Anyone else miss the old Cheshire Syri bust?

Want old Cheshire Syri as an option?

• Yes

• No

• Can't; If you chose this one you have to explain why

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Bust was changed because the old bust was inaccurate. New bust is by the same artist and accepted as canon by said artist as well as all of Fenstaff including her writer, so it's not gonna get changed.

If you want the old bust you can either download a pirated build off of 4chan (which specifically keeps the old bust because 4chan is racist and doesn't like delicious chocolate skin), or follow one of the guides on the forum to get the old one back.

Of course if you're gonna put in all that effort you may as well start compiling your own public builds from now on, and/or keep an image of the old bust on your PC at all times. Maybe even start having a framed picture on your night stand.

Also, "Old Gats" is more than just 1 image.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotYouNorI

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Syri.png
Syri.png

I wasn't sure which one you meant, so have both.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I wasn't sure which one you meant, so have both.
The one on the left is the one people keep asking about. I personally think the wink is cuter (and the hair on the new one is the wrong color) but it's really not worth the fuss.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I like the look of the old one better, to be honest. Just had, at least in my opinion, more personality to it. Though I would agree with Noob that chocolate skin is, indeed, delicious.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
The eyes of the new one weird me out yo, plus her tits seem way bigger than double-D's to me, which is why I prefer the old one. That and the hair being the wrong color too, but the other stuff was more the reason.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
Honestly, couldn't the old one be edited to be up to snuff with her cannon appearance? Probably oversimplifying quite a bit but that would pretty much just fix everything.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
I hate being blunt; just wanted to state the most obvious solution I truthfully couldn't care, I like her regardless of a picture I occasionally notice.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
When Savin will dig thou all other stuff he need to write before Anno/Syri. And I don't have a clue how much it's (well Savin only know exactly how much it's).

lovesword +5

Jul 26, 2017
I personally much prefer Anno, but I do agree that the old artwork for Syri is much better.

She looks cute, playful and perkier in the old picture. By contrast the new one looks a little odd and there's definitely something weird about the eyes.

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
Am I missing something, or is there a reason why people seem upset about people liking the old bust?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Am I missing something, or is there a reason why people seem upset about people liking the old bust?
An (slightly) old conversation about her canonical skin colour, if I recall.

(Feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong, and I'll remove this.)

Flash Dingo

Oct 8, 2016
I'm going to go waaaaay out on a limb here and hazard a guess that the author of Syri is upset that their decision to change Syri's bust isn't being as accepted by the community as they would have liked. Others earlier in the post pointed out that it may be licensing issues, which I suppose would explain why the old pic isn't even available as an option. :iiam:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I'm going to go waaaaay out on a limb here and hazard a guess that the author of Syri is upset that their decision to change Syri's bust isn't being as accepted by the community as they would have liked. Others earlier in the post pointed out that it may be licensing issues, which I suppose would explain why the old pic isn't even available as an option. :iiam:
Change the author out for the commissioner of the picture and you'd be closer. Licensing isn't an issue either as both pics were made by Cheshire. The only reason they both aren't available is the work Fen would have to do to add another artist slot to the game's code. Work that he would be doing for a single picture, so he doesn't think it's worth it.

Also, Hugs, you've been hostile about it since the very first question, there was no gradual wearing down of your patience, just you going from 0 to 100 faster than I could type Dornasest. You are pissed about something, but the amount of criticism isn't it.

Flash Dingo

Oct 8, 2016
Change the author out for the commissioner of the picture and you'd be closer. Licensing isn't an issue either as both pics were made by Cheshire. The only reason they both aren't available is the work Fen would have to do to add another artist slot to the game's code. Work that he would be doing for a single picture, so he doesn't think it's worth it.

Oh okay. There was so much going around wasn't sure what was what. Thanks for clearing that up, and yeah, I can see that much work for one picture wouldn't worth it. Though, if more artists update their work likewise in the future, maybe it would be feasible. :D

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
Because people won't shut the fuck up about it.

Even Im getting annoyed by these threads and I cant imagine how it must be for you Hugs.

However, why you feel obligated to answer in these threads every time it comes up, is beyond me. You dont need to. Just let them open thread after thread.

@OP: Please use the search function. Theres been plenty of discussion about Syris bust.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Also, Hugs, you've been hostile about it since the very first question, there was no gradual wearing down of your patience, just you going from 0 to 100 faster than I could type Dornasest. You are pissed about something, but the amount of criticism isn't it.
Let me stop you right there, dude, and invite you to go with me on a magical journey via the forum time machine
So, uh, it was just pointed out to me that Syri kind of looks like she has brown hair, instead of raven, like she's described as having. The old portrait had her hair look definitively raven, but this one seems almost in-between brown and black. It just looks weird to me now, and I keep going back to it to try and decide which color it is.

I honestly think it's the background that's causing that problem. No doubt Chesh drew the busts contrasting it on a white background, which has the effect of making dark colours appear darker, but if placed against a darker background, the darks will appear lighter.

I noticed the same thing with Erra's busts, if it's placed against the TiTS or a black background, her fur appears gray and her skin lighter, but against a white background her fur is jet-black.

Next time you can shill out for new busts ya damn ingrates >:V

Eventually... Hopefully...
As you can see, Hugs was initially pretty chill about his ( I imagine quite expensive) contribution to all us perverts here getting nitpicked. But it has been four months already. And this shit still keeps happenning.

So ask yourself, how would you feel towards an issue like that or a person kinda spearheading the whole thing?

Also, publicly calling the sincerity of what someone declares as their motivation into question without backin isn't nice. Especially when it's not really relevant, or when you don't provide any evidence.

You make all us nitpicking people look bad here.

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
I like chocolate, I just think that the color used in Syri's new bust looks more like orange than brown

Status
Not open for further replies.