Gastigoth made me feel uncomfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazz

May 27, 2016
I've played CoC and TiTs for a long time, and never felt uncomfortable.
A bit annoyed at times, yes. When grinding for xp, trying to beat that annoying boss.
Turned off, sure. When I stumbled upon gay content. I'm straight so it doesn't work for me, is what I'm saying.

But all of that are minor things.
When you arrive at Gastigoth, the warden will meet you in her office. She shows you what they do with prisoners, and you are forced to watch a rape scene.

I don't mind what happens to Steele, since you can always avoid or choose not to be involved with such content. But this was with someone else, and you had to see it.
A warning would have been nice. Or maybe some sort of revenge/payback against the warden.

Thanks.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
It's a smut game, the (gentle) rape is heavily present in this game and in CoC and the fact that the prisoners get that treatment with or without Steele contributes to the general atmosphere of the prison, I don't think it should be changed.

I mean, it's not like the prisoners cry and shout of pain or something, THAT would have made me uncomfortable, nothing in the game promotes what I'd call "true" rape, where one part is absolutely non-consentant and it's the same there, the prisoners are conditioned into sex.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Yeah, I can totally see why prison rape would make you uncomfortable, OP. Though as @SoAndSo pointed out, you oughta watch where you're waving that boner. I mean, it wouldn't really be that hard to have a "do you want to see what we do to the prisoners?" followed by a yes or no.

SylcarenBloodmoon

Aug 3, 2017
Haven't seen the scene myself yet as it seems to be from the backer editions. However, it seems like par for the course for many of the situations. I mean it is possible for Steele to basically enslave Sera against her will which you personally do and can only happen if you sell her tons of junk. While that is a player choice, it's just another example of a few situations where such things happen.

Though I do agree it wouldn't appear to be much of an issue to stop short of the scene and offer a choice to view it or not. Though I have no real idea of course.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
It depends on how you look at things.
On the one hand, Gastigoth does skirt the lines of what feels creepy, especially when you realise that the prisoners, no matter how much they might like the sex, aren't giving consent.
On the other, consider what happens in the bad ends of the characters involved. The pirates blow up a planet and make you a sex slave.

I'm not saying either one is right, but at the same time, this is a setting where sex is almost a currency in itself. You have a massive space station prison that is possibly only barely legal compared to the Core. Prisons are expensive to run. So are space stations. Combine the two and the costs are astronomical. There has to be something to make it a viable business. Several thousand credits a conjugal visit obviously justifies the expense of have a massive space station.

TiTS is a universe where people on a planet are forced to take a injection that can either make them hung like a bull if they are male, or forces them to become docile and subservient if they are female. No choice, its mandatory. That creeps me out.

Doctor Badger and Riya are also aspects of the game that come to mind when I think of parts of the game that creep me out. Thankfully I can ignore Doctor Badger, I can get Riya transferred to somewhere out of the way and her own private hell. After that, they become afterthoughts.

The thing is, it is ultimately your choice. You can choose whether or not you take up the Warden on their offer. Its still not the best course of action, but given the instance, its still the lesser of two evils.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@Pazz: Most of the prisoners in the prison have tried to kill you and/or other people. Or turn you into a sex slave. They are voluntarily being allowed to offer sex to *certain* visitors (who have both been invited and are paying for the privilege), for a lesser sentence. They get even more time off their sentence for willingly taking aphrodisiacs or being impregnated.

@MistyBirb @Evil They are notified beforehand of everything that will be done to them and sign off on everything. There are prisoners who aren't being whored out at all. You guys keep thinking it's noncon because you have a life unlike me and don't spend hours on Discord bugging Savin.

So does any of that make all of it moral? Hell no. But it does make it not that much worse than the rest of TiTS. Savin wrote it and it's not going to change.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah people keep ignoring the part where the Warden tells you (truthfully) that the prisoners volunteer for the conjugal/breeding program in exchange for reduced sentences and nicer amenities during their stay.

