Favorite/least favorite character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yet some fell she's boring. She do sit there breeding army of ants we would even never use to anything :/

Apr 28, 2017
Yet some fell she's boring. She do sit there breeding army of ants we would even never use to anything :/

My line of thinking is that the interactions we can have with any one character isn't the sole means by which they are defined. So I try not to let the amount of available content a character has influence my opinion of them.

So while there is no way for us to interact with our ant children and our options with Phylla are limited, she has a personality beyond sitting in her ant hill makin' babies.

But that's just my opinion.

Reactions: Ormael

Sirplz

May 12, 2017
Ormael brings a good point.....but honestly if that were the case of comparing characters then every npc would be useless, none of them help you fight jack shit except maybe ember with the drider fight where you are actually trying to save her so i don't really count that, and helia who didn't really help but is doing god knows what in the phoenix tower. when you go to fight lethice in the stronghold you for some reason go alone spite the fact you could so easily use the ant army, your pair of tsundere dragons, maybe some guards from tel'adre, forces from the harpy queen and sand queen because they all can be somewhat friends with the champion, they all hate lethice, they want the world pure. but in the end for some weird as fuck reason your champion always ends up having to one man army it through the whole horde that is the demon army. thanks lovers and followers, allies and slaves. glad to see you got my back......assholes.

to answer the OP question though,
favorite character: after some long thinking i think im going to have to say benoit. sure he can be a snarky ass and be a cheapskate at first, but looking at his history of being a blind basilisk that escaped from demon control, and now dreams of returning females to his race to save them in the long run. he is by far one of the least selfish people in the lands i have the honor of meeting that don't get buddy buddy just to get in my pants. besides his commentary can be funny and once he sells and buys at normal prices he can be quite the money pot.

a close second is rathuzal. he may be antisocial and not sexual but tbh that's not exactly a bad thing in this world, he gives you many helpfull products such as debimbo, spidersilk armor, reducto, and takes the taint out of demonic potions. he is looking out for you in a way and is just filling his pockets in the process, it's not just buisness that he is doing this, it's his pleasure to be helping the world of mareth.

Least favorite: Amily- this bitch is such a judgmental twerp. if you are a male she only sees interest in you to help her 'repopulate her people' which by the way is beyond stupid. there are plenty of micemorph in tel'adre, though she doesn't know about them. does she just assume her village was the only mice area or did she think the demons conquered the others as well? if you are a herm she looks at you like an unnatural abomination, which is some audacious shit coming from a humanoid rodent. and if you are female she just chats with yah like a casual gal pal until she gets so desperate she herself goes herm to once again remake her still living quite well race. like she couldn't find a bunny morph or other close related rodent morph to breed with and just be happy for a 50/50 chance of pure mice coming out or even better a halfbreed to better stand a chance in the fucked up world

Reactions: Nao and Ormael

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Sirplz That would be actual Fenoxo. He had vision that PC need be one man army to end either way Lethice rulership. Smth smth about been alone here. I think at start it looked like that but then other writers writing mroe and more stuff about how various groups was against here still lead to hilarious situation when PC know that there was quite a bit npc's that may want come help storm Stronghold but still PC doing the hero thing going silently alone there. Rewriting parts of game to make possible fight in group with them may be quite long and tiring thing. But still possible as long someone got patience and blessing from devs that this change will not make them kick this person mod form forum.

Sirplz

May 12, 2017
@Ormael well true im sure he didn't expect all of these npc's that were against the demons.....but the sand cave, the city of tel'adre were both very large portions of the game, the sand cave was a shit ton of coding. teladre is a large pub of scenes and a shit ton of the game in general. the sand queen who is the boss says that she wishes to build up her sisters and storm the demons, in the cum witch bad end they actually do so and win easily. the city has a lot of guards, recruiting being quick but harsh, they are able to survive the roughness of the desert, and take down perps. just look at urta for instance that for some reason has so many abilities she makes my lvl 43 human giant badass look like a mediocre warrior. im sure if the city wanted to....they could just send the guards.

and savin i thought was one of the main people of the thing with helia being one of the most epic lovers ever. didn't really consider her a favorite because well.....idk i guess i forgot her. she is a nice gal that just likes fighting and fucking but ends up loving the champion more than just a fuckbuddy/punching bag. so the harpy dungeon was well known too, where the harpy queen says she was making an army to fight the demons, and that if you spare her you shall meet her again.....apparently not with this system.

