[Calisequest 2 spoilers] Re: Calise and...

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yeah, that's not even subtle. And before people jump in with 'Well there are armors in the game that lower Holy Resist and she's a paladin so she doesn't need that resistance!' I would like to direct your attention to Eryka, a tainted Velunite paladin who has no weakness to Holy whatsoever.

Also, there are no enemies in Ring of Fate that deal Holy damage so it's not as though that glaring and sole weakness in her otherwise overpowered stats serves any mechanical purpose in the quest.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Yeah, that's not even subtle. And before people jump in with 'Well there are armors in the game that lower Holy Resist and she's a paladin so she doesn't need that resistance!' I would like to direct your attention to Eryka, a tainted Velunite paladin who has no weakness to Holy whatsoever.

Also, there are no enemies in Ring of Fate that deal Holy damage so it's not as though that glaring and sole weakness in her otherwise overpowered stats serves any mechanical purpose in the quest.
Honestly if Tollus knew it was her and sent the Silent Toothpick to kill her then I'll have to pay that evil lawn-gnome some respect after all.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Also the fact Calise can use holy magic herself means nothing, she just needs to fight through the pain of using more than likely, which for someone like Kas is probably a fucking cakewalk.

Reactions: Malidica

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
Don't think the holy resist is the most damning thing just because my own paladin has a weakness to it himself. A lot of the other stuff presented here has been pretty convincing though.

As a thought, maybe Kas intentionally had the kitsune assassin stab her? It could have been an attempt to get the champion to leave her so she could effectively kill off her character, knowing she'd survive the poison. This would free her from needing to play the role for any longer, and she could use the time to hand the champion the ring and effectively propose while also having the champion agree.

Alternatively it could have been a ploy to make the champion trust her more. if Kas' agents are attacking Calise, that MUST mean that Calise is anti-Kas, and thus not an agent of Kas, thus trustworthy ally.

Alternatively alternatively, either as a main goal or more likely a secondary one, it could have just been an elaborate ploy to get the champion to hold her, kiss her, and care for her. Something that i wouldn't think would be out of the realm of possibility for her.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Nah the kitsune is at Tolus's beck and call, and hes gone rouge from kas's plans. And the kitsune herself is being used by tollus to try and understand how they work due to their weirdness. Also the demons we met in the ring of fate were greedy and cock for brains, so that kinda says alot. And if you want another damming proof, it goes back to the winter city vaults and how the fuck calise would know that.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Ooh I'm hoping the faceless blade (is that right?) Will become shaggable in the future.. I would do another Kitsune playthrough just for her.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Ooh I'm hoping the faceless blade (is that right?) Will become shaggable in the future.. I would do another Kitsune playthrough just for her.
You do know faceless are killed on site b kitsune right? While I dont know te outcomes, id say its a 90% chance a kitsune champ cant shag the faceless blade.

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018

Are you sure about that?

Attachments

• faceless_feral_nude.Lionpaws.0.png
    faceless_feral_nude.Lionpaws.0.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 118

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah it really is, though I guess the art could be to blame, it's pretty fucking good albeit a bit weird to see after the myriad of moiria kitsune. Ironically having it not done by them feels like a good way to say "just outright not a good kitsune".

• Haha

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Are any Kitsune actually good? And why not, you got people wanting Tollus to become shaggable..

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
That's a whole other topic, but I'd say yes, if not a little rough sometimes. But when it comes to a faceless your not gonna wanna shag it considering how one of the possible reasons they're faceless is because they drained someone into a husk.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Yes, rationally speaking being fed on by an energy vampire who was exiled from her own people for killing her benefactors is a terrible idea.

Conversely, hot.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Are you sure about that?
Gaaaah! Dear god, that's getting a stake through its heart. Possibly one blessed by Keros just to make extra sure. Where on Savarra does Tollus find all these deranged murder hobos?

Christ, talk about nightmare face.

fennecfire

Feb 8, 2022
Pretty sure rivers just a homonculuse for mallach, so he knows a lot before anyone else.(or you know just makes it easier for you to be able to switch things and try to make it easier for you)
River doesn't feel like mallach. He's too reserved.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yes, rationally speaking being fed on by an energy vampire who was exiled from her own people for killing her benefactors is a terrible idea.

Conversely, hot.
One whom is still probably draining their benifactors amung the tollus following to death, tis probably why she looks like that, a fox who actually managed to become corrupted.

fennecfire

Feb 8, 2022
What's this, some random NPC's stats ?
Who knows, maybe they are real, maybe I made them up, maybe they belong to my champ
It's all a mystery until the game finally answers our queries
According to the filename those are calise's stats. Here's kasyrra's stats from if you're romantic with her in the boreal elf palace:
1651023217661.png
Same holy resist. Already odd for a paladin to be so incredibly weak to holy but this I feel seals it.
I'm sold.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
River doesn't feel like mallach. He's too reserved.
That is literally what River is though, wery was not being hypothetical in calling him a homunculus. This little detail requires a particular chain of events to learn, but it's canon.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
That is literally what River is though, wery was not being hypothetical in calling him a homunculus. This little detail requires a particular chain of events to learn, but it's canon.
I bumped into that scene entirely by accident. Nice bit of lore.

