[Continues] Morcrux Campaign: Tale of Two Scales

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"Oh Marcon was the one who gave you and Kor'da your meals, the dwarf with a mohawk serves as the group's cook. Finnegan is a lender, he gave us use of his Oxeners to pull the Volgan Freights the King gave us to transport our precious cargo. King Volga and Kane have a solid partnership before coming to power in Scarlet Rose, I wager much of our fortunes rest with the dwarves and our future prospects." Draco answers, "Finnegan is a good man, has a way with large beasts of burden, strong like one too for a dwarf. He'll be riding in the back of Marcon's wagon smoking his favorite tobacco until we need to rest again. He has a particular method the oxeners need to be feed so we brought him along to make sure he's happy with their treatment. We're merely borrowing, we incur his father's wrath if we lose one of them."

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril got it since everyone is ready we should head of by now anyone needs to do something before we leave to new canaan city

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Seer Stone around Draco's neck lights up with a bluish glow, the same can be said for Shimbala's earring on her lobe.
Voice: "Command, we got Targets on the road"
Shimbala: "Friendly?"
Voice: "Negative. The Undead are coming over the walls!"

Everyone turns to the East Gate and see that the walls are barren of any life, not even the vigilant guards. Shimbala raised a hand to her ear to cup it tightly.

Shimbala: "Jaeger 0-1 and 0-2"
Voice #1: "Ma'am"
Voice #2: "We read you"
Shimbala: "Get the refugees onto the wagons on the double! Juggernaut 0-1 and 0-2, do not break formation, clear the road with sidearms only!"
Voice #3: "Roger, Command"
Voice #4: "Copy"
Shimbala to Draco: "We better move, boss"
Draco to Tar'lak and Jibril: "Tar'lak you stay with the refugees in the back, guard the barrels. They are more important than the cooking equipment. Jibril you are staying with the supplies here, make sure to call out any Undead and warn us if the wagons stray too far behind."
Jibril: "Got it"
Draco holds up his Seer Stone: "All units, this is Draco. Get the caravan moving, Undead are incoming! Protect the civilians!"
Collectively heard all over the caravan road in scattering responses: "Sir!"

The Bay Horses and Oxeners were whipped and the caravana begins to move at a crawl until picking up the pace. The caravan train moves at 15 MPH up the Silk Road with the trees brushing up against the tents and break when the Volgan Freight moved on through with their sheer height and weight bending and breaking everything it plows over. Jibril hops onto the munitions cache and gets out her gun Shimbala gave her and looks around carefully for any strange movements. Tar'lak sits on the edge of the last Volgan wagon with Kor'da sitting just beside him with Sim'one and Kak'lin sitting on the ground of the flatbed. As they move, the wagons pick up the pace, Jibril and Tar'lak watched the sides of the roads as the black armored Canaanites guard the road vigilantly with their pistols drawn and sword at the ready. When the wagons moved ahead of them, they begin to run behind the wagons and catch up to the next rendezvous point. There were gunshots!

Up the road, there was a swarm of Undead shuffling towards Juggernaut pairing. The two squad mates use their pistol to make their headshots and capping the Undead in the knees to stop them from approaching. The other members from the past checkpoints rushed forward and cleared up the side of the road facing the walls of Heifong, the Undead poured over the walls and then something spurs them to move more quickly. Shimbala rose to the back of one wagon and mounts the seating with her foot for stabilization as she slings her rifle into her hands, flips the Safety off and sprays down the swarm coming for the caravan.

Shimbala to her Seer Stone: "Jaeger 0-1 and 0-2 flank right of the train! Juggernauts 1 and 2 fall back to the caravan and grab your rifles!"

Shimbala watches her units move into position and they fire their pistols and emptying their clips quickly as the bodies drop to the ground. Juggernaut unit rushed Jibril's wagon and she hops into the passenger side with the driver as the Juggernaut break open the crates to retrieve their rifles and dug their banana clips into AK-74's with iron sights. Clicking the firing bolt back and hearing the sweet sound of the chamber loading, Juggernauts 1 and 2 break from the wagon and Jibril slides back down to the wagon as she watches the Undead running towards them not quiet a jog but fast enough to be concerned.

