Is the Goo Body Armor finished?

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
So, are all the plans for the goo body armor finished? Would the devs be opposed to allowing the PC to shape the Goo Armor differently to emulate different types of armor? 

Is this another silly pipe dream of over-customization?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
So, are all the plans for the goo body armor finished?

No.  There will be more upgrades in the future so it stays relevant as armor.

Would the devs be opposed to allowing the PC to shape the Goo Armor differently to emulate different types of armor?

Yes.

Is this another silly pipe dream of over-customization?

Yes.

Reactions: Ormael

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
No.  There will be more upgrades in the future so it stays relevant as armor.

Yes.

Yes.

Could you elaborate on what type of upgrades, or does it still need to be planned out?

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
the goo armor is my favorite because of its passive ability, I'm glad that it'll remain relevant.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Could you elaborate on what type of upgrades, or does it still need to be planned out?

"Planned out" implies a plan.

I wrote an upgrade for Nova that can be found in the dungeon I wrote for Uveto, based off mimicking some qualities of that dungeon's final boss, though as the dungeon has not been implemented yet there's no guarantee it will actually make it into the game.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
"Planned out" implies a plan.

I wrote an upgrade for Nova that can be found in the dungeon I wrote for Uveto, based off mimicking some qualities of that dungeon's final boss, though as the dungeon has not been implemented yet there's no guarantee it will actually make it into the game.

Oh yeah, could I get a link to all relevant docs re: that dungeon? A quick glance indicates its not on the codepile, so if it's done...

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ohh and shield adding upgrade...as mostly tech fan I much approve adding additional shield points to my PC. Also soon(ish) our bubbly(ish) goo companion will be not weaker than military grade power armors ^^

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Ohh and shield adding upgrade...as mostly tech fan I much approve adding additional shield points to my PC. Also soon(ish) our bubbly(ish) goo companion will be not weaker than military grade power armors ^^
now you have to file paperwork to get her onto planets because now she’s a class-seventy assault droid. With a dick. Made of goo.

Full drone mode, anyone?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Sexual upgrades?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Full drone mode, anyone?

Hahah I know a DBZ-ish joke: What will be of fusion of PC, drone and Goo Armor?

A Perfect Organism ;)

Anyway speaking of drones Couch dung got something not bad for drone tach PC's aside goo rmor upgrade xD

@noobsaleh: you mean upgrading her option to make mini-goo girls for tease attacks? What would it be then? A full scale clones?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I've made some minor additions to interact with the goo armor a bit more. It's not finished, but maybe part of it will appear in the next release.

The changes are mainly superficial, in that it most of them won't drastically change the armor's stats, but Steele is able to manipulate certain details to tailor the goo armor's look, both the armor and her form. What is currently planned is having Steele modify her based on what she's learned:

1. Changing her outside appearance and her outfit form (shape, pattern, emblems)
  2. Making a helmet (to be an airtight suit)
  3. Turning herself into a swimsuit
  4. Having her expose body parts (increasing sexiness at the cost of defense points)

In that order. So far, only the appearance and outfit forms, and the helmet have been implemented in a pull request. I just need to write up how she learns the swimsuit and exposed forms and the blurbs for the exposure toggles and it should be the complete package for that--though I have no idea when I'll get back to it to say for certain.

The options I've made are also expandable, so if the devs or others want to make additions, they can be easily be squeezed in without too much trouble. The new bits just require two or three general descriptions to fill in the blurbs with. New bits can be unlockables too, similar to how the goo menu is with genitalia. The way she learns each major stage is by having Steele talk to her inside the ship while she is not being worn. After the first time, if Steele wears an outfit/armor with the properties she needs to learn next, she will attempt to learn it. Her customization options will change based on whether or not she is worn--wearing her will give armor edit options, while having her in the inventory will enable altering her appearance. Putting her in storage will make her cry, you monster.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I've made some minor additions to interact with the goo armor a bit more. It's not finished, but maybe part of it will appear in the next release.

The changes are mainly superficial, in that it most of them won't drastically change the armor's stats, but Steele is able to manipulate certain details to tailor the goo armor's look, both the armor and her form. What is currently planned is having Steele modify her based on what she's learned:

1. Changing her outside appearance and her outfit form (shape, pattern, emblems)
  4. Having her expose body parts (increasing sexiness at the cost of defense points)

In that order. So far, only the appearance and outfit forms, and the helmet have been implemented in a pull request. I just need to write up how she learns the swimsuit and exposed forms and the blurbs for the exposure toggles and it should be the complete package for that--though I have no idea when I'll get back to it to say for certain.

