CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
Can someone explain some things for me?

1. How do I get 9 tails as a Kitsune? I'm stuck at 7, throwing money at the fox god every chance I get :/
2. Will soul attacks ever be viable? (Comet does the same damage as many birds for twice the cost)
3. Someone mentioned a Kitsune companion? Where do I find them?

The lack of proper documentation kinda makes this mod feel like a harder version of revamp with some added stuff, and I have no idea how to access almost anything :/

Nyseron

Sep 28, 2016
Can someone explain some things for me?

1. How do I get 9 tails as a Kitsune? I'm stuck at 7, throwing money at the fox god every chance I get :/
2. Will soul attacks ever be viable? (Comet does the same damage as many birds for twice the cost)
3. Someone mentioned a Kitsune companion? Where do I find them?

The lack of proper documentation kinda makes this mod feel like a harder version of revamp with some added stuff, and I have no idea how to access almost anything :/
You need to be a Nine-Tails to get the Kitsune companion.

The amount of tails you can grow is affected by your level.
I think you need to be level 50 to grow all nine.

Reactions: Vaalintine

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
You need to be a Nine-Tails to get the Kitsune companion.

The amount of tails you can grow is affected by your level.
I think you need to be level 50 to grow all nine.
Welp. That is going to be a lot of ice giants. I'm sitting at level 44 and still grinding. What about soul attacks? Will they ever be more useful than foxfire or just my magic bolt?

Nyseron

Sep 28, 2016
Welp. That is going to be a lot of ice giants. I'm sitting at level 44 and still grinding. What about soul attacks? Will they ever be more useful than foxfire or just my magic bolt?

I couldn't tell you about Soul attacks but I can tell you that you're grinding wrong. The Ice Giant isn't the best source of EXP.
What you want is the Arena in He'Xin'Dao.

The more powerful a Golem is and the greater number you fight them in the more EXP you get.

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
I couldn't tell you about Soul attacks but I can tell you that you're grinding wrong. The Ice Giant isn't the best source of EXP.
What you want is the Arena in He'Xin'Dao.

The more powerful a Golem is and the greater number you fight them in the more EXP you get.
Ah. I see. yeah, advanced golem groups give me 3k xp, and they go down in 2 firestorms. Thanks for that.

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
Speaking of which, where do you find Grey Tomes?
I tend to find them fighting stuff in the glacial area. I wanna say valkyries drop them. I also have had sand witches drop them occasionally, albeit not as frequently. Dominika/The Tower might also teach you grey magic, maybe?

Gplikespie

Aug 28, 2015
Can someone point me towards a list of Xianxia-Only NPCs, Locations, and the like? I cannot seem to find a FAQ or anything for it.
I also am curious how you raise Evangeline's affection, and what you get at high affection.

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
How do I get the upgraded Fox Fire? The one where you mix Pure and Corrupt Fox Fire using the kitsune thyroid perk. I tried going through and becoming not a regular kitsune, I've tried removing the associated perks, I've tried adding both perks, and still no results :/

Edit: Adding both versions of the Ninetails and Kitsune perk through coced worked, but I'm having trouble doing it without cheating.

Edit 2: I specifically have to get both the seven-tail perks at once to get the fused flame. The problem is, if you have one seven-tail perk, you seem to be locked out of getting the other one :/

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Fused Fox Fire require PC have both paths perks (that can be done with perming two perks form one path and then getting two others in next game play). YEs that mean without cheating fused fox fire can be gained in NG+ or higher NG tiers.

For 8th tail it's lvl 42 and for 9th it's 51 lvl. Also in both cases PC Intelligence need to be high enough (well last 9th tail req. around 160 or 180 int). And to get 8th tail PC need use the same way like for tails 1-6. Only 7th and 9th tail are gained in different way due to both been connected to gaining kitsune perks (so for those two tails or meditation in shrine or using mystic jewel). Also after PC picked at 6th tail which path want to follow without loosing all tails it's impossinle to get other path perks. Ofc with ascension and using asc perk points to perm those attained during playing kitsune perks can let PC get both path perks (4 in total).

To meet Kitsune npc (she's named Ayane) PC need to be kitsune with at least 2 tails while exploring deepwoods. She would be found during exploration of shrine foundable in deep woods. Also to trigger pure or corrupted path of her recruitment to camp PC need to be 9 tailed kitsune (so yes that mean been lvl 51).

Been Chimera mean PC body is mix of differentraces body parts and negative HP regen is...result of this werid composition of body acting as the price for mixing different races special intermal mutations (only those mutations in form of bought special type of perks will triggenr negative HP regen effect that can be countered by or having enough high normal positive regen from perks like Regeneration or using Chimera perks to neutralize partialy/fuly effects of those internal mutations).

Grey magic is only learnt form Grey Books that drops from Valkyrie. No other way to lern those spells nor get book dropped by other enemy than Valkyrie.

On souls kills COmet and Many Birds still need to be balanced in effects but Comet is AoE soulskill so that is sort of the reason that despite much different costs their deal similar dmg "to single type enemies". Trying them out on golems on arena will alow to see that on single golems and group of golems dmg from comet is diffrent while many birds will in both cases giving the same dmg output.

@Gplikespie There isn't Xianixa wiki so far made - I not have...well much time to make one so constnatly I looking for someone that may have enough time and well motivation to be admin of xianxia wiki.

