Beautiful Dreamers. (In game.)

????

Apr 27, 2021
as shes adressed Rana looks up, like shes remembering the others exist, her crossed legs tighten embarrassedly and her small chest heaves once in a deep breath. All she manages is a hollow breathy phrase. "I can fly?" Her eyes are distant and confused and the force of the car and mention of concealment seem lost compared to the blinding spinning of her head. Shed always wanted to, dreamed it, fantasized about superheroes, dreamed of it... dreaming.. this was a dream? It felt so real, the suit clinging to each curve the smells, the strangers? That couldnt be right, she have woken up by now for sure... her cute freckled face stays nuetral and distant.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Warden looked over his shoulder at them. "We're coming up on the mission site. You two should get a head start looking for folks who need rescue."

"Let's see... Rana - er, Ultra-Woman - you fly up to the top floors and make your way down. Fiona, you take the bottom floors and head up. I'll follow as soon as I figure out my arsenal." He glanced at his watch and briefcase. "Like how to access it, for starters."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The briefcase clicked open as soon as Warden mentioned gaining access to it. Inside there were two items; a cowl with built in vizer, and a utility belt with a multitude of compartments.

????

Apr 27, 2021
As soon as its mentioned Rana panics some, breathing heavily. "Okay, right" she climbs out of the car, accutely aware of people looking at her, her head snaps both directions, hair whipping back and forth. shit! I dont know how!?! she thought to herself as she started hyperventalating. She was on the clock though and likely being watched all over, she had to trust her instincts. Maybe it was like jumping?

With all her might she squats her lean, toned legs, clenches her fists and jump as hard as she can with a delayed, tiny sonic boom blasting the sidewalk clean and setting off car alarms, shattering a streetlamp. She rockets up to the top floor, then the roof, then well past it. Limbs flailing for purchase the girl gasps in panic and soars up and up for a moment thinking she'll never get to land. She tucks up and her gut takes over. She turns and kicks off the air, soaring back down. She bounds back and fourth like hopping from one rail of train tracks to another running on air. She hops gently onto the roof looking for anyone trying to escape the smoke or using the fire escape.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Sure enough over a dozen people had gathered on the roof seeking escape from the fire.

????

Apr 27, 2021
Rana quickly coaches them all with the best idea she has. "Everyone spread out so you dont focus your weight. Ill take 3 people at a time but please no pushing or fighting."

She walks over and turns her back to the first person "climb on" then scoops another in each arm walking to the edge. Her lithe muscles dont feel at all big enough to hold these people but shes sturdy. "Hold on tight." She steps off the ledge and gently taps the air hopping on her toes to slow the fall some on the way down, landing about a block away to set them down.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The people scream and cry, but are otherwise fine. With a few more trips, Rana has the people off the roof with time to spare.

????

Apr 27, 2021
Using the time left, if Fiona's not done yet, Rana rushes back to the building and races up the side, hopping up the air to she finds a window without too much flame and smoke. She takes a deep breath and kicks the glass in, hopping inside and searching frantically for her companion. "Fiona!? Fiona!? Anyone? Hello! Yell if you need help!" She races around the building checking any door she can.

"Damn, i dont think im fireproof" she mutters to herself as she searches.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Seeing Rana take off Fiona hesitated a moment before quickly running into the building looking for anyone in the blaze. "Is anyone there? Can you hear me?" She called out as she moved between the rooms, searching for anyone that was trapped or unconscious.

Hearing her name being called Fiona went to reply. "I'm he- ack" She coughed as she carelessly took a breath of smoke, leaving her eyes watering and her lungs screaming.

[Roll 2d6+Per(3) = 5+1+3 = 9]
(Bit of a retroactive post, hope that's okay)

????

Apr 27, 2021
Hearing Fiona call back, Rana hurries to search towards her direction. "Hang on! Im coming!" She bats and waves away the smoke and works down the stairs in a hurry, finding a door locked she reaches back and punches it as hard as she can. Sourly underestimating her own strength the dor dented, folded, jolted off its hinges, and launched down the hall tumbling and clambering and slamming through the first 2 walls it collides with. Ultra-Woman winced and bit her finger in an 'oops' reaction before shaking her head clear and running into the floor screaming and hunting for Fiona or more survivors.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Through the smoke, and fire, Fiona could hear a small voice calling out.
"Help!" it cried.
Following the sound, she found a little girl curled up in a closet.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Hey, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Fiona asked, trying to soothe the girl amidst the flames in the background. "I'm here to help, what's your name?" she said, offering out a hand to the young girl.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The floor under her feet gave way, and Fiona found herself clinging by the hand she had just reached out with over a raging inferno.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Looking at the inferno below her Fiona struggled to keep herself looking calm even as she instinctively began to tense up. Pretty sure fire ants abilities don't include being fire-proof she thought to herself. She began to try and pull herself up while looking to see if the girl had been caught in the floor's collapse.

[Rolls 2d6+Str(1) = 1+4+1 = 6 & 2d6 +Per(3) = 5+6+3 = 14]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Fiona lifted herself up with no effort, almost throwing herself to the ceiling of the room. The little girl was still where she left her, apparently having lost consciousness.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"That was close..." Fiona muttered, looking back at the hole. Skirting around the edge Fiona picked up the young girl before quickly but carefully making her way back to what would hopefully lead to safety for the both of them.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The hall back to the front door was blocked as the ceiling collapsed. Fire roared all around her as Fiona would have to find another way out.

