During first fight of karaquest, I was using Gravity Flux and on the 3rd time, the game crashed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230729_092517_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_092517_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230729_092531_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_092531_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230729_092536_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_092536_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 1

Duskein

Jun 30, 2023
Finding the Psinoise Generator in Zheng Shi crashes the game

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230729_110950_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_110950_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230729_110946_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729_110946_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 1

BonkersDark

Jan 20, 2022
EDIT: Oof, larger issue. I have Telekinetic Warrior active, and went to put on a Rocket Hammer (from one of the Tarkus vendors). But when I go into battle, my melee weapon is reverted to Kinetic Force, and my rocket hammer disappears into nothing. Thankfully, it's just melee weapons this happens with, not ranged. When I re-perk into Third Eye Aim, the melee weapon deletion stops happening.
EDIT: when I switched back to Telekinetic Warrior, I couldn't get my melee to disappear again. So, it happened a few times, but a perk switch seems to have fixed it?
This is still occuring for me but the weapon deletion still occurs after perk switching

TalRasha

Mar 14, 2023
Geothermal Spike doesn't hit targets that can fly, but doesn't have "Flying" status and does have "Tripped" status. To put it simply: they don't even start to fly yet (Sophora for example), but GS already can't hit them.

P.S. slightly out of topic, but staves still useless even in kineticist hands.

Monochrome969

Jul 22, 2023
The weapon eating still happens with Telekenetic Warrior and as a lot of people have been mentioning, as long as an opponent has the ability to fly at some point within the battle, Geothermal Spike wont hit them. Notable examples are on Uveto with the stormguards and Frostwyrm

BonkersDark

Jan 20, 2022
Gravity Crush doesn't seem to do anything. I get the message "You grab hold of the gravity around Sophora and press it tighter, crushing her down with one of the fundamental forces of creation!", but she doesn't lose any shields or HP. Also, while levitating, Sophora somehow manages to trip me, although that shouldn't be possible since I'm in the air.
Geothermal Spike doesn't hit if the opponent has the ability to fly, even if they are not currently flying (ie Sophora). Unnatural Reserves also sometimes triggers (shown under debuffs) even when my character hasn't lost any HP in the fight.
Both of these are still occurring for me (especially against Sophora). Gravity Crush and the multihit Slam ability more often than not waste a turn and energy w/o actually doing anything.
If the abilities are simply missing frequently, that's okay, I would just like for the game to say that I missed in those cases.
And in regards to the Spike, against sophora (and other enemies that have the potential the fly), it's an auto miss even if the character is not currently airborne.

Ovid

Jun 4, 2017
v0.9.069

Slightly awkward question, but where is the option to activate Levitation? It says on the perk it's an activated ability, yet I don't see it under Special.

Next, is there a reason Acid Cloud's tool tip in battle says "a moderately powerful freezing attack." and yet when you use it, it says it's a corrosive acid attack. Does it do freezing or corrosive damage?

Acid Cloud says it auto-crits "immobilized targets". What status effect is this looking for? Or does it just mean immobile enemies like turrets? I'm not seeing it working on Tripped enemies, and there's no "Immobilized" status effect as far as I'm aware. EDIT: I think it's looking for "Stunned", as that's the only time I've reliably critted with Acid Cloud. But why doesn't the description say that?

Mind Crush is a cool move, but does it have to cost 20 energy when it already has the 4 turn cooldown? I'm not a fan of having both energy and restricted usage for a move.

The in-battle tooltip for Debris Field is instead using the Gravity Flux description.
"Debris Field: Causes gravity over to become crushingly high, dealing moderate unresistable damage to all enemies and additional kinetic damage to flying enemies. May cause Tripped Condition. costs 25 energy to use. "
(Disclaimer, I've been re-perking while testing this class, I'm not sure if that caused the description issue).

Haste is cool, but there's no mention that using it will immediately cause you to attack the same turn you activate it. Also, how does it determine what to automatically attack with, melee or ranged? I only got it to use my Telekinetic Warrior Ranged attack on the same turn I activated Haste.

Is there any way to let the player know when Gravity Crush won't do ANY damage to an enemy? I've had Varmints and Nyreans and Ganraels not get any sort of damage numbers at all. Not even a -0. I know it's meant for larger enemies, but wasting 40 energy to do absolutely nothing to human size enemies is kind of annoying.
EDIT: and yet, I can hit Bothriocs with it for a ton of damage. So why not Nyreans/etc?

Psychic Slam's 4-turn cooldown is happening between battles. As in, use it in Battle A to finish an enemy, then in Battle B you still have to wait 4 rounds.
On the flip side, Gravity Crush is NOT doing this, so you can use it immediately in the next fight.

Debris Field is STILL occurring over multiple battles. but I think that was already reported.

Last edited: