Is there any way to become a foxmorph after having accepted Keros' offer?

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I have a character that I'm going down the Kitsune route for, but after accepting the offer I notice that it blocks any transformation to most areas. I knew already that it would do that, but I was hoping that it would still accept fox-related transformations so I could get back the more heavily anthro foxmorph form (but with the kitsune tails still active)

Is there any way at all to do this, or am I stuck with the human form?

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
I mean, the game warns you numerous times about what you won't be able to change after taking the tf.
As a result of stabilising the portal magics which caused you to be highly mutable, transformations that fall into these categories, and sub-categories thereof, will be blocked and made ineffectual: face, head, limbs, tail and body.
So as far as the game is concerned, no, you can't.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I would disagree that anthro foxes aren't kitsunes, but oh well, not much to do about that I suppose

Thanks for confirming it

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Anthro foxes have muzzles, are furred and have digitigrade legs, Kitsune have none of those.

You can, but you would be literally objectively wrong.

Y'all wanna bet?

The original kitsunes were straight up feral foxes with multiple tails.
See; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Prince_Hanzoku_terrorised_by_a_nine-_tailed_fox.jpg

They could shapeshift into humans, but the default form was straight up fox

It's only in recent times that the whole "human with fox ears and tail" has become kitsune

So having an anthro fox be a variant kitsune isn't really far fetched, and you can find that in some games. The Pathfinder RPG for example, uses full on anthro foxes as the default form of kitsunes.

Of course, this game has a lore of its own, so if you say that kitsunes in this game is only hte human variant, then that's of course canon, but just saying that it's not that far fetched to have anthro versions

(And just for the sake of clarification; I am not asking for that to be added, nor do I mind kitsunes being defined as human-like only in this game. I just asked the original question in case there was a way to get the anthro fox version, because I prefer that)

Reactions: Aurore

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
And Call of Cthulhu shows them as alien spirits, but it doesn't change that this game shows them as being x or having y features in particular.

It has happened through the times and will keep on happening, especially due to pop culture elements. Kobolds that aren't German sprites but diminutive dogs or lizards, green or pig-like orcs, the figure of Lamia being associated with nagini when Melusine could be a more fitting reference, actual nagini being named nagas, Baphomet being depicted using Eliphas Lévi's representation, "taur" used as "animal body with several legs" instead of "bull", "alicorn" not refering to the horn of an unicorn and so on and so forth.
I mean... "Anthro" has its roots in the term "anthropos", which ironically means "human" in Greek. But someone decided that "anthropomorphic" was too long of a word and decided to roll with it when it came to talk about furries, scalies and the ilk.

Last edited:

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
This is why we can't have nice things.

Someone go wake Cthulhu up.

• Haha
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
And Cthulhu Mythos shows them as alien spirits, but it doesn't change that this game shows them as x in particular.

Where x= a writhing mass of tentacles and malice, or big tiddy goth gf.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Someone go wake Cthulhu up.

We may have to. It's taking that giant asteroid too long to get here

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Y'all wanna bet?

The original kitsunes were straight up feral foxes with multiple tails.
See; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Prince_Hanzoku_terrorised_by_a_nine-_tailed_fox.jpg

They could shapeshift into humans, but the default form was straight up fox

It's only in recent times that the whole "human with fox ears and tail" has become kitsune

So having an anthro fox be a variant kitsune isn't really far fetched, and you can find that in some games. The Pathfinder RPG for example, uses full on anthro foxes as the default form of kitsunes.

Of course, this game has a lore of its own, so if you say that kitsunes in this game is only hte human variant, then that's of course canon, but just saying that it's not that far fetched to have anthro versions

(And just for the sake of clarification; I am not asking for that to be added, nor do I mind kitsunes being defined as human-like only in this game. I just asked the original question in case there was a way to get the anthro fox version, because I prefer that)
The thing is THESE kitsune as in the CoC2 kitsune are not those kitsune you are going on about.
Since the kitsune race of CoC2 was deemed kemono and nothing more than that, that's what kitsune are in this game and that rules out any gotchas.

I like furry kitsune too, but that's not THESE kitsune, the game's rules override any "BUT ACTUALLY-" here. x.x

• Angry
Reactions: Lone Wolf115