Tar'lak drops out of the wagon as he sees the Undead approach the wagons from behind as they were passing the side of the road. Fighting alongside the soldiers of Juggernaut, he takes his spear and keeps the Undead at bay by providing them with close quarters reach and defending their position while the wagons break their line of sight. Tar'lak follows Juggernaut when the swarm is thinned down a bit and regroups with Jaeger as they push back the runners picking up speed for the wagons further up the road. The side of Jibril's wagon gets a few Undead runners with exposed tendons and muscle and bloodshot eyes staring her down.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril take's out her G19 pistol and aim carefully at the corpses once she got them in her sight she will unload on them if her gun run out of ammo she would dual wield her sword and attack any undead or enemies that get close to the caravan

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Six enemies stare down Jibril but they don't make a move on the wagon. They slow down as she shoots and kills six of them and sporadic timing in between shots and accuracy with the weapon is spotty at best since it is a new weapon she's unfamiliar with and a hair sensitive trigger makes her shoot twice as much and twice as often than she wants to. Once six of the Undead fallen, there were no more on the right side of the wagon. But what was with the one runner that was looking right at her doing? Why didn't they attack her wagon?

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril is suspicious of this attack. She doesn't see any on her left side and scans the right side of the caravan train to see the Undead sprinting to the Volgan Freights instead of the wagons at the front. Jibril hops from her wagon onto the fourth wagon and startles the passenger and driver that she lands behind. She tells the driver to slow down, they quickly stall the Bays to bring the first Freight towards her, Jibril springs off the fourth wagon and lands on the back of the first two Oxeners that mooed and groaned when she lands on them. Hopping in the passenger seat of a dwarf driver, the dwarf looked at her: "The hells goin' on up there!" Jibril quickly answers: "Undead are going for the freights. What ever you do, don't stop for anything!" The dwarf nods assuringly and he spurs the Oxeners to keep pace. Jibril reach up to a port hole and peeks through, the refugees are huddling together when they heard gunfire and the sounds of scream wails of the Undead swarming around them. Jibril reaches up to grab her footing and digs her finger into the wooden frame of the top and pulls herself up on the canopy and crawls along her belly to get a bird's eye view.

There's a large horde chasing the caravan train! The East Gate must have broke open, there's so many of them!!

Wait a minute ... you don't suppose they're after the Maru Relic?

Suddenly it occurred to her ... Kak'lin!

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril warns the other of what she saw when she ran as quickly as she can to reach kak'lin to check if he and her family is ok

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril yells out: "Undead on our asses!! They're attacking the Freights!!"

Hoping someone was passing along the message, Jibril crawls her way to the back of the freight wagon she's on and rolls off the edge and catches herself on the edge of the flatbed, almost falling onto the road at 40 MPH, someone catches her hand and pulls her forward. She falling into the arms of one for the refugees, wait: Jimmy?!

Jimmy: "Well well, hey there Jibril!"
Jibril: "Jimmy?! What are you doing here?"
Jimmy: "Fleeing for our lives from the looks of it"

Jimmy points in at the direction of the horde sprinting and reaching for the driver and passenger. Jibril turns to Jimmy, she also sees a few Corsairs and Red Fangs among the refugees. There was even Karlya and Karin!

Last edited:

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril run over to karyla and hugs her she ask her if she and jimmy would help us defend against this undead horde she also need to see her family

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karlya and Karin see Jibril, but they're wearing tattered rags and deck rat trousers between them. Jimmy noticed the Undead are coming for them, one grabs the flatbed and tries to climb up, he kicks it in the head and it falls into the stampeding Oxener that crush them under their feet. Gruesome crunching of bones and meat splattering on the ground makes Jimmy wince: "Nasty" he turns back to Jibril wrapping her arms around Karlya thankful she's okay. Karlya is at a loss for words when the scalie hugger grabs her, her daughter looks at Jibril and snickers at her mom. Jibril's tail wags but it was brief. "The feckin' hells goin' on 'round here?! Can i please go a single day without someone trying to jump me bones!"

