[Guide] How to make a mod for Corruption of Champions

Peterino

May 13, 2017
Thanks a lot for this thread :) Finally I was able to add some more pic scenes to the existing image packs. Maybe I will share if I got some more and the permission of the authors so far. The code of CoC looks chaotic at first sign but it´s easy to extend small things when you have found the right documents ^^.

Peterino

May 13, 2017
Does anyone know how to edit Status Effects? When e.g. a Bind is created it goes from the fighting routine to StatusEffects.as and the AI often changes "doAI()" to Monster.as and goes back to "performCombatAction()". But where is the output text during that status effect e.g. after unsuccesful struggle?
Thanks for any ideas on that topic!

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You need to check using any program you use for making mod (in case of Flash Develop it would be search and replace in files option) to look throu code for StatusAffects.NagaBind (or other type of binds) - for succesfull or unsuccesfull strugle texts you should check combat.as file (the one where main combat code is) or others that may have this status affect you looking as in some places there are included texts for texts showed up.

Reactions: Peterino

Peterino

May 13, 2017
Oh yeah, right it´s all in combat.as, thanks Ormael!
The search option (ctrl+F) is extremely valuable inside one document but there is no option to search through all documents in FlashDevelop right?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
There is way to look over whole code using Flash Develop. From top bar open 'Search' menu and there look for 'Find and Replace in Files'. This one option hel look for specific parts of code to replace them all (when PC type on what to replace it and click after finding them replace). I use it as good way to search for specific parts of code despite it been designed to find and replace rather than search and find ^^

Karazella

May 20, 2017
C:\Users\Karazella\Downloads\Corruption-of-Champions-master\classes\classes\Parser\Showdown.as: Error: A file found in a source-path must have the same package structure 'classes.Parser', as the definition's package, 'showdown'.
Build halted with errors (fcsh).

dont know what this all means but please help i have plans for a mod and ive been at this for a couple of days

Karazella

May 20, 2017
@Karazella did you implement the "showdown" documents properly?

Running process: C:\Users\Karazella\Downloads\FlashDevelop-5.2.0\Tools\fdbuild\fdbuild.exe "C:\Users\Karazella\Downloads\Corruption-of-Champions-master\Corruption-of-Champions-FD-STANDALONE.as3proj" -ipc 08eee1c1-d330-4440-a6d4-6bb1f36c5f5d -version "4.6.0; 3.1" -compiler "C:\Users\Karazella\Downloads\flex_sdk_4.6" -library "C:\Users\Karazella\Downloads\FlashDevelop-5.2.0\Library"
Building Corruption-of-Champions-FD-STANDALONE
mxmlc -load-config+=obj\Corruption-of-Champions-FD-STANDALONEConfig.xml -debug=true -incremental=true -swf-version=12 -show-actionscript-warnings=true -show-binding-warnings=true -show-unused-type-selector-warnings=true -o obj\Corruption-of-Champions-FD-STANDALONE636324941669904629
Incremental compile of 1
Loading configuration file C:\Users\Karazella\Downloads\flex_sdk_4.6\frameworks\flex-config.xml
Loading configuration file C:\Users\Karazella\Downloads\Corruption-of-Champions-master\obj\Corruption-of-Champions-FD-STANDALONEConfig.xml
Initial setup: -198092284ms
start loading swcs 0ms Running Total: -197891017ms
Loaded 32 SWCs: 10601ms
Detected configuration changes. Recompile...
precompile: 13532ms
Files: 5 Time: 11839ms
Total time: -197868550ms
Peak memory usage: 445 MB (Heap: 431, Non-Heap: 14)
Error: null
Build halted with errors (fcsh).
(fcsh)
Done(1)

have this now ;-;

Peterino

May 13, 2017
Sorry @Karazella I don´t really have an idea. Till the initial setup time everything is fine. You don´t seem to have problems with the java memory which killed me in the beginning. But with your setup you programmed a time machine ( ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉) (1448518ms would be normal).
So all I can say is: "have you tried turning it off and on again?" The usual windows voodoo, changing directorys etc., should not be underestimated ...

This seemed like the best place to ask (please let me know if it's not) but I'm trying to add a custom random encounter into the game, but no matter what I do, it never seems to work. When I try "debug info" option in the menu, then "test input" and type the code in for a button, it just gives a blank page with a back button.

I'm new to coding, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Okay, so I ended up finding another problem while solving the first. When I try to build the swf file, I get 10 errors from the file with the scene that all say "col: 13 Error: Implicit coercion of a value type Boolean to an unrelated type String." and each one of them takes me to lines beginning in outputText that seem to have nothing else in common. If anyone has any ideas, I'd really like some help!

Edit; figured it out. maybe. we'll see.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2015
TODO: Figure out this whole thing. You play as Urta but the whole quest saves you state into this variable and swaps back and forth whenever you "leave" the quest

This was written in UrtaQuest.as by Kitteh and co for their mod some time ago. Did they ever end up figuring out the ins and outs of making a player quest? Would creating a new quest, similar in style to Urta's (A linear progression of events while playing as a character with different stats, abilities etc, with some reskinned battle encounters) be as difficult as the code makes it seem? I don't seem to be having much luck, even if using the original UrtaQuest.as as a copy to work off of.

Prisoner416

Aug 27, 2015
Source code build leads to Corruption of Champions (0.9.4 (Moar Bugfixan)) Debug Build.

Newest version is Corruption of Champions (1.0.2 (Random words go here)) Release Build.

Can we get an update?

Insigniax

Feb 3, 2018
How can I create a new image hook? I added an entry in BunnyGirl.as to show the image and added an entry in images.xml but they don't seem to work just yet.
Do I need to do more?

Osadho616

Feb 6, 2018
Is there a way to specify which cock(s) are changed by items such as Gro+ and Reducto? I've played this game for years now, and it has always bothered me that you can't select what specific body parts you want to shrink/grow.
Since I can now mod this game I thought about changing how some items work to make creating a specific body possible without using the save editor. Is there a way to make an item such as reducto select which cock you wish to shrink with a menu slimilar to Greta's cock-sock selection? Or is it impossible to do without completely rewriting those items?

P.S: Sorry for my bad english.

Hazza

Feb 13, 2019
How did you guys convert the swf file to apk? I've made a personal mod myself but I want to play it on my phone without using emulator.

ScionOfGoldenFlame

May 2, 2018
I'm guessing no but,does anyone have the flex sdk file?
I know its late in coming for a response, but as one of like, three people still trying to mod Corruption of Champions, I do understand that finding anything Flash related on the internet is a struggle since Adobe made their attempt to scrub it from the whole internet. That said, I got mine here: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/SDK-DDK/Adobe-Flex-SDK.shtml
And at the current moment in time, its been working just fine.

Kio Terra

Mar 1, 2022

Nina Rice

Nov 2, 2022
If anyone is lazy to create mods like me, you can refer to sites like Tech Loky, it already has mods available and then I just need to download and use.