Beautiful Dreamers. (In game.)

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Fiona stood quietly looking around the bridge and making mental notes of what the captain said, visibly shaking as she stifled a giggling fit at the fake accent the man of the group had decided to speak in. "Um... Do we know if anyone was in the area of the impact?" She asked the captain nervously.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"It's only the four of us on board, you know that," the captain replied tersely.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Right sorry, feeling a bit muddled is all..." Fiona said apologetically, withdrawing into herself.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
50 kilograms – so that’s about 110 in Freedom Units™… Pretty light for a boarding party – must be something else, then.

“Well, I’ve nae further questions, so I’ll go an’ get a head start assessin’ the damage.” He nodded at Fiona and Riona as he made his way to the door. “You two come on down whene’er ye think you’re ready, I'll try not tae do anything stupid 'til ye do.”

(I hope Snek’s doing okay; they haven’t been on in a while)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[Well, we can't wait for them forever.]

With their task set, the group began heading for the cargo hold of the ship. Finding their way there was easy enough; signs and guide arrows were painted at practically every junction, making it practically impossible to get lost. At least, until they actually reached the hold. One might have questioned the wisdom of having a crew of only four people man a vessel the size of an aircraft carrier, but one should never underestimate corporate greed, and its willingness to cut costs. So it was that the small party found themselves in the belly of the massive ship, walking through the slim alleyways created by the piles of cargo crates stacked near to the ceiling.
Fortunately, the flashing emergency lights helped lead them to their destination, and they soon stood before the cause of the problem. Laying amidst the remains of a shattered crate, was what was left of an object. But, it was no meteorite. In overall shape it was a smooth ended cylinder, and its chrome finish marked it as clearly artificial. What was disturbing, however, was the fact that it was laying in two pieces; split right down the middle. And, it appeared to be hollow.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Even if it's not a boarding party... we definitely have an unknown guest onboard..." Fiona said, her head practically on a swivel. "...Should we stay as a group and hope it comes to us or... split up and try to find it?" She asked, shuddering at her own suggestion.

(Sorry for not posting all week, had some medical stuff come up. It's all sorted now. I hope snek is doing alright, would be good to see them come back soon)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Turning to get everyone's opinion, they found that their companion Rhiona was no longer with them. She had gone down to the hold with them, but now she was just gone. Looking around the immediate area, they quickly spotted her jumpsuit. Or rather, the torn remains of her suit, covered in a thick viscous green slime.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Warden regarded the sight with a complete lack of alarm. “Huh. Well, I was going to suggest we split into two groups, but this pretty much limits our options…”

He knelt down by the slime residue and pinched a tiny sample. He rolled it between his fingers, getting a feel for the texture and viscosity before checking how it smelled. Against his better judgment he tasted it, and immediately wished he hadn’t.

Then Warden stood up, wiping off his fingers on his jumpsuit. “Don’t know about you, but my curiosity’s piqued. We should stick together for now – although that doesn’t seem to have helped Riona at all. Look around, see if there’s a trail we can follow.”

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"I really hope whatever took her isn't expecting us to come to it..." Fiona said, looking around the area as she approached the jumpsuit. Walls, floor and ceiling, she wasn't going to let whatever the unknown 'guest' was catch her off guard. "Do you feel alright after touching ...whatever that slime is?" She asked Warden, still keeping on high alert.
(Roll: 2d6+Per(3) = 4 + 4 + 3 = 11)

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Warden shrugged. “I feel fine. Really not sure what I expected, to be honest. Felt like mucus, tasted awful, but no adverse effects so far. We’ll see if I break out in a rash later, but I’m honestly not concerned. I doubt there’s anything in this situation that could actually hurt us.”

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Suddenly, everything went black for Warden as something wet and heavy fell onto his head.
Fiona saw what looked like a cross between an octopus and a spider fall onto Warden's heat and wrap its tentacles around his neck like a grotesque hood.
Warden could feel something pressing against his lips, trying to force it's way into his mouth.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
“HRGK!?” He grabbed at the appendages encircling his face and neck and made a spirited effort to pull the creature off of him.

Roll: 2d6 + [STR]: (5 + 1) + (4) = 10

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The creature came free with a wet slurping sound, and was sent sailing through the air by the force of the effort. It hit the wall with a splat, and quickly shimmied up it, only to launch itself at Fiona next, connecting with her chest, and wrapping itself around her torso.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Startled by the creature's initial descent Fiona only watched as Warden practically threw the creature off of him before letting out a terrified squeak as it jumped at her. Feeling it impact her chest and the sensation of it wrapping around her Fiona gasped before struggling to remove it with a panicked exclamation of "No no no no get off, get off, get off me!"
Roll: 2d6+STR(1) = 5+2+1 = 8

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Struggling with the small beast, Fiona managed to wriggle out of its grasp, but its grip on her shirt was firm, and with a wet tearing noise the garment came off along with the spider-squid, leaving Fiona topless.
The creature screeched again, before wiggling between a pair of crates, and disappearing into the cargo hold.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Fiona took a breath of relief at having struggled out of the creature's grasp which quickly turned into a sigh of resignation at her state of undress. "Well... at least we know what was in that pod now" she said before turning to face Warden "You ok? It didn't do anything to you did it?"

