Jstar's Treasure Trove

Revenant

Dec 28, 2022
I always went for pure Drifa and I will most likely still prefer her, but I'd be willing to go for corrupt Drifa's route if that didn't happen whereas before I wouldn't even really consider it.

Jstar

Feb 20, 2020
what would be the justification for the clearly amoral corrupt lupines to not, however? without an explanation like her blasting away at her captors hiding in a corner the whole time, it stretches disbelief
Another captive (an elf girl) bit the bullet to protect her

Reactions: valkyr42

Yokohama

Feb 19, 2020
imo it should stay in it serves a better narrative bridge between the two paths. It's the corrupt path it should be the more cruel path, C. drifa isn't a nice cinnamon roll she is broken and jaded, but i do see how you have kinda back doored the pool option (especially with c. point gain) to take the abuse's place, just seems like a mellowing out of the route to me

Reactions: Asora

Jstar

Feb 20, 2020
imo it should stay in it serves a better narrative bridge between the two paths. It's the corrupt path it should be the more cruel path, C. drifa isn't a nice cinnamon roll she is broken and jaded, but i do see how you have kinda back doored the pool option (especially with c. point gain) to take the abuse's place, just seems like a mellowing out of the route to me
There's also Rimescore, where if she attunes to it, she basically gains a 2nd ego which is twisting her mind. Also, the pool was always going to be there.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
I'm likely going to remove the possibility of Drifa getting graped if she got captured during your first encounter with her. If she got dognapped, the player will always arrive to save her before anything bad happens. What are all y'all's opinion on this change?
Depends on your reason. Since it's time gated (I think you mentioned it gets worse the longer you don't save her) I think it's some coding effort to leave in?

If it's a workload issue, cut it. Your project is already gigantic by any standard.

If it's an issue with being on a timer you could include a big fat warning in the quest text and codex.

Reactions: MellowNumel

Asora

May 27, 2019
I'm likely going to remove the possibility of Drifa getting graped if she got captured during your first encounter with her. If she got dognapped, the player will always arrive to save her before anything bad happens. What are all y'all's opinion on this change?
For me, that was the part I was looking forward the most to, so it would be sorely missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yokohama

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
I personally don't care for that kind of content. Even in loss scenes there's usually some amount of implied consent.

Reactions: Emerald

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
That's like incest, even in fiction people just can't seem to get it's fake.
There's a bit of a disconnect on there. Incest is a social taboo but free from that social contract its essentially just another form of sex.

Rape is different in that it channels a much darker aspect of the human psyche, one that revolves less about sexual gratification and more towards power dynamics and domination of another individual at the cost of their freedom and safety.

I don't shy away from combat or violence in video games but I have little desire to slaughter random npcs so likewise I wouldn't endorse my champion violating someone to a similar vein.

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
I don't shy away from combat or violence in video games but I have little desire to slaughter random npcs so likewise I wouldn't endorse my champion violating someone to a similar vein.
but it isn't the champ's actions. it is the corrupt lupines. what is the point of not exploring the grotesque behavior of the demons? why even fight them, then?

Reactions: Ultra Chad

CroqueMonsieur

Jul 17, 2023
good, but we are unlikely to see the aftermath of things with this elf girl; there is nothing to display the long-term effects.

I get your frustration though, the lupines - and by extension, demons in general - are still the villains at the end of the day, and thus supposed to be disliked.

Or at least until we bonk them over the head or talk some sense into them.

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
I was more speaking to the idea of the champion being the one to do so but even in terms of one where the champion is absent it is still a vastly different dynamic then any other kind of scene the game offers with even being dommed not coming close.

I don't mean to say its not content that should exist but it is vastly different from what is conventionally expected, with one wrong click sending you to material that can make some physically sick. Not some prude that doesn't get certain kinks but people who just don't have the stomach utterly dark material.

I personally can't watch Goblin Slayer, it actually repulses me. Its for some and I respect that. I'm merely trying to give perspective as to why there are people that don't like the idea of genuine rape content being added.

CroqueMonsieur

Jul 17, 2023
I was more speaking to the idea of the champion being the one to do so but even in terms of one where the champion is absent it is still a vastly different dynamic then any other kind of scene the game offers with even being dommed not coming close.

I don't mean to say its not content that should exist but it is vastly different from what is conventionally expected, with one wrong click sending you to material that can make some physically sick. Not some prude that doesn't get certain kinks but people who just don't have the stomach utterly dark material.

I personally can't watch Goblin Slayer, it actually repulses me. Its for some and I respect that. I'm merely trying to give perspective as to why there are people that don't like the idea of genuine rape content being added.

I understand, i'm personally not into that sort of content either, and i apologize if it seemed like i was suggesting you were a prude for not wanting to see horrible people doing horrible things.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see, i'm confident that whatever Jstar decides to do, it'll be a enjoyable read regardless.

Reactions: Jstar and valkyr42

Jstar

Feb 20, 2020
From what i gather from Jstar's posts, the lupines' actions will still be explored. Just without Drifa in the crosshairs.
There'll be an instance where you run into a mini boss mid-fucking a catboy's ass
good, but we are unlikely to see the aftermath of things with this elf girl; there is nothing to display the long-term effects.
You find her right as you enter the dungeon where she's naked and trying to escape, but has to hide. You have the option of selling her out to a corrupted lupine jailor in exchange for directions, removing the fog of war

Last edited: