Dog of War (for Shinyhappyfitsofrage)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The creature soon realized that it was being followed, and turned to face Gwyllgi. 'Bull' didn't really do the thing justice, it was the size of a bison, with the long curved horns of a great ox, and it's body was covered in the oily black slime that she had been following. It opened its mouth to reveal flint-like teeth, and began chomping at the air. Each time closed the teeth gave off sparks, and it didn't take long for one to touch the slime covered hide of the creature. Suddenly the bull and everything around Gwyllgi was on fire; the blaze extending down the tunnel in both directions. All thought of this thing being a natural animal went right out the window, as it lowered its head and charged.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Fire. Gwyllgi loved fire. She could swim in volcanoes, she didn't have any trouble breathing when smoke choked the oxygen from the air, flames wreathing her were as comfortable as summer sunshine. She grinned as it managed to turn its huge bulk in that tunnel, and charge at her, summoning fire everywhere. She was ready to play the matador. She had the strength to toss even a creature of this size around, as long as she was careful. She charged at it as it lowered its head. A fatal flaw in a bull's charge, when fighting creatures that weren't simply smaller or equal to it... it was blind. That was a powerful charge, but it relied on having an opponent that couldn't simply control such momentum. She was too fast not to take advantage of it. He came upon her, and she backpedaled when he neared, her chains locking in place before his ankles, tripping him, before starting to rapidly wrap around him. Chains exploded from the rock beneath him, twining around his horns, snaring them, then dragging them to the ground. She'd meanwhile hop atop it, and with a roar, begin slashing at it with her claws, ignorant of its flames, aiming to open its throat if it couldn't manage to defend its self.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The bull went down as chains coiled around its head and legs. Once Gwyllgi on top of it, victory seemed a sure thing, until a flash of motion from behind the monster caught her in the middle of her attack. The bulls long tail swung around like a whip. and caught her in the stomach. Gwyllgi might have been strong, but she was not heavy, and the attack lifted her off the bull and sent her flying onto the floor. Their eyes met, and the burning flames made them shine like pits of obsidian. The bull began trying to pull free of the chains, and looked like it might just do so, if she didn't act fast.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
The tail caught her completely by surprise. It wasn't just big... it was strong. She was hurled bodily, caught too much by surprise to even begin to deflect it, so sure of her victory. When she hit the ground and rolled to a stop she was utterly winded, and took too long to recover. It would be several seconds before she could regain her feet, after being stunned, so. She looked the bull in the eyes, face pulled in a grimace, but couldn't even manage a growl. She didn't have any broken ribs, but she couldn't catch her breath, either. What a foolish mistake she had made!

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Chain rattled and snapped as the bull pulled free. It got to its feet and charged again, but rather than lower its head, this time the beast reared up on its hind legs and brought it's entire weight down as it tried to crush her.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Brisingr didn't often break. Of course, it repaired its self, but it was still a very rare thing. Rare enough that it surprised her, even given the tremendous bulk of this creature. It had originally been intended to restrain Fenrir, the beast that only grew stronger and stronger when its might was tested, though ultimately, it had failed to restrain him, like all other restraints until Gleipnir. This bull was damn mighty. It managed to rise before she could gain her feet, and came down upon her. She grunted, using her considerable strength to keep it from crushing her outright, caught on her back with its bulk atop her. All it had to do was scramble and thrash from such a position, however, and it'd manage to grind her to dust eventually. Sure, she could claw it a bit from beneath... but it'd win, in the end. She was in a dramatically unfavorable situation now. She had her breath back, but it looked like it was about to be crushed from her body again!

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The bull pressed down harder and harder, until a sudden blur of motion caught the creature in the eye and it reared back, bellowing in pain and surprise, its belly was open.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi found herself a reprieve as something struck the bull a sudden blow, stunning it. It reared back, giving her enough room to roll quickly backwards onto her feet, still in a crouching position, ready to leap if need be in any direction. She wasn't sure what was going on, and cast about looking for the source of the unlikely, timely aid.

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
A stone rolled along the floor, having come out of nowhere to strike the beast in the eye. It pawed at its face still temporarily blinded.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi was even more confused as a stone rolled along the floor, skipping over crevices and bumps, to strike the beast in the eye. Gwyllgi wasn't worried about the beast as much anymore, and instead cast her gaze towards the direction the stone had come from, looking for the culprit.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
There, at the end of the tunnel, beyond the flames, stood Iona, a sling in her hand and look of worry on her face.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi couldn't believe her eyes. She just crouched there, staring at Iona, before anger overtook her. "Get out of here, fool!" She didn't know what else might be in these tunnels. She growled, enraged at Iona for putting herself in such danger, before turning back to the bull. Chains were writhing around it, pinning it down, and she'd move to slash open its throat, then hack at its neckbone, to try and kill it as quickly as possible, if it didn't resist too much.