The options I've made are also expandable, so if the devs or others want to make additions, they can be easily be squeezed in without too much trouble. The new bits just require two or three general descriptions to fill in the blurbs with. New bits can be unlockables too, similar to how the goo menu is with genitalia. The way she learns each major stage is by having Steele talk to her inside the ship while she is not being worn. After the first time, if Steele wears an outfit/armor with the properties she needs to learn next, she will attempt to learn it. Her customization options will change based on whether or not she is worn--wearing her will give armor edit options, while having her in the inventory will enable altering her appearance. Putting her in storage will make her cry, you monster.

*Checks date just to make sure it´s not April fools

This sounds awesome. I especially like that we can talk to her more.

I almost can´t wait to see this get implemented :D

Putting her in storage will make her cry, you monster.

I´d never be able to put her in storage. It would be too cruel ;_; 

All she wants is to see and experience the wide world. Only a monster would do such a thing. 

Zavos

May 7, 2016

I think its a great start.  I hope more gets built upon at, or at the vary least it dosn't annoy Gedan too much. 

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Slightly broken if you access her menu during combat--but this should be fixed in the next pull request.

She will also gain the ability to heal (50 HP when asked on an hourly basis), similar to reprogramming a goo on the field, if your character carries enough microbots in the inventory (10 or so), along with her.

I'm also thinking that since she has so many free-ish perks, to lock some of these unlocks behind the character's current level--That way it won't be easy to access for early game (and cheaters!). Would this be reasonable and what level should I tier each new ability at? Namely, it might be best to lock the helmet, exposure and healing abilities behind a certain level. The rest are superficial changes that don't make the user any more or less powerful.

Reactions: CloudStriker

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Slightly broken if you access her menu during combat--but this should be fixed in the next pull request.

She will also gain the ability to heal (50 HP when asked on an hourly basis), similar to reprogramming a goo on the field, if your character carries enough microbots in the inventory (10 or so), along with her.

I'm also thinking that since she has so many free-ish perks, to lock some of these unlocks behind the character's current level--That way it won't be easy to access for early game (and cheaters!). Would this be reasonable and what level should I tier each new ability at? Namely, it might be best to lock the helmet, exposure and healing abilities behind a certain level. The rest are superficial changes that don't make the user any more or less powerful.

5 sounds like a good Tier 1 level, with the next being 10.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
I think I'm going to go ahead and reduce her strength across the board really. Airtight alone makes her pretty OP. 

irioth

May 12, 2016
I think I'm going to go ahead and reduce her strength across the board really. Airtight alone makes her pretty OP. 

If this means to lower its strength in the new variants to balance new perks such as airtight, no problem, but its effectiveness in the basic version should stay the same, also since I understand the new stuff shall be level-locked and unavailable in the basic version. No nerfing for my beloved Nova, please. She's far too cool to suffer this horrid fate.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016

Just don't do it so hard that she won't be viable, I feel like she's a part of my crew at this point and I want to take her to the endgame stuff whenever that is.

irioth

May 12, 2016
Just don't do it so hard that she won't be viable, I feel like she's a part of my crew at this point and I want to take her to the endgame stuff whenever that is.

Very much so. She is a de facto member of the crew and should stay with the PC to the endgame, just like the pet varmint. I stand in vocal opposition to her unwarranted nerfing.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Very much so. She is a de facto member of the crew and should stay with the PC to the endgame, just like the pet varmint. I stand in vocal opposition to her unwarranted nerfing.

I say go ahead and nerf her, if she's too overpowered then she needs a nerf. It's something called dominant strategy, if there's this overpowered goo-babe that is made of liquid gold and one-shots every enemy and automatically seduces any opponent it's going to be used over everything else in the game and all that hard written coding goes to waste with anything that isn't the goo armor. I feel, a good way for her to be nerfed is that you have to build your character a certain way to maximize her potential just like how you'd allocate your stats in Dark Souls. If Fen thinks she's too powerful then she is, because he knows the game better than we do, don't whine because your crutch is getting nerfed.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Gonna have to go with @SorenMageofMareth. I'm not exactly a fan of the nerf bat getting pulled out every time something comes out on top. Providing alternatives that are very different thematically and offer a different balance of utility and defenses would probably be a more ideal solution. Though hammering down the stats is probably the best solution until the level cap gets raised and more is done with the combat system.

irioth

May 12, 2016
Add another vote for the solution Soren proposed.

I've been tinkering with the new Nova options and dialogue. Her talk reads as cute as ever, I really want to bring her to the endgame, I could not bring myself to put her into storage (besides, I'm overstuffed with gear). With some trial and error, I was able to unlock her appearance shifting and helmet options. If I read Jacques' statements correctly, this is everything that could be done with her at the moment, her exposure options shall unlock later when their writeups are completed, right ?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
What it should do is reduce Nova's stats if you add special abilities, since of course she can't devote as much mass to providing protection when you're also having her do other things, with the option to have her stop doing the ability to get the stat points back.  Airtight ought to require a lot of concentration and penalize her stats significantly while it's up, for instance.