God-Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilonus

Apr 25, 2021
Bumfuck, Nowhere
I would imagine Tira's would be a Dullahan like Atugia, or perhaps a psychopomp of some kind given her role as the Goddess of Death, and her appearance being heavily based on the Grim Reaper.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
I can imagine so many appearance builds if Tira does dullahan stuff...

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I would imagine Tira's would be a Dullahan like Atugia, or perhaps a psychopomp of some kind given her role as the Goddess of Death, and her appearance being heavily based on the Grim Reaper.

Tira would probably just make the person an albino like her or give them some prominent mark. Maybe a nifty life drain perk like restore health on crit. All of the other Gods besides Keros, Nareva, and Lumia could have special rewards for selling your soul but without the unique TF's. Mallach is a cat boy, Tira is an albino human, Sorra mainly looks a wyld elf with rainbow wings and talons and is worshipped by harpies. The rest are represented by TF's already in the game so they wouldn't be special. Maybe just an alteration to some colors and a perk. It sounds like that's what Nareva's gothmanders are. Also no one cares about Velun. If you say you do, then you're either Sanders or a liar.

Maybe Tira can give a magical rune scythe that is just the war scythe with no penalties but otherwise the same stats. I want big titty reaper gf in the game already. Please I'm desperate.

• Love
Reactions: Tainted-Alice

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Maybe a nifty life drain perk like restore health on crit.

This would absolutely destroy any balance and make Thief builds OP as shit, lol.

And realistically, a scythe as a weapon has already been debunked because you basically have to reach around and/or behind an enemy and pull back to actually hit with the blade part and cut - scythes are more for edgy and reaper cosplay imho.

I'm still all for dullahan because imagine a manticore or elf with a removable head.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
This would absolutely destroy any balance and make Thief builds OP as shit, lol.

And realistically, a scythe as a weapon has already been debunked because you basically have to reach around and/or behind an enemy and pull back to actually hit with the blade part and cut - scythes are more for edgy and reaper cosplay imho.

I'm still all for dullahan because imagine a manticore or elf with a removable head.

Edgy reaper cosplay like a certain God? Also scythes were debunked but there's still one in game. Plus actual war scythes (though they were glaives) are a thing. Besides, the swift sword restores resolve on crit so it's not too unreasonable of an ask for that but with health.

Also fuck balance! Edglord min-max 4 lyfe!

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Also scythes were debunked but there's still one in game. Plus actual war scythes (though they were glaives) are a thing.

there's already a scythe weapon in game though

Never said it shouldn't, but it's very awkward to imagine using...

thing. Besides, the swift sword restores resolve on crit so it's not too unreasonable of an ask for that but with health

And Swift Sword is 5 Resolve on a crit - what would Health be considering level limit would be 10, which should be idk, minimum 350 not including Toughness?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Never said it shouldn't, but it's very awkward to imagine using...

Cool outweighs awkward every time. Plus a fancy runic scythe from a deity would be special and whatever enchantments are on it could make it easier to wield than Elthara's version. Though I'd also settle for a sword, axe, or mace. I just led with scythe because I thought it would fit with Tira's theme.

And Swift Sword is 5 Resolve on a crit - what would Health be considering level limit would be 10, which should be idk, minimum 350 not including Toughness?

Now that's a hard one. 5 kind of works for resolve because resolve usually caps low. Half of the crit damage for health would only work for specific builds or warriors. Anyone else, especially thief, would break it. 25 seems reasonable to me, but I think it's clear I have no respect for balance so I may be being a bit too generous.

Ilonus

Apr 25, 2021
Bumfuck, Nowhere
Though I'd also settle for a sword, axe, or mace. I just led with scythe because I thought it would fit with Tira's theme.

Maybe some kind of misericorde?

It's a very thin yet sharp dagger designed to mercy kill badly wounded knights. Fittingly, the name stems from the French word for "mercy," which itself stems from the Latin for "act of mercy," misericordia.

Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Maybe some kind of misericorde?

It's a very thin yet sharp dagger designed to mercy kill badly wounded knights. Fittingly, the name stems from the French word for "mercy," which itself stems from the Latin for "act of mercy," misericordia.

I'm personally not a fan of daggers in games, but that is some thematically appropriate stuff right there and gives some love to lesser known historic weapons. I was thinking something more along the lines of an executioner's sword (long sword but with a blunted tip. designed specifically for chopping people, hence the name. I know. It's a very unique and original name.) or headsman's axe. Tira is a god of death after all. I'm still hoping for scythe that doesn't worsen accuracy in a game where I still can't hit shit even after min-maxing. I don't care if the -10 accuracy makes sense, I wanna be cool. She's a god. She can have my soul if all I get out of it war scythe without the penalty. I just wanna be cool and impress goth reaper gf, but still hit stuff.