Reactions: Kesil

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
According to the filename those are calise's stats. Here's kasyrra's stats from if you're romantic with her in the boreal elf palace:
View attachment 23566
Same holy resist. Already odd for a paladin to be so incredibly weak to holy but this I feel seals it.
I'm sold.
See this is what I was trying to find and completely forget when I reached the elf palace.. are all the stats the same though, not just holy resist?

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
It basically explains how the little fucker knows everything s fast and how he can spread it so fast(basically the best in lore way to explain how everyone instantly changes to say what you changed).

Metronome

Sep 5, 2020
Earth, Sol System
One whom is still probably draining their benifactors amung the tollus following to death, tis probably why she looks like that, a fox who actually managed to become corrupted.
"a fox who actually managed to become corrupted." But isn't the whole deal with the Kitsune that they can't become "corrupted" as they are already daemons?

As quoted from Tobs' Document "as Keros' direct servants, all kitsune are already technically demonic creatures (wraith-touched as opposed to Marethian demons), since their souls are in their patron deity's safekeeping. [...] When all the prettiness and layers of euphemism are peeled away, she's a fully corrupted monster whose preferred form of sustenance is the life-force of other sapient beings."

So its more like she gave into her nature and "went all the way" as opposed to her brethren staving off their nature with tradition and rules

PudgyElderGod

Dec 28, 2020
Kas could simply have corrupted Calise. It wouldn't have taken that much time, it would explain why she hasn't been found out as a fake (it's easy enough to impersonate yourself) and would also explain her bust with the demon eyes. But then she wouldn't be making some of those verbal slips.
My mostly baseless theory is that the Blood Knight was the/an original Champion of Velun and that Kas took her place. Getting information on-request from a new lackey would explain how Kas would have enough knowledge to kinda pass as the Champion of Velun, but not enough of a knowledge base to prevent slip ups.

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
she gave into her nature and "went all the way
Abyss friend from the Winter City spewed dragons and elves that seemed to be quite wraithed with glowing red eyes, and the dragons seems to have gotten their normal eyes with a glow too. Now going off the faceless bust which has its problems her eyes seem to be Marethian demon eyes which are seen elsewhere given by various TFs like the demons TF, Kas's Halloween eye TF, and Kas's post Alraune Sex option Tfs, and seem to be the common eyes among demons even if some have other different colors.

Now my theory if a bit shaky as the the cause to her being would be that Tollus acquired a kitsune shoved a soul in said kitsune and corrupted her, or he could have took said soul out again in the demonizing method and made a demon kitsune with all the implications that come with both routes.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Tollus has been fucking with her whole weird soul, but also we don't know what happens to a fox once they've been named faceless when it comes to the communal soul. But more than likely it is something to do with tollus fucking with it that caused it.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
"a fox who actually managed to become corrupted." But isn't the whole deal with the Kitsune that they can't become "corrupted" as they are already daemons?

As quoted from Tobs' Document "as Keros' direct servants, all kitsune are already technically demonic creatures (wraith-touched as opposed to Marethian demons), since their souls are in their patron deity's safekeeping. [...] When all the prettiness and layers of euphemism are peeled away, she's a fully corrupted monster whose preferred form of sustenance is the life-force of other sapient beings."

So its more like she gave into her nature and "went all the way" as opposed to her brethren staving off their nature with tradition and rules
I think it's not quite like that. Demons are beings who lose their soul due to corruption. Kitsune never had one. When we turn into one Keros removes ours but I think normal Kitsune are born empty but with a tether to a communal soul. Wraiths can't create souls and since the Kitsune are Keros' creation I think he just piled a lot of mortal souls together and the kitsune use them the same way a lich has a phylactery, just minus the resurrection.

Serafjon

Jul 27, 2021
Even ignoring the fact that their backstories line up PERFECTLY, that she has -100 Holy resist, is the only level 10 around aside from Kas, has the exact same likings as Kas, and that whole breeding pits tangent and also her wanting to use it on you if you press her on why exactly she wants the Ring so desperately (which come to think of it I honestly don't know nor do I want to check if it's Romantic route exclusive), she's still extremely suspicious; what's with her calling you "darling" and "my Champion", like miss we met 5 minutes ago and all I did was help you with a fetch quest.

I don't know if it's Romantic route shenanigans or what not, and I get it's somewhat excusable with how demons are, but I'm still somewhat disappointed that they didn't make it more subtle.

Last edited:

fennecfire

Feb 8, 2022
Huh, I did not know that. Ok. Thank you for informing me.

fennecfire

Feb 8, 2022
See this is what I was trying to find and completely forget when I reached the elf palace.. are all the stats the same though, not just holy resist?
Not all of them, no. Social stats will naturally change with physical appearance, and if she went all out physically then she'd give herself up right away.
However, we have another paladin's stats for comparison, Eryka:
1651091958677.png
Note that she has no holy resist or vulnerability.
Calise is supposedly human, just like Eryka. They are both paladins of Velun. They should have similar abilities granted by their god, including similar holy power, but Calise is apparently incredibly weak against holy power.

Also, both kas and calise have a great big axe with engravings on the blade and a gem on the end of the shaft, and we know because of
Katherine
that she can shape shift her weapon with her body. That's not important to the stats thing, it's just something I noticed while checking the wiki for these details.