Gastigoth made me feel uncomfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Really, though when I saw this, I thought that the OP is either overthinking it as @Alabaster Chimes mentioned or didnt read all the way through regarding how it actually works.
I can't remember any situation where this line of thought has not been the default, when anyone was uncomfortable, or offended, by anything in the game.

Although, personally, I'm not really that uncomfortable with it. If I was, I would also have to have a problem with stuffing a defeated enemy full of cock, and I don't.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
As Woider touched upon and Savin told us not to think about, where the balance of power is really obviously skewed the excuse 'But they agreed to it!' doesn't hold water at all. See: pretty much any example of current day exploitation.

I agree with Savin's implicit train of thought, though: The U.G.C. is presented as a deregulated, hyper-capitalist society over which corporations have huge sway, and as such stuff like the commodifying of convicts is a natural consequence. It's naive, unrealistic and borderline negligent to show nothing but the upside of being able to buy and become whatever you want, as long as you or your daddy have the creds. And he's actually gone to lengths to make the situation at Gastigoth less terrible than he could have, so he's taken something from the various NT debacles at least.

None of this would matter of course if it wasn't for the fact really sleazy shit like this is hot as fuck. Sensitive souls such as Misty disagree of course, but I'm constantly being informed that the Beth's Broads bad end is one of the hottest things in the game, despite the fact I put relatively little effort into it. Power imbalances really hit those deep, red places in the human brain, fortunately for us smut writers and unfortunately for the species as a whole.

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
As Woider touched upon and Savin told us not to think about, where the balance of power is really obviously skewed the excuse 'But they agreed to it!' doesn't hold water at all. See: pretty much any example of current day exploitation.

I agree with Savin's implicit train of thought, though: The U.G.C. is presented as a deregulated, hyper-capitalist society over which corporations have huge sway, and as such stuff like the commodifying of convicts is a natural consequence. It's naive, unrealistic and borderline negligent to show nothing but the upside of being able to buy and become whatever you want, as long as you or your daddy have the creds. And he's actually gone to lengths to make the situation at Gastigoth less terrible than he could have, so he's taken something from the various NT debacles at least.

None of this would matter of course if it wasn't for the fact really sleazy shit like this is hot as fuck. Sensitive souls such as Misty disagree of course, but I'm constantly being informed that the Beth's Broads bad end is one of the hottest things in the game, despite the fact I put relatively little effort into it. Power imbalances really hit those deep, red places in the human brain, fortunately for us smut writers and unfortunately for the species as a whole.

I'm a pretty big fan of your content. The upcoming breedwell institute looks pretty good, and most things you touch turn out pretty well. But as a bad end enthusiast, the effort showed. You're great with characters/concepts. The bothriac as a whole both in characters and sex scenes were great. What is in Vava Groom is fantastic all round. Setting up believable and almost tangible broad strokes in the game are your strong point, but sometimes I think you rush through the sex scenes. I could be wrong here, just wanted to give that feeback.

As for the OP, I've gotta admit to feeling a bit off on it as well, this coming from someone that loves Jerryn's bad end. Just because it makes me feel off, doesn't mean it doesn't belong in the game. There are plenty of fetishes in this game that are great to some and mood killers to others. The content is uncomfortable by nature. I'm not on board with the idea that every bit of uncomfortable content should have a come-upance or revenge option. The player opts into everything that they experience for the most part. I will admit to being torn about this latest addition though. It's certainly a semi-realistic consequence of other parts explored in the game. It is also naturally unpalatable. Maybe something will be added to it to soften the edge, but maybe the edge doesn't need to be softened.

Things should not be removed just because they make us uncomfortable, not unless the WHY is a good one. It's the difference between a rape-fantasy where you know there's a safe word involved and both parties are consenting and enjoying themselves and something altogether different. I can see an argument for a good why on this one. Many people like power fantasies, as long as they're easily identifiable as fantasies and don't cross a rather thin line towards realism. Tits is over the top and sets itself apart form realism in most scenes, but in gastigoth it comes awful close to toeing that line. If nothing else it has this value, shit like gastigoth happens every day to real people. If it staying in game makes you think about that and think of something you can do to stop it, then it's valuable whether you like it there or not. If out of sight is out of mind, then leave it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ch0w
F

Franks

shit like gastigoth happens every day to real people.

Shit like Gastigoth is the extreme outlier as far as real-life rape/noncon goes, by which I mean it's extremely softcore compared to what usually happens in real life.

