Additional considerations brought to you by...

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
So, I had an ignorant thought today. I thought "why not make a thread for all those random's and forum users to post their works (much like the other authors threads) while also making a space for my own eventual additions." Now feel free to burn me with pitchforks and skewer me with torches if you must. Also as a progress update to all those that care i'm about a third of the way through Briha's part of the ex-pack that i'm writing, that being said that's only like maybe 1/10th the total document no spoilers though I'll post to google docs and link here once it's ready for proofreading, editing, and parser config 'cause i know absolute dick about that last thing.

P.S. i have to give a big thanks to hugsalright because i'm using kase's doc as an example on how to format this thing

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Reactions: MosAnted and Zavos

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
I can't wait to see this. Both Briha and Lys break my heart once you make it past their jaded exterior. I woudl particularly like to be able to take Briha away to live with her daughter ;-;

Reactions: Irrlicht

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Okay so i've got a question for everyone who cares, do you think it's plausible that a red myr could learn and eventually become a proficient weaponsmith with TiTs' more modern weapons, they aren't technical savant's like the ausuar or the raskvel so would it be too much of a stretch?

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
Okay so i've got a question for everyone who cares, do you think it's plausible that a red myr could learn and eventually become a proficient weaponsmith with TiTs' more modern weapons, they aren't technical savant's like the ausuar or the raskvel so would it be too much of a stretch?

Hey you have an uplifted Korgonne able to make shield generators that put military grade ones to shame (Urbolg). Myr are technologically around late WW2 so it's less of a stretch in that case.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
i see where you're coming from with urbolg, i just didn't know if it would make sense for a race whose tech is like right between ww1 and ww2 to be able to understand let alone reconstruct a laser gun

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
i see where you're coming from with urbolg, i just didn't know if it would make sense for a race whose tech is like right between ww1 and ww2 to be able to understand let alone reconstruct a laser gun

I'm pretty sure they can learn if they have the drive and someone willing to teach.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
it's not like such species are dumber than those in the galactic community, they've just not had the chance to develop far enough to figure out spess future tech.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Alright i just wanted to know if it would seem out of place or not, not trying to imply certain species are dumber than others just more concerned that it would break suspension of disbelief

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Update for y'all. Document is currently standing at around 7500 words, Briha has Sex scenes, crew interactions, Wake up scenes, and pregnancy content left before her half of the document is finished (this doesn't include the eventual, but seperate xpack i plan to write for Briha's Antique/custom Gunsmithing)

Does anyone have any questions, and does the forum have a unanimous desire from these xpacks

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
Update for y'all. Document is currently standing at around 7500 words, Briha has Sex scenes, crew interactions, Wake up scenes, and pregnancy content left before her half of the document is finished (this doesn't include the eventual, but seperate xpack i plan to write for Briha's Antique/custom Gunsmithing)

Does anyone have any questions, and does the forum have a unanimous desire from these xpacks

You should start a proper thread on the Event subforum so people can give you proper feedback

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017

Considering I've seen plenty posts of people that want Briha to get off the planet and be happy, keep at it! The snuggle ant must be brought to the safety of a cozy ship cabin.

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Personally, I guess I missed whatever makes people love Briha. I like her more than Lys, but that's mostly the bust art and anal scene.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Personally, I guess I missed whatever makes people love Briha. I like her more than Lys, but that's mostly the bust art and anal scene.

as Tyrion Lannister once said 'i have a tenderness in my heart for cripples, bastards, and broken things'

My personal reason is that i like the Myr (more fond of the reds myself as i enjoy the slim boyish looks of them), their story is one i'm familiar with since ww1 and ww2 are prefered studies of mine, because of my love of firearms. I also opted for abandoned, but loved, characters that haven't had much of their history or personality fleshed out, at one time i considered writing for queensguard but dropped those hopes as i could never compare to the resident analmancer when it comes to writing, especially for a character as unique as queensguard

Reactions: Irrlicht

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Might be the attachment for some after making a baby with her? She is adorable regardless though.
The baby that they won't name or raise, who just sits with their other little bastards?
as Tyrion Lannister once said 'i have a tenderness in my heart for cripples, bastards, and broken things'
This is what makes me want more Hana, and while I do feel for Briha, and Lys who gets far less love, I don't see why people want to give her special treatment.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
The baby that they won't name or raise, who just sits with their other little bastards?

This is what makes me want more Hana, and while I do feel for Briha, and Lys who gets far less love, I don't see why people want to give her special treatment.

Hana the ice queen ausar? meh, is how i reacted to that character unfortunately. tired old trope of 'strong love lorne woman, who lost the man she held dear to her' you get at least a variant of it in almost every game or movie and it doesn't stick easily anymore. but maybe more writing for her would change my mind. not that lys and briha don't fall into tropes themselves. Both of them remind me of 'all quiet on the western front' and you know both will be hit with the war weary soldier sticker never mind the disillusion and tragic loss tropes

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Looking forward to seeing it. I like the weapon expert concept. So are you changing something in her pregnancy content? More interactions while she is pregnant because she is on board perhaps?

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Looking forward to seeing it. I like the weapon expert concept. So are you changing something in her pregnancy content? More interactions while she is pregnant because she is on board perhaps?

haven't planned on adding it in this expansion, but i do plan on her eventually being able to visit the nursery and interact with her child/children although aya will be the only one explicitly mentioned since she's the only one thats named by either of you.