Jibril: "Karlya, i need your help"
Karlya: "The bloody hell i should! Do you see those feckin' things chasing us?! Look at 'em! Like a Hussar in heat chasing a dry bone!"
Jibril: "I need to get to the back of that wagon"

Jibril points to the one behind her. Karlya shakes her head and swings her arms at a crossing and spreads them, refusing Jibril's request.

Karlya: "Are you daffy? The hell are gonna do against an army of them!"
Jibril: "Use your magic!"
Karlya: "And what? Illusions and wards are somethings i can do, mate, i ain't a conjurer or evoker!"
Jimmy: "You got a plan to get on board of that wagon?"
Jibril: "I could try jumpping, that's how i got here"
Jimmy: "Then what? What if you miss?"
Karlya: "I say we don't fuck with this and stay down and out of sight. Let these buggers give 'em what for"
Jibril: "We're moving too fast for the other to get back here to clear up the horde. We need to stall the horde or throw them off our trial somehow"
Jimmy: "Any ideas on how to do that?"
Karlya: "As long as i don't get involved, you two figure out the plan"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril can you make an illusion of the orb from dunwitch am sure there trying to get that once you create it i could try to get there attention once they got there eye's on me i'll chuck the fake orb as far i can maybe they'll go after it

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jimmy and Karlya looked at each other and think about the plan.
Jimmy: "Oh yeah? What for?"
Karlya: "You want a fake, i can make one but without whatever they're drawn too, it might not work"
Jibril: "We have to try"
Karlya: "Fine"

Karlya sits of the flatbed and motions her hands together in a prayer then a glowing of her hands appear. She stretches, clutching her hands two end points forming a line of Mana that circles, her eye's glow yellow as she manipulates the shape of the line with her fingers to make two particles dance in the air making the line of magic thicker and thicker until it was big enough for her to shape the object with her hands like clay. Karlya presses the object together and forms a ball then expands it. Her eye shifts from yellow to orange as she adds texture to the round sphere until it shine brightly and the object becomes solid and infused with magic. Forming a perfect sphere of crystal, she dispels the spellweave and she sets the orb on the ground with a sound of what it looks like: a bowling ball that's as light as it looks. Karlya hands the orb to Jibril who takes it. Karlya crosses her arms and stares at her cautiously.

Karlya: "If you get to your family and throw the horde off, we're even"
Jimmy: "Good luck, Jibril"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril thanks karlya one last time and hugged her she also get in a little bit of a teased whispering in her ear that my husband finds you attractive she then heads of to try to reach the last wagon where her family is

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"Again! What is your obsession with me and him!!" Karlya yells at Jibril, shoving her off with force.

Jibril falls into Jimmy and the two roll off the back of the wagon. Jimmy catches the flatbed while Jibril gets dragged on the ground with Jimmy holding onto her leg. The orb rolls and falls to the ground and drops beside Jibril quickly rolling towards the Oxeners a few inches behind her. Jibril reaches out and snatches the orb and coils her arm around it.

Jibril scream for Jimmy: "Get me up! Get me up!!"
Jimmy swings his leg up and clings to Jibril's leg: "I'm trying!"
Karlya and Karin slide across the flatbed and grabbed Jimmy and pulled him in and Jibril is reeled in with the three of them hoisting her up.Jibril rolls onto her back with the orb in her arms, heart is racing like crazy with how damn close she was to death!
Karlya: "Sorry! I didn't mean to!"
Karin to her mom: "Jeez mom, you almost killed her!"
Jimmy: "The hell is with you two?! You almost got ME killed"
Karlya: "I said i was bloody sorry, ya twat!"
Jibril: "Forget it! I gotta get to the wagon!"

Jibril rolls to her knee and goes all the way to the back of the wagon she's on and braces herself as she makes a running start for the end. Sprint forward, Jibril leaps but she doesn't go ten feet, she springs to an impressive twenty feet in the air and crashes into the corner of the last wagon at the top of the wooden frame. The orb falls from Jibril's arms and it falls into the lap of the passenger, who was kicking the Undead off him. As one grabs their leg, they dragged down to the horde and leaves the seating,l just as the orb gets dragged into the horde, Jibril swings her prehensile tail and grabs it just in time!

