A Tyrant's End (For jasmac)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Yes indeed..." He murmurs, getting up and moving off, but not before patting her between the ears.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
This only fuel's Sadie's new determination, and she takes a deep breath to prepare herself for what's to come. Her eyes scan the page as quickly as she can while still maintaining her understanding of what she's reading. Meanwhile, her hands set themselves to work, scribbling down anything of even minor importance in her notes as she flips between reading and writing.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Hours fly by, and at some point, she feels, rather than sees, Matthias staring at her.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"What's the matter?" Sadie raises an eyebrow, looking up at him from her book while massaging her sore hands.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Uhhhm..." He jerks his head back down. "Sorry! I didn't mean to stare!" He groans, covering his face with his hands.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Sadie giggles, very gently, to avoid making him feel at fault. Still, she's curious to see how far she can get by playing dumb. "Oh no, you're fine. Don't tell me you're about to reveal your own big plot for summoning a demon." She jokes.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"I'm messing with you. Got anything on your mind, you might as well say it." She says, pulling up her book and going back to work.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Umm... No... Don't know why I was staring..." He mutters, shaking his head as if he's annoyed with himself. Sadie gets the feeling that it's probably his first time being around a girl for this long...

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Sadie fights back another chuckle, hiding her smile with her book as she keeps scribbling away.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
It isn't long before Matthias tries to flirt...

"So Umm... Tell me a bit about yourself, Sadie. I think it's time we took a break, anyway." He says, shutting the book and rubbing his eyes. "Also, I need a break from looking at a bunch of scary, twisted, things..."

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
She shrugs. "Oh, there's nothing too interesting to tell. I was born to a big family, because the hoe rabbits I call mom and dad couldn't stop getting it on. They could've lost track of their own kids with how many there were and how busy they were with other things, swear to gods. I grew up in the same village, kicking the can around town until the unrest in the world scared me into getting my shit together. So, after mercenary work was a bust, I ended up here. What about you?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Um... Well, I just had a mom. Dad was killed in a cave collapse... No siblings." He mutters, rubbing the back of his neck. "Local monastery took us in, got us back on our feet and all. I decided to become a scholar and help mom with whatever money I could get." He murmurs.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"I'm so sorry." Sadie says, sobering up her flighty tone into genuine sympathy. "But uh- you and her are at least doing well enough now, right?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Uh, yeah. Yeah I suppose we are. I mean, we've got food to eat and a roof over our heads. That's enough, right?" He says with a shrug.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"I guess it constitutes 'well enough,' but it ain't living til you're happy." She says, as if she's implying some wisdom by the statement.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He smiles a little. "Well, if we're happy to he alive, that means we're living, aren't we?" He says, his cute little bat teeth flashing in the light.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"True that, my friend, true that." She nods, smiling back as she re submerges herself into the book.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Right..." He murmurs, looking down into his book as well.

Tevoran comes around after a while, and raises his eyebrows when he sees that they're still there. "Wow. In case you didn't know, dinner is going to be served in about three minutes." He says with a wry chuckle.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Well, we oughta hop to it then." Sadie says, just as wry in her own chuckling as she gets up from her chair. "Feeling pretty alright about this homework though, which is something no one but us can say." She smiles at Matthias.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Oh yeah." He says, grinning.
"Well, I'd suggest you run along." Tevoran says, shaking his head at Sadie's pun.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"I'd suggest the same. Thanks so much for letting us stay late!" She calls, already stuffing her notes wherever they ought to go while rushing to get the books back on the shelf. "C'mon Matthias, we really should haul it."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Tevoran winces as she just roughly stuffs the books back where they were, and walks over to arrange them more carefully as they rush out.

They manage to make it to dinner just before grace is said, and see an open pair of seats next to the waving Korel.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Feeling bold, Sadie grabs Matthias by the hand and rushes along to claim the seats, taking the one nearest Korel as she plops down tiredly. "Whoo. Hey guys. Just spent the last few hours working on Tevoran's homework with this nut over here. What have you all been up to?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Matthias yelps as she grabs him by the arm, and stumbles along behind her as she pulls him along, then takes a seat next to her, the black fur on his face mercifully hiding the beet red blush on his face.
"Aw shit. Completely forgot that. But then again, he didn't say when we had to submit it, right?" Korel asks.
"He said end of the week." Matthias says.
"Oh. That's in two days. Fuck." Jack groans.
"You're famous. He won't ask for yours!" Amara teases.
"Oh please. I can't even decide my weapon of choice!"

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Ha, joke's on you, Mr. "Sword and Human Canine Conflict" pales in the presence of the could be descendent of Fleetwood the Wise." She taps herself on the chest, holding the proud facade up for a moment before breaking into laughter. "That'd be the inventor of hopscotch in case you didn't know, which you probably didn't."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
They blink at her before sighing and facepalming. "Really? The inventor of hopscotch? Who even plays it anymore!?" Jack asks, shrugging.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Good question." Sadie shakes her head in defeat, ears flopping around as she confides in her tasteless watery broth.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"I used to play hopscotch as a kid. Pretty fun." Matthias murmurs.
"Well... That's one." Amara says with a chuckle.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Sadie changes the subject, slurping a spoonful of soup before speaking. "Say Korel, what've you foxes ever gotten done? Not accusing. Just curious." She asks, before tearing into her bread.