Do people really want to get Ryn pregnant or are they just angry at seemingly being coerced into it???

K

Karakara

Reading through "what would you like thread", and the worries some people have about Ryns future expansion and demands for magic at play got me thinking as a writer... would there really be that much demand for it if she was not the queen?

Of course, I am aware that a lot of people play as guys and that the Ryn's futafication/genitalbending (sorry) was a constant demand in many circles. Most people prefer their girls with pussies (specifically those that identify as men). Yet they were not as vocal as they were now. Yet I also do not think it has much to do with the desire for Ryn to gain a pussy.

The sense of being given ultimatum is just not something many people are used to. And being a surrogate parent is weird/unappealing/cucklike to those that are used to idea of every kid being their. Especially in game like CoC2 where having one is presented as ultimate form of love and a cap to a relationship.

Honestly asking those that seemingly want it: would you be fine if Ryn was like every other companion (excluding Kiyoko) where the idea of kids only ever truly came up if you got them pregnant/pregnant yourself. If it was entirely optional?

K

Karakara

Why of course, I want to end it! Down with the monarchy! Useless bunch: they expect me to do all the work, yet they want to crown an useless girl. They would be better of signing me as their ruler.

But, to your point: the game does kind of incentivize that notion of "insecurity" as you like to call it. See Brienne, Arona, Kiyoko and so on and so on. A lot of women that love the champion a exclusively his to breed. The only real exception is Elthara (which is coincidentally when interest in her died).

Ryns circumstances, as they are written, are unique enough where the question is first time where their status as a top is really questioned. People generally put their needs above the interest of others. Especially if those others are NPCs.

Also, and may I be so crass as to say, I do feel that a lot of people that do not see it as a big deal are the same ones that think that Kiyoko is locked for female champions. Where they complained that they need a dick to have her. Little hypocritical.

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
Hmm...
Watch your gf get another elf pregnant or grow a pussy and get pregnant.

I either get cucked, or fucked.
Ye ye, I know, "it'll still be your kid". But is it REALLY?
Gimme a 3rd option, hell, I even came up with something quick.

Look, Ryn is a fan favorite, certainly one of mine. I just hope this is done right, not with a middle finger to one group or another.

Reactions: Kesil
K

Karakara

Well, with how vague the whole conversation is, and with both sides acting like the options presented are the only ones that are currently guranteed... So the whole conversation gets messy. It all could be cleared up with a simple statement.

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
I do feel that a lot of people that do not see it as a big deal are the same ones that think that Kiyoko is locked for female champions. Where they complained that they need a dick to have her. Little hypocritical.
Kiyoko needed a dick and sex to even be recruited, a gameplay mechanic. It was also a problem that Tui could not be recruited without sex, even though both genitals were covered in her sex content. Pregnancy content with a waifu you voluntarily fucked is different. If you can't put on your big boy pants and deal with your royal girlfriend needing to reproduce, simply do not fuck Ryn. She'll marry the druid princess and everything will be fine.

Reactions: Forget Me Knot
K

Karakara

Just fuck her once, and you can recruit her. Kiyoko will love you from that point onward.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Well, as I said, my gripe is potentially having only one option for the surrogacy since said character is not engagingly written for anyone who doesn't like rough and hard sex, and rather shallow pregnancy content besides despite being a priest of Lumia. Furthermore, I'm fine with a character I'm playing getting pregnant, but I prefer not to have every character be either female or herm, and my current main is male exclusively.

Lot of assumptions being made about content that's not in-game lmao
I mean, you've made it abundantly clear that the most traditional option (Ryn grows a vagina, gets pregnant and carries the baby) is not happening because Etheryn is already parser soup and adding a vaggie would make her a full-on pile of tangled spaghetti code. So we're left with a selection of compromises.

K

Karakars

I would like Arona as surogate personally. The game already established this poly relax between the three. Although I do worry if that would tank both of their appeals. Especially since Arona made it seem that she is only interested in Champ knocking her up.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I would like Arona as surogate personally. The game already established this poly relax between the three. Although I do worry if that would tank both of their appeals. Especially since Arona made it seem that she is only interested in Champ knocking her up.
Arona's pregnancy options specifically open with her getting a protective spell cast on her womb to protect the baby from harm, so don't worry on that front. I too would be happy to have her be the surrogate (she's had, I think, like 10-15 babies of mine in a single character) but the scuttlebutt was Champ. Preg, Elthara surrogate or bust.

K

Karakara

Oh I know that. She wanted to become pregnant because she got jealous of her fellow orcs carrying our prodigy.

Would be fun if there was a scene in future where she got jealous of us/Ryn for having children. So she comes up to us, all shy and so, asking us how does it feel. And it would either lead to us coming to conclusion that she is jealous of Ryn, or that she is jealous of us.

Sounds sweet.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
No, I want it reverse. My champion should be impregnated by Ryn.
This right here. This is all I want. This is all that should happen. This is within the current characters scope. The only addendum I would say is that she could get to impregnate other elves

K

Karakara

I think the champ getting pregnant by Ryn is basically guaranteed. Just like, make it good? The only good in my humble opinion is Arona. And maybe Brint, although I have not done his in over 2 years.

The only addendum I would say is that she could get to impregnate other elves
While the champion watches? Or us taking the role of Kiyoko and being the judge of the efforts of our substitutes?

JustSomeGuy

Mar 17, 2018
All this back and forth, and here I'm just hoping for a kids just ain't my thing option and a way to end the relationship w/out being a dick

JustSomeGuy

Mar 17, 2018
I'm guessing you just let Elthara and Ryn make the baby separately.
There lies the problem, I like El, had kids with El, don't whore El out to the rest of the party. Wish there was more family or relationship content for El, but it be how it be. With Ryn we have a bit of a conundrum, neither of us want lady bits for a kid. Cool I guess we just won't have kids.

While back saw an idea being floated on discord to get ryn a nameless mail order bride, that'd be cool too as long as the game doesn't default the pc to second dad instead of cool uncle. But that'd mean more variables for ryn so that's probably not happening. Best a guy can hope for that's not to big on the whole magic threesome angle or forcing bits ya don't want on uninterested parties or sharing waifus is breaking up, wingmanning for RynxFaceless npc, or an epilogue where Ryn has the kid off-screen.

To nip this in the bud before someone comes in and word vomits, just don't do it problem solved. To that I say game has a nasty history of springing the big pregnancies on you with a weird now or never mentality think Miko, Mai, Zo, Aileh etc. Any other time you can say fuck off and go on your way nothing changes no babies made, but seeing as the lil blueberry has to have kids. I'm guessing the choices are gonna amount to are you having my baby or El or magic 3some. To the folks that enjoy those types of things more power to ya, but to folks like yours truly, feels like your asking would you rather drink a piss shake or eat a shit sandwich. But fuck it won't know till it done, no point in crying about what might happen or what could have been. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Yeah, whether by design or oversight, the writers have manoeuvred themselves into a position where there's no solution that pleases everyone. Apart from "just don't participate", there's no way to avoid having to do something you may not want to, depending on what it is you do want.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, whether by design or oversight, the writers have manoeuvred themselves into a position where there's no solution that pleases everyone. Apart from "just don't participate", there's no way to avoid having to do something you may not want to, depending on what it is you do want.
It's less that they ran into a wall and moreso the community really does not like the option of surrogacy for some reason. (And I'm gonna try not to assume it's for shitty reasons like "it's not your blood so you're not a real parent to the kid" or whatever the fuck I've seen in that thread regarding the topic treating surrogacy as if it's some lesser option which fucking YIKES but let's assume that's NOT being implied here...)
Don't wanna get pregnant? Or can't get pregnant with your genital arrangement nor can be bothered to get a vagina for the one occasion? (Either you can't see your character doing it, like for example my Champ is a guy with just a dick and he isn't interested in getting pregnant period so is willing to compromise, or it's simply not your thing to have that happen to you) Well ya can't make Ryn pregnant and never will, so there's no other real option other than surrogacy.
The most I can think of regarding the magic baby is to just have one materialize with both your DNA, but the problem is the fandom wants pregnancy. And if they aren't willing to jump the SUPER EASY hoop to get that baby (eat a fucking modified pink egg for fucks sake, wait it out, and remove your vagina after it's done), then obviously they're gonna need another way to keep the bloodline going. Get pregnant or don't. It's very simple to understand and frankly I do not get why that is something that is caught under fire.

Otherwise, yeah, you're not getting a kid (which is also fine bc Ryn isn't dying any time soon bc characters don't really naturally age in this game) if you can't be bothered to take the step to take the options given to you. There's a lot of weird assumptions being thrown around for content that hasn't even happened yet, so all you can do is theorize potential alts that, frankly, might not happen anyways but can be done just for rp purposes. I don't even know if we're gonna be FORCED to choose to have the baby like everyone talks as if we will or if we can just not have it if we don't wanna do that content rn. But El getting pregnant from Ryn by what is likely YOUR permission anyways is not some lesser option. It's literally the most reasonable alternative there is. (Frankly I'd love if Elthara could be seen as a part of our family considering she can have the champs' kids and Brints and whatnot and is the option to carry Ryns'. But from what I've heard she doesn't have anything regarding her kids (doesn't have to be detailed) which is disappointing ngl)

K

Karakara

"it's not your blood so you're not a real parent to the kid"
I think there is some of it. There are people that will call you the c words. Or a literal c***queen if you play as a female.

Getting a surrogate is a big decision that both parties have to agree with. And a lot of them that do it have it done artificially (by the sperm donation.) I am not sure if more hands-on approach is that common these days. And how many people are actually comfortable with it. In this scenario, for the sake of the dynasty, champion seem to be forced into it.

I am interested in how it would play out. I don't think we ever had a champion/steele take care of a kid that is not biologically theirs (or take care of kids for that matter besides the dragon lady's, Kinu and Zo's.)

I would love to see if they could actually write interactions that make it clear that despite the champ not being related by blood to their kid(s), they are still theirs. If they fail that, then it really would make the champ feel like the c word.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
You can say "cuckean", "cuckoldry" and, heck, "cunt" on the forums. Not the other one, though.
But what can I say, not being one into pregnacy and always sending the waifu to someone else :p

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I dont mind taking care of a kid that's not biologically mine. However, its only if that kid was already born before me being in a relationship with the mother. With that being said, this kid debacle seems to be optional which is a good thing.

Last edited:
K

Karakara

You can say "cuckean", "cuckoldry" and, heck, "cunt" on the forums. Not the other one, though.
But what can I say, not being one into pregnacy and always sending the waifu to someone else :p
Then why is N with hard R banned?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Then why is N with hard R banned?
Bc you bring that word up on its own and hell breaks loose and then we diverge from the OG topic for 3 pages or something.

Reactions: MellowNumel

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Personally I have no issue with Elthara so Ryn having a kid with Elthara is just fine by me, but I do wonder if I'd have the same opinion if it was just some random elf lady mentioned off screen. I honestly think I would though, Ryn and maleChamp is basically couple where one is infertile and I have no issue with a surrogate. That being said since its Elthara and we do get to be involved in some fashion that does make things better, it'd feel anticlimactic if she just had a kid with a concubine offscreen.

Edit: Oh but that doesn't answer the question since that's a scenario unique to Ryn being royalty. Yeah I do think Ryn's scenario is a bit unique since she has to have a kid as royalty. But that's mostly because her being royalty implies she has to have a child so you know what you're getting into. If she were a normal companion and still wanted to have a kid with someone else I think they'd have to pull a Cait style non-monogamous disclaimer.