Damn it!

Reactions: J-Hope Trash

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Reactions: Xanfaus

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Finished Federation Quest! :toot: Should be in a public build soonish.

It clocks in at 6,724 lines of code and has 7 possible endings (altho a couple of them are pretty much the same). Don't wanna give too many details so you guys can discover them for yourselves. My only concern right now is the combat balance. It's supposed to be for level 8 PCs but some parts may be too easy/hard (although it's possible to finish the quest only winning 1 fight).

Probably the coolest ending is gated behind the PC having a capital ship so no one will even get to see it for awhile. :negativeman:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
XD you know well just datamine the quest and discuss its secrets once it hits public, right? :catte:

Keep up the good work Upcast. Cant wait to see what you code next.

Reactions: Upcast Drake

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Probably the coolest ending is gated behind the PC having a capital ship so no one will even get to see it for awhile. :negativeman:

Awesome! Great job mang!

So I guess my main Steele will play it, reload it, then come back to it at a later date.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
How the actual fuck is Drake not purple or something for their efforts?

Looking forward to federation quest though. Really curious about that spoilery ending.
There isn't a "Volunteer Coder" title, as far as I know Drake is the first of his kind.

Vixshiv

Nov 12, 2017
Yay purple :toot:

enhanced-buzz-8016-1426277582-24.jpg

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016

Is that the one where you relocate to Mhenga? Cause some people have already managed to do that.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Is that the one where you relocate to Mhenga? Cause some people have already managed to do that.
There are 3 endings where you relocate to Mhenga, the one where you use your capital ship is the coolest though. The end result is the same no matter which one you use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freed85

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Anything involving a capital ship is automatically cool. If only because you've got that much more mass to be cool that the individual coolness of each kilo is irrelevant.

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
Alright, I have to ask: why even have content locked things that aren't even in the game yet? I know Gedan has been working on ship stuff behind the scenes, but I don't think we'll be seeing any of that in the foreseeable future.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Alright, I have to ask: why even have content locked things that aren't even in the game yet? I know Gedan has been working on ship stuff behind the scenes, but I don't think we'll be seeing any of that in the foreseeable future.

Future-profing? Easier to get it in now that it's being made, rather than wait until the thing is fully implemented, at which point this quest may be old and forgotten with nobody caring enough to rewrite it, thus leaving opening a plothole

Evil

Jul 18, 2017

Getting a framework in for later content. Its easier to get it done now than down the line, especially if they have already spoken with Gedan about what is coming up.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Coded @Gardeford 's Gwen Holiday Shopping Thingy. Pretty sure it procs once you've hungout with them at least once, and go to hangout with them again between 20:00-4:00. The flags are pretty fucky with Carbonado, but I got it to proc consistently, if you have question let me know.

You need genitals and if you're a taur you also need a heatbelt in your inventory.

Reactions: Freed85

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Coded @Gardeford 's Gwen Holiday Shopping Thingy. Pretty sure it procs once you've hungout with them at least once, and go to hangout with them again between 20:00-4:00. The flags are pretty fucky with Carbonado, but I got it to proc consistently, if you have question let me know.

You need genitals and if you're a taur you also need a heatbelt in your inventory.
What about other forms of cold protection?