Additional considerations brought to you by...

Discussion in 'Trials in Tainted Space' started by Alecsandr, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Alecsandr

Alecsandr Well-Known Member

So, I had an ignorant thought today. I thought "why not make a thread for all those random's and forum users to post their works (much like the other authors threads) while also making a space for my own eventual additions." Now feel free to burn me with pitchforks and skewer me with torches if you must. Also as a progress update to all those that care i'm about a third of the way through Briha's part of the ex-pack that i'm writing, that being said that's only like maybe 1/10th the total document no spoilers though I'll post to google docs and link here once it's ready for proofreading, editing, and parser config 'cause i know absolute dick about that last thing.

P.S. i have to give a big thanks to hugsalright because i'm using kase's doc as an example on how to format this thing

Linarahn and DrunkZombie like this.
  2. DrunkZombie

DrunkZombie Well-Known Member

Looking forward to more Briha.

Irrlicht likes this.
  3. Alecsandr

so am I. Both feel so under utilized, although that maybe because we don't have a resolution to myrellion yet

4. noscope god

noscope god Well-Known Member

gold supremacy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Xeivous

Xeivous Well-Known Member

The gold leadership is by far the more monstrous of the two.

6. sumgai

sumgai Well-Known Member

Hey, I thought we had the flippin' Planetary Discussion Thread (Myrellion) to contain this patter!

MosAnted and Zevos like this.
  7. MosAnted

MosAnted Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see this. Both Briha and Lys break my heart once you make it past their jaded exterior. I woudl particularly like to be able to take Briha away to live with her daughter ;-;

Irrlicht likes this.
  8. noscope god

noscope god Well-Known Member

i dont know the difference i just think they're hot

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Alecsandr

Okay so i've got a question for everyone who cares, do you think it's plausible that a red myr could learn and eventually become a proficient weaponsmith with TiTs' more modern weapons, they aren't technical savant's like the ausuar or the raskvel so would it be too much of a stretch?

10. MosAnted

Hey you have an uplifted Korgonne able to make shield generators that put military grade ones to shame (Urbolg). Myr are technologically around late WW2 so it's less of a stretch in that case.

11. Alecsandr

i see where you're coming from with urbolg, i just didn't know if it would make sense for a race whose tech is like right between ww1 and ww2 to be able to understand let alone reconstruct a laser gun

12. MosAnted

I'm pretty sure they can learn if they have the drive and someone willing to teach.

13. Xeivous

Xeivous Well-Known Member

it's not like such species are dumber than those in the galactic community, they've just not had the chance to develop far enough to figure out spess future tech.

14. Alecsandr

Alright i just wanted to know if it would seem out of place or not, not trying to imply certain species are dumber than others just more concerned that it would break suspension of disbelief

15. Alecsandr

Update for y'all. Document is currently standing at around 7500 words, Briha has Sex scenes, crew interactions, Wake up scenes, and pregnancy content left before her half of the document is finished (this doesn't include the eventual, but seperate xpack i plan to write for Briha's Antique/custom Gunsmithing)

Does anyone have any questions, and does the forum have a unanimous desire from these xpacks

Irrlicht, Linarahn and Jongeedubs like this.
  16. MosAnted

You should start a proper thread on the Event subforum so people can give you proper feedback

17. Alecsandr

thought you had to post the document as well when you make an event submission post, or am i mistaken

18. Jongeedubs

Jongeedubs Well-Known Member

The document can still be WIP when you post it

19. Alecsandr

See that's my problem, i don't want to spoil anything before i'm ready for the document to get it's first pass at editing

Jongeedubs likes this.
  20. Linarahn

Linarahn Well-Known Member

Considering I've seen plenty posts of people that want Briha to get off the planet and be happy, keep at it! The snuggle ant must be brought to the safety of a cozy ship cabin.

ChromaTaphore likes this.
  21. ScarletteKnight

ScarletteKnight Well-Known Member

Personally, I guess I missed whatever makes people love Briha. I like her more than Lys, but that's mostly the bust art and anal scene.

22. Linarahn

Might be the attachment for some after making a baby with her? She is adorable regardless though.

23. Alecsandr

as Tyrion Lannister once said 'i have a tenderness in my heart for cripples, bastards, and broken things'

My personal reason is that i like the Myr (more fond of the reds myself as i enjoy the slim boyish looks of them), their story is one i'm familiar with since ww1 and ww2 are prefered studies of mine, because of my love of firearms. I also opted for abandoned, but loved, characters that haven't had much of their history or personality fleshed out, at one time i considered writing for queensguard but dropped those hopes as i could never compare to the resident analmancer when it comes to writing, especially for a character as unique as queensguard

Irrlicht likes this.
  24. ScarletteKnight

ScarletteKnight Well-Known Member

The baby that they won't name or raise, who just sits with their other little bastards?
    This is what makes me want more Hana, and while I do feel for Briha, and Lys who gets far less love, I don't see why people want to give her special treatment.

25. Alecsandr

Hana the ice queen ausar? meh, is how i reacted to that character unfortunately. tired old trope of 'strong love lorne woman, who lost the man she held dear to her' you get at least a variant of it in almost every game or movie and it doesn't stick easily anymore. but maybe more writing for her would change my mind. not that lys and briha don't fall into tropes themselves. Both of them remind me of 'all quiet on the western front' and you know both will be hit with the war weary soldier sticker never mind the disillusion and tragic loss tropes

26. Linarahn

I respect Briha's wish to name the kid herself. And, this might just be me, but I'm always delighted when I get to interact with my Steele's children.

Irrlicht likes this.
  27. DrunkZombie

Looking forward to seeing it. I like the weapon expert concept. So are you changing something in her pregnancy content? More interactions while she is pregnant because she is on board perhaps?

28. Alecsandr

haven't planned on adding it in this expansion, but i do plan on her eventually being able to visit the nursery and interact with her child/children although aya will be the only one explicitly mentioned since she's the only one thats named by either of you.

29. Regardless

Regardless Member

I thought Briha named the first two children?

30. DrunkZombie

I think so.