Champion's Weapon of Choice?

As for confusion, for your average joe ancient greece = roman empire, with knowledge of where the two diverge often ending past the names. A lot of people actually do think the gladius a greek weapon as a result, especially since it's a name that's much more widely known versus the xiphos.
Damn, those roman hoplons were mighty fine shields at that time :catte:

Well, people getting all confused about what's what might also stem from romans going full raccoon style regarding anything technological or cultural. Most of the time grabbing anything their thieving paws could get a hold on and selling it off as their own after - or trying so at least. Smart move for humanity as a whole by introducing many different cultures with technology… but such self-glorification going hand-in-hand with it :rolleyes:

Anyway, for not completely drifting off-topic… I seldom use the gladius on any character of mine - might stem from personal bias regarding this epoch as I'm more a "high medieval swords guy", longswords being the norm.
I would however like some nice dual-wielding battle axes (aside of the Francisca) for my lupine Berserker-Barbarian. Or even better some kind of Claws…

War Demon

May 24, 2020
Hell
Yeah The Xiphos, and Gladius look very similar. I get those two confused, also I wasn't just thinking 300. But the old TV show Deadliest Warrior, and Video Game "God Of War". Kratos is the last living Spartan in those games.

some kind of Claws
Uh yes please I'd even settle for Katars at this point. Dual Wielding Axes and Claws like weapons, so I can "Rip and Tear".

Reactions: Endwar

TalRasha

Mar 14, 2023
White Mage here. Control Rod and Harp of Waves, for the maximum spellpower. And teammates for tanking/healing.

Reactions: Endwar

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
The Cloudforger: Big hammer to pummel things into dust. While also dies fire damage and spell booster. Just what I have been wanting! Oh happy days! XD

Now all that's left is a unique starred two-handed great axe, and my arsenal is complete!

Last edited:
Reactions: HK-47

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
A Very Good Girl, also the mace you get at the conclusion of A Teatime for Dragons; it's been in the public release since the most recent update and backer releases for a little while longer. If you haven't met Kaina in the Rift yet you need to do that to start the quest; it also requires that you've either recruited Azzy or are intimate with Evelyn to the point that you've unlocked her 'Past?' talk.

Reactions: Majincotton

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Now all that's left is a unique starred two-handed great hammer, and my arsenal is complete!
Isn't that what the Cloudforger is?

EDIT.: In my case the favorite weapon is now the aforementioned Cloudforger.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Isn't that what the Cloudforger is?

EDIT.: In my case the favorite weapon is now the aforementioned Cloudforger.
Haha sorry. Half-asleep when I typed this. I meant this like a pure melee weapon of 50 Crushing stat. Not a split stat of 25 Crush and 25 Fire like the Cloudforger. Yet its good it still hits hard.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Haha sorry. Half-asleep when I typed this. I meant this like a pure melee weapon of 50 Crushing stat. Not a split stat of 25 Crush and 25 Fire like the Cloudforger. Yet its good it still hits hard.
Mastbreaker for sale at the orc camp.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
If you check Leorah's shop, there's a pure melee weapon of 60 Crushing.

It has -20 accuracy and not much of anything else, but 60 Crushing.

Vory

Jun 3, 2018
Flametongue is great for any kind of battlemage I like it alot on my black mage.

Zeus101

May 5, 2023
I love Asira wing or whatever it's called but can't find a way to make it work because getting accuracy up to 50 seems like it's impossible

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
How do you do this anyway? I imagine it's a console command thing?
Yes it is

Basically. You can manually edit each slot of your inventory with an item code to "force equip" an item. Downside is that you can never touch that slot again if you want to experiment. Because if you do, you'll have to edit it back INTO the offhand slot.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Yes it is

Basically. You can manually edit each slot of your inventory with an item code to "force equip" an item. Downside is that you can never touch that slot again if you want to experiment. Because if you do, you'll have to edit it back INTO the offhand slot.
This sounds a little different than another method I heard, so you use a command to equip the weapon that's actually in your inventory rather than generating the weapons in your primary and secondary slots?

Rezplz

Jul 27, 2022
Tower shield.

I know, I know, you can't attack with it, but it's still the main thing I base my build around because I love focusing on being a big fuckoff wall of NOPE. The weapon in the main hand literally doesn't matter, I might as well not have one. As a benefit, being disarmed does nothing to me. After taking shield stance and vanguard, my other powers do attacks without weapons, or damage isn't the point. Things like Dominance and Bull Rush let me imagine that I'm just running into people with my shield and giving them whatfor. I also like to take disarm as well. Been thinking about putting a good summon for an encounter power, but having something that scales off of toughness is too good to pass up. Which is important because I dumped STR. I put everything into Agility, Toughness and Presence and become immortal while buffing my party.

Why would I do damage? I have PEOPLE for that.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
Sword and Board but also since i'm kind of a paladin style thing i figured i could swap to more offense mode sometimes using the spiral staff... at least until i find some sort of fancy holy staff or something. or some proper holy spellcasting implements in my offhand maybe idk. Well when i get back to where i was anyways and not being distracted by other games. ice to come back with new chunks of content here.

Furiae

Jan 7, 2021
i would love some kind of flail, or a kusari-gama (like gogo yubari from kill bill).

TalRasha

Mar 14, 2023
i would love some kind of flail, or a kusari-gama (like gogo yubari from kill bill).
Gogo handlet with meteor hammer, not kusarigama. Kusarigama, to put it simply, is a sickle on a chain. Meteor hammer - two weights connected by a rope or chain.

Reactions: Furiae

De3ta

Feb 17, 2022
I am very boring in that regard. Sword and board babyyyyyyy we fighting the forces of darkness like we in skyrim 2011 bitch. It tends to go about as well sometimes to but that's something that can be solved with MORE MURDER or learning that u can direct control party members which i didn't for an embarrassing amount of time