????

Apr 27, 2021
Rana quickened to a run, yelling and calling for Fiona or any others, rqcing down the ffloors, she hoped she hadnt started too low and missed them. "FIONA!" she called again, covering her mouth with her hand and coughing at the smoke.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
A gush of fire accompanied the sound of shattering glass as The Spectre dove into the building through a ground floor window.

It had taken him way too long to figure out which of his tools did what and he’d had to circle the place three times to find an entrance but now he was on the scene and ready for action.

First things first: who was still left inside? Hardly anyone, by the head count he'd made, but you never knew. He charged in, straining to listen for people against the crackling flames.

ROLL: 2d6 + [PER]: (3+3) + (1) = 7

(What are the rules for the utility belt, anyway? Can I just bullshit an excuse to use whatever like with Bat-Shark Repellent or is it more of a fixed set of tools?)

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Not good..." Fiona said, her eyes flitting from the flames to the girl and back again. Fiona coughed harshly at the smoke, doing her best to stay low while shielding the girl from the flames.

Amidst the roar of the flames she thought she heard someone calling her name. Is that... Rana? she thought before immediately calling out "Here! I've got someone but the flames have us trapped!"

????

Apr 27, 2021
At the sound of the voice Rana broke into a si gle minded seeker missile. Reqching a locked fire door she inhales and puffed her small chest before slamming her foot into it. The metal door sheared from its frame with the print of her running shoe firmly dented into the center of it. The metal door clanged a few feet down the hall and Rana raced in til she found the source of the voice. A vent. damnit, they must be right below me. she put her fqce near the vent and yelled out. "Get away from the center of the room, im smashing down, watch your eyes!" She smirked to herself and took a second or two, but no more, to admire her taught angles and curves in the white suit. Damn, i sound so professional. She thought to herself.

With a deep breath she bent her knees and stomped hard into the floor, sending brittle partly charred boards splintering down into the opening of the collapsed floor and crisping into the inferno. She fell after them a bit surprised as the floor gave way. A small scream slipped from her throat unexpectedly as she flailed in the air plummeting towards the fire, trying to get her balance to try flying. About waist level through the lower floor she caught herswlf and looked around to spot Fiona and the girl, holding out her hands where she hovered. "Grab on, ill get you out."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Warden had a myriad of tools and gadgets at his disposal, but right now the best thing he had going for him was that his suit was flame retardant.

[The rule for utility belts is 'make shit up'. Whatever ridiculous nonsense you can cook up, I'm pretty sure they already used in the classic batman show.]

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Fiona hunkered down, covering the young girl with as much as her body as she could as the burning fragments of ceiling fell. Looking up she saw Rana floating in the newly made hole. "Don't worry, everything will be fine" she murmured to the unconscious girl before looking up at Rana "Alright, here we come!" she called out as loudly as she could to be heard over the roaring flames, before jumping towards Rana with an outstretched hand, clutching the girl tightly.
[Roll 2d6+Agi(1) = 6+6+1 = 13]

????

Apr 27, 2021
Barely, and nearly stagger back into a burning wall, Rana caught the pair and grunted some, before realizing again, she has super powers in this wild dream and she jumped off the air back up to the upper floor, carrying the pair down the hall she came from, over the mangled fire door she folded off its hinges, and starts a small jog for a running start right at a massive office window. "Cover your eyes." She calls to Fiona as she drops her shoulder ready to smash through.

The glass shatters into shards and plates as the trio plummet down fast, Rana curses realizing she doesnt have the space to turn and stand on the air, or the skill to if she wanted. The girl looks at the women in her arms and grits her teeth, rolling her back to the ground to slam into the sidewalk back-first with a loud clap and thud of human body to cement and human to human as she takes the brunt of the fall and whatever damage it may bring.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Grunting as the impact knocked the wind from her lungs, Fiona rolled off of Rana carefully. "Hey you okay? We hit the ground pretty hard" she asked, lightly tapping her hand against the younger woman's cheek. Looking at the young girl in her arms, she gently checked for any cuts or embedded glass shards.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
The Spectre watched them take off through the roof, rather embarrassed that he'd arrived so late that they'd evacuated the entire building without him. He kicked a piece of burning furniture over before quietly walking out the same way he’d come in.

Then he went back to the car, hoping that no one had noticed him.

????

Apr 27, 2021
Rana coughed and blinked awake, as far as she could tell she felt fine and wasnt hurt. She sits up and grunts a little in the body-shaped crater. "Im alright, are you two okay?"

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"I'm fine, just a little winded. You took the brunt of the landing" Fiona replied. "I'm going to try and find some paramedics, get this girl checked out, you alright to stand by yourself?" she asked, hovering near Rana as she cast a cursory glance over the street for any ambulances.

????

Apr 27, 2021
The small girl sits up and eases to her feet. Her suit's a little cut up and torn, but the spots where her tone dark skin shows through, almost bulging out of the tights seems totally uncut and unmarked. Her white suit is marred and marked in black streaks and small ember holes all over and she reaches up to roll her ponytail into a loose bun. "Yea, i think im fine. Nothing really hurts? At least not for right now."

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Well that's good, I'll be back soon. Meet back at the car ok?" Fiona said, calling the last part over her shoulder as she began walking towards the crowd. "Now let's see..." she muttered to herself as she began looking through the crowd as she approached for an ambulance or paramedic to treat the young girl she still carried clutched against her chest.