Ilonus

Apr 25, 2021
Bumfuck, Nowhere
I'm personally not a fan of daggers in games, but that is some thematically appropriate stuff right there and gives some love to lesser known historic weapons.

I'm glad you like the idea! Being a historian pays off sometimes.

I don't care if the -10 accuracy makes sense, I wanna be cool. She's a god. She can have my soul if all I get out of it war scythe without the penalty. I just wanna be cool and impress goth reaper gf, but still hit stuff.

You can always negate the accuracy penalty with a pair of Lucky Strike rings. As a bonus you get +10 Evasion and Crit Bonus, and some extra EC to boot.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
You can always negate the accuracy penalty with a pair of Lucky Strike rings. As a bonus you get +10 Evasion and Crit Bonus, and some extra EC to boot.

Oh thank god. I really wanted to use the scythe but I didn't want to invest in agility. I totally forgot that the rings existed!

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
The Wyld is basically a corpse anyway. It'd be pointless to join them.

That's a bit harsh. The Wyld is more like a patient at a hospice on life support. :^)

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
With the kitsune being the guy that puts out the life support machines to charge his phone

Give them a little more credit then that.

They're pulling the plug to install their work stations!

Reactions: ShySquare

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
MFW I’m the writer primarily on Tira and no one pings me but rattles on and on.

SPOILER
Tira is not currently planned to do more than MAYBE meet you. However, her blessing is already on a character/champion in nearly-finished content: Leofric. Her champions are blessed with increased vitality (Leofric’s aging), physicality (Leofric and other champions grow in size, like Tira), and the ability to turn stored magic/battle fatigue into further amplifiers. This is because undead are untiring and undying; her abilities make her few chosen a parallel in essence, with extremes like Leofric being able to regenerate damage to the point he can’t be slain in battle through conventional means, even without armor (he gives up if you do enough, purely to respect your effort). Tira is distinct, however, in her champions being approached generally early in life/when they undergo great change, otherwise they seldom inherit her true gifts (as Jen will demonstrate). The PC really doesn’t do this barring the tutorial, which is already locked in story/plot-wise. So you obtaining her blessing is very unlikely/not currently planned.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019

SPOILER
Tira is not currently planned to do more than MAYBE meet you. However, her blessing is already on a character/champion in nearly-finished content: Leofric. Her champions are blessed with increased vitality (Leofric’s aging), physicality (Leofric and other champions grow in size, like Tira), and the ability to turn stored magic/battle fatigue into further amplifiers. This is because undead are untiring and undying; her abilities make her few chosen a parallel in essence, with extremes like Leofric being able to regenerate damage to the point he can’t be slain in battle through conventional means, even without armor (he gives up if you do enough, purely to respect your effort). Tira is distinct, however, in her champions being approached generally early in life/when they undergo great change, otherwise they seldom inherit her true gifts (as Jen will demonstrate). The PC really doesn’t do this barring the tutorial, which is already locked in story/plot-wise. So you obtaining her blessing is very unlikely/not currently planned.
I did not know/forgot that you were the writer.

Also, that seems OP compared to rest of blessings but also kind of boring. At least from my perspective. All it ends up being is a power up for your physical abilities. Which is something I guess would not really mesh in with the rest. Which are basically just permanent TFs and social boosters. So yeah, I think keeping it to NPC/s (can Tira have morr than one champion?) is for the best.

ThunderOwl

Mar 14, 2021

SPOILER
Now I'm hyped to fight Leofric

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Well that's extremely unbalanced. Kinda lost a lot of respect for Leofric. He needs mommy Tira to make him big and strong. Still, I want to fight him. And maybe put him down. It's like a challenge. Oh you need a very specific way to to be killed or else you're immortal? Screw you, I'll find that method and then I'll kill ya just be contrarian to your entire existence. Stupid pseudo immortals. Some of us had to pull ourselves up by the boot straps and level grind to be powerful.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
If I win I get to fuck him
If I lose He'll probably get to fuck me
Way I see it, it's an absolute win
Have you not heard? You can never defeat him! He is, like, totally invincible and stuff. You should feel honoured that he acknowledges your efforts eveb if it means squat.

The more I read the more I wonder why does Leofric not handle Kas on his own. Like, if he is so good that we have no hope in defeating him, it does mqke you wonder are we even needed. Especially with recent Baroness revelations. I do not know man, it feels like all of this stuffcould be resolved without us in the picture. Only reason we have this whole Kas problem is because no one else could be ask to prevent it, or as of now, stop it.

