Build Suggestions?

Breadnought

Oct 13, 2024
Hi just wanted to see what people would suggest as a build I haven't played the game yet and wanted to get some advice before jumping in from what I've already read I'm interested in either a warrior or black mage but what would you suggest that I try and what else should I know when getting into the game.

Tiffye

Jul 17, 2023
I'm gonna be honest, and idk if others may disagree, but the build doesn't matter that much. I've done warrior, I've most recently been doing black mage, and both are good for being on the offensive. Both have moves that hit multiple targets as well as restore health, though that may take a while to get. I think black mage has more on the latter but there's at least one powerful one with warrior iirc. Maybe this is just because it's my most recent playthrough, but I'd say go with mage. Brint and Arona are good warrior companions to fill that niche, and you can always still do a single basic melee attack with whatever weapon you have equipped if you really need melee.

Isaac Sim

Jun 21, 2024
Hi just wanted to see what people would suggest as a build I haven't played the game yet and wanted to get some advice before jumping in from what I've already read I'm interested in either a warrior or black mage but what would you suggest that I try and what else should I know when getting into the game.
I can suggest you black knight build.

Go warrior. And at level up increase strength, cunning and willpower.

And get lightning spike early. And then use your other warrior abilities and supplementing them with black mage abilities.

Another build is white knight. Go warrior. Level up strength, toughness and willpower.

supplement your warrior abilities with white mage abilities. This build is stronger because you can have heal and survive even the most brutal encounters.

You can also do this build by going pure black or white mage.