Reactions: Mehis

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah but anyone can go out and get like 10k credits from farming and enemies always respawn.

Entitled 3rd Millennials.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Back in my day, you'd be lucky if you saw 100 credits! Damn kids don't know how good they've got it!

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Shit like Gastigoth is the extreme outlier as far as real-life rape/noncon goes, by which I mean it's extremely softcore compared to what usually happens in real life.
Exactly. If you had a scene in TiTS that played out like what we see in real life, with all the crying, screaming, flailing and begging for the PC to stop, I can imagine 99% of the playerbase would NOPE the fuck out, both because it's horrible, and because it's not arousing in the least. (Unless you're the 1% who gets off on that, I guess.)

Reactions: ShySquare
F

Franks

Exactly. If you had a scene in TiTS that played out like what we see in real life, with all the crying, screaming, flailing and begging for the PC to stop, I can imagine 99% of the playerbase would NOPE the fuck out, both because it's horrible, and because it's not arousing in the least. (Unless you're the 1% who gets off on that, I guess.)
Fen wouldn't even let it into the game.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
It's nice to be reminded once in a while that there are folks out there that have a different tolerance to certain fetishes than you do. Puts things into perspective.

Not everyone has the hong fire violated heroine thread as their default homepage :p

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Fen wouldn't even let it into the game.
Of course he would never, because it's not sexy (and also horrible), whereas the defeated scenes (in general) are sexy.

We have the defeated scenes because they are sexy, rather than realistically depicted rape scenes, because they are not sexy. The same goes for Gastigoth. Actual Prison Rape is not sexy, therefore, it's nowhere to be found.

Not everyone has the hong fire violated heroine thread as their default homepage :p
I'm not sure what "hong fire violated heroine" is.

Chiyosuke

Oct 7, 2015
It's nice to be reminded once in a while that there are folks out there that have a different tolerance to certain fetishes than you do. Puts things into perspective.

But it's not like this stuff is new. We've been beating up people and then stuffing them for a dick (and vice versa) for like 2 games now.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
But it's not like this stuff is new. We've been beating up people and then stuffing them for a dick (and vice versa) for like 2 games now.
Yeah, but there are some things that people are completely fine with, but if you present X to them, that's the limit.

Fetishes are, by their nature, incredibly subjective, so what helps one person get their rocks off might leave another person feeling cold. I'm not into violent humiliation, but I know that some people like it.

Its one thing to kick someone's ass and bang them when they were threatening to do the same to you, but it might feel a little different when the situation is changed slightly.

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
Now there's a game I need to check for updates again.

I may have a high tolerance, but I'm somewhat glad neither CoC nor TitS are realistic when it comes to rape. Different games for different itches to scratch, no need for suffering and dismemberment in this one.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
the thing is, i don't even see the point in all this, most of win/defeat scenes are always bordeline rpey, with some weird excuse used as "consent" that just easily go by

Sure the scene may be strong for some(but again we're all adults), and not even be sexy or pleasant to almost anyone (sure someone must like), but hey you'd stop playing a game just because something in it "triggered" or made you "unpleasant" for thinking about something?

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
For what it's worth, something about Gastigoth kinda squicked me out too. No kinkshaming here, but I think, as someone mentioned earlier on in the thread, that a "Would you like to see what we do to the prisoners?" button would be a really good addition.

Reactions: valkyr42

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'm a pretty big fan of your content. The upcoming breedwell institute looks pretty good, and most things you touch turn out pretty well. But as a bad end enthusiast, the effort showed. You're great with characters/concepts. The bothriac as a whole both in characters and sex scenes were great. What is in Vava Groom is fantastic all round. Setting up believable and almost tangible broad strokes in the game are your strong point, but sometimes I think you rush through the sex scenes. I could be wrong here, just wanted to give that feeback.

Thank you! Feedback like that is never objectively wrong. I must say I usually end up thinking the sex scenes in this game have a tendency to drag on too long, and have seen that expressed elsewhere, so have recently been trying to cut them down a bit, aim for greater diversity over length. It's interesting to here someone say that actually they aren't long enough.

KWJ

Jan 21, 2017
Is it somehow changed now? I'm not a backer, and in the latest public issue, the whole line starts with an e-mail which hints that the prison is actually some kind of sex-slavery haven. I think this e-mail is enough warning which is suggested.

I'm not particularly fond of the idea, but I think this kind of fantasy is acceptable in the game.

...and I'm still expecting some romantic relationship with Kaska (it is hinted by the warden!).

