Free Cities

MMMm

Feb 20, 2016
I have never actually lost this game. Closest I've ever gotten was a bad RNG with weather, forcing me to buy the cladding very early. (I've seen it go to week 100, and still not have to buy it)

So what's your setup for your slave training? Do you use mostly the head girl's abilities or train slaves manually? Do you make slaves have perfect skills before you sell them? Do you make use of any of the slave schools?

You're doing something really special here, beating the game with limited use of facilities and a small number of slaves.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Alot of cost-benefit management, basically. That, and some of the slaves you're "guaranteed" can net 150k or more within a few turns.

There isn't much of a formula to it. I tend to sell instead of stuffing them in the facilities.

Tourii

Apr 18, 2016
I hope other people are helped by this! There's people saying they have trouble playing because the weather events are too hard. That 50K for weather cladding is too much and they lose by the time the Daughters appear. Maybe these tactics will help people enjoy the game more.

Well, I'm going to be honest and say that I never had any real problems with the game's economy. Of course, I also subsidised the fuck out of rep and econ, plus got weather cladding as soon as I could plus the odles and boodles of security shit, while playing as the pastorial society. 

That feeling when you take the other arcology leader and keep her as your personal slave is wonderful, plus getting her up to Worshipful and full Trust... and then tattooing her, implanting her, gelding her, loping off all her limbs, piercing her, muting her, piercing her, and then keeping her as my concubine...

That was one of the few times I was actively cruel.

Miscellaneous Forum Viewer

Apr 6, 2016
It's neat to see how others play through the game and discussing the pros and cons of the approach. I personally focus on security/militaristic things like a prime bodyguard at the start with my background in mercenary work. But I usually do Hard Work and Diligence and take paternalism as soon as possible, so I see it as a bit of a kinder military state. Idealistic fascism maybe? I've never had trouble with the Daughters, although I've never felt the need to amass obscene amounts of wealth unless I had upgrades that were needed so I never use the Arcade and rarely use the brothel. I rely almost entirely on the Dairy/Collection facility. I think I'd prefer to make gladiators if they didn't HAVE to die. I think you can make money in the pit but I haven't done it that often, I s'pose I should try.

One thing I've hoping he adds is a non-lethal option for the gladiatorial event. Like you can do in your own pit but like asserting your bodyguards dominance over some other person's slave. For some reason I really like the idea of having an Amazonian hermaphrodite bodyguard that's a force to be reckoned with in the arena, yet completely the opposite for her master. Like why some rich dudes get tigers for pets I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

MMMm

Feb 20, 2016
Another update. It adds new game plus. You can take 5 slaves with you into the new version of the game. So the updates won't be forward compatible, but this is a nice compromise. I took my milk maid, three cows and a prestigious former archology owner with me into new game +. Used the starting money to build a head girl.

There was a strange bug in the last version where if you threw a genetic female into an arcade that milks slaves, they all got turned into hermaphrodites. They just grew tiny dicks with balls. It was unbelievable.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
So what would I use to 'take apart' the game, or at least mod it? I can't for the life of me get my starter customized dickgirl slave to impregnate other slaves, and it's really annoying me. I could of course use the 'use another slave to impregnate her' option, which impregnated any female slave without fail, but with high devotion/trust on both slaves that breaks in the dickgirl's asshole, and I don't want that. How would I go about seeing if it's actually a bug or just rng hating me dearly, I've save scummed over 50 times in a row, though I realize that's too small of a sample size to be conclusive.

MMMm

Feb 20, 2016
slaves that breaks in the dickgirl's asshole, and I don't want that

An upgraded auto surgery can allow you to restore the virginity of slaves, anal and vaginal at the cost of the respective skills. Otherwise you'd download Twine and Sugar Cube.

Tourii

Apr 18, 2016
Found a bug for Dairy, etc. Might just be nothing, but here's the ctrl-v'd ersion

Error: <<silently>>: error within contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: State.variables.toSearch.indexOf is not a function)

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I hope one of the future updates involves the ability to give mute slaves an artificial (or replaced) voicebox, aswell as cybernetic prosthetics for amputees. (I generally keep the more extreme options on, mainly for gelding, but I always find it heartbreaking that an otherwise wonderful slave is stuck as a nugget)

Gizmo1206

Aug 28, 2015
just started playing again in a while and noticed you can start as a female now will you eventually be able to have your slaves use their dicks to fuck you and possibly impregnate you? or is the only point of playing a female to make the game harder?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
just started playing again in a while and noticed you can start as a female now will you eventually be able to have your slaves use their dicks to fuck you and possibly impregnate you? or is the only point of playing a female to make the game harder?

I haven't tried going for a vagina, yet. The options exists solely because people wanted to be either a female or trans mistress/master, and not just solely a guy with a donger. Personally, I tend to play with breasts and dick, just to make it a little harder.

I do not think you yourself can be penetrated in any scenes. You always do the fucking, yourself.

MMMm

Feb 20, 2016
I always play as a female, for max difficulty. There's no option to be penetrated by slaves because FC Dev is only into dom stuff, as you can probably tell. If other people write scenes of a dominant female demanding slaves penetrate her, then he'll add them to the game.

Playing as a female also gives you a trust bonus when you obtain genetically female slaves.

PentaEye

Apr 22, 2016
This is the best and the worst game ever. I can't decide, it's like Nick Cage's acting.

Darkfirephoenix

Oct 19, 2015
I always play as a female, for max difficulty. There's no option to be penetrated by slaves because FC Dev is only into dom stuff, as you can probably tell. If other people write scenes of a dominant female demanding slaves penetrate her, then he'll add them to the game.

