A Tyrant's End (For jasmac)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Uhhh... Earn a bad reputation as sly bastards. And thieves. That's it." He says with a poker face.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Well, then how's about we be the first of our kinds to get shit down?" She smiles, eyes narrowed in mischief.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He raises an eyebrow. "Clarify, lopear?" He asks, his lips twitching in a smirk already.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Oh, you know. No real plot comes to mind, not yet." Her smile widens, and she lists off the benefits in pretend boredom. "Just have each other's backs, be the other's first aide in a crisis... share the spoils? What's a trainee without a confidante?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Oh? Do you want me to be your partner in crime?" He says in a suave tone, bouncing an eyebrow at her.
"You do know we're sitting less than a foot away and can hear everything you're saying, right?" Amara says with a giggle.
"Yep. We want in too." Jack says, grinning.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Obviously." She answers, pointedly answering every question and claim of theirs with the one word. Her eyebrows bounce up in excitement as well, and she thinks hard about their new arrangement. "So we've all got each other's backs then? What a team." She giggles in glee, making sure to nudge Matthias with her elbow as part of the invitation. "Say, don't you think we need a name? If we're already going to talk about it as some kind of shady 'partners in crime' thing already, why not commit to a title?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Uhh... How about the Dastardly Three?" He says, blinking, a little smile on his face.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Dastardly. I like that." She rewards Matthias's with a pat on the back and a smile. "Though, if we've got you, me, fox bastard, Korel, and Jack, we oughta be the Dastardly Five if I'm not mistaken."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Or maybe the Dastardly Dangers. The number three just popped into my head. Dunno why..." He murmurs, chuckling and looking a little happy to get a pat on the head from Sadie.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Bonus points for alliteration. So, how about it? Are we Dastardly Dangers or aren't we?" She pretends to swoon, pointing to each of the other four as she mentions their names. "With Korel, the suave, unbearably charming fox, Amara, the beautiful goddess of the fighting spirit, Jack, the wolfish master of strength and the polearm, and Matthias, the whip smart brains and scepter bearing genius." She starts to lose steam as she gets to herself, scratching her head at a sudden loss. "And uh- me."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"And the... Umm... Team whore?" Jack says with a laugh, which turns into a grunt as Amara elbows him.

"The backup and emotional support is more like it." Matthias says, smiling.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Well, that doesn't make me feel worse at all." Sadie murmurs bitterly, crossing her arms and returning to her food. She felled Poggle, a shark, in training yesterday, didn't she? Sadie brushes it off as just luck, ripping off another bite of tough, tasteless bread and swallowing it dryly.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Nothing, Korel. Don't mind it." She says plainly, prioritizing on her food.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
This has the opposite effect, and they all immediately start buzzing with questions as to what happened to her, with Jack spouting wilder and wilder theories with each question directed at her.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Okay, I'm tiny alright!" She sets her hands down on the table, quite forcefully as her spoon rattles noisily. "There's a war on the rise, and what good am I? Backup? Emotional support?" She snorts with a cruel laugh at herself. "When shit hits the fan, what am I supposed to be? A 4'9" little bunny whore who everyone feels sorry for, that's what."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
This ends up attracting the attention of the whole table, which starts a chain reaction, which leads to the entire room staring at her.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"What? This doesn't concern any of you." She snaps at the bystanders, drinking the rest of her broth and standing to leave in two quick beats. "Whatever. Just give me a minute." She says, before turning and walking out.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Exactly a minute later, Matthias runs out and takes her hand in his furry ones. "Sadie, are you okay? What happened?" He asks, his big, chocolate brown eyes looking deep into hers.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"I told all that needs telling back there, my friend. I'm just some pathetic little rabbit lost in the big, bad world." She rolls her eyes, sarcastically and stomps on, either dragging him along with her or pulling her arm free from his hands, depending on his grip. Her march doesn't stop until she's at the door to Poggle's dorm, tapping her foot impatiently in wait for him to show up.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"W-what?" He's dragged along with her as she walks off. "So what? Just because you're tiny doesn't mean anything!" He says, looking around as they reach Poggle's dorm room door.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Assuming that he's still out at lunch, Sadie plops down and waits by his door, taking Matthias with her. "There's a war on the horizon. I don't have strength, or smarts, or charm, or that great of speed. Only enough to run away and tuck my head in the ground faster. I can't hold my own, and I'm going to change that."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"That's... Why we're all here, aren't we? We're all looking to better ourselves." Matthias murmurs kindly, hesitantly reaching up to stroke her cheek. "Um... It's... Okay if I do that, right...?" He mutters, blushing.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Yeah, sure." She says, still plain and unshakeable in tone as she keeps on staring at the ground with a sharp frown.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Hey. Look at me." Matthias murmurs, before gently but forcefully pushing her chin up so she can look at him. "Here's what I think about you." He suddenly leans in, his lips locking around hers in a soft, tender kiss.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Sadie doesn't dare pull away, honored to see the bashful batboy exude such courage for her sake. She actually blushes, just a bit, while appreciating the unfamiliar tenderness that his kiss offers. Not wanting to scare him, she stays hesitant when it comes to going farther, draping her arms calmly over his shoulders and refusing to introduce tongue unless he does.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He pulls back slightly after a moment, breathing quickly, his eyes bright. "Uhh... That was totally inappropriate, and you're very welcome to slap me if you want..." He murmurs, his forehead still pressed to hers.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Sadie pulls him into a tighter hug, breathing deeply with a new sense of tranquility. At somewhat of a loss, she thinks hard before speaking. "You know, if it takes me throwing a tantrum to bring you out of your shell, then I ought to do it more often. Or, I'll take the alternative, and watch you be bold from now on while I'll be nicer."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Well... Umm... Let's go with the second alternative..." Matthias murmurs, tilting his head to kiss her again. "I like you, Sadie... And I don't even remember your full name." He says with a chuckle, his arms cupping her cheek and softly caressing her neck.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
She leans into his pleasant touches, running her hands down to massage his back, and finally breaking the kiss after a fair amount of time. "Oh, really? What a coincidence. I like you a lot, too." She teases, nuzzling her cheek against his.