I pissed off Brandt

Avo318

Oct 13, 2017
so I accidentally selected tease while flirting with her (curse you over sensitive trackpad!) and now I can't interact with her anymore besides disarm/rearm. I figured that the options would pop up again after a few days but it never did. Is it impossible for me to unlock those now?

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
I wonder if we can't just add a flirt menu outside that conversation after sexing her once.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Is reloading from a previous save an option? If not, maybe try a save editor.

Avo318

Oct 13, 2017
well rip me then i could reload from a previous save but id lose a lot of progress #feelsbadman

Reactions: Brock

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
well rip me then i could reload from a previous save but id lose a lot of progress #feelsbadman
If you're okay with save editing, open the save in question. Go to Raw, type Brandt's name, and clear the "Brant Hates You" flag.

TFMaster

It's probably not a good idea to piss off someone who can control warships with their mind. Especially if said somebody is in charge of security for an entire prison station. They could gun you down when you approach the station and then make up some excuse later to their superiors.

Avo318

Oct 13, 2017
It's probably not a good idea to piss off someone who can control warships with their mind. Especially if said somebody is in charge of security for an entire prison station. They could gun you down when you approach the station and then make up some excuse later to their superiors.

Doesn't the tooltip warn you that teasing her is a bad idea?

Again, if you read the very first sentence i wrote, I said I accidentally did. I was hovering my mouse over the options cause sometimes they got a little description or something and for whatever reason my laptop track pad decides that i was trying to click it.

If you're okay with save editing, open the save in question. Go to Raw, type Brandt's name, and clear the "Brant Hates You" flag.

Guess ill give it a go, thanks for the instructions.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Wonder if we could actually hire a helmsman... hmmmm.
This^ though we already have Paige so another position would have to be filled if she were ever to become available as a crewmember

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I didn't even know you COULD sex Brandt until this thread

:negativeman:

Wonder if we could actually hire a helmsman... hmmmm.

Definitely if/when the PC ever gets a capital ship.

This^ though we already have Paige so another position would have to be filled if she were ever to become available as a crewmember

Eventually it's going to be inevitable that crewmember roles overlap. Like when Skow finishes the Shekka recruitment xpak, you're gonna have to scienceslut wrench wenches to choose from.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Eventually it's going to be inevitable that crewmember roles overlap. Like when Skow finishes the Shekka recruitment xpak, you're gonna have to scienceslut wrench wenches to choose from.
Well I would find it hard to believe that larger ships wouldn't have a copilot position. I just find it hard to see in the clown car thats currently the PC ship right now.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Paige is/was a navigator. She plots the course of the ship for travel and knows where the ship is at all times, probably because if the Casstech got lost saying its "in space" doesn't really narrow things down.
Brandt was/is a helmsman. who would be the one to actually pilot the ship and follows the course set by the navigator.

Though on the Casstech, because its so small, people would probably overlap in their roles.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Honestly a part of me makes me want to mod the Casstech to be pilotable by Brandt's augments just for the giggles.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I tried deleting that flag but Minerva keeps giving me an "out of memory" error.

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
>tfw you accuse OP of illiteracy when you yourself are illiterate.

Wow, snark much? Firstly, they aren't accusing them of illiteracy, just of not reading what was written, definitely not that they didn't have the capability to read it. Given how common it is for people to just skim-read and the fact that both replies the OP is quoting there indicate that they likely didn't read the part about it being an accident it seems like the reply OP made was well founded. Secondly, just because someone typos doesn't mean they're illiterate. I've gotta say, it's also pretty unprofessional of you to just make a post to point something like that out and then throw in a "But I hope your problem gets better" after openly mocking the OP as a public representative of FenCo or whatever the company's name really is.

Really, the only reason I'm even defending OP is because of how unprofessional your post strikes me. As a staff member and one of the bigger "faces" of this business I would expect your conduct to be less openly abrasive.

