Call for Kattom's weapons

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
As Kattom has a rotating inventory of weapons from pools unique to each planet he visits, it's difficult to find them all. What I'm asking dedicated forumites and players for is to slap any weapon they find that isn't listed here in a post, details including the:
  • planetary location of weapon
  • description of the gun in the text window (ex "A flamethrower - 450 credits)
  • the tooltip name
  • the full weapon name inside the tooltip as spoiler title
  • the description of the weapon
  • all stats clearly separated, including flags, not including stats of 0
  • any typos/grammar preferably left in and highlighted with fixed version as added note (for comprehensive bug report I'm making) in brackets
  • not necessary but position on buying menu (1, 2, etc)

Here are the weapons I've found so far, to be updated as I find more and people contribute.
Mhen'ga
A flamethrower - 450 credits
F.Thrwr
Most of the galaxy has moved on from the primitive flamethrower to favor of [NIX] less volatile weapons. Nevertheless, more barbaric worlds still employ these weapons of fire-belching death as an essential part of warfare. This particular specimen has any manufacturer's insignia skillfully lasered off. There's probably a crooked quartermaster pocketing a pile of credits somewhere.

Accuracy: 6

Physical Damage: 8
Burning: 8

Damage flags:
Cannot Crit

Special Flags:
Ignores Blindness

Item Type: Ranged Weapon
Quantity: 1
Basic Price: 450Credits
A cryropistol - 450 credits
CryroP
A seldom-made weapon capable of delivering pellets of near zero [K] kelvin fluid to a target. A curious weapon for sure; it could prove useful against cold-blooded creatures.

Crit Bonus: 5

Freezing: 8

Basic Price: 450 Credits
An Ashei acid spitter - 323 credits
Spitter
The Ashei acid spitter is a small living weapon, about the size of a pistol, capable of firing acid streams at short range. The spitter is a simple weapon, farmed in mass quantities from Ashei Hives, yet cheap and effective, although it does not offer much firepower. Of course it does [use/consume] extra small quantities of the user's blood for fuel, but power comes at a cost, does it not?

Crit Bonus: 4
Fortification: 4

Corrosive : 8

Basic Price: 323 Credits
An Ashei venom pistol - 323 credits
V.Pistol
The Ashei venom pistol is a living weapon strain designed to replicate a poison-spewing sidearm. It offers a respectable amount of firepower in an unconventional damage type for those who like to fight unconventionally. Of course it does [use/consume] extra small quantities of the user's blood for fuel, but power comes at a cost, does it not?

Crit Bonus: 4
Fortification: -4

Poison: 8

Basic Price: 323 Credits

Tarkus
An acid rifle - 1950 credits.
AcidRfl
Designed to take down targets impervious to traditional weaponry, the this gas-operated weapon dispenses small, polymer-wrapped spheres of a proprietary substance designed to disrupt the target a molecular level. It comes complete with an inertia-compensating grip and scope to assist in landing shots on target.

Accuracy: 5

Physical Damage: 15
Corrosive: 15

Basic Price: 1950 Credits
An acidthrower - 1950 credits.
A.Thrwr
This mechanical device is designed to project a stream of pressurized acid over long distances. It's design is based on that of the standard flamethrower, but modified to use next-gen corrosive compounds instead of flammable liquids. The heavy backpack hinders movement considerably.

Accuracy: 11
Evasion: -4

Physical Damage: 17
Corrosive: 17

Damage Flags:
Cannot Crit

Special Flags:
Ignores Blindness

Price: 1950 Credits
An Avenger SMG - 1950 credits.
A.SMG
The Avenger SMG is well known for featuring a high capacity magazine and rapid rate of fire on a compact and efficient package, albeit at the cost of range and quality materials.

Evasion: 3

Physical Damage: 13
Kinetic: 13

Damage Flags:
Cannot Crit

Special Flags:
Bonus Hit Rate

Basic Price: 1950 Credits
An auto shotgun - 1950 credits.
A.S.G.
One of the best civilian shotguns available in the market. The CF22 offers outstanding firepower combined with an impressive rate of fire and a large drum magazine. It's high modularity and adaptability has made this shotgun a very popular piece of equipment, as it can quickly be converted from a roomsweeper to a shot-mid range assault weapon by simple exchanging barrels, muzzles and ammunition.