i guess i can understand Fenoxo's thinking with the intense super dramatic style ending it just seems.....unreal. i can understand dramatic fights and being an epic tank of a warrior with undying ambition but.....cmon it's a fucking demon army. they slaughtere nearly all opposing areas, they ruined races. enslaved masses, and corrupted so many it's beyond counting. it's really dumb they went with the "it all comes down to the one champion. i mean, i played a giant masculine walls of pure muscle with maxed out everything so ith slightly fitted that the god like character would do something like that, but what about the mage players? the teaser players that purposely based there whole build on lust? as much as i adore the game i kinda hated the last dungeon because it feels sloppy. at this point you the champion are no one special. you can beat the game at level 20 probably. so ember can beat lethice, Izumi, hell i bet urta would give the bitch a tough time with the shit she has fought. it would have been more epic and dramtic if they just had the friends and allies you made help you by causing a mass attack to draw out the demon army and you slip in to fight the big baddies, would still be a dramatic one man badass ending, but it would be at least a little realistic......not like the game was supposed to be anyway but still.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Sirplz I totaly agree on this analize of situation. Probably near the end of working on CoC Fen just not wanted change it (I think there was rumors that some ncp's we got can help PC in Lethice Stronghold: smth like they take care for some of bosses probaly even all aside LEthice if we gathered enough of them) and jsut wrapeed it somehow with Savin help. THat not mean mods can't try to make it all sound less absurd of one man army beating army of demons that Savins said "if they stop been lazy asses and not in constnat orgies they could wipe out any resistance in Mareth now". Even if it's half truth that still mean single champion will not make diference here in way it was in vanilla CoC.

Apr 28, 2017
@Sirplz You can work on something forever, making constant improvements, but that's only if you never want to work on anything else. Fenoxo didn't want to be in development forever; so he chose when and how to call it quits. You or someone else can always think of something better, but it will never be perfect. I could point out flaws in some of your recommendations, mostly where it's just your own opinions, but I don't see a point in delving into that any further.

That's where mods come in. I'm all for being creative. So analyzing the final product and coming up with ways to make the improvements you want is cool. The best use of your constructive criticisms would be to direct your efforts in that direction (or you could just start another ideas/opinions thread). I'd hate to see such impassioned ideas go to waste.

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Favorite has gotta be Amily, hands down. But I'm probably coming into it with a little bit of bias, considering she was the first waifu I ever encountered in the game. She was a sweet girl, I turned her down initially because I was playing a buttslut trappy type, but I kept visiting her for the anti-corruption, and ended up falling in love with her anyways.

Jojo and Rathazul are pretty much in the same boat - It's remarkable how a world where everything wants to fuck you makes you automatically fond of anything that's down to hold a conversation. To a lesser extent I also feel the same way about the Bee Handmaiden. I already liked her eggpreg stuff, but the fact that telling her no leads to a more meaningful connection really made me respect her a lot more. (Though I have no idea whether that's a mod-exclusive thing or not.)

Least favorite.. probably gotta be Shouldra, sorry. I wouldn't have so much of an issue with her if she'd just stop cock-blocking when my characters were trying to knock Amily up. Back in the low levels, I'd get my lust up high, and she'd show up to kick my ass. No real way to get rid of her either - You don't even have the option to just ignore the racks that trigger her appearance. And once she's recruited, she still demands maintenance.

badbreadpuns

Dec 3, 2015
badbreadpuns.tumblr.com
My faves are definitely Helia and Izma! I like tall, strong ladies, and thankfully they both have neat personalities too. Kiha is my third fave, for similar reasons; I'm not usually a fan of tsunderes but she won me over. Runners-up are male Ember and Arian. (What can I say, I like scales.)

I don't really have a least favorite but constantly dealing with Ceraph and Tamani (on the rare playthrough as a PC w/ a dick) is really frustrating, as they're not my type at all. Also while her antics were mostly amusing, I eventually kicked out Shouldra because she kept bugging me for sex. :/ Sorry Shouldra.

Last edited:

Kitsune Lord Momiji

Jan 12, 2016
Hawkethorne
Favorite NPC: Probably either Helia or Izma. Urta and Amily get honorable mentions, though. I also enjoy Heckel, if only because you can actually penetrate her unlike, say, Roxanne. She's also pretty sweet towards you now and then despite being dominating, which I appreciate.