The Undead notice the power of the orb and they all stretched out their hands for it as it glow brilliantly. This fake is getting them even more restless as the runner start sprinting fast enough to jump and catch the sides of the freight and converge on Jibril's location of the wagon.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril take out one her sword and use it to cut down any undead that tries to aim at her while carefully jumping one wagon to the next once she get the big hoard attention she gonna throw this fake relic as hard as she can so the damn undead would stop chasing them

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril clings to the top of the Volgan Freight as the runners are climbing the sides. Jibril grips the orb tightly with her tail and reels it in, keeping an eye on it. Her heat sensing puts detect ten Undead coming around her, flicking her tongue out and tasting the air, there's even more approaching the wagon. But she also smells something else ... an ashy smell that smells of pepper or rotten eggs (gunpowder). She looks being her and the Canaanites are splitting off the wagons and allowing the units to board them.

Once the Freights leave the forest into a large clearing, the wagons circle around and stopped. Kalisa and her 2nd: Andrews are held up by their squad and they removed the blankets on the wagons. Raising their very large weapons up on a tripod, they're preparing for an assault!

Thank the gods they heard Jibril's warning!

But she's still surrounded and the driver is yanked out of his seat and feasted upon by the horde. The Oxeners of her wagon are stampeding hard towards the road and veering off course, slightly. Jibril grabs her short sword preparing for the Undead crawling up the sides. Her scimitar is too unwieldy for her to use effectively for this short of a distance. With the trees hindering her movements, she will have to resort to sweeping her sword to cut the attackers and kick them off when they approach.

Jibril sweeps and kicks her way, knocking the Undead off the wagon and crawling her way towards the back. She notices that someone is driving the wagon because it steers straight. Whoever it is, they might have bought her some time!

Jibril flips over the edge and reels her tail down and dangles when she sees the horde giving chase. She hears: "Move!!"

Jibril swings her body up and flips to her knees whipping her tail up and catching the orb in her arms. The back of the wagon spews fire magic and torching the the Undead following the wagon. When bottles of alcohol fly out, Jibril climbs the side of the wagon and sweeps her legs into the wagon. Landing inside, she sees Red-Eye and Tar'lak as well as a few of the Juggernauts with them.

"You!" Red-Eye exclaims, "You gave me a heart attack! Nearly set you on fire, lady!"
Tar'lak: "Jibril!"
Jibril: "I have a way to get them away from the wagons!"

Red-Eye lights the bottles of soaked rags with a flame spell: Igni then tosses that at the horde. Tar'lak uses his spear to shiv the undead off as they approach.

"We're all ears!" Red-Eye yells, "I'm running out of bottles of booze and low on Mana!"
"What's the plan?" Tar'lak shouts.
"Red-Eye, can you get me towards that wagon?"

Jibril points to the last wagon which is yards away from where she and her wagon are with a large horde dashing while being set ablazed. Red-Eye got a glow in his eye and a crooked smile.

"One Chariot, coming right up!" Red-Eye moves Tar'lak and Jibril.

Red-Eye spits into his hands then says: "From dirt to rock to earthy slab, take flight and slide!" He summons a large slab of stone from the earth beneath the wagon that rocks the wagon hard like speed bumps. Once the slab of stone appears, Red-Eye pushes Jibril onto the slab at just the right moment to ride it into the horde. Red-Eye controls the stone slab using a clenched fist that holds Jibril's feet and the other hand motioning the controls of the slave turning. He controls the slab remotely with Jibril riding it like a surf board and crushing the burning Undead that slam into the five foot tall obstacle.

Red-Eye turns the slab close to the wagon and slamming his fist into the palm of his hand, he launches Jibril into the side with a column of rocks building up Jibril lands on the top of the last wagon and sees Red-Eye passing out on the flatbed with Tar'lak working with the refugees using sticks and clubs to batter the Undead.

