Anyone else miss the old Cheshire Syri bust?

Want old Cheshire Syri as an option?

• Yes

• No

• Can't; If you chose this one you have to explain why

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Let me stop you right there, dude, and invite you to go with me on a magical journey via the forum time machine

As you can see, Hugs was initially pretty chill about his ( I imagine quite expensive) contribution to all us perverts here getting nitpicked. But it has been four months already. And this shit still keeps happenning.

So ask yourself, how would you feel towards an issue like that or a person kinda spearheading the whole thing?

Also, publicly calling the sincerity of what someone declares as their motivation into question without backin isn't nice. Especially when it's not really relevant, or when you don't provide any evidence.

You make all us nitpicking people look bad here.

You're right, Hugs was initially pretty chill about it, as the post you quoted shows. However, the very next post he made on it (seven days after the response in his thread), as far as I can tell was this one:
Like, do you really want me to go to Chesh, with her massive backlog and actual fucking job, and ask her to take time out of making other people's shit and trying to clear her commission list because a few people don't like Syri's hair?

Which fits my description of events quite nicely. He went from "chill" to "really not chill" very, very quickly. I hope that I can better reflect on all us nitpicking people now that I've provided some evidence.

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
Every time Syri's old bust is popped up again on the forums... Lil edit o'mine courtesy of @null_blank
Syri_Bust_RIP.png

All in all, bringing up getting the old bust back is a moot point, as it's been stated multiple times that Fen isn't gonna go through the time of day to have a separate category just to have a older version bust. I don't think anyone says or does will influence things otherwise.

Last edited:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Every time Syri's old bust is popped up again on the forums... Lil edit o'mine courtesy of @null_blank

God I haven't seen that meme in years, but it should be noted that only a minority of the forum is pissed off by this issue, it's mostly a civil disagreement.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Which fits my description of events quite nicely. He went from "chill" to "really not chill" very, very quickly. I hope that I can better reflect on all us nitpicking people now that I've provided some evidence.
IDK, man, a week of constant arguing and bickering seems a reasonable time to get angry over a petty thing such as this blown up to such proportions.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
IDK, man, a week of constant arguing and bickering seems a reasonable time to get angry over a petty thing such as this blown up to such proportions.
It wasn't a week of constant bickering though. There wasn't any discussion about it after Hug's post in his thread (Onyx made a post about it, but Noob changed the subject and nobody responded to it) and the next post on the subject was the OP of the thread I cited in my last post.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Hugs has every right to be very annoyed at people complaining in a short span of time. It was his money that he used to provide the correct bust for the game.
Of course he has. I'd actually be more surprised if he wasn't annoyed with people not liking what he spent money to have done.

Flash Dingo

Oct 8, 2016
Of course he has. I'd actually be more surprised if he wasn't annoyed with people not liking what he spent money to have done.
Yeah, but just because he dropped money on it doesn't mean it's free from criticism. Everyone's going to have their opinions, and some are gonna be worded better--and nicer--than others. And no, he doesn't have to like it. Every one can not like, or agree, with opinions. But they still have a right to their opinions.

Reactions: Kesil

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
Yeah, but just because he dropped money on it doesn't mean it's free from criticism. Everyone's going to have their opinions, and some are gonna be worded better--and nicer--than others. And no, he doesn't have to like it. Every one can not like, or agree, with opinions. But they still have a right to their opinions.
Which they do, but it's mainly that those same opinions have been stated so many times that it gets really tiresome hearing the same thing over and over when someone says "I like this old work better" when pretty much "what's done is done." We get it!!! I can sympathize with Hugs on that point. I'm the same way if someone tells me an old joke at my expense. It's only funny the first couple of times. After that, it gets gratingly annoying.

Last edited:

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
It wasn't a week of constant bickering though. There wasn't any discussion about it after Hug's post in his thread (Onyx made a post about it, but Noob changed the subject and nobody responded to it) and the next post on the subject was the OP of the thread I cited in my last post.
You lack context outside the forums. The blog comments had, and sometimes still have IIRC, people asking about getting the old bust back.

Hugs also spends a fair bit of time on the TiTS Discord, and there were people every day for the first few days after the new bust was added making Discord accounts purely to ask Fen what happened to the old bust and how to get it back. People still show up from time to time asking about it, sometimes even whining about it. Then there are near-daily comments all over the place about "the old bust was better."

A lot happened the forums in that week you mentioned, and more has happened since then. I have this sneaking suspicion that pseudointellectuals trying to practice armchair psychiatry on him probably don't help him cool down on this subject either.

I look forward to seeing what sophomoric dribble you squirt out next.