Relevant text:
"In exchange for reduced sentences or additional access to amenities during their stay, inmates volunteer for our conjugal program. From amongst them, we select the most viable of our inmates and add them to a roster available to you, our </i>select<i> clientele. For an appropriate fee, your choice of inmate is made safe for interaction, and you're allowed to... fulfill your desires."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Yeah people keep ignoring the part where the Warden tells you (truthfully) that the prisoners volunteer for the conjugal/breeding program in exchange for reduced sentences and nicer amenities during their stay.
Would a contract signed under a prisoner/warden power-relationship be classified as under duress?

Chiyosuke

Oct 7, 2015
I've played CoC and TiTs for a long time, and never felt uncomfortable.

Thanks.

THIS is what makes you uncomfortable? After playing CoC/TiTs?
Not getting a train ran on you by imps and a super imp when you don't guard your camp?
Not having Minotaurs slip an arm length penis into you and injecting you with addictive semen?
Not having Hel hold you down and ram you into her oven temperature pussy?

THIS is too much? Are you 100% sure you've played CoC/TiTS dawg?

Isn't there a SFW mode? Maybe that's more your speed.

SylcarenBloodmoon

Aug 3, 2017
Let's overthink this all the way into the ground~

I know I am new here and all but, from the little I have observed that seems like a common situation.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Would a contract signed under a prisoner/warden power-relationship be classified as under duress?
Given that the warden is a cyborg with a vested interest in providing the highest quality experience for the people who go to that prison of their own free will, I would say that the warden would have an easy time presenting that deal in a way that didn't put undo pressure on the inmates.

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
It's a smut game, the (gentle) rape is heavily present in this game and in CoC and the fact that the prisoners get that treatment with or without Steele contributes to the general atmosphere of the prison, I don't think it should be changed.

I mean, it's not like the prisoners cry and shout of pain or something, THAT would have made me uncomfortable, nothing in the game promotes what I'd call "true" rape, where one part is absolutely non-consentant and it's the same there, the prisoners are conditioned into sex.
You know everyone in the factory in CoC was a former Champion who had been tricked just like you but had not had the willpower to resist being drugged and raped like you? And that they had had their bodies forcibly mutated into hermaphrodites and we're milked of their juices 24/7 so the demons could make the skies rain corruption?

I'd call that fucked up on a scale way higher than Gastigoth, even if the prisoners weren't fully consenting (which they are.)

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Alright, put CoC out of my comment. I didn't think about the factories.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I really ought to grab the update and take a look for myself at this, cus damn this is kinda mean seeming.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
That would depend on how well prisoners are treated if they don't enter the prison's breeding program :/

Chiyosuke

Oct 7, 2015
You know everyone in the factory in CoC was a former Champion who had been tricked just like you but had not had the willpower to resist being drugged and raped like you? And that they had had their bodies forcibly mutated into hermaphrodites and we're milked of their juices 24/7 so the demons could make the skies rain corruption?

I'd call that fucked up on a scale way higher than Gastigoth, even if the prisoners weren't fully consenting (which they are.)

This guy gets it.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I would like to say that I don't particularly mind the prison and what it offers.

At least you have a connection to the three prisoners (so far) and nothing you do is any different to what you could do on Tarkus. And at the same time, they are taking part of a monitored program and they aren't getting abused by the guards. And its better than what Tam, Keska and Korghan to do you in their bad ends.