Jibril is on the last wagon. They're in the clearing. Jibril stood erect above the wagon with the fake orb. She saw the horde in the thousands sprawling out from the forest and the main roads, all converging on her. With all her might: she throws the orb into the horde.

Everyone watches from their wagons as the horde dogpile the orb. There was telling: "Open Fire!!!"

The backs of the wagons ready for the ambush opened a salvo of bullets peppering the pike of Undead and leading the sides towards the center column and thinning out the herd. The three freight wagons bull rushed the blockade and then they stalled to a halt.

Everyone watches from inside their respective wagons as the Juggernauts and Jaeger's mow down the horde in a bullet storm. Everyone watches the undead pike up and still keep coming for a solid thirty minutes.

The caravan train regrouped and the soldiers checked up on the dead, moping up and doing a head count using a roster that everyone signed. Things are calm ... for now.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril rushes down off the wagon as the Jaegers hustle pass her with their rifles and Shimbala leads the group waving over the rest of the others to follow her. She stops next to Jibril to check up on her and her family. Sim'one and Kak'lin leap out at her with their arms reaching out at her. Jibril catches the two boys as they bring her down to the ground, crying. Kor'da hops out and picks up the three members of his family with a big hug.

Sim'one and Kak'lin keep repeating: Mom! Mommy!!
Kor'da: "Thank the spirits you're all right!

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril with a sigh of relief am happy your all safe and sound when i saw all these undead i was worry something might of happen to you or the kids but seeing you all of you that your still alive make's me happy

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Shimbala: "Fuck, they worked us over pretty good. Where the hell did they all come from?"

Jimmy hops off the front of the driver seat from the second wagon and Karlya and Karin approached. Red-Eye is dragged by Tar'lak who wobbles, drained of his Mana as they come from the third wagon.

Jimmy: "No need to thank me! Just doing what any one would"
Karlya, scoffs: "Nobody was thanking you. Nearly got us killed with your driving!"
Jimmy: "You ungrateful ... Know what, if I didn't steer the wagon, we'd be turned over and food for the undead!"
Karin, groaning: "Can we just get along? We nearly died."

Red-Eye speaks in slurs: "Whys everyone shouting. We be goners ... so tired"
Tar'lak grunts disapprovingly: "You people should be more grateful for the Canaanites doing the work, and Jibril"

Everyone looks to Jibril being smothered by her crying sons, their tails wagging side to side. Karin pouts at her mom.

Karin: "If only you were a bit nicer ..."
Karlya looks to her daughter confused by the pouting: "What is with you all of a sudden!?"

Karlya throws up her hands: "Am I the only sane one here?"

Jimmy walks up to Red-Eye: "You okay, man?"
Red-Eye groggily: "If susmone could gets mys Red Sand ... I be right as rain"
Tar'lak throws Red-Eye onto Jimmy, who catches him like a ragdoll.
Tar'lak: "I'll be back. Look after him"
Jimmy holds out his hand: "Hey! Wait a minute!"

Karlya looks to Jimmy and chuckled: "Looks like ya got left holdin' the bag again, Jimbo"
Jimmy quips back: "At least mine was full"
Karlya's blood vessels throbs in anger but throws her arms up and crosses them.
Karin walks on over to Kak'lin and Sim'one.

Karin: "You guys all right?"
Kak'lin looks up and sees Karin reaching down to help him up. Jibril noticed him blushing and he wipes his face, accepting her hand, helping him up on his feet.
Kak'lin: "Y-yeah ... are you and your mom okay?"
Karin holds her elbows looking back at her stubborn mom: "Yeah, she'll be like this when she's upset. We're leaving our home because of this so she's not use to it not going according her plan."
Kak'lin: "They don't seem to like each other"
Karin: "No, she's just always like that. Thinks kindness is weakness"
Kak'lin: "Oh"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril don't worry about your mom she just need to be around some good friends she then picks up kak'lin as she hasn't has enough cuddling with him yet if you want karin you can join in on this cuddle with me and kak'lin

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karin blushes, roses in her light brown cheeks.
She plays with her hands before saying: "I- I just wanted say thank you for saving me and mom. I never had a chance to. And I, uh, should probably thank you again for getting rid of the zombies"

Karin bows her head to Jibril: "I better go calm my mom down before she hurts someone ... again."