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The bull fell to the ground again, and this time had little chance to defend itself. A few quick slashes left it dead, and it's flames sputtering. "Quick, get its fire before it goes out," cried Iona," throwing the lantern that Gwyllgi had left with the rest of her belongings.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi was a creature that enjoyed the hunt, but it occurred to her then that, perhaps, she need not kill the bull. She'd have to show it and the snail proper respect afterwards. Iona threw the lantern to Gwyllgi, who had a very weary expression on her face. She shook the lantern at Iona, the chain hanging off of it rattling. "You needn't bring me such things, Iona." It was connected to Brisingr, and she'd left it apurpose, able to retrieve it at a whim. She sighed, opening the lantern over the bull's fire. "How did you even find me? You weren't stalking me this whole time, unless you are a far, far more powerful mage than you've let on. My hearing and sense of smell wouldn't have missed your presence." And such timing was... beyond impeccable. It was basically a deus ex machina.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Look, I got worried, and came back, okay," she offered, as the fire died down enough for her to make her way over."And, it's not exactly hard to track down a raging bull."

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi caught the fire and closed the lantern, then straightened atop it. She was concealed only by the black mists around her, and the chains that rattled along the length of her ebon flesh. She hopped down, and approached Iona, and stood before her. "You still see me as a human, I'm sure. And your concern is touching. But I told you to leave me. I told you this because I didn't want you to put yourself in danger. You do not. Want to see the extent of my rage. Leave, now. This is no place for a human with a sling." She'd turn away from her with an effort, putting the lantern down and heading back towards the bull. She'd sup on its flesh in so far as she could, then melt rock away and give it and the snail both proper burials, and even headstones to mark the place they fell. She'd pray to the Vanir to take the souls of their own, and safeguard them in Vanenheim, before she'd collect her things and seek to return to Stobr's.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Iona was waiting for Gwyllgi at the entrance of the mine. She followed her quietly as they made their way back to Stobr's house, almost as if she was afraid to speak to Gwyllgi. Stobr's place was looking much better when they arrived. Most of the furniture had been righted, and the general disaster had been cleaned up, though there were still books laying everywhere. "Ah, there they are," he said, happily, as he took the lantern and shell. "Well, that's two of the components. How's it coming with the other two?" he asked.
"Yeah, that might have to wait a bit. Not really in the mood right now," Iona said, curtly, as she made her way to the door.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi was silent the entire way back, though she had an extremely intense look about her. Her chains rattled, but her tail was still. Once she'd handed the objects to Stobr, she shrugged after his question about the other two. "Point me to a nearby town, will you? I'll see what I can find." Iona was already making her way out the door.

As far as Gwyllgi was concerned, she'd allowed Iona to get too close. Now, she had to cut her out, completely, or else the woman would end up getting herself killed out of some misguided notion of worry for Gwyllgi's safety. She'd rather the woman hate her and live, than get herself killed.

Thought Gwyllgi seemed composed for now, when she walked away from Stobr for a moment alone, she trembled, and her teeth clicked together rapidly in her shivering. It wasn't just anger twisting her gut, but fear. She feared for Iona's safety... and something in her told her that was a dangerous path to walk.

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Stobr gave Gwyllgi directions to a town that was a few days walk from his home, and wished her good luck. As she made her way, wrestling with her feelings as she went, a voice suddenly piped up from somewhere nearby. "Oh, dear, could it be the faithful canine is feeling spurned?" Turning to find the intruder, Gwyllgi spotted a lithe young man with delicate features, and silvery hair sitting on a nearby rock, not ten feet from her. How he had gotten there, she had no idea, but he sat there smiling a knowing smile, as if privy to some joke that only he had heard.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi listened to Stobr's directions, then was soon off, walking for the town. She wouldn't ask anymore of Iona... not while the woman was so acting so reckless. Then, she had company. If they'd snuck up on her, they were probably a God. Gwyllgi took her best as to who, narrowing her eyes at the figure. "Loki, I presume? Are you the one that cursed the poor girl?" She cracked her knuckles, watching the figure evenly, all too ready to resort to violence... she had some stress to work off. He might some incredible capabilities in illusion, if her guess was right... but she'd dealt with tricksters before, if not of his caliber.