Accuracy: 10
Evasion: -3

Physical Damage: 20
Kinetic: 20

Damage Flags:
Bullet

A Blizzard cryrothrower - 1275 credits
BC.Thrwr
The "Blizzard" is a retrofitted device originally designed to cool down starship reactors and modified to be used as a weapon. It's a devastating piece of technology; the mere though of using this on a living being just gives you the chills.

Physical Damage: 16
Freezing: 16

Damage Flags:
Cannot Crit

Special Flags:
Ignores Blindness

Basic Price: 1275 Credits
A cryrorifle -1275 credits.
CryroR
A seldom-made weapon capable of delivering pellets of near zero [K] kelvin fluid to a target. A curious weapon for sure; it could prove useful against cold-blooded creatures.

Physical Damage: 13
Freezing: 13

A Chironex scourge - 1950 credits.
Chiro
Scourges are a family of living weapons. Rifle-like in appearance, they fire large organic spikes filled with powerful toxins. The Chironex is the standardized strain of the scourge family and sees extensive use by Ashei military. Like

Accuracy: 4
Fortification: -8

Poison: 15

A mk II flamethrower - 1275 credits.
F.ThrwrII
Though no designation actually signifies this flamethrower is of any specific make, the features and craftsmanship on display make it clear it is no bottom-tier weapon from a barely-industrialized society.

Burning: 16

Damage Flags:
Cannot Crit

Special Flags:
Ignores Blindness

Price: 1275 Credits
A warden shield - 1275 credits.
WardenS.
The warden shield is an exotic, scarcely manufactured piece. After failing at market over ten years ago, it fell into obscurity and disuse. The design is fairly basic, with a wrist strap designed to attach to the shield on command. The shield itself has a basic hoverdrive built into the underside to allow it to be thrown extremely long distances - and return to the wielder on command. It is a "weapon" for the user who would rather fight with brute strength than the finesse of a firearm.

Evasion: 5
Fortification: 20

Physical Damage: 4
Kinetic: 4

Myrellion
A chaingun - 10500 credits.
Chaingn
A set of five rotating barrels allows this weapon to fire obscene amounts of projectiles without overheating. Though the design is ancient, moderm [n] advancements have further improved the fire rate while virtually eliminating mechanical failure. The only drawback is the size and weight.

Evasion: -2

Physical Damage: 28
Kinetic: 28

Damage Flags:
Bullet, Cannot Crit

Special Flags:
Power Armor, Bonus Hit Rate

Basic Price: 10500 Credits
A cryrolizer - 16500 credits.
CryroL
A cryrolizer is an advanced piece of technology, designed for unconventional warfare. It fires an energy beam capable of quickly dissipating all heat from the target, potentially causing fatal hypothermia and even freezing it solid.

Physical Damage: 25
Freezing: 25

Damage Flags:
Energy Weaponry

Special Flags
Energy Weapon

Basic Price: 16500 Credits
A hardlight rifle - 16500 credits.
HL Rifle
A rifle equipped with several internal hardlight emitters, capable of projecting a hail of pure force and light into a target. While this technology packs more punch than your typical laser, it has fallen out of favor use to it's ineffectiveness against shielded targets.

Accuracy: 8

Damage Flags:
Energy Weaponry, Laser

Special Flags:
Energy Weapon

An acid launcher - 10500 credits.
A.Lnchr
This simple dumbfire rocket launcher is loaded with special projectiles: rockets full of a extremely corrosive synthetic fluid, designed to break down molecules more rapidly than traditional chemistry could possibly explain.

Accuracy: -10

Physical Damage: 29
Corrosive: 29

A CTL-3 electric launcher - 16500 credits.
Electrogun
The CTL-3 is a standad rocket launcher loaded with a modified payload: powerful electron charges, capable of creating damaging electirc arcs in a wide area.