@Lunaraia MIndflyer may be implemented in around 2-3 months form now. FOr now I finaly started work on adding Gargoyle TF to the game (it's quite huge thing compared to other TF's in the game - it invlovle adding new location with 1/2 gargoyle npc's and dungeon that will still be findable by PC that nto ant to became gargoyle but will in such case give less benefits of finishing it). So when I do this larger addition I think will turn my gaze to work on mindflyers.

Reactions: Agrok and Liadri

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
About Soul Skills Chi Chi of the four wind the martial artist will in the future teach a whole new set of martial art themed skill for soul cultivators so stay tuned. Magic is also getting a large revamp in the future.

Foxfire was suposed to be the first skill to combine soul force and fatigue ressource but the code never was truly completed so for now it sits as a pure magical skill.

Reactions: Ormael

Zakanard96

Mar 16, 2016
Is the ''Redemption'' ending for Lethice bugged? I have the Statue's Lethicite, but the option of purifying her doesn't show up :S

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ahh yeah Redemption ending. Truth to be siad I thing will go on huge bug hunt too beofre 0.8c come out to try get rid of some annoying bugs. So far yesterday with one of dicord members found glitch in pure human race bonuses to stats. In short... as long PC not had human cock the bonuses would go away so that emant game was trating pure female human PC as not human.

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
I noticed I don't need the Kitsune Thyroid Gland to access Fused Fox Fire. I feel like that's probably a bug, and one that you might already be aware of, but posting about it anyway.

Also, does Ayane have a corrupt path? Or can I only get her as a pure Kitsune?

Callac

Nov 28, 2016
Hi, something about dragon morphing. In revamp, there are dragon eyes and the arms become dragon arms with claws.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
I noticed I don't need the Kitsune Thyroid Gland to access Fused Fox Fire. I feel like that's probably a bug, and one that you might already be aware of, but posting about it anyway.

Also, does Ayane have a corrupt path? Or can I only get her as a pure Kitsune?

Ayane can be forced into servitude if you have corrupted ninetail and a very high corruption score.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Callac That is due to fact that it was added to Revamp after I branched Xianxia from it ages ago. But would still in this year add it as Kitteh nor Stadler was against me porting this addition to Xianxia (samewise some of Xianxia additions would be added to Revamp).

On progress I added two new large weapons that could help fight with fire/ice enemies and would be continue working on adding few other items all from Zavos gdoc. And would look into kitsune stuff in general to fix stuff or make some parts more clear to progress.

Reactions: Agrok

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Pregomaniac (Passive perk)
Pregnancy increase your damage resistance by 10% furthermore, while pregnant, sex as an alraune restore health.

This is Alraune perk xD

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
More items from Zavos godc bag of new items added. THis time two new robes for PC that want be sexy and magical at once ^^

And I not have idea what will do today. Cuz I heard some of npc added in mod sucks so maybe I will try make them great again today (at least start on this).

Serathinian

Sep 19, 2015
More items from Zavos godc bag of new items added. THis time two new robes for PC that want be sexy and magical at once ^^

And I not have idea what will do today. Cuz I heard some of npc added in mod sucks so maybe I will try make them great again today (at least start on this).

I feel like I'm being annoying by bringing this up so much but I don't think you saw my last post.

I mentioned this before but I don't think Ormael saw my message.
To fix the femboy issue all you need to do is change "Return Female" to "Return Male".
The game won't call me a femboy in the description but it won't fuck up my gender either.
It'll just treat femboys as normal male characters.

(Uma will still call you a femboy though)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Serathinian I do seen it I do. Tht one of those well less gracefull things to do that still need to be done. I would be working on solving this issue too among few other things.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Coming soon to a Mareth near you
  • Bark Staves* - because barkmail bikinis don't suit magic types. Can be upgraded to a more powerful, purity neutral version by using the opposite bark. Future upgrades planned, for the true endgame/postgame mage.
  • Apprentice's Robe* - Cheaply sold from Tel'Adre shops, has a lower wizard's endurance than mage robes. Good for getting mage characters off the ground.
  • Mana Bracer* - Extra spellpower from your shield slot. Without needing to go through Kitsune stuff.
  • Gemstone Claymores* - large swords with elemental damage (just add charged weapon)
  • Ebonweave - An entirely new set of Rathazul craftables, suited to magic hybrid characters
  • Indecent robes* - So you can be sexy and magicky at the same time. Comes in spidersilk, dragonscale and ebonweave flavors
  • Inquisitor's Tome - Because blood magic is boss

* Implemented in test builds.

Screenshot (13).png
By the numbers! Random goofing while testing stuffs. Poor Evangeline.

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
With this speed I may need name next release as Redemption Walmart.

Well as Zavos already said yesterday I not been in enough mood to do more than add ebonweave materail (5% chance drop from basilisk or phoenix) and then option to make 2 upper and 2 lower underwear (still 2 more lower underwear to do since their will come with perk added when item is used).

Those that may look forward to Gargoyle TF or Temple of Gods things both were QC-ed by another person - the one that in recent days going like a storm throu all gdoc to QC. I think she can be as zealous in QC-ing like Liadri is zealous in writing ^^

Last edited:

BobBright

May 15, 2016
I seem to recall playing this before, but all my files are gone on it... Can anyone think of how that happened?