[Implemented] Fixing Alex

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
So I've talked about it on the Discord and did just submit it the other day but there's folks who come to the forums only. I figured it was a good place to share that I wrapped up an Alex rework and submitted it today.

• Features rewrites and restructurings to improve Alex, the maleherm who has been in the station since basically forever. You know, the guy who's "Androgyny" or whatever.
  • Revamps/replaces all but one of his sex scenes (frotting) and adds a new one; sorry folks, frotting just never happened when I was writing him. I tried to get it done but it never clicked.
  • Rebuilds his personality and adds a lead-up of events for Alex, providing a smaller story and actual interaction outside of sex. Instead of just a casual fuck that's easily forgotten, Alex requires some investment and provides a bit of chatting for players to engage in.
Just wanted to share this and maybe get more folks to get eyes on it and help clean it up further. My entire goal with the project was to simply "finally do what people keep talking about but never doing" and actually replace a lot of his bunk/outdated content to fit the more modern quality bar for writing in TiTS. He's very parser light as I'm not very well versed in the TiTS parsers due to my writing for CoC2 but I did try; maybe I can get suggestions on ones to add :V

Regardless

Jul 20, 2018
I actually really like his current frotting scene, is this going to completely remove it?

Edit: Read the gdoc nvm.

Last edited:

Skom

Oct 10, 2017
THANK YOU! We definitely need more maleherms with good content. And I never liked the old Alex' personality, it just put me off on so many levels.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
We implemented now, boyz.

Reactions: gena138
Jul 27, 2016
Oh hey, I'm actually Alex's original author. Good job reworking him, a lot of this is shit I really wanted to do myself but never got around to - especially the early TiTS "hay so what r u packin" that I threw in originally.

Just to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes in the future, you okay if I go ahead with the expansion pack I originally had planned for him now that I've got all your hard work to build off of? I'm still reading over everything to make sure I've got his new personality down but from what I can tell I'll still be able to toss in pregnancy/parenthood shit for him.

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Oh hey, I'm actually Alex's original author. Good job reworking him, a lot of this is shit I really wanted to do myself but never got around to - especially the early TiTS "hay so what r u packin" that I threw in originally.

Just to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes in the future, you okay if I go ahead with the expansion pack I originally had planned for him now that I've got all your hard work to build off of? I'm still reading over everything to make sure I've got his new personality down but from what I can tell I'll still be able to toss in pregnancy/parenthood shit for him.
If Fen wants it and approves it, have a field day. Only goal I had is achieved.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Glad Alex became a real character. I always liked the idea of him but he was such a paint by numbers early project "here's my 4 fuk buttons" type of experience.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Glad Alex became a real character. I always liked the idea of him but he was such a paint by numbers early project "here's my 4 fuk buttons" type of experience.
Well hopefully since his OG writer is back there'll be more for folks who like it.

It's not being written by me unless I'm comm'd for it though. My work here is done; which means I am no longer going to be replying/watching this thread. This fish is loose to the world now.