Karin turns and leaves. Tar'lak comes back with a spice pouch and opens up the top to reveal a large powdery substance that's glistening with red particles in fine grains of sandy material. He hands Red-Eye the pouch: "Get yourself together, human"

Red-Eye snatches the pouch and sticks his nose into it and inhales deeply. Yanking his nose out, Red Sand coating his nostrils. Red-Eye springs out of Jimmy's arms and on his knees with his arms up in triumph. His eyes are the size of dinner plates after inhaling the powder.

Red-Eye screams: "WHOOOOO!!!! My mouth is having a par-tay!!"

Red-Eye folds over and vomits all over the ground, causing everyone looking in his direction to recoils and look away. Ew!

Karlya: "Yeah, and everyone's vomiting inside of it! What the hell did you eat?!"
Jimmy laughs waving his hand at Red-Eye: "This guy's an animal! He's been drinking nothing but booze and huffing sand all night!"

Red-Eye throws up a hand to receive a high-five. Jimmy slaps the hand hard giving Red-Eye his high five.

Red-Eye: "Party like the King of the Rift, my man. Ugh, God, it's in my nose!"
Jimmy: "I got a flask on me"
Red-Eye reaches out waving the flask over to him: "Gimme!"
Jimmy tosses him the flask, Red-Eye drinks it down and tosses it back empty.
Red-Eye: "Thanks *belching* I needed that"
Jimmy: "No problem, buddy. You gotta show me how you pulled that trick of yours off"
Red-Eye shakes his head: "Takes practice, man"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril alright that's enough cuddling for now am gonna go find shimbala and ask her for some ammo for the G19 you three should head back into the wagon for now once everyone is ready we're gonna continue moving out

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
With the undead dealt with for now Tar'Lak continued to prowl around the wagons making sure the undead stayed dead with a stab of his spear. When he saw Red Eye throw up on the ground Tar'Lak just shook his head and continued to move around pillaging and stabbing the fallen undead for all their worth.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
[Group]
"Okay! Everyone get back to the wagons, we're moving out!!" Draco yells, he goes to each of the large piles of undead and set fire to them with a blaze of his napalm breath scorching the piles of rotten flesh until flesh pops like bacon in the hot sun. Shimbala is approached by Jibril

"I'm out of whatever these things are" Jibril informs Shimbala. Shimbala snatches the G19 and looks into the chamber and ejects the clip to find that Jibril had indeed ran out.
"Well, didn't know what i was expecting" Shimbala says, pulling out another clip and reloading it, hands it back to Jibril.
"Thank you" Jibril states, "It saved me from a few scraps"
"I bet you wish you had something more bigger" Shimbala states, "Sorry i can't lend you my rifle. I'm probably going to catch hell for this anyway but we're risking al ot of cargo and that damn relic isn't helping matters so to hell with Kane's rules. I rather be strapped and armed to the teeth than go under prepared"

Shimbala gestures the horde burning in the clearing before them.

Shimbala: "As you can already see, that shit right there is why we run heavy on caravan runs. If we didn't have these guns, the refugees and the whole damn caravan would be tits up on the side of the road infested with undead. Wish we had these decades ago, would have saved us the trouble."

Jibril and Shimbala see Tar'lak stabbing the undead lurking about, he finds a few stragglers that survived the onslaught of the ambush. Tar'lak stomps on the crawlers and ran his spear head into the bloated corpse eating its way out of the dog pile with meat dribbling from the elf's mouth. Tar'lak sees silver and gold coins through the smoke, dropping his satchel on the ground he starts pocketing the valuables and stealing the good stuff these bastards no longer have any reason of having. Waste not, what not. Pocketing around 47 Silver and 8 Gold coins, Tar'lak pulls back away from the undead as the roaring fires from Draco burning the dead travels around and submerges the pile he's working on. Doubling back to the wagons, Tar'lak and Jibril take the last wagon and they get some volunteers to replace the navigators and drivers the group lost.

