Goo Core not activating passive while condition is met

Roxas

Apr 27, 2024
Here are the scenarios where this occurred to me
1- When I am already a full Goo, I level up, the Goo Core passive stop functioning anymore
2- Then I tried to reach max level then use the Goo Core, it was working fine until a changed occurred where my INT increased
After the previous Scenarios the Goo Core doesn't give it's promised passive of + 20 INT an WILL even after meeting the conditions
and this effect is permanent

Here is a file where this problem is occurring.

Attachments

• Roxas (M) - 23Hrs 23Mins, 18 Days - Sidewinder, Herisiod.json
    673.9 KB · Views: 8

Wafflesnake

Nov 4, 2023
you are not counted as a full galotian if your legs are not in the amorphous configuration. shifting your goo into that configuring reenables the passive. this may or may not be intentional but is worth noting.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release.

As it works currently, being a goo-form is indeed tied to the leg shape, since this is how most is-goo checks are done. However, since the item specifically mentions "galotian", I've expanded the item's check for either the leg type or the character's race. So now your character can gain the benefit when the item is equipped, despite the leg shape.

Wafflesnake

Nov 4, 2023
Hopefully fixed for the next release.

As it works currently, being a goo-form is indeed tied to the leg shape, since this is how most is-goo checks are done. However, since the item specifically mentions "galotian", I've expanded the item's check for either the leg type or the character's race. So now your character can gain the benefit when the item is equipped, despite the leg shape.
is the racial score being edited as well? or just the item check.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
is the racial score being edited as well? or just the item check.
Just the item's check (when it is equipped). So it'll first check for the goo leg shape, then the race if the shape isn't goo. The racial score should be untouched, at least for now.

Reactions: Wafflesnake

Wafflesnake

Nov 4, 2023
two things i wanted to confirm, was this supposed to be fixed as of 0.9.097 because it still does not seem to work. which is the second thing I wanted to confirm, I didn't think about it before but what percentage galotian is required to be considered one? the appearance screen describes the character as galotian but if 100% is required for the racial check that was implemented, then legs being in the amorphous shape is still required regardless.
1714596257504.png

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
two things i wanted to confirm, was this supposed to be fixed as of 0.9.097 because it still does not seem to work. which is the second thing I wanted to confirm, I didn't think about it before but what percentage galotian is required to be considered one? the appearance screen describes the character as galotian but if 100% is required for the racial check that was implemented, then legs being in the amorphous shape is still required regardless.
View attachment 35053
So long as it is above 50% and is the top score, then your character should be considered a galotian. Make sure you equip the item as an accessory and the values should change (at least from my testing it did).

Wafflesnake

Nov 4, 2023
So long as it is above 50% and is the top score, then your character should be considered a galotian. Make sure you equip the item as an accessory and the values should change (at least from my testing it did).
loading up the save at the beginning of the thread on both pubic and backer builds, doesn't seem to take effect unless i change the legs back to amorphous. is there something i'm missing in that save in particular? galotian is at 75% without the legs, and the top score

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
loading up the save at the beginning of the thread on both pubic and backer builds, doesn't seem to take effect unless i change the legs back to amorphous. is there something i'm missing in that save in particular? galotian is at 75% without the legs, and the top score
Yes, I have been using that file for testing and when I equip the Goo Core item to the character, the INT raises from 41 to 60 and WIL increases from 12 to 32 (note that it only adds to the current value and not the max value, so if the character is already maxed out in those two stats, there will be no change to them). I leave the legs unchanged and the character still counts as galotian. Are you sure you are playing on the right version of the game (v0.9.097)?

In any case, I've made some more edits for the next release that should parse the galotian race a little more finely. I had noticed that the tendril/prehensile legs would place the galotian character into another race, but I don't think that is related to this particular issue.

Wafflesnake

Nov 4, 2023
Yes, I have been using that file for testing and when I equip the Goo Core item to the character, the INT raises from 41 to 60 and WIL increases from 12 to 32 (note that it only adds to the current value and not the max value, so if the character is already maxed out in those two stats, there will be no change to them). I leave the legs unchanged and the character still counts as galotian. Are you sure you are playing on the right version of the game (v0.9.097)?

In any case, I've made some more edits for the next release that should parse the galotian race a little more finely. I had noticed that the tendril/prehensile legs would place the galotian character into another race, but I don't think that is related to this particular issue.
positive, I loaded the save on both the backer and public sites and again on my phone. first thing I do is equip the goo core and nothing changes

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
positive, I loaded the save on both the backer and public sites and again on my phone. first thing I do is equip the goo core and nothing changes
Ah, okay, I think I know what the issue is. The v0.9.097 patch was released right before my changes to the item check were incorporated, so you'll see them in the next release, not the current one.

Reactions: Wafflesnake