"At any rate, you're wrong. This bitch can handle being spurned just fine. What this bitch can't handle is a bunch of wisecracking wannabe warrior whores, toying with others for their amusement. This bitch is ready to rip and tear, until it is done." She flexed her claws... eyeing his throat.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"My, someone is having a bad day." His smile fell for a moment as he hopped to his feet. "But, you guess correctly. Loki, son of Odin, at your service," he said, with a elegant bow. "As for the girl, Iona, yes I took her offering and answered her prayer. She asked to be well endowed, and I endowed her well. It's not my fault she only had two things on her mind." Seeing Gwyllgi's claws he held up a finger to her. "Ah,ah, you might want to save your energy, you and I are not the only creatures of power in these parts, little hound."

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi snorted at him. "Answered her prayer, did you? Play with monkey's paws often?" His announcement did nothing to assuage her anger. It seemed Gwyllgi laid the blame at his feet yet. "And what of your children, Loki? You serve Odin still, while Fenrir lies in the wrappings of Gleipnir? You see Brisingr about me. It failed to hold your mighty child, so the clever Aesir thought up something better. Tyr lost a hand to Fenrir, delivering that deception. What of Jormungandr? What of Hel?" She came to stand just in front of him, her flaming eyes glaring at his, wild and intense. "Have you forsaken your own children for the games of the Aesir, little God?" Whatever else might be around, it certainly did not seem to merit her attention in the moment.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Yes, the family is all wrapped up at the moment," he said, with a sigh. "But, I have faith that the ones I care about can take care of themselves... Just as you seem to." His smile was back again. "I mean, letting a young lady wander off on her own in draugr infested territory? Surely she must have impressed you greatly to warrant such confidence."

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi snorted. "She is wise enough not to take foolish risks. We walked a safe enough path, seeing no sign of danger throughout its entirety. If she sought to return home, she'd be fine. If not, she'd be with Stobr, not wandering about randomly." She waved him off, prepared to continue on her journey. "Twist your tongue in the ears of another. Siguna doubtless weeps to know of your sadistic ways."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Very well. It seems some people just have to learn the hard way." His voice faded away as he did the same, slowly disappearing, and leaving Gwyllgi alone with her thoughts.

(Sorry I didn't post for a few days. Real life drama is going down right now.)

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi didn't like how he stated it. She snorted, as he vanished. "Fucking hate Gods. I'm going to kill you all..." She cracked her knuckles, and turned around, now almost as furious at Iona as she was at Loki. "So help me, if you get yourself killed, bitch, I'll follow you to Nifelheim and kill you again."

Despite her very angry words, she ran, full tilt.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As Gwyllgi ran, a sudden crash of trees, and rush of air surprised her as she was momentarily cast in shadow. Above her, high in the air, something big flew upon vast leathery wings. The creature was some fifty feet in length, from the tip of its three snouts to the end of its whip-like tail, and sheathed in brilliant emerald scaled that sparkled in the sunlight, and in its fore claws was the limp form of Iona; the Gorynych had her.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi found a fucking dragon flying overhead as she ran, with Iona in its grasp. She paused, watching it, and sighed dismally. "Fucking. Enough with this shit. This doesn't even make sense." She shook her head, watching it wearily. "By the fucking teats of Nidhogg, this thing just 'roused my ire at the wrong time." She ran beneath the dragon, managing to keep pace despite being land bound. Her speed was incredible... but flight afforded many advantages. She'd have to wait to see where the creature would come to ground, and hope she could keep up for as long as that took.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Keeping pace with the flying monster was not a problem on solid ground. However, that quickly changed as the area around them grew wetter, and more dismal. Gwyllgi's feet began to stick in the mud, and it quickly became obvious that she was heading into a bog. To make matters worse, trees were becoming more frequent and the sky was being lost behind the canopy. Eventually, the dragon started to pass out of sight.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Gwyllgi could run on water, a feat that she'd found useful on occasion, and endlessly impressive to others. She'd even run across lava flows more than once in the volcanoes of Muspelheim.

Hilariously enough, mud posed more of a challenge. It gave, but then it was viscous, and formed suction. Even if magma was similarly viscous, the heat kept it moving and it didn't have so much suction to it. Wet plops belied her slower pace, and she roared in outrage. That drake was fucking dead, it just didn't know it yet. But for now... for now it was going to manage to escape. She desperately took to trying to leap from tree to tree to avoid the soft, wet ground, but it didn't go so smoothly, and she ended up going even slower, ultimately. Soon, she'd find herself lost in the bog, hoping she was still traveling in the right direction, without view of the sky unless she wanted to climb trees to take a look. She didn't have good invocations for tracking... She screamed, raking a tree with fiery claws, as the drake got away with its prize, eyes moist with tears of impotent rage.