Well that's extremely unbalanced. Kinda lost a lot of respect for Leofric. He needs mommy Tira to make him big and strong. Still, I want to fight him. And maybe put him down. It's like a challenge. Oh you need a very specific way to to be killed or else you're immortal? Screw you, I'll find that method and then I'll kill ya just be contrarian to your entire existence. Stupid pseudo immortals. Some of us had to pull ourselves up by the boot straps and level grind to be powerful.
I am with ya! I am just going to head canon his loss as him actually loosing but feeling to ashamed to admit it.

Reactions: Stupid_Goo

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
The more I read the more I wonder why does Leofric not handle Kas on his own. Like, if he is so good that we have no hope in defeating him, it does mqke you wonder are we even needed. Especially with recent Baroness revelations. I do not know man, it feels like all of this stuffcould be resolved without us in the picture. Only reason we have this whole Kas problem is because no one else could be ask to prevent it, or as of now, stop it.

In Carmen the cumpire's case she's depressed and the one time she tried to handle an issue lead to the merks running around so she probably thinks she'd make things worse. And if Savin isn't exaggerating, which I don't think he is, her depression sounds debilitating and like she has zero motivation to do anything. Maybe through interactions and with more time she can get better and provide help in some form near the end, but she'll need a character arc, therapy, and a hug. Depression is a bitch.

At the moment I can't defend Leofric. He's biologically immortal, has a healing factor, his physical strength is enhanced, and he seeks his "final battlefield" if I'm remembering Jen's dialogue right. Unless he thinks fighting someone who uses nipple rings as heavy armor is lame, I don't see why he wouldn't throw himself at Kas and her demon army and dragon shock troops.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
to be frank selling your soul doesn't seem worth it imo. the perks and skills you get aren't amazing and the extra scene content isn't worth giving up being able to change into whatever you want(which is a cool ability in and of itself). Immortality and healing factors is just about the least of what it's going to take to convince me to trade my soul.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
In Carmen the cumpire's case she's depressed and the one time she tried to handle an issue lead to the merks running around so she probably thinks she'd make things worse. And if Savin isn't exaggerating, which I don't think he is, her depression sounds debilitating and like she has zero motivation to do anything. Maybe through interactions and with more time she can get better and provide help in some form near the end, but she'll need a character arc, therapy, and a hug. Depression is a bitch.
While I do have a problem withbour character not being able to call her out on not protecting the people she is supposed to.... I can kind of accept since we do not have full picture of what is holding her down.

At the moment I can't defend Leofric. He's biologically immortal, has a healing factor, his physical strength is enhanced, and he seeks his "final battlefield" if I'm remembering Jen's dialogue right. Unless he thinks fighting someone who uses nipple rings as heavy armor is lame, I don't see why he wouldn't throw himself at Kas and her demon army and dragon shock troops.
At this point I am just waiting to see how his whole quest will play out. Since I just can not believe half of the stuff I read about him. Especially that corrupt route... what a god damn mess...

to be frank selling your soul doesn't seem worth it imo. the perks and skills you get aren't amazing and the extra scene content isn't worth giving up being able to change into whatever you want(which is a cool ability in and of itself). Immortality and healing factors is just about the least of what it's going to take to convince me to trade my soul.
Honestly, I like how they are handled. At least from players side. They only affects your looks and status within certain faction. Which is for the best. I would not like if they offered any kind of buffs since then I would feel like I am forced to pick them.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
I don't really find this direction for Leofric to be that surprising honestly, given that Kiyoko is planned to absorb Taoth and become a deity. And Bubble is yet to make me feel anything other than annoyance. I'm interested to see if Champ will get any way to utilize their special soul in any meaningful way aside from as a token for divine cosplay.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I don't really find this direction for Leofric to be that surprising honestly, given that Kiyoko is planned to absorb Taoth and become a deity. And Bubble is yet to make me feel anything other than annoyance. I'm interested to see if Champ will get any way to utilize their special soul in any meaningful way aside from as a token for divine cosplay.

Is that still planned? Several things have changed so I wasn't sure if that'd still be the case. Still, if we beat down Taoth and soften him up for Kiyoko to do absorption shenanigans, I won't be frustrated.

I'm a little surprised by this direction for Leofric and the mercenaries' story. I expected something more along the lines of a battle scarred and experienced warrior who trained his whole life, not Kratos if he suddenly decided consent sucks and that flat is justice.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
It's been asked a few weeks ago but nobody answered so I'm going to assume that's still the goal.
As for the merc storyline, I have no idea what to hope for. If orcs can be made to stop with the raping but these guys can't, I really don't want to get buddy buddy with them. But at the same time they are what passes for law enforcement around Hawkthorne and scattering them to the winds like we can the orcs is probably going to do more harm than good. Though it doesn't seem like we'll be able to do the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.