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Thank you! Feedback like that is never objectively wrong. I must say I usually end up thinking the sex scenes in this game have a tendency to drag on too long, and have seen that expressed elsewhere, so have recently been trying to cut them down a bit, aim for greater diversity over length. It's interesting to here someone say that actually they aren't long enough.

I personally prefer a text that "drags on too long" than having the feeling it is rushed, I like the details in the scenes, I like the conversations (or monologues in the case of one part being too brainfucked to answer) that are in the scenes and I think it shows how imaginative the writer can be so I'd never consider it a flaw. That's my opinion.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
Man it's been a long time since I last messed around with VH... Oh the memories of the slow descent in to debauchery and I didn't even understand a single word of it at the time... That was the best guessing game ever! I wonder how the translation is going.

As for Gastigoth: They signed the waiver to put it bluntly and at least this is supposed to be a more mutual thing than say the standard IRL prison bitch... Fenoxo Rule #14: You sign shit, what happens, happens.

Last edited:

Malachmorn

May 21, 2017
I can understand the unease of other player and partly share it for the prison but if you take the setting in the universe of TiTs it's not as extreme since there is New Texas that force bimbofication and thus almost a kind of a planetary sex slavery as Evil said. Also during the rush it seems normal even on non rush planet as Uveto that sexual dominance (rape) over enemies is common, there is a race of psionic slaver, Beth Carter, the red myr sexually enslave the gold with drug addiction so in the background of the universe it's ot only Steele that have sexy shenanigan.

Now I must say I had other expectation for the prison with sex with Steele more like conjugal visit since Khorgan was very clear about Steele becoming her powerful mate, Tam is a slut and could have been persuaded and Kaska well two possibilities or you have raped her pussy durring the mission (sorry but since it was very clear that she didn't want to use her pussy as an alpha I consider it at least as a soft rape TiTs like) or seducing her; Personnally it would have been fun to dominate Kaska in the same time to being addict to her and use her not as your alpha but your personnal drug dispenser by milking her repeatedly but I digress.

So yes I think the prison could have been a little softer but the universe of TiTs is by definition more laxist and filled with non consensual sex or drug induced sex as well as slavery (Beth) so I'm ok but it's limit and not that great now it's my view and I can ignore that part of the game if I want (even if I really like the idia of having a kid with Korghan).

Reactions: valkyr42

Pazz

May 27, 2016
When I said: "Take revenge on her." I didn't mean becoming a rapist, nor that I had any boner. I meant removing her from her job or something like that.

I have to mention again, because it wasn't read by some; What ever happens to Steele or The Champion can be avoided. Either through combat or choices you make. But this scene was unavoidable. Maybe put that scene in a terminal for others to enjoy, but keep me out of it, if you would be so kind.

I didn't saw the line Savin has posted in the game, so apologies for missing that. I usually play TiTs in the evening, when other people are sleeping...
Would still prefer not to have this scene shoved in my face.

I do not like Violated Heroine, because I prefer Violated Hero (dieselmine).

I only like bad ends actually. That's how I play. That's why I like Sera (dominant), or what Kaska does to you. It's so hot. Still hoping for a scene with Amara.

Thank you for the replies. It is interesting to read.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Ah, well then, I happily withdraw that point.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Myrellion. Ant wars. Chemical weapons, the trench wives, literally color A versus color B. Playing mommy for QoTD's water princesses is pretty much the sole highlight of the place for me...
I'm rather fond of the Tavira as well.

Reactions: Pazz

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2016
You guys are funny. Rape is rape, and both this and CoC have reveled in it since day 1. Gentle/consensual rape is not a thing, especially not in games that often result in getting a giant minotaur cock in your ass if you lose a fight.

Rape is a cruel act, that you find only a single one uncomfortable and not the rest is odd given what it is. These worlds are supposed to be have a dark side to them. This isn't simply a fun fantasy sex adventure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mehis and ShySquare

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Gentle/consensual rape is not a thing.
No one's saying it is. We're arguing that prisoners are allowed to either be normal prisoners, or have sex for a lesser sentence.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2016
No one's saying it is. We're arguing that prisoners are allowed to either be normal prisoners, or have sex for a lesser sentence.

Not sure what you mean, plenty are discussing it. This thread is full of people saying that this content makes them uncomfortable, is somehow more extreme or that there is even some moral issue to find disturbing here. Rape and slavery are central themes to this game, consent is not a requirement for prisoners in such a game. You have enemies that will fly to you and spill ejaculate on your face as an attack. Prisoner rape or what not is nothing out of the ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.