Playing as a female also gives you a trust bonus when you obtain genetically female slaves.

FC Dev said that penetrating someone is regarded a act of power over someone in his game. The powerfull penetrate the weaker is the mentality.

Slaves may penetrate other slaves, but no slave is allowed to penetrate his/her Master/Mistress, even if a master/mistress demands that a slave penetrates him/her it would be seen as a act of weakness on the master/mistress side (and would result in a EXTREME Rep hit if it would go public).

Naas

Feb 1, 2016
He'll still add the option, if other people write them.

Or I will, I have a rough idea for a scene but for now my contributions and mod are suspended due to RL.

BlueBurn

Apr 28, 2016
I was looking through this game's code on Twine but I cannot figure out where the variables are. I also tried doing some text searches on the HTML document with no success. Anyone know javascript? I only barely know it. I'd like to mod this game but I need a little help finding that stuff. Other than locating variables and functions I should be fine on my own.

stuntcock

Nov 1, 2015
Other than locating variables and functions I should be fine on my own.

Twine doesn't put much emphasis on functions; there are only a handful of them in the Free Cities code.  The focus is instead on subroutines, each of which is expected to either (modify some of the global variables) or (print some HTML text to the screen) or a combination of the two.

Variables are declared all over the place, using the keyword "set".  This keyword is somewhat ambiguous since it's also used to simply modify the value of a variable.  In version 0.6.10, you'll find a big block of variable declarations in the passage named "init".  The block begins on line 13003.

You'll need to review the code and carefully decide where to make your edits.  If your goal is simply to reduce the difficulty by increasing the starting cash value (or if you just want to force every newly-generated slave to have giant boobs or whatever) then you shouldn't face very many complications.  If you intend to write entire new scenes and events, and then weave them into the existing storyline and gameplay ... then your task will be more challenging.

BlueBurn

Apr 28, 2016
Twine doesn't put much emphasis on functions; there are only a handful of them in the Free Cities code.  The focus is instead on subroutines, each of which is expected to either (modify some of the global variables) or (print some HTML text to the screen) or a combination of the two.

Variables are declared all over the place, using the keyword "set".  This keyword is somewhat ambiguous since it's also used to simply modify the value of a variable.  In version 0.6.10, you'll find a big block of variable declarations in the passage named "init".  The block begins on line 13003.

You'll need to review the code and carefully decide where to make your edits.  If your goal is simply to reduce the difficulty by increasing the starting cash value (or if you just want to force every newly-generated slave to have giant boobs or whatever) then you shouldn't face very many complications.  If you intend to write entire new scenes and events, and then weave them into the existing storyline and gameplay ... then your task will be more challenging.

I actually want to add features. I must be blind or something because I didn't notice the 'set' keyword when I looked at init before. Or maybe it was because I was expecting the 'var' keyword... But anyway thanks.

zenaku

Mar 28, 2016
Is there any way to increase a slaves intelligance? I'm tired of all the stupid slaves I get.

MMMm

Feb 20, 2016
Is there any way to increase a slaves intelligance? I'm tired of all the stupid slaves I get.

If they're not educated already, putting them in slave classes or a school room increases intelligence. No idea what to do if they already have an education.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
If they're not educated already, putting them in slave classes or a school room increases intelligence. No idea what to do if they already have an education.

There is nothing you can do if they're already educated. So if you by some shitty luck get a slave that's a borderline spastic, use them as a cow or something.

PentaEye

Apr 22, 2016
FC Dev said that penetrating someone is regarded a act of power over someone in his game. The powerfull penetrate the weaker is the mentality.

That's so dumb. But I guess good reasons aren't an important requirement when it comes to smut game devs blacklisting content.

i-cant-believe-its-not-democracy.jpg

stuntcock

Nov 1, 2015
That's so dumb. But I guess good reasons aren't an important requirement when it comes to smut game devs blacklisting content.

He hasn't blacklisted it.  Quoting from the latest update: "[a femdom scene] could fit the setting if well written."  He's just not personally into it and therefore he doesn't enjoy writing it.  He's said that he'll include femdom scenes if other people can provide them.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark

It's really not, because the premise of the game doesn't make for Femdom content. I'd do the same things for kinks I don't enjoy, if I were to make a game involving debauchery of the sexual kind.

Naas

Feb 1, 2016
I hope one of the future updates involves the ability to give mute slaves an artificial (or replaced) voicebox, aswell as cybernetic prosthetics for amputees. (I generally keep the more extreme options on, mainly for gelding, but I always find it heartbreaking that an otherwise wonderful slave is stuck as a nugget)

Just noticed this post, consider something along those lines in my to-do pile, although it's not made my list yet. I've been mulling it over though as I like the option to restore slaves to full functionality as it were, not sure if I'll add voice replacement but I might do or something for a workaround in scene content.

zenaku

Mar 28, 2016

Here is a perfectly good reason. Lore. This is a world where masculinity is superior to femininity. As seen by the fact that when you choose female options, your ability to gain rep goes down. In fact, you have to work to make people see you as male (the one penetrating rather then being penetrated). 

I tend to play as a futa, so I have not seen what the scenes look like without a dick.

MMMm

Feb 20, 2016
The amount of money and power you accumulate could let you alter society in any way you wish. It's possible future society options could eliminate whatever penalties come up, even if you have to add new ones.Gender traditionalism, for instance has the final level turn your female character into the mother figure of society.

But people need to write the scenes.