Least Favorite NPC: I'd probably have to go through the game again to give a more solid opinion based on character. Mechanically, it's a toss up between two:

1. Shouldra. In a game where you have loads of new content being added with each update, being punished for not interacting with her frequently is rather unappealing. Starting anew also has the issue of her interfering with recruiting Amily. And she can potentially waste trips to the Bakery as well as an hour of your day assuming you don't like the scene that follows.

2. Tamami. If you have a male character, she shows up near constantly in two locations, making it hard to experience other events because she's always hounding you for sex. It'd probably be more manageable if she had more scenes or was recruitable, but it's the same three scenes every time. Even her daughters show up less often, and their scenes are more fun.

Venus would likely be on this list as well, but I barely have reason to go to the lake once I unlock the three places tied to it. I guess she does come up often when I go hunting for Izma, but I generally just spam talk and ignore her.

Not really a fan of Jasun, either, since he's just a dick. "You looked in my direction. Get out of here before I kill you!" Ass.

Last edited:

thegidbinn

Jul 3, 2017
Favorite NPC: Arian. I like how he has a lot of "stages" to his relationship - meeting him, catching him masturbating, bringing him to the camp, getting his second dick, training his butt, etc.

Least favorite: Tamani. Annoying. Go away

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Favorite: Arian - cute lizzy husbando
Least Favorite: Helspawn - self explanatory

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
My favorites are Minerva (she's my all time fav), Urta, Helia, Phylla, Izma and Katherine

My least favorites are Isabella, Kelt, Jojo and Shouldra

The favorites are because they're so well written and/or adorable and the others because I was just ... "Meh"

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
Least favorite
Tamami: So fucking annoying I was trying to become a kitsune in the deepwoods and I kept fucking running into her it's like bitch I'm not interested in fucking you leave me alone. I ended up just beating her into a pulp after a certain point.
Kelt: Huge douchebag, garbage character, sexist piece of shit, archery is a stupid skill to learn anyway.
Minotaur King: Annoying asshole that takes forever to put down.
Sigh and I guess Shouldra I mean she's a decent enough character but she is just way too much high maintenance to be comic relief
Favorites
Urta: since she seems the character with the most work put into her and the most developed.
Helia: She is just a down ass bitch and a kindred spirit in a brutal environment
Kiha: I kind of always just like Tsundere characters
Ember: I like her sex scenes and the fact that you can become some bizarre dragon hybrid by drinking her blood is kind of rad

MrJellyfish

Aug 16, 2017
My absolute favorite would definitely have to be Helia. There's just so much you can do with her and and there's even a whole dungeon to go through in order to win her affection. She has the best personality and sex options out of all the lovers in my opinion. She's a 10/10 waifu.

The worst though......Kelt. All he's good for is the archery training. But I just get that with the save editor because I don't like being harassed by a douche bag every time I want to learn it. 0/10 worst character.

WolfLord10101

Feb 20, 2019
Favorite NPC: Probably either Helia or Izma. Urta and Amily get honorable mentions, though. I also enjoy Heckel, if only because you can actually penetrate her unlike, say, Roxanne. She's also pretty sweet towards you now and then despite being dominating, which I appreciate.

Least Favorite NPC: I'd probably have to go through the game again to give a more solid opinion based on character. Mechanically, it's a toss up between two:

1. Shouldra. In a game where you have loads of new content being added with each update, being punished for not interacting with her frequently is rather unappealing. Starting anew also has the issue of her interfering with recruiting Amily. And she can potentially waste trips to the Bakery as well as an hour of your day assuming you don't like the scene that follows.

2. Tamami. If you have a male character, she shows up near constantly in two locations, making it hard to experience other events because she's always hounding you for sex. It'd probably be more manageable if she had more scenes or was recruitable, but it's the same three scenes every time. Even her daughters show up less often, and their scenes are more fun.

Venus would likely be on this list as well, but I barely have reason to go to the lake once I unlock the three places tied to it. I guess she does come up often when I go hunting for Izma, but I generally just spam talk and ignore her.

Not really a fan of Jasun, either, since he's just a dick. "You looked in my direction. Get out of here before I kill you!" Ass.

Can you win the arm wrestling for the top against her?

Status
Not open for further replies.