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
I'm not even gonna say anything. I'm just going to post this so I can be notified if someone else does.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Wow, snark much? Firstly, they aren't accusing them of illiteracy, just of not reading what was written, definitely not that they didn't have the capability to read it. Given how common it is for people to just skim-read and the fact that both replies the OP is quoting there indicate that they likely didn't read the part about it being an accident it seems like the reply OP made was well founded. Secondly, just because someone typos doesn't mean they're illiterate. I've gotta say, it's also pretty unprofessional of you to just make a post to point something like that out and then throw in a "But I hope your problem gets better" after openly mocking the OP as a public representative of FenCo or whatever the company's name really is.
"Typo"

Yeah, I'm sure people writing up entire posts dedicated on OP not reading the tips instead of how to fix the little accident is a typo. Why are you trying to shine a negative light on the OP anyways? And what else can really be said when people have already suggested all possible ways to fix it? I don't get it.

Really, the only reason I'm even defending OP is because of how unprofessional your post strikes me. As a staff member and one of the bigger "faces" of this business I would expect your conduct to be less openly abrasive.

I'm sure you can find more hardcore and serious faces in other places, but that just isn't much fun for everyone else is it?

Just calm down, my dude, no need to be a keyboard warrior about this.

Last edited:

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
"Typo"

Yeah, I'm sure people writing up entire posts dedicated on OP not reading the tips instead of how to fix the little accident is a typo. Why are you trying to shine a negative light on the OP anyways? And what else can really be said when people have already suggested all possible ways to fix it? I don't get it.

Not shining a negative light on OP, criticizing a staff member's inappropriate snark. I wouldn't figure expecting some professional behavior from someone that is paid to be a part of this company and is openly representing this company in an official capacity would be a expecting too much, yet you apparently think so.

Furthermore up until the post the OP quoted only one person had offered an actual solution, everyone else said it was impossible and the two posts that were quoted criticized the OP for clicking that button in the first place, indicating that they likely didn't fully read the OP in the first place (as the OP clearly stated it had been an accident), thus making it fair game for the OP to criticize them and doubt they had read what was posted.

Finally, yes, it was a TYPO, clearly. The OP didn't complete their sentence by accident, stating "Again, if you read the very first sentence i wrote, I said I accidentally did." All they needed to include was the word "it" at the end, and the staff member went out of their way to call the OP illiterate BECAUSE of this and then erroneously claimed the OP was calling the other two posters illiterate as well, which the OP absolutely did not, all they did was state that they didn't fully read was was written, which, given what the two posters wrote, seems true.

I'm sure you can find more hardcore and serious faces in other places, but that just isn't much fun for everyone else is it?

Just calm down, my dude, no need to be a keyboard warrior about this.

By "face" I meant someone that is well known in the corporation and is seen very often by the public, both of which are true in this case for this particular staff member. Expecting a certain amount of professional courtesy from someone that is openly representing a company doesn't seem like a lot to expect. There was literally no reason for the staff member to post what they did unless they were openly trying to be abrasive and mocking. They weren't called upon, they weren't being helpful, they only popped in to mock the OP. That would be rude and inappropriate regardless of who did it, yet if it had been a random person I wouldn't have said anything, however it wasn't just a random person, it was someone we're supposed to look up to and respect, someone that's supposed to act with a certain bit of professionalism and class because their words and actions directly reflect the company they're employed by. In this case they did not do that and I feel they should know that their action here is inappropriate.

To further explain, I generally don't care what people do with their own private accounts, but once you decide to use the business account to act inappropriately that's when I start to wonder if you're a good representative of the company as a whole and, if you are, if I want to do business with said company.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
@critlocked I don’t disagree with the basis for your wall of text there (people are being overly critical of the OP), but it’s a bit much to call Fenco the type of “company” that demands the type of public relations you’re describing.

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
...So no one else is saying it, huh?

>tfw you accuse OP of illiteracy when you yourself are illiterate.

"That feel when you accuse OP of illiteracy" The subject of this sentence is the group that accused OP of being illiterate.
"When you yourself are illiterate" This part of the sentence is referring to the fact that the people who barked at OP for not reading didn't read the original post.

Savin wasn't attacking the OP. He was making fun of the people who did, since they did the very thing they were making fun of. He quoted OP because he was agreeing with the sentence he quoted. Wishing OP good luck wasn't sarcasm. It was genuine.

You literally read the exact opposite of what he read. Which is, considering that the subject is reading comprehension, bloody hilarious.

This thread is gold.