Because of this sudden change in events, the caravan is less prepared for the trip back to New Canaan. Short the professional drivers and expert navigators the caravan would often veer off course or the caravan would stall because of how the drivers treated the Oxeners. Pissing off Oxeners, the beasts would just stop on the trial and lay on the ground until Finnegan comes to coax the Oxeners to move again. Navigators can't make heads of tails of a map, some have never read on much less know where it is they're actually going which caused the drivers to bicker with the navigator: inflaming tempers that bothered the refugees losing their minds listening to them and stirring up the whole caravan in a flurry of rants and ravings.

Five Hours Later

The sun is going down, the caravan stops at the 25% mark of their journey, with so much land between them and the city-state, there's a rumor going around that the refugees are thinking about leaving after seeing the result of the Undead Horde chasing them down, some actually do leave and without bring it up with the higher ups, the roster got shorter and shorter as time goes on. Eventually the caravan stops and the group sets up camp in the middle of Rehe Providence, a quaint little area with fields of rice and corn on either side with a village up ahead within distance to the camps. Draco warned the group to be on alert while they keep a vast distance between them and the villagers - there's no telling what sort of problems they will pose for them. Pitching their tents, setting up the bedrolls and cracking out the drinks and tankards filled to the brim with mead and ales the group celebrate the quick victory and praising the military for kicking so much needed ass today!

Jibril and Tar'lak sat around a big bonfire with Shimbala and Kalisa chatting with each other, Andrew helps fill tankards as the group's "barmaid" as some of the Jaegers like to mock at him for, Draco coordinates with the Juggernauts in setting up a perimeter for patrols and he gets with the corporals to check the supplies for losses which there surely was: much of the food they had and the silks they carried were gone! Damn refugees must have took them and left. Draco waved the problem off, not worth the trouble going after the refugees when they have bigger problems to deal. Namely, they're extremely low on ammunition as in less than a few clips between the two squads and a case of minigun ammo which is twenty rounds at best. Even if they had the numbers and the speed to outrun the next big problem, they wouldn't be able to hold them at bay and resort to using melee weapons. Thankfully, Kane had prepared the military for this eventuality and trained them to use different weapons, according to Draco, and more fortunate that these soldiers were once mercenaries before New Canaan was founded adding years of experience to this endeavor.

But now is not the time to worry about such a thing, everyone is grateful to the Canaanites for saving their lives and the refugees shared in this belief by praying and giving away precious little they had to them. Everyone celebrates like it was the last day on earth for them to uplift the sad woes and traumas they endured,but how long that will last - no one knows.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Jibril does one last perimeter check around the camp to make sure there isn't any threat or thieve's coming too us

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril climbs to her feet, the libations are picking up as the Dwarves start to break into song and dance with their brethren, she's cautious as always to get her bearings and goes with Finnegan to check the perimeter and circle around to Oxeners. Finnegan, or Finny, as he prefers to be called is a stoutly Dwarf with a purple and red tunic and a heavy leather coat to go over it with breeches that hug his heavy frame made from wolf pelts and other patchwork leather with the shoddy craftsmanship showing in the threading of the fabric that they didn't have very good seamstresses or he does the work himself. Finnegan and Jibril get to talking as they joined in on the singalong and learning the song of Diggy Hole which is a very classic tune about the pride of the Dwarves and how they love their mountainous home. As the Dark Elves joined in with their Dwarven friends, they sing loudly as the drunkenness aura seeps into the air the longer they drink. Tar'lak, not taking to the hymm, gets up and follows Jibril and Finny on their patrol to keep them safe and to get as far away from the merrymaking as possible while thinking about his nightmarish dream of premonitions that seem to unfold before him. Things that alarm him still is the fact that Judora's magically scarring seals have actually proved to be useful today when Red-Eye cast a Hollow Ground spell that he amplified from a simple small ward to a powerfully large one. It seems Tar'lak's journey with these Canaanites has proven to be a challenging endeavor and the longer he's with them the more troubling he thinks about his tribe. His concern shows as he walked with Finny and Jibril.