Accuracy: -8

Electric: 29

Damage Flags:
Energy Weaponry

Special Flags:
Energy Weapon

A myr venom thrower - 10500 credits.
VnmThrwr
A modified flamethrower converted to expell a gaseous for of the red Myr's venom. It appears to be based on a repurposed gold myr design.

Accuracy: 3

Lust Damage: 6
Drug: 6

Damage Flags:
Cannot Crit

Special Flags:
Ignores Blindness

Uveto
A Hirudo devourer - 60000 credits.
Hirudo
A living weapon, genetically modified and grown in a lab. The Hirudo series of living weapons is an improved strain derived from the Lampetra series; it offers a noticeable increase in range and firepower, and like many of its sisters, it's capable of healing its host when properly fed.

Fortification: -15

Physical Damage: 32
Kinetic: 16
Corrosive: 16

Damage Flags:
Vampiric, Penetrating

Basic Price: 60000 Credits
A NaN Deconstructor- 40500 credits.
NaN D.
This rare weapon fires a blob of modified microsurgeons programmed to eat through both organic and inorganic targets. Its sale has been banned as 'cruel' throughout most of the core. On the fringes, it can still find use, but most prefer to stick to weapons that won't eat them alive if they spill the ammo.

Crit Bonus: 6

Physical Damage: 26
Corrosive: 26

Damage Flags:
Vampiric, Penetrating

Basic Price: 40500 Credits
A freeze gun - 40500 credits.
Entropy
The LM19 was originally created to produce rapid cooling necessary for the successful creation of several varieties of superhard alloys. In practice, it has found more use taming hostile, cold-blooded races. When you are capable of arresting the movement of atomic particles to instantly induce a stat of hypothermia, bloodlessly putting down a rebellion is a cakewalk.

Physical Damage: 27
Freezing: 27

Damage Flags:
Energy Weaponry

Special Flags:
Energy Weapon

An Apollo plasma rifle - 60000 credits.
ApolloPR
The Apollo plasma rifle is a mainstay of Terran military forces. Originally produced by Reaper Armaments, it now has variants in use from over a dozen different manufacturors [e]. The one in your hands, however, is definitely one of the originals. It lacks the heat vents added in later revisions to support full-auto fire.

Burning: 29

Damage Flags:
Burn DoT Chance, Energy Weaponry

Special Flags:
Energy Weapon

A chainlaser - 40500 credits.
ChainLsr
One of the chief drawbacks of energy weapons is the high heat generation and the power draw required to feed it. The chainlaser solves both of these in typical thraggen fashion: by making the weapon so big and cumbersome that it provides endless surface area with which to dissipated [NIX] heat. The weight of the batteries hardly matters when you're already lugging around six barrels and a servo to spin them (to further facilitate cooling). While it is possible to fire all six at once in "Alpha Strike" battern, this can sometimes result in catastrophic failure of the weapon. Models sold to non-thraggen typically come with this "feature" disabled.

Accuracy: 15

Burning: 32

Damage Flags:
Bullet, Cannot Crit, Laser

Special Flags:
Power Armor, Bonus Hit Rate

A Crucifier spitter - 60000 credits.
Crucifier
The Crucifier is an organism vagely [-u-] resembling a gun. This little fella only needs a bit your delicious internal fluids and it will happily function as a living, breathing acid-spitting gun.

Crit Bonus: 10
Fortification: -10

Physical Damage: 30
Poison: 30

A Vanquisher hand cannon - 40500 credits.
Vanquish
The Vanquisher is a powerful semi-automatic pistol designed by Reaper Armaments for saurmorian military use. Since hitting the markets, it has found favor with law enforcement officers and criminals alike.

Accuracy: -3
Crit Bonus: 10

Damage Flags:
Bullet

A Stormbull shotgun - 40500 credits.
Strmbull
A popular bullpup semi-automatic shotgun with a drum magazine. Its large shell gauge, combined with the bullpup design, provides a good amount of firepower at close quarters, and the revolving drum magazine ensures the shotgun will not jam and can be reloaded quickly.

