Companion Combat

CabalShadowBiscuit

Aug 31, 2015
I been thinking, since we already have kind of a follower combat mechanic (Anno on Nova, Saendra on Deck 92), is it possible to have a companion follow you on your adventures and help you in battle? Maybe they can have specialties, Anno can be a weapon expert, she buffs your weapon attack when in combat with you, Saendra can be more of a technician, give your shield a boost. things like that. Not to mention, it opens way to possible 3 ways during Steele's sexual escapades.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
AFAIK it's not planned and will not be a thing. Companions are once-off for specific encounters.

If you want proper party members, play Silence or FoE.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
This is a core mechanic in the TiTS spinoff "The Silence" but I don't think there are any future plans to integrate it into the main TiTS game at all. There will only be incidents of aid during unique combat encounters, such as in Penny's Zil fight, Anno's Deck 13 mission, Saendra's rescue mission, and Dane partnering up during Taivra's fight.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Afaik Fen want TiTS been solo adventure thus almost 0% chance for system like that from Silence to show in main game (even if I think Gedan or Savin may want see it in few special cases).

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
The closest you'll get to party combat is things like goo armor or tamwolf type things.

I would like to see living armor with special skills, offensive or defensive, for the pc to use. Such a weaponized suit would still function as equipment despite being a parasite and/or npc.

Also tamwolf like accessories can be very useful

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
I would like to see living armor with special skills, offensive or defensive, for the pc to use. Such a weaponized suit would still function as equipment despite being a parasite and/or npc.

Also tamwolf like accessories can be very useful

A parasite that takes up an equipment slot? I dont know if I like it or not but I cant help but find that interesting.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Specifically, this is probably why it won't be a thing.

Not really? Let's say I have some experience that points to that being a thing that's easy to deal with... if you account for it when you start making the game. Waaaayyyy too late now. 

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
Having companions for combat would mean enemies would have to be way stronger to compensate (Enemies need to be buffed now anyway, they're  really weak as it is now). That would pretty much screw over those who prefer to do things solo.

CabalShadowBiscuit

Aug 31, 2015
The enemies feels about as strong as the ones in CoCs. Maybe a little weaker but I like being able to one shot lower level enemies. Makes you feel accomplished to be able to easily take out foes you had trouble with in the beginning.