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
“Just startled me, is all. Might’ve throttled me a bit but no harm done.”

Warden wiped the slime from his face and looked around. His gaze passed over her exposed chest for a moment before he turned away, pretending not to have noticed.

“Right, which way did that outer-space octopus go? I’m fixin’ to serve up some seafood soup...”

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Last I saw it was crawling between some of the crates over there" Fiona said as she pointed at the crates in question "-but I wouldn't place any bets on it staying there" she continued as she turned back to Warden. "With how it climbed that wall I feel it was more a space spider than an octopus" she idly mused aloud.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Warden rolled his eyes and squinted between the crates she’d indicated. “Well, whatever we want to call it, we shouldn’t let it run amok down here. I don’t think chasing it about is going to help unless we want to spend the whole night running in circles. We need to get it to come to us. The question is: How?”

He stepped back from the containers and leaned against them, rubbing his chin thoughtfully as he tried to come up with any answer besides the obvious.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Only thing I can think of that would get it to come to us would be one of us acting as bait..." Fiona suggested, shuddering slightly at the idea. "It's a shot in the dark but maybe we could see if it's established a nest somewhere down here, try and catch it off-guard...or make it angry enough that it doesn't bother hiding to attack us."She mused before asking "What do you think? Anything else come to mind...?"

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
He shook his head. “I hate to say it, but I think live bait is our best option. Leaving aside how long it’d take to search this place with just the two of us, I’m not even sure if it makes nests to begin with.”

“Look, you’re the ‘weapons expert’, right? That means you must have some sort of weapon on you. So, here’s my plan: I’ll go stand in the open there and try to goad it into pouncing on me again. If it does, you zap it with whatever you’ve got in your arsenal. Then, we shove the remains into whatever’s handy and throw it out the airlock. Straightforward, simple, guaranteed to go horribly wrong in some way. Sound good?”

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Checking her side, Fiona found there was a pistol conveniently stashed in her pocket, though it looked like something out of a movie, with all the knobs, wires, and blinking lights on it.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"I've got this" Fiona said, tentatively holding up the pistol "...I'll try not to hit you with it" she half-mumbled to Warden as she began to turn the thing over, giving it a thorough investigation before she even thought of trying to shoot with it.
(Tell me if I need to roll and we'll see where the dice lead)

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
(Repost because the last one was swallowed by the void)

Warden stepped out into a more open area of the hold and threw his arms wide and spoke with an exaggerated flourish. “O, how that encounter has shocked all the energy from me! Perhaps I shall rest a moment, before I faint from exertion! Yea, this crate looks a most inviting place of repose!”

With an overdramatic wave, he planted himself against a large metal container, tilted back his head and stared at the ceiling. “Just but a moment shall I take, to rest mine eyes and catch my breath; and then to the hunt shall return! Hopefully no monstrosity takes advantage of my delirium while I am still weak and unable to respond!”

He closed his eyes and sighed heavily. Then he cracked one eye open and made sure that he could still see where Fiona was hiding.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
A shudder ran through the hull, as if the entire ship was groaning from the hammy display that Warden pot on. Still, it had the desired effect, Fiona saw the creature slither out from between a pair of crates behind Warden, and prepare to spring. Just before she could take her shot, however, she noticed something green dripping onto her shoulder. Looking up, she saw another squid-spider clinging to the ceiling directly above her, ready to pounce. Only enough time to shoot one, which would it be?

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Oh great... Fiona thought as she saw the second creature above her. "It has a friend!" She shouted as she took a shot at the creature behind Warden.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The one behind Warden collapsed with a smoking hole through it, then Fiona felt something wet, and heavy land on her as the other creature fell. It hit her back, and its slimy tentacles wrapped around her, snaring her neck, arms, and waist. A particularly naughty pair encircled her exposed breasts, and began to squeeze, while a third began trying to worm its way down her pants. In the struggle, she dropped her pistole.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Fiona let out a strangled gasp as the tentacles wrapped around her which quickly turned into a quiet moan as the pair of tentacles on her breasts began squeezing. She weakly tried to wrest an arm free of the tentacles to grasp at the one around her throat, too distracted to notice the third tentacle making it's way downward.

[Roll: 2d6+STR(1) = 2+6+1 = 9]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Fiona managed to get a grip on the creature, and wrestle it to the floor. While she thought she had the upper hand, she gasped as that one probing tentacle slipped under her belt, and wormed its way between her legs. She could feel it wriggling in her pants, trying to find a way past her underwear. Her pistol sat within inches of her grasp. If she reached, she might just get her hands on it.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Warden had first turned to look at the one Fiona had shot, and nodded in satisfaction at the result. He walked over to where she was struggling with the second creature and gently nudged the pistol back towards her hand.

Then, feeling that more was expected of him, he brought his foot up and stomped on the critter.