Mar 28, 2021

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Can we go back to the original topic?

Reactions: Paradox01

Shiny Boots

Mar 28, 2021
Can we go back to the original topic?
I'd like that but I think the question has been answered.

Seros: Kitsune
Lumia: Winged Elves that turn masculine PCs feminine.
Nareva: Gothy Salamanders

And Velun may have something in the future.

The others aren't. Though we can hope for maybe like post full release expansion. TiTs and CoC-2 strike me as the kinds of games that could get years worth of post main plot stories.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
You'd think that Nareva, being a naga, would be in charge of other nagas and not gothmanders.

But imagine if Mallach made you sterile/infertile but gave you absurd hole capacities and a ludicrously high libido.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You'd think that Nareva, being a naga, would be in charge of other nagas and not gothmanders.
Nareva is worshipped by all 'manders and she is to Tychris what Lumia is to the Winter City. Gothmanders are Her Thing from a TF perspective because naga bodies are Not Happening.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Never said nagas would happen for PC; I just figured that she'd be on charge of them - I don't find the idea that The Seven all force a TF change on you upon becoming one of their Champions a fun idea...
And tbf, I could just make a gothmander right now without any Nareva intervention considering Manti Nip's random chance for black draconic wings.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Never said nagas would happen for PC; I just figured that she'd be on charge of them - I don't find the idea that The Seven all force a TF change on you upon becoming one of their Champions a fun idea...
And tbf, I could just make a gothmander right now without any Nareva intervention considering Manti Nip's random chance for black draconic wings.
Pretty sure she is the "goddess" of Nagas as well.

I also think the TF thing makes sense. You exchange your soul to one of the seven for their boon.
If it would jsut be a minor boon or strengthening you would be a priest or paladin.
But you get a greater boon, which includes the new body.
Your soul is no longer in your body, thus you need a replacement. The rest? It is the manifestation of the boon.
Keros empowers you to be closer to him. He is the ultimate Kitsune. Thus, by becoming closer to him, you become a Kitsune.
Similiar with the other ones.

Reactions: Tainted-Alice

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Gothmanders don't have wings. Also, you know that there's more to them than just wearing too much black and smoking clove cigarettes, right? Magic-eating powers are still the plan, so far as we know. Likewise you can make your character look like a Valkyrie right now (maybe minus the specific wings) but that's not the same as actually being one and wouldn't come with whatever Powers accompany the TF nor would it have any story effect.

Reactions: Paradox01

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Gothmanders don't have wings.

That's the only way to get the scale colour right now; you can Root of Man the wings off.
And honestly, looks can be deceiving - look at the Convocation sidequest.

But I think my point still stands, not every god/goddess should force a TF on you; but it could very well be an option to change to if you so wished...

• Sad

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
But I think my point still stands, not every god/goddess should force a TF on you; but it could very well be an option to change to if you so wished...
It's the whole "Made in his/her image" shtick.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Narratively, if you give one of the Seven your soul they're going to give you something of equivalent value in return while also making it clear to everyone who sees you that you are theirs. In gameplay terms, it's giving the player something of equivalent value for sacrificing almost all future TF potential and probably having implications for some of the ending options. If you're just getting a blessing in a god's name like Sanders or Hretha can provide, that's something different.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I still hope that if we are a champion of one of the seven, aside from Lumia, we get the chance to use it for a very specific thing:
After you free winter palace, the druidic elves start to rejoin the society.
I really want to say to Hethia that she doesn't have to follow Lumia, she could follow the champions god instead!
And yes, I do want to do that right in front of Elthara..

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I still hope that if we are a champion of one of the seven, aside from Lumia, we get the chance to use it for a very specific thing:
After you free winter palace, the druidic elves start to rejoin the society.
I really want to say to Hethia that she doesn't have to follow Lumia, she could follow the champions god instead!
And yes, I do want to do that right in front of Elthara..
That wouldn't be very useful for reintegrating into Lumian boreal elven society. Champ having delusions of grandeur doesn't do much for druids who need a place to live and whose gods told them to make up with their own people.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
That wouldn't be very useful for reintegrating into Lumian boreal elven society. Champ having delusions of grandeur doesn't do much for druids who need a place to live and whose gods told them to make up with their own people.
It is the same problem for them, I would think.

Not entirely sure how Lumian boreal elves would react to Velunian boreal elves, though. I originally thought about advising him as some sort of compromise.
Then I got the other idea and just want to annoy Elthara with that silly idea. I did not actually ment that as a real solution. ^^

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
whose gods told them to make up with their own people

Small problem with that - Hethia herself said that the Old Wyld isn't a being or person, it's a force of nature they use. Or something.
She talks all about it if you successfully parley with her in Dog Days.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
TL:DR: the Old Wyld is a form of animistic paganism that focuses on the worship of not quite gods as they're understood, but certainly powerful and old entities like the Wyld Trees or how one of the original ideas a now-departed writer had for the Fae Queen. The last one or two living wyld trees told them to surrender because their continued stubbornness was not only an exercise in futility, but divided as they were they were not likely to stand against what was coming.

The storyline would have been explored more in-depth had I finished the Ruins of Xadaron dungeon.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Small problem with that - Hethia herself said that the Old Wyld isn't a being or person, it's a force of nature they use. Or something.
She talks all about it if you successfully parley with her in Dog Days.
To add to what Tobs says, Hethia explains the instructions leading to the druidic surrender in her pre-Winter City talk and in post-Winter City talks in the Palace of Ice. :)

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The storyline would have been explored more in-depth had I finished the Ruins of Xadaron dungeon.
Alas, futa fungus elves, it was not your day. Though I remember seeing some comments about Cait's new quest to found a Mallachite temple and/or post-chastity Ryn potential shenanigans. Any chance some of that work you put into it could still get repurposed?

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Alas, futa fungus elves, it was not your day. Though I remember seeing some comments about Cait's new quest to found a Mallachite temple and/or post-chastity Ryn potential shenanigans. Any chance some of that work you put into it could still get repurposed?

It seems I have missed some stuff.. What is this Ruin about? And why was it (apparently) scrapped?

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I just found out that the best God is getting an expansion soon! Wooho. I do hope that means that we are getting to be his champion sooner rather than later. As long as I do not become infertile I am all good.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
TL:DR: the Old Wyld is a form of animistic paganism that focuses on the worship of not quite gods as they're understood, but certainly powerful and old entities like the Wyld Trees or how one of the original ideas a now-departed writer had for the Fae Queen. The last one or two living wyld trees told them to surrender because their continued stubbornness was not only an exercise in futility, but divided as they were they were not likely to stand against what was coming.

Can we become the champion of The Wyld? Or is it only for The Seven?

Status
Not open for further replies.