Flash Dingo

Oct 8, 2016
You lack context outside the forums. The blog comments had, and sometimes still have IIRC, people asking about getting the old bust back.

Hugs also spends a fair bit of time on the TiTS Discord, and there were people every day for the first few days after the new bust was added making Discord accounts purely to ask Fen what happened to the old bust and how to get it back. People still show up from time to time asking about it, sometimes even whining about it. Then there are near-daily comments all over the place about "the old bust was better."

A lot happened the forums in that week you mentioned, and more has happened since then.
If context was needed, you've given a fair bit for the situation. The antagonistic jab at the end was unnecessary though.

Reactions: EmperorG

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
If context was needed, you've given a fair bit for the situation. The antagonistic jab at the end was unnecessary though.
Yeah, you're right. You can obviously tell I have an axe to grind, and I'm sorry for shitting up the thread. I'm not sorry for what I said, but I am sorry for dragging it into public.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015

All in all, bringing up getting the old bust back is a moot point, as it's been stated multiple times that Fen isn't gonna go through the time of day to have a separate category just to have a older version bust. I don't think anyone says or does will influence things otherwise.
Well played

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016

Fair enough. I didn't take into account the Discord server and how much discussion actually goes on there. I only recently joined it myself and hadn't realized how active it was yet. I will admit I made a large mistake there.

However, it does need to be said, really just to defend my pride, that there wasn't any context to miss in the blog posts. I just went through all of the comments that were posted the week after the new bust was added and there were a grand total of twelve people who expressed negative opinions about the new bust; however, all of those comments were on the first blog post and in the first two days after it was posted, and all but one of the commenters were polite. Hugs responded to only one, saying that Cheshire wasn't open for commissions, while Fen responded to most of the others, and neither responded to the guy calling for riots. After that, there was not a single comment on the blog asking about the bust until the 30th, eleven days after Hugs cursed me out for wanting it changed.

I'm not sorry for what I said, but I am sorry for dragging it into public.
You didn't drag anything into the public as it was never private to begin with. I greatly respect the amount of work that you've done for Fenco and there isn't a single thing you've written that I dislike, but my respect for you as a person has greatly diminished. Shortly after you made your post you got on Discord and attempted to talk shit about me behind my back. However, once you realized I was there as well, you continued to insult me, disparaging the way I write and saying that I make these forums a worse place just by existing here, among other things, insults to which I never responded to in kind.

I don't care how badly your intestines hurt or how many months of anger you've held back, there is no excuse for using any of the insults you've thrown around. There isn't any valid reason to have that much anger built up over such a simple thing.

The people that go into Discord asking about the bust have no idea how many people before them have asked about it. How could they?

That's something that would be good for both you and Hugs to remember. The people constantly badgering you, asking about the bust, aren't annoying you intentionally. It's not even the same people. They aren't attempting to drive you insane. Their intentions aren't malicious. They aren't a lower class of human because they don't know how angry being asked about it makes you. It's just something that they've been wondering about for a while and they finally decided to find someone to ask about it. They don't deserve your anger.

Actually that's something that would be good for most people here to remember.

Hugs also needs to accept that there are mistakes in the bust he commissioned and that as the sole driving force responsible for getting the bust into the game, he will have to deal with random people who don't like it and want the old one back. That goes hand-in-hand with accepting that these people have a point. Syri's sclera look like they're black, her hair is brown, and her skin looks like it's spray-tanned. These things will continue to be pointed out as long as people can read character descriptions.

After being one of the first people to say that there were things I didn't like about the bust, Hugs and Fen responded reasonably (that it was too much work to change it for too little payoff), and I passed on the same answers when I got the chance, only to be cursed out and called immature for wanting the mistakes fixed, at some point, which I thought (and still do think) was a reasonable stance to take.

Now I won't be rude and try to leave myself with the last word by saying we should take this into private messages after this, but I do really hate drama and I hate that I've both dragged people and been dragged into this public situation, in which there is an inordinate amount of anger, so I'm going to suggest that you at least take your insults private so that we don't shit up this thread to the point that it requires moderator action.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There's nothing I like more than getting audible Discord pings complaining about threads when I'm off the clock. Don't be gay babies outside of 9-5 Eastern, please.

Hugs bought a really nice new bust of his favorite character, which we're now using. It's got a nude version and everything, unlike the old one. Some people want the old one back; they can't have it cuz of the way busts are organized in the code. Gonna have to suck it up, or petition Adjatha or Shou (neither of whom read the forums or public Discord) to draw new Dorna Siblings busts to go with the new SyriQuest I'm writing. Which might happen anyway. Fundamentally, this is an issue about which complaining on this particular platform accomplishes literally nothing other than making people into salt golems, so I'm going to go ahead and close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.