Accuracy: 18
Evasion: -6

Physical Damage: 35
Kinetic: 35

Damage Flags:
Bullet

Last edited:

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
A Hirudo devourer - 60000 credits.
Hirudo
A living weapon, genetically modified and grown in a lab. The Hirudo series of living weapons is an improved strain derived from the Lampetra series; it offers a noticeable increase in range and firepower, and like many of its sisters, it's capable of healing its host when properly fed.

Fortification: -15

Kinetic: 16
Corrosive: 16

Damage Flags:
Vampiric, Penetrating
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
I figured that I edited the whole hardlight rifle=/=laser too much so I might as well make it a separate post.

So jokes aside, why is the hardlight rifle labeled as a laser weapon? If my understanding of hardlight is correct, it's a similar tech to Borderland's digistruct tech (but hardlight actually makes sense), allowing you to construct solid objects from light masses with a fabricator/projector. If this is indeed the case, it would disqualify the rifle as a laser weapon and making it an energy weapon+bullet instead, similar to every other hardlight weapon/device out there. (including your codex screen, hardlight dong and shielding). The closest relative to hardlight weapon is probably plasma weapon, since both use a kinetic force to propel their projectiles. Lasers simply toss streams of amplified particle beams at the speed of light, which kinda goes against the whole "fabricated/projected" parts hardlight devices utilize.

Tldr: it's not much of a laser weapon really. The point of hardlight is more focused on the hard instead of the light aspect, turning light masses into solid objects instead of concentrated beams of heated death.

Last edited:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
IDK, gonna have to find the creator to ask those questions. 'Course, could also have be Fen's fault. :iiam:

Reactions: Chiyose

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
IDK, gonna have to find the creator to ask those questions. 'Course, could also have be Fen's fault. :iiam:
Could just pass this to @Fenoxo, since I recognize most of the weapons from one guy, and he definitely didn't make the hardlight rifle. Either Fen or someone else submitted the additional weapons.

VerixaOkblek

Oct 19, 2017
Myrellion

An Acid Launcher - 10500 credits.
A.Lnchr
This simple dumbfire rocket launcher is loaded with special projectiles: rockets full of a extremely corrosive synthetic fluid, designed to break down molecules more rapidly than traditional chemistry could possibly explain.

Accuracy: -10

Corrosive: 29

A CTL-3 Electric Launcher - 16500 credits.
Electrogun
The CTL-3 is a standad rocket launcher loaded with a modified payload: powerful electron charges, capable of creating damaging electirc arcs in a wide area.

Accuracy: -8

Electric: 29

Damage Flags:
Energy Weaponry

Special Flags:
Energy Weapon

Reactions: Karretch

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Does anybody know if there will be a "big ass sword"? My melee Merc simply hasn't found the right weapon for her yet, and that is what it would be.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
@Thebiologist did the writing and even the coding for them.

That's true, however, some descriptions have changed and most stats as well.

If anyone else is interested on what might have been or what other weapons could be added in the future, here it's the original thread:

LINK.

Right now I don't have free time to write new stuff because I've got a new time consuming job, but I usually check the forum on Sundays.

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
That's true, however, some descriptions have changed and most stats as well.

If anyone else is interested on what might have been or what other weapons could be added in the future, here it's the original thread:

LINK.

Right now I don't have free time to write new stuff because I've got a new time consuming job, but I usually check the forum on Sundays.
Sweet, now I can dump my complains on the doc.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
How do you actually find this guy? The post on hte front page says something about him showing up with a 1/10 chance after 36 hours, but is that 36 *continous* hours, or can I just step onto a danger tile, then go and sleep for 36 hours and then walk around so he'll show up?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
How do you actually find this guy? The post on hte front page says something about him showing up with a 1/10 chance after 36 hours, but is that 36 *continous* hours, or can I just step onto a danger tile, then go and sleep for 36 hours and then walk around so he'll show up?
Yes? If I'm reading you right. 1/10 chance to appear any danger tile if he hasn't spawned anywhere before (first time) or 35 hours have passed after you've encountered him.