But I can understand why someone doesn't like it. But its different strokes for different folks.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
i don't get it, its just a prison, if prison nowadays, in REAL LIFE have weird shit happening all the time, what woul you expect from a space prison in a fantasy erotic/smut game?

also lets compare a few things "oh there's rape boohoo" the game of thrones books, which people love, has more rape than anything, over 200 acts if i remember correctly. And it gets by just saying that supossedly, "is showcasing how it used to happen in those times". Worth remember it is not even a erotic/smut fantasy. But hey, here we are arguing about if something is too much for an adult/erotic game.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
i don't get it, its just a prison, if prison nowadays, in REAL LIFE have weird shit happening all the time, what woul you expect from a space prison in a fantasy erotic/smut game?

also lets compare a few things "oh there's rape boohoo" the game of thrones books, which people love, has more rape than anything, over 200 acts if i remember correctly. And it gets by just saying that supossedly, "is showcasing how it used to happen in those times". Worth remember it is not even a erotic/smut fantasy. But hey, here we are arguing about if something is too much for an adult/erotic game.
The flaw in your argument there is that the rape in the books is not the draw-in and are meant to flesh out the world to show how depraved it really is. The vast majority of readers aren't supposed to find it enjoyable whereas this here game, based entirely on smut and smexyness, is meant and built upon trying to make people enjoy it. When people stop enjoying it, it's failed it's purpose.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
nope, because you don't like makes you think more about consequences, it seems to work fine. A lot of shit you don't like happens all the time, they don't stop just because you don't like it or look away. I bet everybody has something they can list they don`t enjoy in the game, but hey it`s a game, that`s how it works, there's no perfect game to appeal everyone all the time all the same. It's an experience, to show/see the darkside of the game. Not everything is always pleasant, flowers and please.

The flaw in your argument there is that the rape in the books is not the draw-in and are meant to flesh out the world to show how depraved it really is. The vast majority of readers aren't supposed to find it enjoyable whereas this here game, based entirely on smut and smexyness, is meant and built upon trying to make people enjoy it. When people stop enjoying it, it's failed it's purpose.

Last edited:

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
This whole prison thing makes me think of Two of the Fenoxo rules.

Fenoxo Rule #3: After conflict, if the other party likes it, sex does not equal rape.

Fenoxo Rule #14: If you sign anything, what happens, happens.

I bring up Rule 3 due to how each prisoner is someone you have fought before, and the prison basically allows you to re-do their scenes or actually do them. Which, up until the prison, were a onetime thing for them. You get to reap the spoils of your victory.

Khorgan puts it best and quite literally is the best definition for Rule 3.

“Captain Steele,” Khorgan says, somewhere between a sultry purr and the growl of a barbaric rival. “Finally ready to claim your prize, are you? We should be tearing this galaxy a new one, side by side, showing everyone our combined strength! You’ve won my loyalty in battle, so why keep me here, huh?”
And
“We thraggen have a saying,” she whispers as you release her. “To the victor go the spoils. You defeated me in my prime, so take me. Any way you want, Steele.”

Rule 14 is a bit subjective, but at least in this case the people know what they are signing up for, unlike some of the Beth's Broads contracts. They signed up for it, so what happens is in their bounds of consent. Hell in the Prison, they get rewarded, which in Beth's it is very debatable if you can call what happens a reward.

I dont really mind the prison (Because I get to be with 3rd best babe Khorgan :p) but I will admit is has grim dark tones. But like a lot of things here on the forums....

We are pretty much overthinking things here.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I don't feel uncomfortable because I am a fish. I *love* hardcore content like, say, Jerynn's and hope for more.

Reactions: Mehis and Nnxx

lovesword +5

Jul 26, 2017
I'm surprised that anyone objects to the prison on moral grounds. I'd say that the prison is actually morally far less objectionable than most of the combat sex encounters throughout the game, which usually start out non-consensual until your opponent is won over by Steele's "prowess".

The prisoners volunteer for the sex and breeding programs, the warden made that point clearly during the intro blurb.

I personally thought the prison was great! I'm looking forward to seeing it "fleshed out" so to speak... ;-)

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
@lovesword +5 Iam with you on that bro.

I also look forward to more content with Gastigoth and the upcoming scenes involving the Warden and the Guard. Really, though when I saw this, I thought that the OP is either overthinking it as @Alabaster Chimes mentioned or didnt read all the way through regarding how it actually works.

Can't wait for more Gastigoth content!

Status
Not open for further replies.