Example, I find him on Mhen'ga, but then right after want to find him on Tarkus. I would have to wait until he disappears off of Mhen'ga after his 35 hours since I found him to then find him on Tarkus.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Yes? If I'm reading you right. 1/10 chance to appear any danger tile if he hasn't spawned anywhere before (first time) or 35 hours have passed after you've encountered him.

Example, I find him on Mhen'ga, but then right after want to find him on Tarkus. I would have to wait until he disappears off of Mhen'ga after his 35 hours since I found him to then find him on Tarkus.

Do I have to find him in order? I have been wandering Uveto for far longer than 35 hours now, with no sign of him.

Also, do I have to be a backer to find him? I just noticed that the patch with the text about him is marked "backer", but I am not entirely sure what's involved in that tag.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Do I have to find him in order? I have been wandering Uveto for far longer than 35 hours now, with no sign of him.

Also, do I have to be a backer to find him? I just noticed that the patch with the text about him is marked "backer", but I am not entirely sure what's involved in that tag.
Yes, you have to be a backer to have access to that content. Being a backer means you're supporting the TiTS patreon and have access to the patches released in-between the monthly public patches.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Yes, you have to be a backer to have access to that content. Being a backer means you're supporting the TiTS patreon and have access to the patches released in-between the monthly public patches.

Ah, I see! I'm not a backer, so that's probably where my problem lies. Oh well, I suppose I'll wait until the patch then. Roughly when per month do they happen? 1st of each month?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Ah, I see! I'm not a backer, so that's probably where my problem lies. Oh well, I suppose I'll wait until the patch then. Roughly when per month do they happen? 1st of each month?
Normally it's sometime during the first week of the month, but for this next one Fen's thinking about releasing it on Halloween with the winning contest submission.

TFMaster

Now that Kattom and his wares are available in the Public Build I've been checking them out and I found some on Tarkus that aren't mentioned in this thread.

Acidthrower
A.Thrwr
This mechanical device is designed to project a stream of pressurized acid over long distances. It's design is based on that of the standard flamethrower, but modified to use next-gen corrosive compounds instead of flammable liquids. The heavy backpack hinders movement considerably.

Accuracy: 11

Physical Damage: 17
Corrosive: 17

Damage Flags:
Cannot Crit

Special Flags:
Ignores Blindness

Auto Shotgun
A.S.G.
One of the best civilian shotguns available in the market. The CF22 offers outstanding firepower combined with an impressive rate of fire and a large drum magazine. It's high modularity and adaptability has made this shotgun a very popular piece of equipment, as it can quickly be converted from a roomsweeper to a shot-mid range assault weapon by simple exchanging barrels, muzzles and ammunition.

Evasion: -3

Physical Damage: 20
Kinetic: 20

Damage Flags:
Bullet

Chironex Scourge
Chiro
Scourges are a family of living weapons. Rifle-like in appearance, they fire large organic spikes filled with powerful toxins. The Chironex is the standardized strain of the scourge family and sees extensive use by Ashei military. Like

Fortification: -8

Poison: 15

Mark II Flamethrower
F.ThrwrII
Though no designation actually signifies this flamethrower is of any specific make, the features and craftsmanship on display make it clear it is no bottom-tier weapon from a barely-industrialized society.

Burning: 16

Damage Flags:
Cannot Crit

Special Flags:
Ignores Blindness

Price: 1275 Credits

Sorry about the description for the Chironex Scourge the text got cut off on my phone.

Reactions: Karretch

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Thankee

Also, as to the Scourge, naw, I had found it before I started cataloguing them and it's just broken.

Last edited:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Attention: All guns have been logged successfully. Thank you to contributors, enjoy the list!

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Is it me, or the Flamethrower can't set enemies on fire like the Flare Gun (theoretically) can? That would be an amusing inconsistency. Or the weapon flag system has changed?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Blame Fen, he just took the ideas from a massive document and coded stats and flags himself.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
As far as I can see, the flamethrowers mk1 and mk2 do not have the burning DoT